Gaming vs. Femboy Ch. 01

Story Info
A new immersive game with too many gender options.
14.8k words
4.77
28.8k
139

Part 1 of the 7 part series

Updated 04/12/2024
Created 09/13/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Xarth
Xarth
14,732 Followers

Author's Note: This series is me messing with the fantasy sexcapade/trapped in a game genre, along with of course gender bending shenanigans because that's kind of my jam. I didn't set out with the goal of telling some kind of complete story in this case so much as just wanted to see what it felt like to write in a different kind of genre, so fair warning what you're mostly getting is a short series of semi-connected adventures. I hope to add future chapters beyond the five I've written so far, but I make no promises.

Also all characters are over eighteen as per internet regulations.

****

"I think I'm going to try out that game you're always talking about," Cassian said.

Scarlett, his best friend and roommate, looked up at him and grinned. "Magic Quest? That'd be awesome. My regular group has actually been down a person lately, so we could use someone new. Plus it'd be fun finally playing with you." She cocked her head. "I mentioned about the equipment you need, didn't I?"

Cassian nodded. "Yeah, I've been looking into it. It's kind of expensive, but I've got a bunch of time off work coming up, so I'll need something to do. And I can pretend I'm just, like, buying myself an early Christmas present or something."

"Hehe, alright. I dig it. You want any help buying stuff?"

"I could use a little, actually. It looks like there's a bunch of different options and stuff."

Scarlett eagerly scooted closer to Cassian and peered over his shoulder at the screen of his laptop. "There definitely are. You should definitely spend enough to get the true experience. It's been so worth it for me. Some of the new magitech they've come out with lately is so insane."

"That's part of what I'm looking forward to," Cassian admitted. "And, uh, I've kind of been reading that you can use the equipment for other purposes too. So like...."

"Haha, you mean porn and stuff?"

"... maybe."

"Well, you can. But you probably won't need that as much as you think."

Cassian frowned. "Why is that?"

Scarlett smiled enigmatically at her bestie. "You'll see."

****

"This is... this is all safe, right?" Cassian asked.

"Of course," Scarlett said, rolling her eyes. "You already paid for it. Don't wuss out now."

"Just saying, some of it looks... odd. And dangerous."

"It's perfectly ordinary magitech."

"Even the runes that glow with no apparent power source?"

"... ok, so some of it's not perfectly ordinary stuff. They've made improvements at incorporating magic into the hardware, I guess. Even my rig doesn't have that much glow."

"And you're sure it's ok?" Cassian repeated, poking at some of the scarier pieces of his new gaming setup.

"It'll be fine. Trust me. I'll be right here while you start it up in case you need anything."

Cassian took a deep breath, squared his shoulders, then started putting on the gloves, monitors, and headset required to play Magic Quest. At Scarlett's recommendation, he lay down safely in bed before activating the VR features. He experienced a moment of disorientation as his senses of the real world were replaced with input from a virtual world.

"Whoa," Cassian said, turning his head every which way. Or at least, he thought that's what he was doing. Supposedly he wouldn't actually move much in the real world, he'd just think that he was.

There wasn't a tremendous amount to look at just at the moment. He had entered in to the equivalent of a menu screen, with various options hovering in front of him. The view around him was unlike anything he'd seen before, though, and he took several minutes just to stare around him at the incredibly lifelike terrain and natural ambience.

Not totally realistic, though. In some ways... more vibrant than reality. More stylized. But still created such that he could believe he was standing in the real outdoors somewhere.

"Can you hear me?"

Cassian jerked around, but there was no one in sight.

"Cass?"

Cassian breathed a belated sigh of relief. "Scarlett?"

"Yeah, it's me. I'm connected too. I added you as a friend, just by the way."

"Oh, right. Um... where do I... hang on, I think I've got it."

Cassian took a moment to figure out the menu options he'd seen upon first booting up. They were fairly intuitive, as it seemed the intent to select one was registered by the game just as strongly as actually making physical contact. It'd be a bit of a learning curve, but he'd get there.

Cassian accepted Scarlett's friend request, and shortly after her face popped up in the corner of his field of view. Or rather... it was similar to her face, but like someone had morphed it for an art project.

"Scarlett?" Cassian asked, frowning slightly.

"Ah, there you are," Scarlett said. "Adapting ok so far? Don't feel motion sick or anything, do you?"

"No. No I'm good. You're green, though."

"Haha, right. That's my character showing up in your hud, not my real face. You still basically look like you, but you'll be able to change that when you make your character."

Cassian nodded understanding. "Ah. So you're... like an orc?"

"Yeah." Scarlett grinned, her teeth looking far more fearsome and tuskish than usual. "Just wait until we can meet in game."

"Cool. How do I do that?"

"Well you gotta, you know, build a character and go through a tutorial first. I can hang out in chat with you, but I can't actually be with you right now."

Cassian looked back at his menu options, feeling more excited to get going. "Ok, I'm getting a feel for this. Just like any other game, but with fancier graphics."

"I mean... in a simplified sense that's about right."

Getting into the character creator was easy enough once Cassian started looking for it. Rather cunningly, he thought, the game immediately presented him with several reflections of himself, which gave him feedback on what any given physical changes would look like.

"Oh this is cool," Cassian said. "I can see what I look like as a bunch of different races. Hm... elf, dwarf, halfling, all classics. Feline, avian, sure. Ooh, draconic, nice."

"Haha, yeah. There's a lot of options," Scarlett said.

"Hm, and... they all have different bonuses? Oh god, too many choices."

"Yeah, honestly I'd probably just pick something you like the look of. The bonuses are fine if you know exactly what you want, but they aren't necessary."

"That's... probably what I'm gonna have to do. I am not sitting and looking at all of these stats right now." Cassian hummed as he flipped through more choices. "Is it... is it too boring to just stick with human?"

"Go with what feels right."

"Sure. And... is the character always gonna look like me?"

"That's the default. You can change basically everything appearance-wise if you want. I left myself mostly intact."

"Ooh, haha, me as a girl," Cassian laughed. "That's weird. I'm kind of pretty, but it's also a little... uncanny valley, I guess. Oh, but I can... yeah, ok, more gender options. I can make myself still a boy, but cuter, I kind of like that."

Scarlett nodded in the upper left of his vision. "Cool. Hey, I'ma hit a quick quest while you're busy. Seems like you might be a while."

Cassian quickly shook his head and skipped over a few options. "Nah, I'm not gonna worry about it. Just got caught up in how neat this is. I assume this is a game that's easy enough to change stuff later if I need to."

"There are options. You headed to the tutorial?"

"Um... I think so. I didn't pick a class or anything though. Unless I accidentally skipped it."

"No, the game... well it's a little more organic about that," Scarlett said. "You can kind of commit to certain roles and classes as you play, but... I don't know, it's kind of free-form too. Play the tutorial, it'll explain some things."

Cassian nodded and squared his shoulders. He was already finding his movement to be a little... off. Like his body wasn't quite the right size and shape anymore. Which kind of made sense, since he'd modified it a bit.

There was a doorway in front of him, and he walked through it. Inside appeared to be a sort of medieval training room of sorts, complete with open fighting rings, weapon racks, climbing walls, and locked jail cells at one end, for some reason. There were more things scattered about, some of which weren't immediately obvious what they were for.

Cassian waited a moment to see if a tutorial would present itself, but nothing immediately happened. He shrugged and walked toward the weapons, since they seemed like something he wanted to play with.

"Welcome to Magic Quest!"

Cassian jumped back and dropped the sword he'd reached for. A smiling, friendly looking elf was suddenly far too close for comfort, and he had no idea where they'd come from. Then again, despite the realism so far, it was still a game and things could literally just appear from nothing.

"Uh... hi," Cassian tried.

"Would you like to start with combat training?"

"Sure. Yeah, yeah let's do weapons."

The elf continued smiling. It was a tiny little bit unnerving.

"Select any weapon you like," the elf said. "You may find many different kinds in Magic Quest, and are free to use any of them. You may find you have preferences, and that the more experience and skills you gain with different types, the better your character will perform."

A list flashed in the corner of Cassian's vision. A list of his skill with various weapons, Cassian gathered, which presumably he could pull up on his hud whenever he wanted. He'd have to figure out how to do that. Eventually.

"My weapons skills are all at zero," Cassian said out loud.

"Ah, you're at weapons training," Scarlett said.

She'd seemed a little preoccupied, though her image still showed in the corner of his vision.

"Yeah," Cassian said. "Does it matter what weapon I pick?"

"Not really. It's just to get a feel for them. You can run through all of them if you want."

"Enh, probably won't go that far. I want to get to the real game."

Cassian hefted a sword. It felt heavier than he'd expected it to, but maybe that was just because his character was new and not that strong yet. Experimentally, he tried to pull up his stats, and once he figured out how, he noted that his physical traits did all seem to be fairly low.

"Here is an opponent," the elf said, gesturing to a fighting ring. A stationary goblin appeared where they'd indicated. "You may select whether the opponent will fight back, as well as what level of violence you'd like to see."

Cassian wandered over. "Neat. And, uh, how do I attack and stuff?"

"You merely have to swing your weapon."

"Oh."

Cassian essayed a swing of his chosen sword. It thwacked against the goblin rather satisfactorily, and a red '-10' floated upward briefly before fading away.

"Alright, alright."

He swung a few more times, and more numbers floated away after each hit. Blows to the head and other vulnerable areas did seem to have more of an impact, as far as he could tell.

Experimentally, Cassian looked for the options, as the tutorial instructor had indicated. Upon turning the violence slider up, nasty slashes started appearing instead of just numbers, and in fact it seemed the numbers could be turned off entirely too.

"Ok, I like the customization so far," Cassian murmured. "If I keep doing this long enough, do I get to be a swords expert or something?"

"You will learn skills along your journey," the elf said. "Here is what it might feel like if you master your weapon."

Cassian's weapon skills appeared before him, this time with everything cranked all the way up. As he tried another swing, he found the sword moving effortlessly in his hands, and in fact cleaved the goblin in twain without the slightest real effort on his part.

"Oh my god! That was so cool! Can I do it again?"

Cassian slew some more goblins, and even moved on to bigger creatures, each time vanquishing them without any effort at all. He really only moved on because, again, he wasn't at the game proper yet, and he was starting to get antsy.

It was fun, though. And he got in some actual combat training after that, where his opponent fought back and everything. Apparently he could modify how much he felt any blow that landed on him, from nothing at all, up to realistic but dampened pain.

"Why would I want to get hurt every time though?" Cassian mused aloud.

"'Cause if you can't feel anything, it's harder to keep track of how much you're getting hit in fights," Scarlett answered, even though he hadn't meant to actually ask her. "I usually keep mine on just high enough that I'm aware, but not bad enough to really hurt that much."

"Oh, ok. I'll try that. It's really not overly painful at low settings or anything."

After a little more training, Cassian wandered over to some other tutorials. There were athletic options, where again character skills would do some things for him naturally that he wouldn't be able to on his own. For instance he could train to climb or jump over obstacles that in reality he would never make it over.

There were options for lockpicking, hence the locked cells in the room. Ranged combat training, potion crafting and usage, spells, riding mounts, diplomacy, buying and selling, and several more things.

A lot of it was just a different form of game mechanics Cassian was already familiar with. He started skipping over a lot of it, eager to get to the end.

"Do you wish to proceed?" the tutorial elf asked.

"Uh, yeah, sure, let's do this," Cassian said, halfway confident.

"Very well. Through that door will be a small test of your skills. Please return if you need any further help."

Cassian considered a moment, then shrugged, squared his shoulders, and headed through the doorway. On the other side, he found a dimly lit corridor, with guttering torches and everything. He walked forward. About halfway along, a message box popped up in front of him.

"Watch out for traps," Cassian read aloud. "Traps?"

Looking down, he realized there was, in fact, a very obvious rope stretched across the hallway. He hadn't even noticed it.

"Well alright," he said. "Let's, uh, step over it?"

Cautiously, he stepped past the obstacle, waited a moment, then determined he was fine to keep moving. A little further on, now that he was looking, he noted an axe set up to fall on his head if he wasn't cautious. He again evaded the trap.

After that was a sneaking section, with various guards wandering around a predictable route. Thanks to past experience, he conquered the section swiftly.

"This gameplay feels really good though," Cassian said. "So smooth."

"Good, isn't it?" Scarlett said. "Almost done?"

"I think so. I, uh, just have to steal a weapon from this one lone guard, and... rescue a princess I guess."

Scarlett grinned broadly. "Yeah, you do that."

"Why are you smiling like that?"

"No reason."

Cassian shrugged and crept forward, sliding the oblivious guard's sword from it's sheath, then running him through before he'd even noticed he was under attack.

"So far so good."

The next door was locked. Cassian tried picking the lock a few times, then realized the guard had keys on him. While he was at it, Cassian also pilfered a few coins he found too.

Upon opening the door, he rather bizarrely found a sumptuously decorated and really quite cozy bedroom. His eyes traveled all across the room before belatedly fixing on the bed and its occupant, who was just now stirring awake.

"Ah! My rescuer! My hero!"

Cassian tilted his head. "Me?"

"You're here to free me!"

The figure in the bed became a princess, complete with unrumpled dress and hair, despite having just ostensibly been asleep. She had a tiara and everything.

"Um... maybe," Cassian said. "I might have skipped some of the mission brief. Should we... escape or something? We'd need a different hallway from the one I just came in."

"Of course, my hero. But first... surely I must reward you."

"Oh, cool. Yeah. Like a magic sword or something?"

The princess giggled and took Cassian's hands, leading him back toward her bed. "No, silly. Where would I have hidden a magic sword?"

"Um...."

"Ooh, you at the princess?" Scarlett asked, deciding then to chime in.

"Yeah, at the princess," Cassian said. "Um... is she...."

"Mmhm. She gets enthusiastic about rewards. It's kind of an infamous moment for players."

"But, like...."

"I did mention about this game being... special." Scarlett laughed. "I may not have specifically mentioned a few things."

"But... sex?"

"Mmhm!"

"I must reward you," the princess purred. "For saving me."

She was shedding her outer layer now, though in strict accordance with fancy royal outfits, there seemed to be an awful lot of clothing underneath her dress.

Cassian considered it for a moment, then gave up. "Welp, seems weird, but if everyone else did it...." He started pulling off the outfit the game had given him. "And I mean, I did kind of wonder about the porn potential of this kind of magitech rig anyway."

"Should I leave you two alone?" Scarlett asked, still chuckling to herself.

"Probably best, yes," Cassian said. "Um... how do I close that little box thingy?"

Scarlett waved goodbye, then her portrait winked out. That took care of that.

"You're definitely just a bot, right?" Cassian asked as an afterthought. "Like not a real person or anything? Only if you are, I think I'd feel weird about this." He paused. "Maybe it's weird either way. Oh well. Thinking about it isn't going to help anything."

The princess also seemed to hesitate a moment, then beamed her princessy smile again. "Do you not want your rewa--"

"Yes, reward. Got it. Let's do it. Just checking."

The princess, down a few layers of clothing, and looking surprisingly hot in underwear that could only be described as 'full body coverage', moved toward Cassian and pressed herself up against him.

Cassian moaned quietly. She certainly felt real. She was warm and soft, and looking at him with such desire. Some team working on this had done stellar work, in his opinion.

"Can I... kiss you?" he mumbled.

"Of course," she breathed.

She closed her eyes and stuck her chin out a little. Cassian belatedly realized that she must have been taller than he thought, as she was at least his height. Princesses should traditionally be a little shorter than their rescuing hero, he thought, but honestly he didn't mind it this way.

Her lips were perfect. They even tasted good. Slightly of cherries, perhaps. And she was still pressed up against him, soft, supple, and willing.

"Fuck, I'm so hard," he whispered to himself.

Cassian was a little stuck on what to do next. He'd never had an encounter with a perfect stranger before. Or whatever the princess counted as. He kept kissing her, and found that she responded favourably to anything he did, including attempting some tongue. She seemed equally happy to have him grope her ass while they made out.

"Alright," he said out loud, getting more comfortable with the situation. "So... I can like, ask you for stuff, right?"

"Of course," the princess said in her seductive voice. "What would you like to do to me?"

"Unf. Goddamn that's kind of hot. I mean, fucked up, I know. Like this whole concept of a woman who only exists to please me. But also you aren't real, so it's not really....

Cassian trailed off. The princess was watching him with polite but confused eyes.

"Um... what I meant was... how do you feel about blowjobs?" Cassian asked.

The princess beamed. "I love them!"

"Of course you do. Let's try it out then."

Cassian dropped his pants, letting his cock free. It had been too constrained, though not actually in a painful way. More kind of like the mock-combat, where pain registered, but not nearly on a level that it would in reality.

Xarth
Xarth
14,732 Followers