A Rose by Any Other Name Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Osmar sighed. "All right. Remember, the masons are coming tomorrow to fix the chimney. You don't have to do anything; Rose will be here to let them in. Just don't want you to be surprised."

"I don't think I'd mind being surprised by several handsome young men," Amy smirked, "showing up at the house bright and early, eager to get to work."

"Gross," Osmar groaned, eliciting a hearty laugh from his mother. She slid over beside him and stole first a hug, then a kiss on the cheek.

"Be careful with her," she said softly. "That's all I'm saying. Goodnight son."

....

From the end of the sofa in the living room of the carriage house, Amy could see the light on in the upstairs bedroom. She downed a sip of cognac, lit a clove and took a drag. A nebulous ring of gray smoke dissipated in the cool conditioned air. Soon the glow from the bedroom was darkened by Rose's figure crossing through. She stopped next to a dresser and picked out some items. Then plucked the towel from around her breasts and twisted it tight around her curls.

Amy took the folded paper from her pocket and smoothed it over her thigh. Cigarette smoldering between her fingers she looked it over one more time. The list had no title, just seven numbered lines written neatly in green ink in Rose's rounded cursive. She focused on the last one, just below the center crease. The one with her name in it. The one that read, "Sleep with Amy."

The line was struck through. In pencil. But it was there, with all the others. With the rest of the freedoms to which her son insisted his fiancée was entitled.

She turned back to the house. The light in the bedroom switched off as the silhouetted figure ducked out and down the hall. Amy held the sheet up in front of her. Staring at the words she twisted her wrist and touched the glowing tip of the clove to the broad-stroke '7' scrawled in the left margin, singeing a small hole through the paper.

When the wisp of smoke cleared and the ashes fluttered to the table, Amy refolded the paper and shoved it back into her pocket. Smiling to herself, she returned to her drink.

12