A Night to Forget

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

“Time for breakfast” Mike announced as he left the bathroom, “take your time”.

Mike had dressed quickly and was in the kitchen cooking breakfast.

Barbie worked her hair with the second towel. Drawing out the curly mass rubbing it from the roots to the ends. When she felt adequately dried, she left the bathroom to retrieve her clothes from the apartment floor. They seemed to be scattered randomly, but actually followed the their lustfilled path from the door to the bed. Panties, bra, blouse, skirt, shoes, sweater, purse it all seems to be in order she thought as she gather them and dressed. The wrinkles fell out of the loose fitting g blouse easily enough and the skirt never seemed to show creases. I look none the worse for wear she said to herself as she slipped her feet into her shoes. A she entered the kitchen the smell of breakfast food, bacon, eggs and toast, filled the small apartment.

“I think I am hungry after all that” she said without a hint of embarrassment, remorse or emotion.”

Mike shuffled about the small kitchen keeping a cautious eye on the skillets. “We have a wide selection of breakfast beverages” as he flipped the eggs, “coffee, orange juice or bloody Mary. Your choice.”

“Whatever you prefer, but I am not a coffee drinker.”

Mike leered at Barbie, “Well it is Saturday and my traditional Saturday breakfast includes a bloody Mary.” He reached into the small refrigerator and took out a large glass pitcher partially filled with tomato juice. He then, in a near random manner, grabbed the remaining ingredients from various nooks and crannies about the kitchen. Lastly he produced the vodka from the freezer compartment. Without much thought to measuring, he haphazardly mixed the ingredients, except for the vodka, into the chilled pitcher. As if it were a witches potion he stirred with a long, glass rod and poured a small glass and offered it to Barbie. She sipped it once, twice and a third time.

“There isn’t any vodka.”

“I am well aware of that. Vodka just adds punch, I like to be sure the basic mixture is tasty before the vodka. Does it need anything?”

“It is fine a bit on the hot side but I like that.”

With those words, he generously poured the vodka into the pitcher, mixing with the glass rod as he did, poured a tumbler for Barbie, inserted a celery stalk in the glass and offered it to Barbie. She accepted and nodded thanks and then he repeated the same for himself. Holding the glass in a toast, “Here’s to you!” and took a long gulp. Barbie held her glass to the light examining the particles floating on the surface. She put the glass to her lips and took a slight sip. “I have swallowed worse things” she thought and then finish half of the remaining drink with a series of small gulps. The cool liquid soothed her raw throat and the vodka went right to her head causing a strange lightheaded feeling.

As Mike tended the breakfast preparations, Barbie took the opportunity to walk about and observe the apartment in its entirety. Originally a large Victorian townhouse, the building had been cut up into as many apartments as zoning laws allowed. Mike’s efficiency apartment was a large room. A homemade cinder block and plank divider separated the ‘bedroom’ from the rest of the room. A small table with three chairs filled the area defined when the door was opened. An easy chair with a hassock facing a small television on a stool occupied the center of the rest of the room. A opposite the entrance was a doorway that lead past a closet to a series of there small rooms. The first he used as a makeshift office with small desk, chair, phone and work material strewn about the floor. The bathroom and kitchen were in the other two. Definitely Bohemian, quirky, eclectic and insouciant, but with a professional flair. That was always her impression of him. An impression shared by her dorm-mate Nora. Whereas Barbie was always attracted to his lack of concern about social trappings and acceptance, Nora was frightened of being a social outcast, or worse not being wealthy. Middle class was not an economic position she could accept. It must be upper class, hence the lack of reluctance to continue with Mike when a prominent lawyer’s son asked her for a date the first week of summer vacation.

Mike set the breakfast on the small table and topped off their glasses. The breakfast conversation was mostly small talk. Barbie asked about his work, to which he generally responded with shrugs. She talked about the unique urban area and its social composition. “I like it. Lot of people don’t. It meets all my needs.” Short and to the point answers always left her thinking about another question, but she did not ask it. Perhaps later she thought. The rest of the breakfast proceeded in mostly silent chewing and refills of bloody Mary’s.

Mike cleared the table and broached the subject of returning Barbie to her friends.

“When do you have to be back at the Colony?”

“Soon, I suppose, since they were expecting me last night about ten”, she chuckled.

Mike smiled at her seeming lack of concern.

“Oh well,” she continued, “twelve hours late isn’t too bad.”

Mike stacked the dishes and rooted about the shelf for a set of car keys. Barbie shook the wrinkles from her cardigan and put it on. As she did, she hid as much of her disheveled blouse behind the sweater and then ran her hands over her skirt to make it presentable. “I have an iron”, Mike states. “No bother, I look presentable enough”. Mike did produce a comb and brush and Barbie proceeded to teased he knots out of her thick mass of curly hair. When she finished, she tipped her purse on the table and picked up an elastic band and pulled her hair behind her head and secured it with the band. As she did. Mike noticed the contents of her purse. There amid the makeup, tampon and keys was a ring with a large elegant diamond setting. Barbie caught his expression as he stared at the ring. Casually, she picked it out of the clutter and slipped it on her left ring finger.

“Are you surprised?” she asked looking down and forcing the ring over her knuckle. “No. No not at all. You are too good of a woman to not be claimed. Congratulations are in order, I reckon”. “That is poor style”, she countered, “Best Wishes is a more appropriate response”. “Point taken. Let’s get going.” and he turned and stepped to the door. Barbie followed him. She wanted to say something but could not think of anything short of melodramatic. Did she hurt his feelings? Did she give him any false expectations? She did not know what he was thinking, but she felt she must do something.

Mike opened the door and then stepped aside to let Barbie pass. She took a step and then turned to face him. He gazed at her, she looked at the floor. “Aren’t you ready to go?”. “Not quite, There is one thing I want to do.” Mike’s nodded. Barbie, still looking at the floor said “I want to suck you” under her breath. Mike placed his hand under her chin and lifted her head so her eyes met his. “OK” he said, “do it.”

Barbie lowered her gaze again, not wanting to look Mike in the eye. She deftly rubbed the crotch of his pants feeling a hardon starting to take shape. With one hand on his belt she slowly unzipped his fly. Her hand reached in the toothed slot and felt his stirring cock. Reaching farther in she cradled his balls softly in her palm. Expertly she maneuvered the cock out of the boxer shorts and trousers into the open air. Still looking down, Barbie lowered herself to her knees in the classic blow job position. With his cock directly before her face, she closed her eyes and took it tenderly into her mouth. She stopped as the head passed her lips and gently nibbled the shaft. She spread her fingers and pressed her hands flat against his groin. She took a breath and then started rocking her head forward and backwards on his cock. Her mind was drifting towards other things and she did not want to look up at Mike, but her mouth, tongue, throat and face expertly worked the cock.

Mike was responding with lustful indifference. He always enjoyed blow jobs and never talked about love but he usually had some degree of interest and it wasn’t there this time. He resisted putting his hands on her head and forcing his cock down her throat. Barbie sensed his indifference. Without emotion she sucked him until she felt the slight surge of cum. His output was slight and thin. She made no comment as she stood and walked out the door. Mike put his cock back in his pants and followed Barbie down the steps to the street

They got into the car and Mike started the engine. The steady rain cast a gray yet shiny pall over the neighborhood. Without speaking he put the car in gear and drove north along the side street until it intersected the main cross street. Without completely stopping, he pulled out into the traffic, cutting the wheels sharply to the right to avoid drifting into the other lane. At the entrance to the interstate he ran a yellow light and gunned the engine into the northbound lanes.

“Perhaps I should have mentioned . . .”, her words trailed off.

“Why? It is not any of my business.”

“But I should have told you. Then you could have chosen to let me stay or make me go. I think I was not fair to you.”

“Let me tell you the way I look at it. We are two former college classmate who met unexpectedly after a few years. After some chit-chat about old times sake, we both got lucky. Or at least I feel I got lucky. Let’s just keep it that way.”

“Is that the way you felt when Nora dropped you?” Barbie felt a bit smug.

“Not quite. It did hurt some, but I wasn’t surprised when she dropped me. I never thought our relationship was destined to have a long shelf life, but I did expected it to survive a two week separation. That’s the way the world works. I wish her no ill will and I hope she is happy.”

Barbie had hoped to hurt him by bringing up the past, but she was not prepared for his candor or his acceptance of it. It made her feel small for mentioning it.

“How is she doing?”, Mike asked.

“Nora is doing fine. She found all that she was looking for. She would be the last to complain about that. I am not sure she is handling all the baggage that comes along with it though. But I would say she is happy with her lot in life. She is pregnant too.”

“That is good to hear, I reckon. Never had an opinion on how she would be as a mother. That can put a crimp in your social life.”

“Not if you have enough outside help” Barbie retorted. “And I am sure she will have that. She asks about you. Nothing real serious, just whenever we get together and reminisce. She says she heard this or that and wants to know if there is any truth to the stories. I answer honestly that it beats the shit out of me what you are doing.”

“Until the next time, she asks” he quipped.

“Naw! I’ll still say the same. It may beg some questions I don’t want to answer, or I would like to answer but can’t.”

Mike’s attitude put her at ease. Let’s just let it be as he said. A random meeting and we both got lucky. Just forget about it. Don’t let this night alter any plans.

Mike wheeled the car off the expressway an into the parking lot of the Colony Apartment complex. A maze of artsy named roads confronted him.

“Where to?” he asked.

“Take a left, then a right a the end of the road.”

He did as ordered. Taking it slow so she could examine the numbers.

“Shit”, she yelled, “stop the car. For Christ’s sakes, he’s here. What the fuck time is it?” Barbie glanced at the dashboard clock. “Is that right?” Before he could answer that it was, she continued. “Turn around. Jesus Christ he wasn’t suppose to be here until two o’clock.”

Mike turned the car and proceeded back the way he came looking in the mirror for any people who may be staring at his car.

“That pick up truck. That is his pick up truck. Shit! Now what. I’m fucked.” she meant that in the pejorative sense.

“OK, relax, let’s get our thoughts together.” Mike’s voice was calm and measured. “We have a couple options, but I expect that being completely honest isn’t the one you want to pursue.”

Barbie was flushed and she sank low into the seat.

“First off, only you and I know where you were last night after your friends left. Is there any other place you may have stayed?”

Barbie ground her teeth. “I have thought about that . I have an aunt on the west side of the city. I have visited her in the past when I was down here. If I can somehow get and excuse to be there I may be able to pull it off.”

“Now”, Mike’s mind was scheming an mile a minute, “none of your friends know what happened after they left the Mt. Royal. Let’s create a scenario.” Barbie was paying attention hoping he could be convincing. “You finished your drink and wanted me to take you to the Colony. I was feeling like I might get lucky and wanted you to have another drink, You insisted I take you. I said I wouldn’t unless you had another drink. You went to the phone to call Carmel, but couldn’t remember the phone number. Or the phone number you thought was hers turned out to be the wrong one. So, what do you do? Call your aunt! You tell her the situation and she volunteers to come pick you up or you take a taxi to her place. Either way you end up there for the night. This morning you call the number again and get the same wrong number. So, you take a taxi here. And there you are, a pretty good lie. The only flaw is why didn’t you take a taxi to the Colony last night?”

Mikes delivery was rapid fire. She hung on every word thinking of loopholes or contradictions.

“I don’t know the apartment number, which I don’t. I only know the look of the place. In the dark I would never find the apartment in this maze. So I took my aunt’s offer and stayed the night there. And all my friends will think you are a real shit for doing this to me.”

“That is a small price to pay since there are a legion of folks who feel that way about me already” he laughed. He had driven, almost unconsciously, to the entrance of the apartments. “Why don’t you get out here and you can rehearse your story as you look for the apartment.”

“Good idea” and she opened the door and walked around the car to the driver’s window. She leaned over so her face was even with his. “Will this work”, he asked. “I think so. It sounds too off the wall to be made up. And besides, he has always believed me in the past” she said with a knowing smile. Mike nodded.

Barbie stayed at the window. “I want to thank you for everything. I like to think of you as a good friend. You could have just kicked me out somewhere along the line and nobody would be the wiser.”

Mike didn’t answer but extended his arm and rubbed the back of his hand gently across her tits. Barbie grinned and bent forward as if to kiss him, but instead reached through the window and placed her hand over his crotch and squeezed. They both laughed, then kissed. Lightly and briefly as an old married couples do when one is dropped off a the train station.

Barbie turned and walked down the road towards the apartment. Mike watched her through the rear view mirror. She looked back after about 10 steps and gave a low inconspicuous wave. Mike did not return the gesture, but pulled out of the parking lot and turned towards the expressway. He silently mused about the old times, Carmel, Nora, Barbie and whoever. While he was doing so, it suddenly occurred to him. “What is her last name? Italian I think or was it Irish? Damn, I must be getting old.”

As his car entered the expressway and crested the hill southbound into the city, he said to himself, “I have to dig out an old yearbook and look up her name. This is bothering me.”

finis

Slan,

Emma