All Comments on 'A Place Beyond The Horizon Ch. 01'

by SamYork

Sort by:
  • 18 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

You should make it clear upfront whether this is a reconciliation story or not. Does it end with him getting back with his cheating wife? Even if he does not end up with her, does he give her another chance? It's not a spoiler, nor does it detract from the storytelling. It just saves the time of a lot of people who aren't interested in reconciliation stories. Maybe add a preface to this and all future updates, if this is the case.

cobblerretiredcobblerretiredover 1 year ago

Loved it. Good start.

NoTalentHackNoTalentHackover 1 year ago

Glad to see this character (these characters?) get a resolution. Loved the first set of stories with them, looking forward to where you're taking it.

SamYorkSamYorkover 1 year agoAuthor

Thank you for the comments!! I'm working in the framework of the oneagainst stories Oxygen Games and When One Day We Are Gone which gives (a) a detailed background if that's your thing but also (b) guard rails for the story progression. As to whether Aidan decides on reconciliation or a new beginning, I think I need to leave that open because it's the main theme of the story. Hopefully, you'll enjoy it whichever way it turns out.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

No raac pls. I'll have to stop reading your beautiful stories. I don't care about btb either.

Moving on needs to be a thing .

King_MacAulayKing_MacAulayabout 1 year ago

Wait, so do you know if the OG author is not writing with this character anymore? As in, is what you're writing Canon and part of the OneAgainst universe?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Nice writing and I love the Aussie humour! Look forward to reading more of your work.

oneagainstoneagainstabout 1 year ago

King_MacAulay - yes, it's canon, and Aidan and Rosa will resurface in the main storyline eventually. It's nice to have Aidan go on his own adventure though.

Moonbat74Moonbat74about 1 year ago

Nice progression, and as an Australian myself, Flint, Hardy and Kat ring very true. Feel like I have met there types many times over. Looking forward to the next instalment!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

It's good, a bit long in getting into it.

Buster2UBuster2Uabout 1 year ago

5 stars to the writer. I think he completely caught the emptiness a person feels after the breakup of a spouse that you have been with for a long time. Buried with feelings of emptiness, worthlessness, and lost.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Shiftys editings spoils it's for mes.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Good setup with the background sketched but still fraught with the unknown. The "god of second chances" makes for a great segue into infinite future possibilities both re relationships and life choices.

Well done with the writing and the unfolding story. Keep writing.

MLJ

CrazyDaveTrucker60CrazyDaveTrucker609 months ago

“The god of second chances” would have been a hell of a name for this missive. The MC seems to be trying to be unhappy, like he was punishing himself. For what? So much left unsaid. Perhaps these questions are resolved as the story unfolds. Well written.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Punishing himself

juanviejojuanviejo5 months ago

So far so good...CINCO ESTRELLAS!

woodrangewoodrange12 days ago

Aussies.they do know how to get stuff happening

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSamYork@SamYork
A Place Beyond The Horizon builds to a climax over the next four chapters as they land in Tokyo. If you want a sneak peak of new chapters, I'm publishing on Wattpad first: https://www.wattpad.com/story/334707193-a-place-beyond-the-horizon It was suggested that I try posting o...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES