All Comments on 'A Sad Story'

by Slirpuff

Sort by:
  • 141 Comments (Page 2)
PowersworderPowersworderalmost 4 years ago

Time to divorce Carol.

She had lost all interest in sex, was not interested in any form of intimacy, and yelled at him when he tried to make an extra effort with their marriage.

This was all before he found out she fully condoned her friend cuckolding Jim and letting Vicki use their house as a fuckpad.

What possible reason is there to stick around with that bitch? Even before she stabbed Jim in the back, she had pretty much withdrawn from the marriage anyway. If Ken forgave her, he'd return to a sexless marriage with a woman he doesn't even like any more, let alone trust... or love.

The choice is easy. There's plenty more fish in the sea and by ending his shitty marriage to Carol, Ken can get his best friend back again too. The two of them can be each other's wingman and both start dating younger women. A few years later when he's fucking his second wife... a horny 30-year-old, Ken should rename this to "A joyful story".

LilacQueen15LilacQueen15almost 4 years ago

Ken got the worst of it. He didn't get rid of Carol.

Jim lost his best friend too. Time to lose the lady and back up your friend. He is loyal. She was not.

etchiboyetchiboyover 3 years ago
Re.: Carol’s drop in ardor/sex drive —

We don’t KNOW Carol has lost interest in sex. Maybe Ken just made that up to make his fake story more believable to Jim. Now, I kinda assume it’s true, but until slirpuff says otherwise, I cannot be sure that is the case. For all we know Ken and Carol are going at it like rabbits. Just a thought to keep in mind.

gingerhuntergingerhunterover 3 years ago
Aiding and abetting a felony is felonious

By facilitating the affair Carol became complicit in the betrayal of Jim and the destruction of his marriage. She either lacks the moral compass to conduct herself appropriately or she is so easily manipulated she could not stand up to her adulterous friend. Either way she is not a attractive person to have as a partner in life. Ken will find far better options once he's free of that ball and chain.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

This author seems not to be aware, so I'll try to enlighten : ' do not use 1st then 2nd then third person for the same character'. This is so far screwed up it would take a complete rewrite to make it fair score. So 1* is what it deserves, but 3* is what I'll give it because of the idea and the BTB ending.

MeredithXMeredithXabout 3 years ago

The storyline was good, but the editing was atrocious. How could the narrative switch from first person to third person, then back to first? Does anyone review this before it gets posted?

A story does not recover from gaffes like that. (And the contraction for “you are” is “YOU’RE,” not “YOUR.”)

But I gave it three stars anyway, because the twist in the plot fooled me.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 3 years ago

Older comment by rjorda:

["What?" Jim asked. "What the hell do you mean, you started dating her?"

"Just that Jim, I started treating her like I did when we first started dating. "

Jim appears to be talking to himself. The entire conversation is this way. Jim talking to Jim. There is only one mention of "Ken" who I assume is the one telling the story.]

There is nothing wrong with this, except for a missing comma between "that" and "Jim!"

["What?" Jim asked. "What the hell do you mean, you started dating her?"

[The other person (Ken?) talking] "Just that[,] Jim, I started treating her like I did when we first started dating. "

The first sentence ends with a quotation mark, which indicates a change in speaker, to (Ken?), further verified by him directing his comment TO Jim. BTW, I put Ken as a question because it's been a while since I read this, so I'm assuming rjordan is correct using Ken as the other speaker.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Quibbles by commenters aside,

the plot idea here is very creative. Well done!

dgfergiedgfergieabout 3 years ago

good story with a twist. Once you destroy trust there isn't much left.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Good story but I think an over reaction to the situation. Ken was righteously angry but his reaction was to extreme. You and your wife are each others best friends and as such are allowed to make mistakes. Carol didn't cheat on him and only lied by omission. To let a marriage meltdown over this sort of situation isn't real. The worse that should have happened is that Ken elicited a promise from Carol that she would always talk to him about anything.

oldtwitoldtwitalmost 3 years ago

I bet this is so near the truth of a lot of couples problems

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

PATHETIC STORY ....WIMP LIVING WITH THE SLUT WIFE HE COULD NOT TRUST....1 STAR

JonDoe315JonDoe315over 2 years ago

Why must their be a time limit on getting over something pretty serious? If u ask me, take all the time they need because its more logical than a quick decision

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Ehhhh LP

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Fucking asshole

iameaseliameaselabout 2 years ago

2nd time through and again I enjoyed it.

Sadly this anon shows that just because one has reading skills doesnt mean they can read AND comprehend "PATHETIC STORY ....WIMP LIVING WITH THE SLUT WIFE HE COULD NOT TRUST....1 STAR"

Trying to wrap my head around this idiots assessment of the situation.

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShadesalmost 2 years ago

Life gives us strange twists. The 40's are such a wonderful age to live thru.

Thanks for you writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

He over reacted. Sure, he should have been angry, but his wife didn't cheat on him. Who did he love more, his wife or his friend? Get over it, asshole.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

This escalated too much between Ken and Carol. Yes it was a stupid thing to do but doesn't merit burning down their marriage. Vicky was already doing the nasty with Dan and cheating on her husband Jim. Yes Carol showed terrible judgment but it doesn't warrant a separation or divorce.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Of course as usual the husband is always at fault and any response by the husband is considered extreme and overboard. Carol is never held accountable for her actions. ie emotional affair with her boss, getting in the middle of Vicky's cheating, which include condoning it and helping and supporting it. The of course hiding all of this from her husband instead of being open and honest about everything. Her condoning and helping her friend cheat certainly proves that she approved of cheating and brings into question her own ideas about fidelity in marriage. At no time did Carol ever apologise and accept responsibility fort her own bad behavior and lying to her husband.

The author seems to think that women have no responsibility in a relationship except to be catered to and wooed by the husband at all times. Adult relationship should a two way street with both individuals invested in the relationship and contributing to the relationship. Reciprocated love and emotional contribution are behavioral investments that sustain a committed relationship.To create a reciprocal relationship, both partners need to be able to accept responsibility for that creation. The interdependence of a healthy relationship requires that both people accept personal responsibility. One partner cannot take all the blame while the other partner gives all the blame. Acceptance of responsibility for the creation of a reciprocal relationship takes a high degree of emotional maturity, which takes awareness, time, and personal work to develop

In this story, Ken was doing all the work in the relationship with Carol coasting along with one foot out of the relationship with her emotional affair with her boss.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

He's a sorry asshole. Did Carol screw up? Yes, she did. Did he have a right to get angry? Yes, he did. However, if he thinks more of a friend than he does his wife and kids, when he held the door open, Carol should have kept walking. He doesn't deserve a family. The world needs to be cleansed of him.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

True friends are very hard to come by. wives are even truer friends,and harder to come by. yes Ken's an asshole of the first magnitude. LP

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

What a basket of irredeemable idiots!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Rather hurried plot, especially the end.

Had my wife allowed her friend to use our bed I think it would be the end of trust for me.

How many,"years you've put in irrelevant and the "better with her than without" is equally innane; if you're constantly unable to trust you have nothing. Carol should have seen her doctor; at least gone so far as that given how her marriage was dying around her. He should have asked her to join him in marriage counseling. The failure of both those actions torpedoed the marriage. All-in-all a tragic story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

How many years invested and better with or without point' s irrelevant deflection from a badic truth:

Without communicstion there is no relationship.

Without respect there is no love.

Without trust there is no reason to continue.

She failed all three aspects. She is self centered beyond a fault with no moral compass.

NOT A WOMAN TO BE TRUSTED!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I loath the comments below that give Carol a walk and, in essence, hold HIM accountable. Implicit: Unless she out right fucks a guy all her transgression should be forgiven and he should man up and accept her mistakes with absolute forgiveness and trust.

The only thing I hold against him is,stupid guilt over the loss of his friends friendshop, which was the other guys choice mind, and lacking the guts to just file and move on. Clearly, he was NEVER going to get past his mistrust.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I guess only a fool should read something called A Sad Story.

I feel like a fool for wasting my time.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Carol clearly condoned the cheating. She owed it to her friend to talk her out of cheating rather than helping her cheat. Her stupidity is legendary. She isn't worthy of trust.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Needs a little homework here. Brandishing a firearm without a concurrent manifest threat to life of serious injury is a felony in every state.

Also, doesn't make sense that he stay and make toxic situation worse. Marital Counseling should have started immediately. HE is primarily responsible, at the end of the story, for the toxic waste dump of his marriage. [I term all of this the "Yeah, that could really happen" test.

The weak elements discussed moved this from a 4 to a three.

Do keep at it!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Divorce the bitch. Tomorrow she'll be a cheater like her best friend

usaretusaret12 months ago

What was the reason for writing this?

Schlouis57Schlouis5710 months ago

Tu parles d'une merde comme histoire

IrishLaddy59IrishLaddy5910 months ago

Very sad. They all lost.

silentsoundsilentsound6 months ago

Firearms from anonymous. Read up chump. Depends on the state but all he knew was his home was invaded. I'm sure he would have been just fine either way as I don't see the two adulterers pressing any charges.

chasbo38chasbo383 months ago

Over reaction to a wife's stupid decision but one that did not make her unfaithful to him. He chose his relationship with his friend over the relationship with his wife. His decision was as stupid as her's.

chasbo38chasbo383 months ago

The signature event comes after months of a deteriorating, almost non-sexist ant sex life which put her husband in a much less accepting frame of mind.

Note that the author does not have the wife ever apologize for what she did. She does excuse her behavior by saying that she did not want to do but her best friend talked her into it. But she never admits it was wrong nor does she apologize for doing it. Nor does she admit that it was wrong to hide what she did from her husband.

She then blames him for all that is wrong in their marriage and ends everything at the same time hiding behind a no-contact restraining order which eliminates any chance of a reconciliation.

Do not know what the author had in mind but it sounds as if she was mentaslly and emotionally easing out of the marriage before she made her first bad decision.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

What a crybaby. If you don't trust someone you either call it a day or try to find out if they are trustworthy.

@chasbo38 she'd have to have done something wrong. It's here house and if she want to let her friend use it for sex then that's up to her. Stick your whiney morality up your ass.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

A fucking cuckold bitch husband

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Asshole should divorce Carol

Finchy1955Finchy19552 months ago

Us the readers got the worst of it

Minus 5 stars

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES