All Comments on 'A Picture – Worth A Thousand Words'

by Wasted_Raven

Sort by:
  • 26 Comments
Sid0604Sid0604over 9 years ago
Thank you...

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this chapter and look forward to reading more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

This was NOT romance, if I wanted to read about cheating sluts and ungrateful kids I'd go to LW!

wargameronewargameroneover 9 years ago
Good start. ..

For this story. Unlike some of my unwashed brothers, I have seen the flowers of romance arise like a Phoenix from the ashes of a relationship that has crashed and burned. The main character shows that he will take charge of his life. Looking forward to the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
More realistic.

A better realistic approach/description than your "Then was then...."

OldmarriedtarOldmarriedtarover 9 years ago
Missed Placed!!!!!

This is a LW story. Romance should be limited to adult behavior. This story has been all about immature thinking and behavior.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

Perhaps the romance is yet to come, in any case I thought you did a fine job with it.

gordo12gordo12over 9 years ago
Good writer

I liked the first chapter but agree it (and your other story) should have been in LW not the romance section.

Lit definition of romance stories "Candlelight, wine, and a soft kiss." The stories definitely don't qualify and will piss off readers looking for that. They'll get much better readership in LW and won't piss people off half as much.

paulroverpaulroverover 9 years ago
Good story,well written.

No matter where it is, looking forward to part 2.

bruce22bruce22over 9 years ago
Very Enjoyable BTB

so far, but there is bound to be a romance further down the road. Category fitting is a bitch!

The beginning was full of cliches but the happy divorcee was a pleasant surprise.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
And Part 2 is - when?

Good tale; good speed and logic.

So when do we get the next part ?

73

HP

RgazmRgazmover 9 years ago
Good start...

Great pace, not hectic or going off on tangents, and pretty believable storyline. Having been through something similar, I can relate to the emotional relief when it's finally over. Keep up the good work.

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketover 9 years ago

I think Rgazm hit it exactly right about this story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

this is story is going good i would love to see more chapters of it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Revenge Porn

Is "revenge porn" a thing that we need a category for? Tales of getting even with exes? A surprisingly number of people confuse revenge fantasy stories with romance and this worries me.

rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
I am hoping that romance will appear some time in the future

it was absent in this chapter which featured a cheating, soon to be ex-wife.

It would also be nice if at least some of the people could be ordinary, pleasant, or even regular looking. They don't have to be "handsome, or a "beauty queen", just good folks.

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
SOMETIMES PICTURES AND MIRRORS

don't always display the whole truth. TK U MLJ LV NV

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 9 years ago
Enjoyed it

well done. Five stars. It is frustrating when an author has a character act on the basis on information that the readers are not privy to. You had the husband read the summary of the wife's reason why she cheated but didn't bother to share them with the reader. I would have liked to hear her excuses.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 9 years ago

In your last series, you added chapter indicators to the titles, but didn't on this one. It is helpful for readers like me, who don't like to start a series until it finishes. I will hold off reading any further offerings until I know your complete.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Romance??????????

No, just an author who doesn't have the balls to post this in the right category. Loving Wives. Pity too so far it would have scored high.

But reading this writers previous works, a reconcile is the way it will end, and with totally confusing reasons.

Don't care if the bitch is burned, but don't make the protagonist a wimp.

connoisseur29connoisseur29over 9 years ago
*****

Very good start to "Loving Wives", but I guess you've read that one already. Now onto the second part. Cheers!

rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
it was a sad and lonely marriage for both of them

Near the beginning, when talking about his wife, he did not know anything about her. Nor could he even tell what her job was other than something clerical. Sally, on the other hand, he knew almost everything about, her past marriage, what she liked and didn't care for, and what a consummate professional she was. Same for the relationship with his children. They were strangers to him, and he didn't care.

The portrait of his marriage and family, as described here, was not a pretty picture.

tO1kmhq5apoPRPwxtO1kmhq5apoPRPwxover 8 years ago
NOT romance

This is straight LW.

That said, I'd like some more explanation on why she was such a frigid, cold bitch with him.

Not a bad story.

nixroxnixroxover 2 years ago

5 stars - I like this story.

oldtwitoldtwitabout 1 year ago

I liked the way you wrote this, nice clearly put plot and characters, pity not a lot of sex in involved

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I couldn't read past that idiotic scene where the wife and her paramour have a clearly audible, fully detailed, conversation where they unequivocally state their feelings, describe their transgressions, and state the duration of said transgressions. Hell, a beating with a rubber hose, electrodes to the tenderloins, and a dose of Sodium Pentothal won't get that much confession out of someone. How many people talk in bed in a tone that can be heard clearly out in the hallway? Sheesh. Lazy, lazy writing. Didn't read/didn't vote.

TJY

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

I agree with TJY, lazy writing and, I might add, borrrring.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userWasted_Raven@Wasted_Raven
I'm Canadian and retired. I write for my own pleasure. If others find the stories enjoyable, that's good. If not, so be it.

SIMILAR Stories