All Comments on 'A Promise Made, A Vow Broken'

by Hooked1957

Sort by:
  • 718 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
You

This shit does not happen in real life. I love my daughter still to this day, when she cucked her ex husband sure I love the guy but I am not or my kids turbed on her. You old divorced guys write some of the worst male estrogen shit I have read in lw.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 5 years ago
5*****, but not because I like the wife

Some people understand that marriage is a meeting of the hearts and others just have a meeting of the genitals. His sacrifice to stay with the kids was impressive. It was a great story and I was happy for him when he got his freedom. Well told!

hotpussiehotpussieabout 5 years ago

excellent read 5 stars for this one

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
5-Stars OLD_CROW

Hooked1957,

Another very good story. Thank You.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958about 5 years ago
Thanks for the story

You are one prolific writer! Randi.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago

Normally I give the author leeway in the construction of his characters and situations, but no way does the husband just sit and listen. I couldn’t respect the character after that.

silentsoundsilentsoundabout 5 years ago
Meh.

Liked the read but felt very mediocre about this one.

Traci was an idiot slut and the lothario apparently just did what he wanted without anyone ever standing up to him so you have to crappy human beings who don't really get repercussions for their vile behavior until Traci finally gets an amicable divorce. Big whoop.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
This is what I call a story

He did it right,after she humiliated him , stuck it out for the kids and still banged the bitch. A divorce would at that time would have cleaned him out and he suffer for years going forward. This way he gets a clean break and they just split everything down the middle. She doesn’t know the meaning of commitment and love. It works both ways if the male cheats with a female.

MusicGuy4FunMusicGuy4Funabout 5 years ago
Not very new

This story was well written; good language and structure.

However, it did not add anything to the wife stepping out cliché.

The characters did not really grow:

- He stayed the same obstinate person and just did what he said he would do.

- She did not learn anything. She did not seem to notice that she lost his love I was only getting fucked.

- The bad guy did not get what he deserved.

Xzy89c1Xzy89c1about 5 years ago
Loved it

Counted his days to revenge.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 5 years ago
Sooooo

what about Jackson?

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 5 years ago
Fair

Seems like a low-grade version of Richard Gerald's "The Bridge." I would have kicked down the bedroom door and slugged Aloysius! Or at least driven off and left her there.

She actually LIKES his hate-fucking?

AMY and friends walked into the restaurant, but it's Angelique he hooks up with?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago

This has been done before by other writers and in my opinion, done much better. They go away for a weekend with group, the wife tells the hubby she will be fucking another with everyone knowing and he's just to accept it. Been done many times, nothing new here.

saddletramp1956saddletramp1956about 5 years ago
Enjoyed this a bunch

Thanks. 5*

PowersworderPowersworderabout 5 years ago

Although this was well written, I can't imagine wasting 6 years of my life with a vile disrespectful cunt like that. Dropping the divorce hammer on her and humiliating her was great, but he should have spent those last 6 years preparing for it so he could leave her penniless.

But more importantly, what about some payback on the asshole lover? He fucked Traci, totally humiliated the husband and suffered no consequences whatsoever. He needed to be castrated for doing that kind of evil shit.

meganann10meganann10about 5 years ago

I agree what about Jackson this is a story and he gets off scott free REALLY that just makes the husband look more like a wimp that part is disturbing cant give the author a good review on letting a man get away that screws other men's wives

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
If she had really thought he would divorce her, she wouldn't have cheated.

Somehow she knew, and used his virtue and his love for his children against him. And of course, his passivity and thoughtfulness. If he were more reckless and unpredictable she might not have married him, but she definitely would not have cheated on him. If your wife Really thinks you would kill her and her lover, you'll never have to prove her right. Women are sometime faithless, but almost never suicidal.

So he got what he could maneuver, and she got a stay of execution. It was apparent that he gave her the best sex of her life After she fucked Jackson, making it appear to her that it was actually a good thing at the time, plus paying delayed benefits in her continued faux marriage. So she threatened to cheat if he didn't start fucking her again? Then what made him think she wasn't getting it on the side already? His PI? Spare me. The PI money he should have been squirreling away pending the future planed divorce.

I know it wouldn't have fit your intended plot, but your story does beg the question, what if she really regretted her adultery, and tried to make it up to him? You never implied that happened. But if she continued to be a selfish cruel slut, why didn't she continue to use her proven dominance to occasionally get some strange? After six years it is very hard to believe the marriage didn't continually evolve, either for the better or the worse. If for the worse, as implied by the divorce action, she shouldn't have been surprised. So that part of the plot was weak.

And I have to say it. Letting Jackson get away with it is like failing to deal with a rapist, or a child molester. The husband now shares some blame for future marriages Jackson ruins, husbands he humiliates, wives he turns into whores. There would have been so many men with a motive that the police would have several suspects to investigate. Accidents happen all the time out on a large lake, especially when you mix alcohol and boats. I think it would of been worth the effort. But then my wife knows this about me, so I will never have to. Almost a pity. A good marriage is only slightly more satisfying than justified vengeance, I'll bet.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Good story but who is Amy?

I've never heard anyone shorten Angelique to Amy. Other than that and the fact that Jackson and his friends walked away scot-free, this was a good story. To be great, something bad needed to befall Jackson. And you didn't go into any detail about the divorce settlement. He had several years to plan. He should have gotten more than half their assets.

ReadyOneReadyOneabout 5 years ago
Inconsistant Bobby

The Bobby Sprague presented before the weekend wouldn't have put up with it.

He would have refused the invitation and kept Traci home. If she insisted on going alone, there would be scorched earth. Starting with her parents and then friends, he would get the story out first that she was going away to cheat on him (even if he didn't have confirmation of her intention).

When Traci told him she was going to sleep with Jackson Aloysius Fairchild, he would have grabbed his keys then Traci's arm, dragged her out to the car, and driven home.

If she broke away and returned to Fairchild, he would have gone home and locked her out and started scorched earth in full confidence of her announced action.

Not that he would have been there the next morning, but the Bobby Sprague first introduced would have kicked down the bedroom door instead of being further humiliated.

So what the heck happened to turn him into a wimp?

Even if he believed her threats to take the kids away, he would not have been passive. I'd have expected him to gamble that she would prefer being married. Even if he lost, the kids were old enough (teenagers) to be told both sides of the story.

And then he took no revenge on Jackson Aloysius Fairchild, known to many as a predator?

Deciding to wait 6 years "just for the kids" and doing nothing to punish either is again, not the Bobby first introduced. Six years could have prepared some major payback!

johnadpjohnadpabout 5 years ago
Jackson Needs Major Pain

It's funny I often comment that I don't get why men go after the other guy when their wives cheat. Especially when the other guy doesn't know him and vice versa. In this case if I was the husband, Jackson would have been hurt bad, and I don't mean just physically. He would have lost what he cared about most, his money and business.

Years ago these three partners came after my business. I knew two of them well and we had done some business together in the past. They were trying to steal all my clients away. I won't go into specific detail, but within 6 months they lost everything. Their business was shut down and they lost their 7 figure annual incomes. The aftermath of which was that for one his wife divorced him and left with their two kids. The pictures he started to post of himself on social media over the next few years were pitiful. You could see his degeneration as he became a drunk (he had Irish background so I guess I didn't have to push him that hard). The other one went from making well into 7 figure income to selling furniture (that's what happens when you're barred for life from a very lucrative industry you've specialized in for over 20 years). For a while I expected that they would come after me, but surprisingly they never did.

If I couldn't find any financial dirt on Jackson and be able to legally take away his business, then I guess I would have had to do something illegal and perhaps physical. This is assuming, of course, that for some reason I couldn't beat the shit out of him that actual night. But there is no way Jackson would have gotten away with that shit. I could leave alone another man who didn't know me, or fell in love with my woman. Yes, it involves me, but it's not personal then. But Jackson made it very personal with the husband. That needed a response.

I'm married for the second time with a prenup with my wife, just like I had with my first. I've never been very good with anyone having power over me, like Traci did over this husband.

One last thing, he says after the incident when he speaks a little harshly with Traci that she never heard him talk like that. I've never hit a woman in anger (I've mentioned before I'm into bdsm though), and I don't yell or even argue, but in every relationship the women I've been involved with had the utmost respect and definitely followed my lead. They knew if they fucked with me even in the smallest way I'd be out the door permanently. A woman needs to have respect for her man. Not saying the huband doesn't for the wife, but it's in a different way. A woman that thinks she can do what Traci did and not worry about the extent of the husband's possible reaction is not one that has any respect for the husband. She has absolutely no fear of him, or fear of possibly losing him. Traci must have seen Bobby almost as a eunuch.

I've tried to imagine my reaction if my wife came and told me she wanted to do what Traci did with Jackson. I have to admit, with my commitment issues, part of me would have wanted retribution for the disrespect, and a part of me would have been relieved that I can go chase new pussy again but don't have to feel like the bad guy one more time for breaking another woman's heart. It would have been a very confusing moment for me. "I must kill you two, but thank you!" :)

AnnetteBishopAnnetteBishopabout 5 years ago
Interesting, well told. Good job

Good writing, interesting, sober storyline. Nice job xoxoxoxoxo Annette

Huedogg2Huedogg2about 5 years ago
I liked it

That being said I gave it a five, But fuck that waiting for six years shit. I’ll never understand how a women’s vanity is not the same as a man pride. So the wife or any woman could just go off but some guy because they want to feel special but of a man object to it I didn’t see Alyssa right thing to do then is his pride is stopping him from forgiveness, so the wife or any woman could just go off and fuck some guy because they want to feel special. But if a man objects to it, And didn’t see It as the right thing to do. Then it is his pride is stopping him from forgiving a slut wife. It’s all bullshit she cheated but for some reason she thinks cheating even one time if She tells him, it’s Ok. I just couldn’t wait to five years, I would’ve dumped a whore early and been and weekend parent but at least I would have my integrity.

MaresEatOatsMaresEatOatsabout 5 years ago
Jackson...

...seriously earned some additional attention.

Dunny69Dunny69about 5 years ago
no emotion

It was as like a documentary there was no emotion it seemed like a brief of what happened. She did, he did, they did and this was the consequence.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
So he didn't do anything at the time of her betrayal,

and Jackson gets off scott free? Not in my world. Big or not, I may have lost but I guaranty he'd be in no shape to screw my wife. At least not that night.

It was well written which is the only thing in my book that saved the story at all.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago

Just ok. Sort of circled the drain for the last third or so.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
The Bridge?

Even though it reminds me of RichardGerald's tale, it is still a good stand-by-itself story. 5*****

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Nice

Nicely written cliche story. Sometimes you can only for the best result.

LordmikelLordmikelabout 5 years ago
minor critique

you talk about Amy as the girl friend, but then he and Angelique become exclusive. I think a simple typo is all.

chytownchytownabout 5 years ago
Good Read****

Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Needed to move Jackson

From alpha to omega

ReedRichardsReedRichardsabout 5 years ago
How, exactly did he . . .

. . . stay with Traci for six more years all the while hating her guts?

That isn’t what you wrote, directly, but it was the feeling of the story. If six more years of living together, including sex, including sleeping next to each other, did not result in forgiveness and reconciliation, then he simply had hatred smoldering the entire time.

The whole story was about his pride, as evidenced by the constant references to him feeling humiliated. Yet he still stayed, because he’d have been hurt financially. The kids were old enough that he had at least a chance to get custody himself, but he didn’t try.

The entire story was set up when Jackson took Traci to his bedroom, and the husband simply took it, staying there, waking up in the morning and waiting on Traci. He was forceful when he insisted that they leave a bit early that morning, but if he didn’t take Traci’s hand and pull her away from the house before she screwed Jackson, why didn’t he leave himself? If she resisted, why didn’t he say, in no uncertain terms, “OK, bye bitch, I’m starting divorce proceedings on Monday.” After all, while he might have expected to lose in divorce proceedings, he hadn’t spoken to the attorney yet, and didn’t know.

Traci’s ‘job’ was a volunteer one; why didn’t he insist that she quit that shit, right then, if it was to be nothing but hunting grounds for rich men?

Jackson is the one who got the last laugh. He not only fucked Traci, and had six years to enjoy having cucked the husband, but when he heard that Traci had gotten dumped, after six years, he had to laugh about that as well, having humiliated the husband for six years before the guy who was so poor that he had to stick around waiting long enough to avoid child support.

This was really the worst of both worlds: divorce without burning the bitch, but with six years as a knowing cuck as well.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Great job

Fictional account of real life... and he did not need to dig two graves... super story.

Vandemonium1Vandemonium1about 5 years ago
Have to agree with Swanze.

While it is admirable that Bobby stayed to protect his children, how many other men did Jackson destroy because our hero didn't neuter the rich prick? This alone robbed him of my respect.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggabout 5 years ago
Evergreen theme : when a wife sees fidelity in marital vows as a quality rooted in plasticity, the difference between a pliant cuck versus a resilient husband is unveiledfm

The platinum standard for basis of this story is “ The Bridge “ by Richard Gerald with over 500 comments and hot rating. I would compare that reading experience provided by RG to a 5 star 🌟 restaurant and liken this consuming this story to noshing at roadside diner. Hooked1957 did a credible job with the theme of formerly faithful wife arbitrarily deciding she deserves a one night pass with hunky , social scion .

Kudos to author for muting the gore factor which in real life would land the narrator husband a lengthy term in pokey. Hooked1957 also did solid work voicing Traci's character and the entitled rationale she employed to win the battle ( but not the war ) in terms of scratching her extramarital itch.

RG's story goes the extra mile in terms of character exposition both main and supporting characters get to take spotlight and we see their strengths and blind spots as tension is ratcheted up and dramatic dice is thrown. Jackson in this story was unfinished business and one dimensional. The interloper in " The Bridge “ got " handled “ in imaginative and credible way.

This author paced his story well and there were quality, memorable "moments " in this tale . There were flaws as mentioned above but this was best story in LW genre for one Night. I appreciate the effort and thank Hook1957 for sharing.

UltimateHomeBodyUltimateHomeBodyabout 5 years ago
Nice story

Writing good enough to convince me that wifee was a shit person and hubby was put down.

Sorry he couldn't btb her sooner.

Who was Amy?

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanabout 5 years ago
Started off a bit like the The Bridge

by Richard Gerald. But then ending was very weak. More character development of Traci after the divorce might have been interesting.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
For 'musicguy4fun'

'The characters did not really grow' I honestly feel like the 'forced growth' thing in and of itself has become a new cliche'. If a character doesn't grow, there must be something wrong with them, surely? I don't think so. Sometimes growth is nice, but it isn't always needed. Sometimes a person or persons involved clash ideologies, and are adequately wise enough for the story. Not every character can squeeze every last drop of their experiences like some wise shaman on the mountain that only drinks from a fountain of wisdom.

So in this story, did the husband really need to grow? No. He was mature enough already. Could he have been...more mature. Sure. But to what end? Did the wayward wife really need to grow? Some people are shitty, and remain shitty. Sometimes being treated shitty for the first time helps snap them out of it, but only in a the way a hurt dog avoids the bad stimulus. And true to real life, bad people live long healthy lives sometimes. I agree that it's not satisfying. But a story isn't always going to be about exploring deep personal growth, and seeking justice.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
jackson

he's pretty much revenge proof, as long as he has big bucks and silent witnesses (co-conspirators?)

jasonnhjasonnhabout 5 years ago
OK

He gets to be with his kids. (+)

Traci gets off on and gets away with the humiliation. (---)

He has sex with his yucky slut of a wife and gets his rocks off. I suppose, but just crawling into bed with her would be a major turnoff. (-/+)

It is not said but I assume the divorce was a standard financial split, so she gets half even though she was a slut. (-)

She never thinks she did anything wrong. (-)

Jackson completely gets away with the fucking and the humiliation. (---)

Traci's marriages keep failing. (small +)

He gets remarried to a beautiful and loving woman. (+ but he could have done that if he had an immediate divorce)

Sum, very little satisfaction beyond surviving and escaping from the slut with only moderate damage.

MainefiddleheadsMainefiddleheadsabout 5 years ago
5 stars

Great story. Nothings ever new but this is a great retelling of a good theme.

MFH

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
What Music Guy For Fun said:

I agree with him. It's not that it isn't well written but it's a 3 page cliché. How does this look any different than any of the other thousands of LW stories.

Write a REAL story please. You're capable of it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Nothing new

This is a variation on a story that RichardGerald wrote. Here’s what I liked and didn’t about this story. It’s really well written, with a strong narrative voice that moves the story along. However, the premise seems wrong, at least to me. As written, divorce seems to be the only option. The wife shows no remorse and no cognition of the harm she did. The husband took an amazingly strange way to get there though. I can’t imagine that twiddling away your time with someone while just waiting to hurt them (even if it was deserved) is good for a person’s well-being, let alone the that of the people around him. Yes divorce is hard on kids and parents. Oftentimes, though, that is the compassionate thing to do, both for the aggrieved party and the children. That’s where RichardGerald told the story better.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
First page was a prime piece of cuck shit

Who the fuck just watches their side walk out with another man?

God, the cuckoldry community is taking over LE. You don't have to "set the stage" by forcing him to accept cuckoldry right off the bat. Became a terrible piece of shit from midway through page one.

chaoddicchaoddicabout 5 years ago
Great writing.

Story was welk written, however my story wouldve included the interruption of tracis cheatung 5 minutes after they started by kicking down the door and saying im leaving...are you co.ing or are gou going to continue with this asshole...who may ir may not still have his balls as id lilely have crushed them with the bat i brought with me. No way would i have stayed around for that shit.

PowersworderPowersworderabout 5 years ago

I was just reading through the comments and a couple of them made me smile, particularly the one about immediately attacking Jackson.

This would have been so great if the husband just grabbed a wine bottle and smashed it over Jackson's head. The look of absolute shock and horror on Traci's face would have been awesome. She thinks she's married to some passive cuck, then he goes on a rampage and brains the asshole... even better if Jackson's friends secretly hated the evil prick and helped Bobby dump the body in the lake as a "drunken boating accident".

The commenters saying Bobby handled this terribly are right. When Traci announced her intentions to sleep with Jackson, Bobby should have looked her in the eye and calmly told her that if she did, he'd kill them both. It would have nipped this in the bud and Bobby would probably have got the best sex of his life. Women do love a bad boy...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Maddening

Humiliating story. Very hard to read without an overall anger.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Enjoyed it

Like The Bridge but still good.

thecarolinadreamerthecarolinadreamerabout 5 years ago
5*****

Good story well told. Of course this plot has been used many times before; so has any other anyone can come up with. Those brilliant commenters who grace these pages and bitch about same plots are just showing how little they know about creative writing. Pitiful!

Keep on writing, H1957

Intrigued_byeIntrigued_byeabout 5 years ago
nice start, weak ending

The story read easily and interestingly for the first half and then once the divorce happens, it crumbles. From there it rides only to a "happy" conclusion leaving many elements left open and unexplored.

Keep writing but explore the follow up after you create such a nice set up.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
My favorite type of story.

It does differ from “The Bridge” in that the act is done in front of people that they or at least she regularly sees and intereacts with, even six years later. Yes, to you trolls, children do matter, and if we love them, sacrifice is what we, as parents, are called to do. That’s what he did, and he’s not to be criticized for it. Thanks for a well written story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
NOTME

A guy does that to destroy my fam and he, with all of his own family are either sharkfood or firewood

DarkerBindingDarkerBindingabout 5 years ago
Enjoyed it

Thank you for the story.

I actually live in a marriage where we're together for the sake of our daughter. Nothing dramatic like cuckholding but we grew apart and share no real love. Even so, we'd never break up the home because it would hurt our daughter. We're adults and are doing the right thing for her. I admire the choices people make to not harm their kids... Sadly, it seems to happen too little.

patilliepatillieabout 5 years ago
Nice job

but not a 5. No emotional investment for me the reader, more like a telling of a tale, a recitation of facts, than a story designed to engage and cause one to emote. The disrespect the night of the cuckolding was astounding, and dont think I could've played the Cool Hand Luke role the husband did and work the long game. I woulda blown shit up....but that is a weakness I agree.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
And soooooo he did nothing to that arrogant cocksucker who disrespected him??

Had that been me, at some time during the six years that I'd stayed with the slut, that rotten fucks' mangled body would have been found next to a dumpster.

But the way this story's written, he stuck it to the bitch HARD. She thought she'd gotten away with shitting on him when all he was doing was waiting for HIS time to feed it back to her.

I'm Hooked. Five stars for this one... a very good one.

MightyHornyMightyHornyabout 5 years ago
Oh Traci - you've done it again!

Really interesting take on Richard Gerald's "The Bridge", but without the extreme vengeance or the breakup of the family, which makes it somehow more realistic.

Her fucking Jackson at all, let alone a second time, in the morning, was bad enough for her marriage, but I think what truly did Traci in was her complete, total lack of guilt over her actions. Fuck, when she said that Bobby "owned" her this, I chuckled at her brazenness, but, when she straight-up blackmailed him into staying in the marriage, on their drive home, I laughed out loud at the balls she had. But then, afterward... she literally didn't nothing to repair her marriage; she just waited for her husband to get over it... which, obviously, he didn't. Hooked1957's 'Tracis' are always selfish and vicious (one thing this one has little in common with the others, though, is nymphomania - Bobby's ex cheated on him, but, somehow, actually managed to make it a one-and-out thing... 'didn't expect that), but the one big characteristic that unite them all is how dumb they are. Bobby pointing out to her that her being happy in their marriage doesn't mean at all he was show how self-centered she truly is. Fact of the matter is, a smarter woman would have tried to make up for her actions or, at the very least, to even the scale/corrupt her husband to do the same thing. It's a testament of how narcissistic this woman is that it never damn on her to even go to this length to protect her marriage... or to even say, once, that she is sorry. Even if she wasn't, just to make sure to not lose her man. But no - not this chick...

Kinda wish Jackson would have gotten his come-ups, but whatever - the story really wasn't about him. Amy morphing into Angelique is pretty much the only genuine mistake I've seen in this whole story. Another winner from one of the best around here.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Who the fuck is Amy?

1 quick appearance then she's gone? :)

Anyway, surprised he didn't challenge her boss that morning about condoning his staff sleeping with patrons.

She would have needed testing after sleeping with Jackson, and then reminded of her promise when she threatened to step out 6 months on.

Lou and the gallery should have been cited for alienation of affection bringing Jackson's name into it. Not for money, but for humiliation, if possible having them all served at an event at the gallery.

There was something dissatisfying about the way he did things. 3*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
She Fucked The Stag But Hubby Put On The Horns

Quite a bit of well written parts of this story. The writer is definitely talented, though not sure I can buy these characters through and through. The woman spends seventeen years with a man and suddenly out of nowhere it's fuckabuck time with threats and sneers? I suppose it does happen.

I have a sexy wife who has great tits so I know what it's like to have men leering. But she is a rock and trustworthy so it's hard to compute the total disrespect that this Traci character has for her husband. One thing is for sure, though: there are many women who might interpret the trust and passivity of Bobby as weakness. Sad but true.

It's crazy to think that hubby would be so impotent as to stay there frozen as she is wailing in the bedroom from midnight thru breakfast! I think the writer did a fair job here despite stretching credulity with wifey's preening after her morning noisy fuck. Remember, it was exactly this moment where Jackson becomes more or less invisible and that is frustrating. Not everyone can write like Richard Gerald.

I think the real problem here is not even the husband more or less accepting his inferior status as a cuckold. The problem is that he plods along with the story droning off and on about life and women and relationships and although he makes a resolute decision to divorce his wife, the reader never experiences any satisfaction or resolution from his actions. Six years of slinking around and waiting to pounce?

The seemingly small Amy/Angelique mixup actually compounded my dissatisfaction. Can't help it. It just did. I kept waiting for a bright and snappy Amy to appear and drop kick Traci in her thoroughly despoiled vagina, but no. Things keep droning on with very little satisfaction.

A little analysis: He fucks his wife like a whore out of anger and she loves it with multiple orgasms. You think he would have reflected on this and asked himself Why she cucked him in the first place. But instead, he sits around the table in a hen party congratulating himself on being such a nice guy. That really bugs me. He's a real "nice" guy who doesn't know what his wife really needs. That makes him something of a dope. I don't care of the circumstances - it takes two to tango and this guy was doing the foxtrot when his wife obviously wanted some dirty dancing. If he had been all along slapping her ass and pounding all her holes this particular woman probably wouldn't have been so stupid to cuck him in the first place.

kiteareskitearesabout 5 years ago
Amy to Angelique? hell of a jump :)

Written a few things in other places and proofread for others, so know it's easy to miss stuff, but this one's a bit of a howler considering her place at the end...

He initially seemed forceful, then wussed out over the weekend. No, refusing to go, no going home when she told him, no kicking the bedroom door in. His 2nd thought, was actually my first, burn the place down. Like others it did piss me off that Jackson got off scott free, but I was flabbergasted that nothing was said about her boss condoning it. Burn the boss, burn the bastard and burn the gallery.

She made a promise, so on the Monday having decided that it would hurt too much he should have dragged her to the lawyer and had her sign a post nup confirming the promise with a 'break it and lose everything' clause, (for her, if he could get away with it) along with freezing everything at that point, in case of future action, implying she may decide to divorce. Insist she leave the gallery as it was detrimental to their marriage and refuse her sex until she had been cleared of STD's (I know they weren't mentioned, so don't exist in this universe, but it's another way of putting her through the mill). Even then, refuse until you're convinced she's no longer a slut and has left the gallery, her threat of stepping out again is a moot point then. Effectively tie her up so tight she couldn't move without fear of losing everything.

In the meantime take public action against the gallery and Jackson, winning is unimportant, it's all about reputation and while a lot of Jackson's peers may not worry, the lower level customers and such may want to pull out and this would be the foundation of his wealth. The gallery would suffer with a reputation for condoning their staff sleeping with their patrons. Would you remain a patron if you were in a faithful relationship or had a high profile clean cut image? Little seeds is sometimes all it takes.

So mixed feelings really, it read easily enough and the husband eventually got out, but she still got 1/2 of everything, presumably with 6 further years of advancement and Jackson and gallery/Lou were left untouched.

etchiboyetchiboyabout 5 years ago
And Jackson gets a pass.

The man who openly plotted to take a married woman (and not his first) gets a by. How many more married woman did he take in that six years. Sick mother fucker will just keep going and going, without consequence.

An alienation of affection law suit should have been the minimum. If you can’t afford it just do it on contingency. Hell, give the lawyer 99% of the proceeds if he succeeds. You just want to be able to harass the SOB and make things public. Subpoena the people who knew to give them a little rub in the face for not preventing the affair.

Shit.

Still, good story. 4-stars

sdc97230sdc97230about 5 years ago
Probably the most realistic variation on this tale.

I especially appreciated how it took Bobby two years and prodding from others to get him to move into his next LTR, rather than him him miraculously meeting the stereotypical LW perfect mate on the rebound before the divorce is even final. If there's anything that's hard to swallow, it's how he managed to bottle up his real feelings about his cheating wife to the extent that the rest of his family never noticed for six whole years.

Lots of bravado from probably-never-experienced-it-in-real-life people about all the things that Bobby should have done for revenge on Traci and/or Jackson - all of which would have landed him in prison for years while his cheating wife got everything in the divorce rather than half and a much easier time turning his kids against him.

People cite RG's "Bridge" as a better story, but the husband in that story torching that bridge, playing games with his employer's funds and not ending up behind bars was utter fantasy. Because in real life, people like Jackson with money and friends with money usually are immune to the consequences of the rotten things they do to ordinary people, while ordinary people never get away with striking back at those who hurt them.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
good with only 1 issue...

Top of this page an "Amy" is mentioned. Amy becomes Anjelique or something.

That's my only objection. Otherwise Im thrilled with the fact that there are people with a real view of VOWS out there!

KUDOS Hooked!

Smokepole

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Hhhmmm not sure what to title this but 5 stars

Good story and I guess realistic. I will admit I could never see a wife doing something like what Traci did, cheating yes but what she did, maybe I am just naive. I can also understand his waiting until the kids left to divorce the whore. The 2 problems I have with the story is no retribution for the rich gigolo and to me Traci got off far too easy.

I had images in my mind of taking a blow torch to the gigolo's dick and balls burning them off then burning off half his face. Use the same blow torch to burn away the whores clit and half her face, maybe burn off her tits too or cut them off and turn them into titty bags. Vicious isn't it but just imagination. Would not be able to go back home but.................

CaOldDogCaOldDogabout 5 years ago
I went back to read "The Bridge" from RG again

I did rate this story a 5* but I had some problems with the way this went down. While the husband in RG's "The Bridge" didn't tell her hell no he did act immediately against his cheating wife and his no good boss. In this story the husband told his wife over my fucking dead body and she went and did it anyway. In this story the wife was delusional and cruel acting against her husband with her smug attitude that she deserved this fling. Both wives got burned but in this story the wife acted like her husband owed her an affair and never retreated from that position. I have a difficult time with the 6 year delayed divorce and with no actions taken against Jackson. I like the RG version of the very similar stories because of the stated concerns.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
ONE OF....

the comments inquired "what about Jackson"? Maybe he just didn't care and wasn't worth his time to think about. the asshole.

26thNC26thNCabout 5 years ago
Very good

I enjoyed the story very much. It is very similar to The Bridge, one my personal favorites, but has enough differences to be it's own story. I like playing the long game as he did with Traci. He burned her world down and did it by surprise. The only small quibble in that Mr. Moneybags didn't suffer some misfortune.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Not

Not a bad story,but he really should have got some revenge on smarmball Jackson.

bruce22bruce22about 5 years ago
Excellent Story

You had me furious when the guillotine fell but then he took the long way to the final beheading. The display in front of two other couples was what really hit me.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Very Good

"The Bridge" redux?

PencarrowPencarrowabout 5 years ago
UNSATISFYING

As many commenters have already said, the premise for this story (a wife tells her husband that she’s going to be unfaithful tonight, that her husband has no say in the matter, but what makes it worse is that she’ll be in the room next door) has been done before.

This premise is possibly THE most gut-wrenching betrayal that any husband could imagine, especially from a wife who is normally loving and who has been happily married for some years, often with children as well. To add to this monumental act of betrayal, the husband gets to hear her moans of ecstasy throughout the night as she receives the best fucking she’s ever had, and Hooked1957 adds to this by having her morning screams of pleasure heard not only by the mentally tormented husband but also by her boss and his wife, etc., who seem to be not offended by it and even offer hollow platitudes because “he’s done this before”.

Hell, how much pain can an author pile on the innocent husband? Well, even more as it turns out, because she threatens to take away his kids if he tries to oppose it or divorce her. Such a wonderful, loving wife.

In my opinion this trope deserves an equally monumental response from the wronged husband, not only for the smug, self-satisfied wife but also for the antagonist who seems to take pleasure in seeing the husband belittled in front of his wife and others. In Richard Gerald’s “The Bridge” the wife is quickly divorced and payback is gained on the antagonist as well, which gives the reader a feeling of satisfaction that justice has been served. An even better story with a similar trope was “Wicked” by an Israeli author, but unfortunately the story seems to have been pulled in the last 6 months or so.

But nothing much of consequence happens in this story, and in fact the husband almost comes across as a closet cuck. I felt that the 6 year wait before he divorced his wife was even more unbelievable than the actual betrayal, and for me it really let down what could have been an even better story. How could he still harbor feelings of resentment and revenge after 6 years of living with her, especially when she is once again the loving wife he had before? How could she and his children not notice how he felt and acted? Where was the tension in the family dynamic over all these years after the betrayal? Sorry, but the husband raises questions in my mind as to whether he really was always a bit of a wet blanket, and it’s hard to continue trying to empathize with him over 6 years of inaction.

The emotion in the reader that was built-up on page one has no outlet (apart from writing comments like this, and there will be an avalanche of them eventually), and even though he moved on and eventually found happiness there was no satisfying resolution to the crux of the story – the original betrayal and payback for those who betrayed him.

By the way, another cliché is that the kids are better off with the husband staying in the marriage, but modern studies have cast doubt on this. My own parents divorced when I was 13 after several years of acrimony, quiet (and not-so-quiet) arguments and a lot of tension and I have to say that life was much more pleasant and stable afterwards for my brother and I.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Good Story,BUT...

After hubby caught his wife in the backseat of Mr.Slick's car,he should have read her the riot act! No way does he agree to go to that "special" weekend gathering at Mr.Slick's home! If she decides to go without him he can write her off then and not have a front row seat when the humiliation escalates from finding his wife in Mr. Slick's car to finding her in the Slickster's bed. ~ And the idea that the kids would automatically side with Mom in a divorce doesn't hold water in that the bottom line is that Mom cheated and fucked another man,humiliating their father in the process. Sure the divorce laws unfairly suck but he'd still have had a relationship with the kids without being stuck with that conniving, insulting, unfaithful slut of a wife. ( Only a wimp would put up with the way she humiliated him by loud-fucking the Slickster with the other couples hearing it go down. ~ So,for me,the story should have ended much earlier as the divorce happened 1 year,not 7 after the humiliating betrayal! ~ 4 ~

Rw43Rw43about 5 years ago
RR is right

Not sure which story flaw is bigger, the unnecessary 3rd page detailing hubby's ego gratification after the divorce, or the unnecessary 6-year wait for the divorce.

Hubby observed wifey's flirtatious behavior with his social betters frequently enough to tell us about it, but evidently didn't discuss her behavior with her enough for her to know the thin ice she was treading on. If he was that passive and resentful while still performing his husbandly duties, she never missed his love anyway.

How could he resent her for 6 years and she thought they were good? Did he ever say "I love you?" He admits to kissing like teenagers before he anger-f*cked her. Did she never question the lack of cuddling? Or did he do it--passively--like everything else in life? Did she never again have need of him as a plus-one at the gallery, or did he cover up his hurt and continue being her faithful escort? In other words, his desire to nurse his hurt and ambush her after 6 years is understandable considering how she betrayed him, but he is not a grownup and desirable marriage partner. He had lots of opportunities to let her see his hurt, but he was determined to keep it hidden until trigger day.

As a passive reader on a voyeur board, i like the guy. And i appreciate the story.

But the older i get, the more i realize it's amazing how few times the good guys get to f*ck the beautiful Tracis of the world. We always have a reason to stay passive and aloof and proud--and alone.

Talk to your wife. Before she makes plans with your better. Then give her a reason not to take you for granted.

robinhodrobinhodabout 5 years ago
A LOT of comments!

Here's one from me.

When she announced that she was going to fuck that fellow, he could have said, "No you're not." "Why not?" "Because I'll kill one of you. I haven't decided yet which it will be."

Why doesn't this work? Because then there is NO STORY.

A large proportion of the comments go down this, or a similar, route.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Well-written story, but NOPE!

Well-written story, but not realistic or believable. His wife humiliates and embarrasses him in the WORST POSSIBLE way, and he DOES NOTHING for 6 years? All because he's afraid his wife will get the kids and "turn the kids against him."

How about him turning the kids against his wife? How about immediately leaving, and telling the kids and her parents about her indiscretions? When he told the kids and her parents 6 years later they sided with him, why didn't he tell them 6 years earlier? Why not heap some humiliation and embarrassment on her?

Richard Gerald's "The Bridge" is the much superior story. The husband in that case acted immediately and decisively - not 6 years later! --JRZ

Tiger27Tiger27about 5 years ago
Totally believable

My take is that Traci was divorced not for the sexual act in itself, but that she rubbed her husbands nose in the affair both before and after the sex had occurred. Great story start to finish. More please!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Essentially the same dramatic device in the plot

as "burnt Bridge" (or something like that). Not creative, but very few authors here are

MightyHornyMightyHornyabout 5 years ago
One major difference between this story and "The Bridge" that most commenters seems to be ignoring...

In the Richard Gerald tale, Lyle had the means, the know-how and the opportunity to exact righteous and immediate vengeance on those that crossed and betrayed him. He not only took his direct nemesis, Gabe, and his wayward wife, Gloria, out of commission for a while, but also managed to destroy his whole business while having more than enough time to start the process of getting rid of his slut of a wife. And this, with the bonus of taking up the business he previously bankrupted and becoming his co-owner. Sure, he felt lonely and lost full time custody of his kids, but ultimately, his actions were overall more positive than negative.

Sprague played here with a very different set of cards: there's no way for him to hurt Jackson in any meaningful ways that couldn't get him arrested and sent to jail; and he was going to lose more than he was willing to lose (access to his kids) if he got rid of Traci immediately after her one-night stand. Trustfully, he should have walked out when his youngest was a senior in high school - teenagers, at that age, don't usually hang out much with their parents, so he wouldn't have lost a whole lot of time there.

Bobby is definitely portrayed as a stronger man, emotionally speaking, then most - I seriously doubt I could have stomach being near Traci this long, even for my children. As for her not noticing her husband emotionally disconnecting himself out of their marriage... didn't you know that Traci was a narcissistic, self-centered individual that's truly apathetic about anything not related directly to her own well-being? Well, sure seems obvious, after reading this story...

All this to say: Bobby had way more to lose than Lyle, if he went the divorce route immediately. He only could play the game with the card he had on hands.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Not even remotely believable

AND this general plot has been done before

tazz317tazz317about 5 years ago
WHO KNOWS OR CAN TELL

what lurks in the minds of our mates, only the aftermath of the fractured fiasco. TK U MLJ LV NV

ttom76ttom76about 5 years ago
He's not us

Thanks for the story, I liked the last line.

As others have noted, he didn't act like they (we) would have. So what? It takes all kinds and his kind is patient, thoughtful, yet vengeful. "Revenge is a dish best served cold."

I will admit that it took me several times to read through the whole story. I'd get angry with the mc and stop. Still, he did what he thought best.

Remarrying and then getting divorced 2 more times may be over the top, but not unheard of. Marriage is the one place that practice does not make perfect.

Regards,

ttom

FatStratFatStratabout 5 years ago
Nice read.

Both stories are very good reads.

I just can't see the husband forgetting about the incident in the backseat of the car. If anything, his spidey sense should be amped up. He should be checking up on his wife more and investigating ways of finding out more about what is going on between them. As well, if loverboy is a big guy, while he is not,then he would think about getting something as an equalizer (pepper spray, telescoping baton, gun, etc). When he finds out about the weekend, he would resolve to never leave the two alone together and he would pack in his bags one or more weapons (unbeknownst to his wife).

When she gives him the big news, he would then grab her wedding rings and take them off. If she still decides to go through with it, then he would rush to their room and bring out the gun. At that point, he would assume control of the situation. I am sure he would like to shoot up the luxury cottage a bit ("I'm sorry, I seem to have scratched your lovely hardwood flooring", "I'm sorry, I seem to have broken the glass in your Wolf oven...was it expensive?").

He would then make then reveal their ideas behind their plan and why they thought he would put up with it. Then he would make them figure out how they were going to make it up to him -- OR ELSE! Perhaps he would also punish the other guests after finding out that loverboy made a habit of doing this and they knew what was going to happen and didn't warn him.

As long as he doesn't hurt the jackass too much (I don't think that loverboy would be in the mood for love after being peppersprayed) he should be okay especially if he threatens to get together with the husbands who were cuckolded in previous years and deal out a little justice in the future.

Anyway, my point is that everything would have changed because of the incident in the backseat of the car.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Very Good

How could this and "Clueless Bob" come from t5he same pen? This deserves the 5*'s it's getting.

schulz777schulz777about 5 years ago
not your best story

husband too weak and wife not realy punished

2 starrs

Baddogie59Baddogie59about 5 years ago
Good Read

I guess like most I was a bit taken with the whole part of she was going to sleep with guy and he owed it to her to let her have her night. No conversation for approval but rather she deserved it. I mean I guess this is one way to see if your husband is going to like being a cuckold.I mean he warned her and told her he did not approve of this.

I just can't believe he decided to stay the night. The bitch would have been getting a ride home by her new lover to find all the locks had been changed. Then I would have beat this home wreckers ass into the ground. I mean no one would have ever known that I did it. I would have bashed into the door with a smart phone and my video running to get proof. I would have brought every person that was there in as a witness and sued this guy for every dime he owned. For me that's more realistic.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Loser

The guy is a weakling and a loser.

GoesGruntGoesGruntalmost 5 years ago
Childless

I read some of the comments and realize the person making it probably doesn't have kids.

Cheating is evil. Forgiveness is NOT divine. He thought the best choice for his kids was to stay. Since it seems like his hate didn't poison his kids it was the right choice.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
What Crap

The whole story hinges on an act of seduction by the bastard Fairchild and the blatant betrayal of the slut Traci. Yet , there is no further mention of Fairchild. How can this seducer of married women get away with such behavior without retribution overtaking him?Traci just gets divorced and shows absolutely no remorse for her whoring ! What a pitiful story. Two stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Too bad he didn't record her threats to take his kids

That's all most family court judges would need to hear. Not to mention CPS

etchiboyetchiboyalmost 5 years ago
A familiar plotline, but well executed.

Saw no flaws.

5-stars.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 5 years ago
I read it again...

...and it is still 5*****!

Two things: First, telling your spouse in advance does not mean it isn't cheating. It just isn't lying. A lot of wives say that in these stories and it isn't true. Second, if I stayed for 6 years, I would damn sure wear a condom. She would be offended, and it might drive her to cheat, but so be it.

It was a lovely, if painful story, and you wrote the children beautifully!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
SAME, SAME, OVER AND OVER;

SO MANY OF YOU, SO CALLED WRITERS, CAN'T GET PAST THAT ALL MEN ARE PUSSIES, WIMPS, WHAT ABOUT WHEN HIS WIFE TOLD HIM SHE WAS GOING TO GO FUCK ANOTHER MAN AND THERE WAS NOTHING HE COULD DO ABOUT IT, KNOCK THE BITCH OUT!! THEN GET A CLUB A BEAT THE PISSHEAD TO A PULP AND IF THE OTHERS THERE OPENED THEIR MOUTHS SMACK THEM. THEN TAKE HER HOME AND FILE FOR DIVORCE! WHAT KIND OF GIRLY-MAN WOULD LIVE WITH THE WHORE FOR SIX YEARS! HAD TO STAY FOR THE KIDS SAKE, GIVE US A BREAK. I, HOPE YOU DON'T BLESS US WITH ANY MORE WRITING , GET A JOB FLIPPING BURGERS.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Excellent job but a bit unrealistic from a true male emotional perspective.

Apparently “anonymous” must be an a hole alpha male like the real estate guy in the story. Personally, I would have done exactly the same thing your story did. I would have warned her about the consequences and let her decide what was right. Otherwise, you would have never known her true feelings about the matter and she would have blamed you for the her “future” actions. However, I probably wouldn’t have stayed with her for the sake of the kids. I couldn’t realistically face the humiliation on a daily basis regardless of the children and I believe most men couldn’t. So, I really liked the story, but most men don’t walk on water like your hero in the story. We have feeling and we hurt and a broken heart is hard to mend. Especially, with a constant reminder present.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Full marks - 5-Stars!

I love everything about this story. It is however very similar to your "When one door closes". BTB at its softest ... its euphemistic best! He got his revenge and practiced it for 6-years one fuck at a time without her noticing or ever getting a suspicion that he will let the guillotine come down on her once his children were old enough and adult enough to make their own choices. Now we know why the parents had that knowing smirk when they came back from that fatal week-end. They knew that their wonderful son in Law was cuckolded - they just did not know HOW! A very good story from one of the best writers on this site! Thanks for sharing!!!

vickitvohiovickitvohioalmost 5 years ago
vow

it could be that i'm binge reading your stories, but now I want all the wives to suffer more. lol

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Too Passive

He should've kicked the bedroom door down and beat that bastard senseless, then divorced his whore of a wife.

ejsathomeejsathomealmost 5 years ago
Entertaining story, but . . .

. . . it started out a bit poorly: hindsight is "20/20" not 100%. Just a thought.

GrimmerGrimmeralmost 5 years ago
MissCast ...

This was written for a character with a solid core; a stand up kind of guy. Instead you plugged in Bobby the Marshmallow Man. Outside of that bit of a misfit it was a good tale.

mower9527mower9527almost 5 years ago
cherry picking

so no closure for jackson aloysious? here's a guy that makes a habit of atrocious behavior with little to no consequences and we are supposed to believe... on never mind, it's just fiction.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
After Six Months

If he didn't start having sex with her she was going to have to start stepping out? The only surprise is she hadn't already screwed everyone within eyesight. How do we spell cunt in Texas? Look it up online, you'll see a 8x10 color photo with the name watermarked on it "Traci". Signed: BTW

jtwheelsjtwheelsalmost 5 years ago
Agree door beat him down bigger no problem hit first second and on

Couldn't stay unless beat the crap out of him

Otherwise fiction so go your way

4 stars

123456...8
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous