A Nude Day Rite of Passage

Story Info
Fraternal twins discover what Nude Day means for them.
9.6k words
4.59
33.7k
28
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Nude Day isn't a specific holiday in the country of Philthshire. It is a rite of passage. A tradition every able-membered body of society participates in. That's because it lands on one's 21st birthday. While there is no law that says one MUST participate in it, it's more sacred than that. Like a Bar Mitzvah for one of the Jewish faith, except it's not religious in nature. It's rooted in the culture, having started as far back as Queen Clitoria's reign. That was like... a million years ago, back when it should have died as quickly as it began. Personally, I think the whole thing is stupid. Fucking stupid. Why should we have to subject ourselves to this humiliation? It's not just the fact that one can't go with clothes, one also is to host a breakfast and then a mid-afternoon party with friends and close family. The tradition is capped off with dinner and drinks into the wee hours of the morning. It all sounds fun until you remember you have to do it naked. Everyone else is dressed like normal except the Nude Day celebrant. Well, I suppose twins might share some shame on their days and that's how this relates to me specifically.

Bernie, my twin brother, came barging into my room. We were both dreading Nude Day which was quickly approaching. Our parents were overjoyed. After all, Nude Day is like the official end to one's personal "coming of age" story. "Beebs, I can't do this. I'm going to pass out just thinking about it! Grandma's gonna be there and so will cousins Vic and Pam!"

"You think I'm any better off than you? I've been throwing up before going to bed every night, I'm so anxious. I can't get my mind off it."

Bernie plopped face first on the bed next to me and started moaning. "Mom fucking invited Alicia Tellus to the picnic we're doing at the park." It isn't really a picnic. Yes, there's stuff like burgers, hotdogs and snacks, but most of the tradition lies in playing stupid games like cornhole, wheelbarrow and horseshoes. Silly stuff to do while you build an appetite for the big event at the end of the day. "Alicia's been my crush since like middle school and now she's going to see me naked!" moaned Bernie.

"Why would Mom invite Alicia?" I asked, sitting up. Alicia and her older brother grew up in the same neighborhood as us. Mark wasn't that much older, just a year ahead of his sister and us. If Bernie's affections toward Alicia could accurately be described as a 'crush' then my affection for Mark would probably be labeled 'this bitch is crazy'. I have been head over heels for that man for years. It's not just that he's handsome, tall and athletic. It's all the other shit, like how he helps his grandmother out of the car, or the volunteer work he does at the animal shelter. All this, and he's finishing up his law degree. He's like the embodiment of every woman's dream man. Of course, I never entertained the idea that I had a chance with him. Mark Tellus is way out of my league.

"You know Mom," sighed Bernie, turning over, staring at the ceiling. "I think she just wants to torture me."

"Why? Because she knows how much you crush on Alicia?"

"Yes. Mom thinks it's so cute I like Alicia so much. Mom probably thinks she's helping me out, forcing her to hang around me on Nude Day."

It's kind of considered rude to reject an invitation to someone's Nude Day celebration. I wondered if Alicia replied back. "Wow, that's really cold of Mom," I said. "I'm sorry, Berns."

Bernie and I got along well for siblings. We had to, in order to put up with our parents' madness. Mom and Dad annoy us endlessly, and we don't know if it's to intentionally push our buttons, or if they're just clueless as to how toxic they can be. There's lots of examples to cite, but it starts with them having no boundaries. Always being up our shit. Bernie and I hope to leave the house and share an apartment in the city, sooner than later.

Bernie covered his face with his hands. "Oh my god, Beebs. Fucking Alicia. I have to be naked in front of Alicia Tellus!"

I patted my brother on his chest while he laid there. "What is it you've told me when I've freaked out thinking about this?"

"It's just one day..." Bernie sighed. "One day." Citing the mantra he's used on me countless times.

"And people won't even think about it, or remember it, twenty years later. Right?"

"Yeah, right... exactly." Bernie was sounding unconvinced.

"Two days, Beebs. It's in two days. I'm about to have a panic attack."

"You've never expressed this much fear or dread before. You were always keeping my shit together. Don't tell me you're losing it on me."

Bernie dropped his hands and looked at me. "Yeah, I was bullshitting both you and me, I guess. I tried, but I am.... I dunno... this sucks"

"It does."

Bernie pushed himself up, propping on his elbows. He was quiet for a moment but then he asked, "Beebs, could you, uh... do me a favor?"

I picked my hairbrush off the side table and started weaving it through my hair. "What? Tell Alicia not to come?"

"Yeah, I wish. Mom would kill you. No, I... well... I mean, I haven't ever been naked in front of someone. Not anyone. Not even in the gym locker rooms. I always used the private stalls."

"You dated Paula for two years, Bernie!"

"Yeah, and she wouldn't let me go past first base, Beebee. Refused to even rub my boner through my pants."

"Oh," I said, surprised. I had no idea my brother was still a virgin. Not that I'm that experienced. I'm no virgin, but I can count the number of men I've been with on my forefinger. Bernie and I look good, but neither of us have had many date nights. Well, except for Bernie's weird relationship with his ex, but he didn't get anything out of that apparently. "What favor do you want?"

Bernie was practically trembling. "Just... oh, this is so embarrassing..."

"What?"

"I just wanted your opinion."

"On what?"

"Me."

"Uh, okay. About?"

"About what we've been talking about, Beebs!" Bernie perched himself up and then leaned far over the edge of the bed. "Just... tell me if I look okay."

I stopped playing with my hair and put the brush down. "You mean... like, naked?"

There was a pause and a soft answer, "Yes."

I touched Bernie on the shoulder pulling him to me, giving him a quick hug. "Hey, relax, Berns. You're going to be fine."

"Yeah, you're just saying that. I know you're as messed up as me over this."

"Maybe. But we'll get through this, okay? Everyone does."

"Is everyone as nervous as we are?"

I thought about it a moment. "If I had to guess, probably most people. I guess there are some with no qualms about it. But Bernie, there are also some people that are against it so much, they won't even do it. They refuse."

"Yeah, and they risk being outcast from their families. You and I both know that's not an option for us."

"Fine, Berns. Go ahead. I'll give my opinion."

"What if it's not good?"

"Do you want me to lie?"

Bernie didn't say anything. He just sat there for a minute. I was about to let it go and finish primping my hair when he started pulling off his shirt.

**

Nude Day is unique to Philthshire. No other country has anything like it. Sure, there are some cultures that go naked or very close to naked, but not many that save such acts for only one day in a lifetime. It is interesting to note that overweight and obesity rates are the lowest on the globe with the "under 25" demographic in Philthshire. It is believed that Nude Day might be responsible. After all, most people prepare for it. Think of it like practicing for a sport, or music recital or a test. In this case, the custom is that most people spend six months prior to Nude Day exercising, tanning, and eating right. Of course, my brother and I were no different. We didn't even have a choice. Mom and Dad started us on a healthier diet over a year ago.

**

Bernie's always been a bit pudgy. Sometimes more than a bit, depending on the season. But these days, Bernie's at his lightest. He may have, at most, fifteen or so pounds of excess weight on him, but he's always had lots of muscle from his football days. Fitter than a Dad Bod, but not cut like a Hollywood action star. Regardless, I was shocked when he dropped the pants and underwear to face me. I quickly turned away. "Okay, bro. Nothing wrong with that, nope! You're just fine."

"Do you mean it, Beebs? You hardly even looked."

I was nodding fast. "Oh, yeah. You're fine, bro. Just fine."

"Come on. You're being unfair. I'm not too fat?"

I quickly changed the direction of my head from a nod to a shake. "Nope, nope. Not fat. Lookin' good, Berns. Fitter than I ever remember seeing you. I mean it."

"But... come on... you know why I'm nervous. What about the rest of me?"

I switched the direction of my head movement yet again, back to nodding. Furiously. "All good, I promise." I even did a thumbs up with my hand, but that was more for to me, to help block my vision and ensure I couldn't see more of Bernie. The fact was, I can't look at it. Ethically, that is. If I gazed on his package even a second longer, I might get too morbidly curious about it. I didn't want to freak Bernie out, but if I had to guess, it's about average in length. You know, it hangs down a few inches or so like most penises. I'm well aware they grow, and not everyone hangs as long as when they are erect. But it was the sheer girth of it. Getting intimate with Bernie is going to an intimidating, if not frightening act, for whomever is first to go. I've never seen such a fat cock in my life and I've watched enough porn to have seen a wide variety.

"C'mon, Beebs! You're not even looking."

I snapped my head back to Bernie and stared him in the eyes. Only in the eyes. I dared not drop them. Calmly, I said. "Bernie, I promise. You're fine." And in a desperate attempt to get Bernie's clothes back on him, I screamed, "My turn!"

Bernie's eyes went wide. "What? You want to do this, too?"

"Yeah, I want your opinion," I lied, turning away again. I just wanted him to get dressed so I wouldn't embarrass myself staring at his fat, fucking cock. I reached down for my socks. "Put your clothes on, please. It's too weird with the both of us naked and alone in here."

"Oh, yeah. Okay. Right." Bernie fidgeted about and started getting dressed.

But now I had to follow through on showing off my naked body. I didn't want to, but better than being subjected to embarrassing myself in a worse way. I don't know why, but the instant I saw Bernie's penis, I wanted to squeeze it. Feel it in my hands. The desire was impulsive. It's just so thick. I think it might defy known laws of biology. I felt sorry for Bernie. Who was going to fit that fat thing in their pussy? To be honest, if anyone ever succeeds, I'd kind of like to watch. Like a Ripley's Believe It Or Not experience.

"Um... I know you're going to see everything in just a second, but could you turn around?" I asked Bernie. Goose bumps raced up my skin. I don't think we've seen each other naked since the day of our births. Likely due to our conservative upbringing.

As insanely enthusiastic as our parents are about Nude Day, it is paradoxical to their true nature. Philthshire is a very progressive country. Mom and Dad are anything but. They are always checking up on Bernie and me, making sure we don't get into trouble, that the people we hang out with are "nice" and that we don't party like the average Philthshirian. We even go to church. Who goes to church these days? We do, that's who.

But Mom and Dad are conservative. Into traditions. Somehow Nude Day gets a pass, but god forbid we go on a second date with someone without getting a two-hour lecture. Now I know why Mom allowed Bernie to date Paula for so long. Paula didn't put out.

I finished undressing and closed my eyes breathing in, exhaling slowly. Finally, I opened them and turned around. "Okay, Berns. You can look. Tell me what you think." My nerves had me shaking, but there was a bit of me that was truly curious what he thought. As much as I hate the healthy eating and daily workouts, I've been pretty satisfied with the results. I lost the belly fat without losing the tits and my ass firmed up a bit.

Bernie started turning to face me, saying, "I'm sure you look grea-" He stopped dead in his tracks. Like his brain melted or shut off for a second. Then he jumped around, his back to me again. "Yeah, definitely fine, sis!"

"Wait. What?" I screamed. "You didn't even look at me for one second! How could you even make a judgment?"

Bernie stuttered, "I, uh.. um... y.. ya.. you... I... I mean, you're good. Great! I mean it, sis. Nothing wrong at all. Much better than me!"

"I didn't see anything wrong with you!" I yelled. "How could I be better than that?"

Bernie scoffed. I noticed his shadow bounced off the wall he was facing. "Yeah? And you think you looked at me any longer than I looked at you?" he asked.

He had me there. But fuck, I'm a girl! What guy doesn't like a nude girl standing in front of them? Then again, he is my brother, so I realize it's awkward on the surface alone. But still. Tits? Ass? Live and in the flesh? Any other guy would be ogling, right? "Bernie. What is it? Am I gross or something?"

Bernie was shaking his head fast, eyes clinched tightly closed. "You look great, Beebs, I swear! I really mean it! I'm gonna let you get dressed now, okay?"

"No, it's not okay!" I pouted, as I snatched up my shirt and shorts. I was pretty fucking pissed. Bernie wasn't telling me something and now my confidence was shattered. What the fuck did he not like about what he saw?

Bernie spoke while still facing the wall. "Hey, I'm gonna go to Heath's and probably spend the night. I guess we should meet up on Nude Day first thing, okay?"

"It starts right here, right?" I waved to the bed, as that's where we sleep and theoretically, we start the day naked. Bernie didn't see me motioning, still too grossed out to look at me. "Okay. I'm dressed now," I said.

Bernie sighed, relieved, and started his exit to the door. "Yeah, uh, so if I don't see you tomorrow, I'll meet you here first thing Saturday. Nude Day. We're supposed to have breakfast prepared by 9 a.m."

"Why is it the birthday people have to cook the breakfast?"

Bernie rolled his eyes. "I don't know, but I dread the thought of cooking bacon."

I laughed and Bernie left, leaving me wondering why he was so uncomfortable looking at me when I was undressed. His voice sounded like it was filled with angst... or disappointment. Something wasn't right. I didn't get to ask him or pursue it further. Not before Nude Day, anyway. Bernie stayed at Heath's up until I went to bed on Friday night. I was kind of vaguely thinking he might be chickening out. The way I had reacted to seeing him naked was no better than the way he treated me. I hated myself for acting like that, but I couldn't help myself. Fuck, Bernie's cock was thick. The thing is, I saw it for such a brief flash of a moment, I couldn't remember whether I thought of it as attractive or more like a curioso, like The Elephant Man. I knew I would be drawn to looking at it and I dreaded the idea of trying to resist the temptation all day.

**

And here we are. Nude Day. Dread Day. I Hate Myself Day. Can Everyone Just Fuck Off and Die Day?

I was looking at myself in the mirror, freshly showered, hair dried. I wasn't wearing a stitch. 'What was it Bernie saw that he hated so much?' I kept asking myself. It was almost eight o'clock and I was still worried about Bernie when I heard him come in, closing the door to the bathroom. He was out of the shower at 8:05 and soon I heard a tap on my door. Bernie's voice through the door, "Hey, um.... I guess we better get started. Gran is coming with the cousins and I think Mom invited the Masons from next door."

I responded, a quiver in voice while I still tried to project through the door. "Um.. we're doing scrambled eggs and toast, right? Keeping it simple?"

"Don't forget the bacon," I heard him say. "You okay in there?"

"Yeah, uh... almost ready." I walked to the door and paused, trying to calm myself. Finally, I swung it open and stared my brother directly in the eyes. We both froze, not blinking, not moving our eyes one millimeter. "So, uh...." I stammered. "I guess we should get started!" I pushed past Bernie and marched fast to the kitchen. He could see my ass. Hopefully that didn't repulse him. I could hear him right behind me. "Mom and Dad wake you up this morning?"

"No, I haven't even heard them get up yet."

"Ah, okay," Bernie said.

I started pulling out ingredients from the refrigerator and cabinets, keeping my face angled away from Bernie at all times. I noticed he kind of did the same as he pulled out silverware and plates. "Where is everyone going to sit?"

"You should probably pull out the table leaf. Maybe the card table too?"

"Hmm. With the leaf, the table fits eight. Ten if we squeeze in. How many are we having again?" Bernie started counting and briefly, like just for a second, my head whizzed past him and I couldn't help but see it. A fat hunk of flesh there. So thick. But it passed in a blur because I absolutely refused to pause on it. I don't want to risk being rude or embarrassing myself. "The four in our family. The Masons next door is another four. Gran and the cousins."

"Not Alicia?"

"I think Mom just invited her and Mark to the picnic."

"Mark?" I asked, panicked.

"Yeah, didn't I tell you? Mom asked them both."

Holy Fuck! Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck!! Alarms went off in my head. Mark Tellus was going to see me naked? After Bernie's reaction to seeing me naked, I was mortified with the thought of it. The last thing I wanted to do was repulse Mark in some way. I whipped around, grabbing Bernie by the shoulders, twisting him around. "You have to tell me what's wrong with me, Bernie. Now! If Mark's going to-"

Bernie pushed back, staring me up and down and then quickly turning his head again. "What? I told you, you're fine, Beebs! Relax!"

"I want to know what's wrong with me! Mark Tellus? He's like been my crush forever. You think you got a crush on Alicia? Well, bro. Maybe I've kept this secret too long, but you ain't got shit on me! And if Mark has the same reaction as you..."

Bernie was waving his hands, shaking his head. And that's when I realized. This whole time while I had been confessing my love for Mark, I had also been grossly absorbed looking at Bernie's cock. Bernie's head was turned away from me (not to mention he was keeping his eyes shut tightly), and his body was at a slight angle, but I could still see that thick, meaty spectacle. I wanted to touch it. Squeeze it, to see how it feels in my hand. But I was also mortified about the thought of embarrassing myself in front of Mark Tellus and I kept pressing Bernie to tell me what was wrong. What didn't he like about my naked body?

Finally, Bernie tried to calm me down, "Beebee. I promise. You are a very attractive woman. The reason... the uh, reason I have difficulty looking at you..." Bernie was starting to shake, his eyes shifted to the floor.

"Come on, Berns. You can tell me. I promise I can take it. I just need to know."

Bernie cursed himself under his breath, tears almost in his eyes. "Uh, Beebs... it's your nipples."

"My nipples?"

"Yeah. Well, I guess your breasts. They're nice and full and all. But uh... yeah... your nipples."

"What's wrong with my nipples?"

"Nothing!!" Bernie almost screamed. He dropped his voice low. "Nothing, I mean. It's just... uh... it's me."

"You?"

"Uh, yeah..."

"What do my nipples have to do with you?"

"Goddamnit, Beebs. Are you going to make me spell it out?"

"Umm, yeah. I think so because I don't get it." I couldn't help but look at Bernie's package while I argued with my brother. Goddamn, it's so impressively thick. Thicker than my wrist, I think. I kept trying to pull my eyes away while Bernie tried to explain what's wrong with my nipples.