A Place Beyond The Horizon Ch. 11

Story Info
Aidan struggles with Andrew's plans for Mara.
6.2k words
4.46
3.2k
3

Part 11 of the 17 part series

Updated 06/16/2023
Created 02/10/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
SamYork
SamYork
126 Followers

[Aidan's marriage has been shattered by his wife's cheating. Unable to cope with the thing Rosa did, he boarded a plane and put as much distance between them as possible. From Australia, making new friends in Sydney, to meeting Kat and sharing her bed, he finds himself in Los Angeles as the personal trainer and lover to Mara Fey, Hollywood A-Lister and one of the most famous women on the planet. As he becomes more deeply entangled in Mara's life, Rosa becomes more distant, leaving Aidan more lonely than ever.

The background to Aidan's story can be found in Oxygen Games by oneagainst, continued here with permission.]

---

GAME FACE

Mara is wandering around the place, naked. Her blonde hair is wrapped up tightly in a towel, but other than that, she's nude. Aidan is sitting on a lounger by the plunge pool in Mara's house at the back of Venice Beach in Los Angeles. It's more of a compound, with high walls on all sides and a gate out into the laneway next to the garage. She ambles over to him and plops down onto the foot of the lounger.

"Feeling better?" Aidan asks.

Mara stretches, and Aidan sees how her muscles move beneath her golden skin. She undoes the towel and shakes out her damp hair, smoothing it back with her fingers.

"How do I look?" she asks.

He has one of the most famous women in the world stretched out in front of him, wearing nothing, waiting on his judgement.

"Good."

Mara's nostrils flare and she slaps his foot.

"Amazing," Aidan responds hastily, "You look amazing."

Mara looks down at herself, smiling, tracing fingers over her taut abdomen. He sees that she's shaved herself.

"Is that part of the deal?" he asks, nodding at her crotch.

"No, that's just for me. I think it adds to the aesthetic."

Her fingers brush over the trim curve of her thigh.

"You did a good job, Aidan, considering what I gave you to work with."

She pats him on the leg, casually.

"And don't think I don't appreciate the sacrifices you've made to get me to this. I know you had to make choices."

"Really?"

"Your management accountant, Kat. The lifestyle makes it hard to keep up relationships, always moving around."

It niggles at him, but he tries to dismiss it. In reality, Mara's offer to come home with her had made his choice for him. That dangling thread still nags at him, but it isn't the only one. There is also the thought of Rosa and her new lover.

Sitting by Mara's pool, getting to be part of her life, there is still that dull ache in the back of his head when he thinks about Rosa. She had been unremitting on their last call, unable to yield an inch, and the intransigence still grates on him. Now, she was finding solace after her bastard husband had walked out on her in the arms of Davey. Aidan could imagine how Davey was feeling about that: he would be taking it as a win.

Rosa would too. She could sport him on her arm, showing the world that it was onwards and upwards after being deserted, that she was moving on. Her last couple of posts had shown that, with pictures of her and Davey at a new bar in the city. Of course, it had been opening night, an exclusive invite-only affair. They looked good together on the socials. His wife would know that Aidan would be watching; she would be doing it to spite him, or because she just didn't care.

Despite her capricious nature and the turbulence of her life, at this point Mara was simpler to deal with.

"Such is life," Aidan replies and they both smile: the phrase has become a thing between them, a memento of their secret Outback adventure.

"And you have access to me, if you need it from time to time," Mara continues.

Her blue eyes are sparkling with repressed delight, a smile on her soft lips. She strokes his thigh and then bend forward to place a kiss on his abdomen.

"Of course, I'll need to take it out of your pay," she says, "My hourly rate is considerably higher than yours."

Aidan reaches forward to grab at her wrists, but Mara struggles and writhes, giggling like a kid. She's trying to escape, but he holds her firm, easily overpowering the slender woman. She grimaces in frustration, but then stops wriggling and breaks into a sly grin.

"Let me go," she murmurs.

"Why?" Aidan responds.

"Just, let me go."

Aidan releases her wrists, and she slips her arms out of his grasp. Bending forwards again, her hands cup the growing bulge in his shorts. He can feel her thumbs playing along the ridge of his rapidly-firming shaft; the view of Mara's bare body next to his legs is enticing. He shifts in his seat.

"Is this why you're walking around naked?" Aidan murmurs.

"I just wanted you to see your good work."

She bends down to plant a kiss between his legs. He wriggles, feeling himself swell in reaction to her.

"You ready for your grand entrance scene now?" Aidan asks, but he's not concentrating on her answer.

"Yeah, that and more."

She shifts her body until she's between his legs, looking up at him.

"Like what you see?" she asks, playfully.

His eyes drift from her beautiful face, the wide blue eyes and the soft lips, down her back to the firm curves of her bottom and then down her long, trim legs. She can feel that he's fully erect now in his shorts, her hands crossed lightly over the mound between his legs. He knows that this is what she does, delighting in his attention, in the response she's able to engender in him.

"Yeah," Aidan breathes.

She looks up at him as she kisses his crotch again. There is a soft, innocent expression on her face, a rare honesty. That she's a decade older than him, that there are fine lines at the corners of her eyes, that her body is firm and sculpted rather than full and blossoming: none of this matters. There is something about Mara, something she was born with. It shines out on the screen, and now Aidan is seeing it in front of him, a private viewing of the intangible, alluring nature of this extraordinary woman.

She pulls back abruptly, rolling back onto her knees. She's grinning at him now, pleased with herself.

"Well, we need to maybe take another look at that later on."

"Uh, what?"

"We got lunch."

She gets up, scooping up her discarded towel from the ground. Mara isn't body-conscious. She doesn't cover herself up with it, she just folds it over an arm. Aidan struggles to sit upright, his manhood now rigid in his shorts. She glances down at his crotch.

"Save it for later. We gotta get going."

"Uh, where? Who?"

Mara is already in motion, but she looks back over her shoulder.

"Lunch with Andrew, at his place."

Aidan gets up hurriedly, feeling awkward as he stands there.

"Andrew?" he repeats, "You want to take me to meet him?"

"Sure. It's just lunch."

"But...."

"You'll be fine, Aidan," Mara calls over her shoulder as she enters the house, "It's just lunch."

She leaves him in the little courtyard area, alone. Andrew: she hasn't been clear on whether he was a lover or just an old friend. Then he recalled another snatch of conversation: fucking, Mara had said, not making love.

Why's she inviting him to lunch with Andrew?

---

They take Mara's car. It's an Audi convertible and she puts the top down, tucking her hair under a baseball cap as they drive. She's wearing shades, a t-shirt and jeans, but there's something about how she's wearing the outfit, the car, the casual way she drapes an arm over the steering wheel at the lights, that makes heads turn. She is in her native environment; she looks like a movie star.

Aidan is wearing jeans also, but he's in a button-up shirt that Mara picked out for him. She's acting casual, but he can see there's something beneath. He can't tell if she's apprehensive or excited at the idea of having lunch with Andrew. Aidan is working out a way to broach the subject when Mara begins to speak.

"See? There," she says, pointing in front of them, "It's not very impressive from this far away, is it? Sort of like a metaphor in general."

He follows her finger. She's pointing through the buildings up at the hills behind. He sees the Hollywood sign.

"I see it."

"That's it, baby. You're in Tinseltown for real, now!" she laughs.

"Mara, I've been in Tinseltown for weeks."

"Yeah, but now, actually, physically. How's it feel? Crazy, right? Shit, I remember the first time I saw it. I nearly cried."

"Seriously?"

"Seriously. That sign, I call it the North Star. It's the bright point that people navigate towards from everywhere," Mara continues, "And I mean everywhere. Rio, Tokyo, London... Kansas. The first time you see the sign, that thrill, that feeling of just boundless potential. It's the thing that fuels this place."

"Seems pretty high octane," Aidan observes.

"Oh, babe. It's a crazy place. Imagine social media but played out in the real world. People whose entire life is column inches."

"You mean like you?"

"Yeah. No, I'll own that. It's a fair call. You've seen, right?"

"More than I needed," Aidan replies and she looks across at him and grins.

"Such a hardship I put you through. You get a nice pad, easy job, great location, and you get to fuck a movie star."

It's a throwaway line, and her attention is back on the road before Aidan can respond.

"Where are we going?" Aidan asks instead, diverting the subject, "Where does Andrew live?"

"Up off Mulholland. He's got a place up there."

"And, is there anything I should know about him?"

Mara shoots him a look, and then laughs, replying, "Babe, it's all good."

"Really?"

Mara waits until they're pulled up at the lights. She reaches out and squeezes his leg.

"Why, you concerned?"

"I just would kinda like to understand the relationship."

The lights go green and her hand goes back to the steering wheel.

"Look, it's actually pretty simple. He's in property, he's got a ton of cash and places everywhere. He comes into L.A. and we hook up if I'm in town and want company. Okay?"

"So, uh, he's not your boyfriend?"

Mara laughs at this. "Oh, man, is that what this is about?"

"Kinda."

"That's sweet."

"So, he's not your boyfriend?"

"Babe, no. He's not my boyfriend, okay? He'd like to be, but I made it clear."

"But you hook up."

Mara's smile fades. "Aidan," she says, "Like I said, it's simple."

"Like it is with us?"

Mara doesn't respond, and they drive in silence for a while. They're heading north under a cloudless blue sky, following the road up through houses towards a ridge of hills. Aidan has more questions, but he senses the shift in Mara's demeanour and keeps quiet. Meeting Andrew is going to be awkward enough without having Mara unhappy as well.

Eventually, she pulls off the road in front of a high wooden gate. She leans out and presses a buzzer and the gate slides open to let them through. The house appears to be modest, a single storey, but he's taken aback by the similarity to the place Mara rented in Sydney. There is a grand entranceway and Mara walks up to ring the bell.

They wait for a minute and the door is opened by a girl. She's slim and pretty, willowy and lean like a dancer, with a blonde bob and darting grey eyes. She makes fleeting eye contact with them both and gives Mara a tiny smile.

"Hi Mara," she says.

"Hi Indi, is Andrew home?"

Indi nods in response and beckons them to enter. She doesn't acknowledge Aidan at all.

Like Sydney, this house is also split level, a lobby area leading down a set of stairs to an open-plan living area. As they descend, Aidan is treated to a view out through the folding glass doors, across the outdoor entertaining area with its sparkling blue pool, to Los Angeles sprawling out beyond, sheathed in haze under the midday sun.

There is a square white dining table on the right, and a man is sitting there with a laptop. He's thick set, mid-fifties, blonde hair turning to grey with a tanned, rugged face that speaks of a lifetime of rigorous body maintenance. He's filling out though, jowls heavier, carrying a little extra these days. As Mara descends the stairs, he closes the laptop and gets up.

"Hi Andrew," she says.

"Mara," he calls out, then stops. "Wow, you look absolutely amazing. What have you been doing?"

Mara smiles and does a turn in front of him. "You like? It's the new me."

Andrew crosses the distance between them in long, swift strides, reaching out to cup Mara's elbows as he looks her up and down. He's a full head taller than her, and broad. Mara isn't small, but she seems petite in comparison.

"I do," Andrew confides, "I like it a lot. So, this is what you were hiding out on the other side of the world for."

"I guess."

Andrew leans forward and kisses Mara on the lips. She kisses him back. His attention diverts to Aidan, standing with Indi a few steps behind Mara.

"And you're Aidan. Pleased to meet you."

Andrew approaches him, extending his hand. Aidan shakes it, noting the firm grip. It's not the alpha male handshake he's expecting, and Andrew's greeting seems sincere. He pats Aidan on the shoulder.

"You've done a great job," Andrew tells him.

"Oh, really?" Mara interjects, "Like he's some kind of miracle worker?"

Andrew's grinning at Mara now.

"I didn't say that."

"Sure," Mara continues, "Like Aidan's managed to turn this sack of bones around and whip me into shape."

Andrew shakes his head. "Not miracles. The body looks superb, but he's not been able to change the attitude, I see. Now, that would have been the miracle."

Mara sighs, but she's smiling.

"Good to see you again," Andrew tells her, "Really."

He claps his hands together. "Anyway, hungry? Lunch?"

Mara nods. "Love to."

Andrew slides his hand under her elbow and leads her out onto the terrace. Aidan can see that there's a table set up under a sunshade with cutlery and glasses. A tall carafe of water sparkles. He becomes conscious of Indi standing just behind him.

"I guess we should sit?" Aidan asks.

"Yes," Indi replies, "Take a seat, I'll bring the plates out."

"Do you want a hand?"

"No, I'm okay. You're the guest."

Before he can reply, Indi is making her way into the open-plan kitchen area. Reluctantly, Aidan heads outside to the table, but he's trying to work it all out. The casual intimacy of the kiss, then the flirtatious repartee, the easy way they are sitting together, it all reveals a history between them. He is also unsure about Indi. She's wearing shorts and a crop top, barefoot like a kid, but she's older than that, maybe about Aidan's age or a few years younger. Mara hadn't mentioned her, and Aidan is trying to work out where she fits into the equation; she looks like she's young enough to be Andrew's daughter, but the way her clothes display her modest cleavage and shapely legs tell Aidan that she's not. She's not hired help either.

Aidan sits in the chair next to Mara, facing Andrew across the table. Indi brings plates and a salad bowl, then makes another trip to bring a bottle of wine and a plate of chicken skewers. She sits down next to Andrew and he smiles at her. Indi smiles back, the only glimpse he's seen of her personality since they arrived.

"So, Aidan," Andrew says, "How're you finding your new boss? Not working you too hard?"

As Andrew speaks, he's filling everyone's water glasses. He doesn't look up.

"It's okay," Aidan replies.

"Okay?" squeaks Mara, "Seriously?"

"Yeah, better than okay," Aidan concedes, "She's a good boss."

Aidan has never thought of Mara as his boss, up until this moment. He looks across at Andrew, who smiles back at him.

"I imagine she can be quite demanding," Andrew continues, amiably.

Mara interjects with, "Oh, no. Aidan's demanding. I'm just going along with his orders."

Andrew laughs, "Like I buy that for a second."

Aidan glances across at Indi. She's watching them all, but not joining in. When Andrew laughs, she smiles, but otherwise she remains silent.

"He's been instrumental," Mara continues, "I'm in my best shape ever. Well, since I was twenty."

"Ah, yes. You at twenty," Andrew says, "I believe I have pictures somewhere. Me and half the males in America."

"Only half?"

"Oh, you still have a very high opinion of yourself, don't you?"

Aidan finds himself watching from the sidelines, like Indi, as Andrew and Mara banter. Indi begins to dish out the salad onto plates, serving everyone.

"This looks good," Aidan tells her, but Indi doesn't reply, her eyes remaining fixed on the table as she serves.

Aidan finds himself listening to the conversation, feigning interest, showing amusement at the funny parts, as Andrew brings them up to speed on the latest happenings in his life. He leans across, touching Mara on the forearm, laughing. Aidan isn't following the conversation anymore, instead he's watching Mara's body language as Andrew chats to her. She nods, smiling at him, pausing to munch on her greens, interjecting with a comment of her own, seemingly oblivious to the two other people at the table. After a while, Aidan turns to Indi.

"Nice place," he says.

Indi nods.

"Been here long?"

"Yes," she replies, "But we're not here all the time."

"You got other places?"

"Yes, we tend to move around."

Indi glances over to Andrew, but he's deep in conversation with Mara.

"We just got in from New York last week," Indi volunteers, "Andrew has an apartment on the lower east side."

"That's how we met," Andrew says, looking directly at Aidan, then at Indi, "Isn't it?"

Indi merely nods, as Andrew continues. "I was looking to close on a place in Manhattan, and the offer came up. I asked the owner to sweeten the deal, give me it furnished. Indi just came with the furniture."

Indi smiles shyly.

"I got a couple places elsewhere. Aspen. Little place in London. Looking at a deal in Tokyo at the moment, but it's commercial, not residential."

Andrew turns to Mara.

"In fact, I'm gonna be there in a week or so. I guess you're there too, on the shoot?"

"Thursday we fly out," Mara replies, "Gives me the weekend and then we start filming on Monday."

"Sounds exciting."

"It is. It really is. I'm looking forward to it."

Andrew looks around the table, smiling. "Hey, whaddya say to an idea? What about if I book out some rooms. There's a great hotel I know, nice and central. You can get sake at four o'clock in the morning, and it's the good stuff."

"Really, I...," Mara replies.

"Stay on my dime. I get a great rate."

Andrew points at Aidan.

"All of us. It'll be fun."

Mara shakes her head. "That's what I'm afraid of. I'll be working."

Andrew holds up his hands. "I'm not saying we party every night. I gotta work too. But I guess it would be good, since we're all in the same city at the same time, not knowing anyone else."

Mara looks across at Aidan. She shrugs. "I guess."

"There you go. I'll get it set up."

Andrew is grinning now, and Mara begins to smile.

"You're full of shit," she tells him, "But I'm serious. I need to work."

"Fine, okay. I get it. Work. Then, when you're done, we can sample the delights of Tokyo. How long is your shoot, anyway?"

"Couple weeks."

"Timing's perfect." Andrew replies, leaning back in his chair.

Mara doesn't reply. Her eyes flick from Andrew to Aidan. Indi doesn't offer an opinion at all.

After lunch, Andrew talks them into taking a dip in the pool. Mara demurs, citing lack of swimsuit, but Andrew gets Indi to fish out something for Aidan. Indi slips into a bikini and the three of them go for a swim while Mara watches them from a sun lounger.

Andrew seems friendly, Indi less so. Aidan has formed the opinion that they're in a relationship, but he can't quite work it out. Andrew is hitting on Mara, but that doesn't seem to be bothering Indi. It's bothering Aidan though, and he can't work out why. It's not like Mara is his girlfriend. Really, they barely have a relationship at all, beyond the times that a switch seems to flick in her head and then they have sex. It is sex, Aidan concedes, it's not making love: when Mara comes on to him, it's about satisfying a need rather than establishing a connection. It's a world away from what he had with Rosa, or even Kat. No, this is a grown-up relationship, with hard boundaries and rules of engagement.

SamYork
SamYork
126 Followers
12