A Pokemon Journey to Remember Ch. 02

Story Info
Rae makes a new friend on her way back home.
2.8k words
4.33
2k
7
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Raelana
Raelana
14 Followers

Letting out a yawn as the young blonde began to wake, Rae would momentarily be surprised at feeling a small warm fur covered body nestled against her. But then the memories of the day before resurfaced as she remembered that she now had a shinx. He was a cute little pokemon and couldn't wait to see what sort of adventures they'd have. Now that she had him by her side, she'd be able to go on her own journey and leave home at least to go exploring.

She would reach out to gently run her fingers through his fur, taking in the sight of him. One thing she noticed again, was the little scar across his muzzle and wondered how he'd gotten it. She'd lean over and give the top of his head a little kiss, being careful so he could continue to sleep while she started to get up. With how adorable he was, it was hard to believe what he'd started the night before. Had it even happened, or was it some sort of crazy dream?

As she started to shift into a sitting position and pull her bag to her, she'd be aware of Ace letting out a little mewl as he started to stir and wake up himself. She'd smile at the sound and begin to pull out the little bit of food she had left that they could have for breakfast. Again, she'd split it so that half could go to Ace, and the rest for her. However, just as she was about to dig in, she could hear the sound of faint voices.

The voices were familiar and filled her with dread. She quickly got up and grabbed the shorts she had tucked away in her bag and slipped them on so that she'd be covered at least decently and wouldn't risk her secret from being revealed. Once the shorts were on, she'd begin to pack up her things while Ace was able to eat his breakfast. His pokeball would be stashed into a side pocket of the bag before she started to roll up the sleeping bag once more.

With everything taken care of within a few short minutes, she'd sit next to Ace once more, finishing her own breakfast as she listened to the voices. She could just make out that they were sent searching for her. She groaned a bit, figuring her mom had decided to get others in the town to look for her. She was eighteen and could handle herself just fine. Why did her mom insist on smothering her so much?

She was brought out of her thoughts when she felt her shinx pressing against her ankle and looking up at her. She smiled as she glanced down.

"Looks like I've got people searching for me," she told him, "Guess it's time we head back to town."

Making sure the fire really was out one last time, the two would finally start to head for the road. They'd barely start walking down it when they would hear the sound of someone running towards them.

"Hey-Hey! You, did you get lost out here in the woods?"

Rae would glance back, seeing a guy she recognized as Cypris, jogging towards her. His dark violet hair, nearly black in color, a mess with goggles sitting atop his head and dressed in the standard outfit he'd be spotted in, of a sweater and jeans. Sighing, Rae would pause and let him catch up. She didn't want to, but it wasn't like she was ready to run away.

The thing about Cypris, was that he was the most famous guy in town besides his father. His dad was the gym leader, and Cypris had been in training to take over that role one day. So of course everyone always wanted to hang out with him. Rae herself had only passing interactions with him, non worth remembering. He probably wouldn't even remember her. While he was at the top of the social circle, she was at the opposite end. She was pretty much an outcast where there were constant rumors going around about her. She was actively shunned and made fun of. Cypris had never been mean to her, but neither had they ever really spoken either. Besides, his girlfriend was the one that liked to look down on her the most.

"No, I didn't get lost. Just helped out a pokemon in need is all. What are you doing out here? A bit surprising to see you without a swarm of people around you for once," Rae commented as he managed to catch up to her.

"Oh...Oh that's awesome! Is this the little guy right here?" he asked excitedly.

Rae watched with a raised brow as he crouched down in front of her and reached out to Ace. Before he could really touch the shinx, it would let out a decent shock, knocking the boy back onto his rear, hair a little frizzled. Bright violet eyes staring in shock before glancing up to Rae who was stiffling a laugh at seeing the popular guy knocked onto his butt.

"That was on me, I shouldn't have done that," he mumbled, rubbing the back of his head.

Ace circled Rae's legs as Cypris rose to feet once more and dusted himself off.

"Well, word got to my mom that you were really bummed about not seeing the professor," he said, starting to answer her previous question, "Arine's mom overheard your mom talking about you running out into the forest, so mine uh...made us all come out to find you. N-NOT that we wouldn't or shouldn't have! Uh, your mom was worried, we should probably get back-...I'm Cypris by the way. What's your name?"

Rae couldn't help smiling in amusement as his words devolved into him stumbling over himself before he finally finished with introducing himself and sticking out a hand to shake hers.

"I'm Rae. And I was just heading back actually. And things turned out alright in the end. Kind of good that I missed the professor. If I hadn't, I wouldn't have been able to help out Ace here and have him as my new partner," she'd respond as she reached out and shook his hand. "Anyway, like I said, I'm heading back. Are you coming too?"

She'd turn to start walking, wondering if he'd walk with her or wait for his friends. She didn't care either way, but she wasn't about to wait for the others.

"Rae. Gotchya. We...haven't met, right? I feel like I'd remember you," he mentioned, tilting his head a bit, before glancing back at the woods momentarily, seeming to think for a moment before continuing, "Yeah, I'd love to head back. I should probably call Trev and Arine, but honestly...they're kind of asses. Pardon."

"Not officially, but in passing, a few times. You were usually busy with others so it makes sense you wouldn't remember," she replied with a shrug.

It was a bit surprising at his comment about the other two, but didn't feel like questioning it. She continued to walk, now having Cypris join her as they walked towards home, Ace walking on her other side, quite happy to be next his new trainer.

"So, a shinx, huh? That's really cool. He seems to love you already, no wonder since you saved it. Your mom will be happy I bet. She seems nice enough," he commented as he glanced over.

"Yeah, she's great. But now I have a pokemon, so I'm going to be leaving as soon as I can. Lots more of the world to see and it's not like there's anything holding me here now," she honestly couldn't wait to be rid of the town and all the mean girls and rumor mill that loved to throw her under at every turn, "If you want to wait for your friends, you can. I know my way back."

Cypris went from glancing down at his feet a bit, to his face snapping up as his features took on a more stern appearance, much to Rae's surprise.

"They're not my friends. I just have to hang out with them because Arine is a really strong trainer and I'm...my dad wants me to be the next gym leader here," he sighed, moving up a bit closer.

Rae was a bit surprised to hear of his reasoning for hanging out with the two. Or rather, Arine. She knew they were a bit of a couple from the little things she'd heard, but was surprised to hear him speak of the situation the way he was. Maybe she'd gotten it wrong?

"So you're really just going to leave? I mean, no offense, but you did just get your first pokemon...on accident right? I-" he stopped, cutting himself off before smirking and glancing away a bit, "I guess I'm just a bit jealous. I would love to see the world, get of this town..."

At her feet, Ace seemed to scoff and roll his eyes a bit at that. It was known that pokemon could understand humans rather well, though more research was being done into that. And it seemed he had his own opinions about what Cypris had to say.

"Well, there's nothing here for me. Except all the constant rumors and being alone. So ya, going out into the world is far better than sticking around," she replied, wondering absentmindedly what new rumor would follow her disappearance, "But why would you want to leave? So your dad wants you to be the next gym leader. What's so bad about that? You'll have people around that like you, even your own fans. You'll still meet people from around the world when they stop by to challenge you. Sounds like a pretty nice life.

"Being a gym leader...isn't what I want to do with pokemon. It's so callous. They tell you it's not, it's about 'loving your pokemon' and what they tell the kids, but that's only for the ones lucky enough to have strong pokemon, and are smart enough to use them," he muttered, pulling one of the pokeballs from the side of his belt as he glanced it over.

Rae remained silent, never having heard someone speak quite like that about pokemon battles. But she supposed he would be see a different side to it than her considering his position.

"The gym leaders have so many different pokemon. They switch them up depending on who walks in the door. My dad's strongest? He made some breeder make the best steelix possible, and all it knows how to do is fight. Rigorous training, scolding, being the best, whatever it takes. They're the pokemon he raised, not the first one he found, or saved...My dad never cared about steel types, he just cares that they're strong. Haven't you ever wondered...what happened to all th eonixes the breeders used to make his perfect steelix?" with that, he let out a sigh.

She glanced over to see him clenching the ball in his hand before letting out a breath and placing it back in it's spot on his belt. He gave his head a small shake before throwing on a small smile as he glanced away.

"Uh, if you meet him. Don't tell him I said any of that. He'll kick my ass. Sorry for making it about me, kind of a spongy sob-story, huh?" he said, glancing back over at her.

After listening to everything Cypris had to say, Rae was rather surprised how brutal being a gym leader really seemed to be. Not to mention how rough it seemed to be on the pokemon. Why would anyone treat them that way? She couldn't help glancing down at Ace, not imagining ever being able to put him through training like that. Cypris' words certainly had her head spinning as she started to see some things a little differently. Including his life, which she'd always thought looked practically perfect. But maybe, they were so different at the core of it after all.

"Don't worry, your secret's safe with me," she assured him, offering a bit of a smile in return, "I honestly had no idea that gym leaders treated their pokemon that way. It's so brutal. Almost like they don't see them as living creatures."

Were all gym leaders this way? Surely not. There had to be some good ones out there. If there weren't, then the world was much darker than she'd ever thought it was. She'd continuing toying with different thoughts before glancing back over to him.

"You know, you're not half bad. I thought you'd be way worse. More like the other two you came out here with, since you're usually with them," she commented. Funny how a conversation could change a persons view point of someone else.

"Heh, I'd hate to be mistaken for one of them. They're brats. I've heard what they say about you...just downright mean. None of it's even true, I mean you're really-" again he cut himself off before giving her a bit of a smirk along with a light dusting of red on his cheeks, "Well, Arine can't say anything about your looks, is what I'm trying to say."

She felt her own face getting slightly red at that comment, along with being a little lost for words. She wasn't used to anyone saying anything like that to her, let alone from a boy.

"And honestly, even though she touts herself as the best in town, and I don't get into fights much...I could kick her rear if I needed too," he scoffed, before his face went redder and he scrambled to make himself a little more clear, "I-in a pokemon battle I mean!"

"Well, you are a gym leaders son. It'd make sense you'd be able to do that," she replied.

The two fell into a bit a silence that wasn't exactly uncomfortable, though it wasn't entirely without a slight awkward feel to it. Rae, for the most part, grew preoccupied with her thoughts as one crossed her mind that she wasn't sure think about. She'd continue to toss the idea around in her head as they walked, until they approached one of the largest oak trees near their town. Just over the hill they'd be able to see their home.

Before they could full go over the hill and be potentially spotted, she would stop and turn to Cypris, having made up her mind. She wasn't sure about it, but she spit it out before she had a chance to back out of it.

"Want to go exploring the world with me? If you don't want to be here either, why not get out? There's so much more out there than what this little place has to offer. It'd be a good way to get out from under your dads shadow for a while and be your own person," she would pause for a moment to let her words sink in before continuing, "I'm going to be leaving first thing tomorrow morning. If you want to join me, meet me here at the oak tree as the sun starts to rise. If you don't show up, I'll just go on my own."

Not surprisingly, her offer seemed to stun Cypris. He'd frozen in his steps and was left staring at her in surprise, not seeming to know what to say.

"Anyway, think on it. We better split up here. Coming home with a shinx is going to cause enough gossip, dn't need more by showing up with you. And if you do decide to stay, I don't want my last interaction around here, cause you issues with rumors just because you were seen with me."

She didn't really wait for a response as she turned to the right and started to jog off with Ace at her side. She knew of a bit of a side route to get to her home and wanted to avoid the public as much as she could. It wasn't that she was antisocial, but rather everyone looked down on her. So she'd rather not deal with their snide remarks or unwanted comments. Going straight home would be the best.

Once home, she would also spend her time prepping for the trip. She would introduce her mom to Ace, but didn't tell her of her plans to leave. Her mom, while meaning well, didn't want Rae to head out alone. Losing her dad years ago had left her mom holding on a bit too tight to Rae. So instead, she would prep things and just say they were meant for her time being spent getting to know Ace better. It wasn't entirely a lie, but certainly didn't reveal the whole truth of her plans.

- - - - - - - -

A little introduction to a new friend.

More fun moments to come in the next chapter involving some new pokemon so stay tuned for more to come :)

Raelana
Raelana
14 Followers