All Comments on 'A Sexual Haunting'

by Glaze72

Sort by:
  • 48 Comments
Hawk19Hawk19over 6 years ago
Amazing!

One of the best stories here! Great job!

atraindriveratraindriverover 6 years ago
Oh yessss....

I don't quite know what it touched in me or indeed how, but my that was a wonderful read. Thank you.

Many_MemoriesMany_Memoriesover 6 years ago
And .... The NEXT book? ...

Anyone care to bet about a tale of a haunted house and a VERY LONELY female ghost? Sounds to me like it might make the next best seller list...!

DrizdartDrizdartover 6 years ago
Wonderful ...

A sex-filled romp, with real characters (and one unreal one) acting out in believable ways.

Delightful to read, with nary an awkward phrase or typo to interrupt. Solid plotting. Were I to put on an editor's hat, I might encourage a bit more of a correspondence between either the published book or the proposed book and the circumstance of the story, something to make Mark a bit more like the poor WWI fatality.

I'm looking forward with great anticipation to what else you write and are willing to share here.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Aunty Ghost

Loved this romantic ghost story. May Aunt Hazel rest in peace. May Bree and her lover live happily ever after in love and peace. May her career prosper, and may he continue to write best sellers.Hoping Bree's mom meets her own true love very soon.

Comentarista82Comentarista82over 6 years ago
How charming and lovely

How heartbreaking to begin with such a tragedy but you chose such a heartwarming way to end it--what a wonderful way to provide Hazel peace and not kill the moment with Mark and Bree!

Great opening and segue to Mark leasing from Cindy, then dovetailing the story into Mark's and Bree's falling in love. I so adored Bree's spirit in general and how she retorted with her mom and Mark. What I loved most is how you didn't rush the development and it seemed to me you developed a very concrete plan on how to flesh out their romance--to the point that encounter with Mark thoroughly insulting Lance and educating Candi was so perfect in how well Mark employed his mind to tell them both off!

You finished Mark and Bree's story so well, with satisfying Hazel as well. What a gentle way to end it for them and especially for her: the whole thing was quite tender and even a bit tear-jerking. On the curious note, it seemed you used the story to meta-criticize "romance novels" in general--especially where the strong female lead ended up dominated and/or humiliated by the male lead (even kind of happened here). What a way to use Mark to "break the mold" in so many ways!

Hands down a 5. Lovely and gripping--without reservations! :)

ChloeTzangChloeTzangover 6 years ago
Now that ....

Was a really beautiful story, although the Halloween connection was a little strained. Not that I'm talking lol. Five stars for a wonderfully sweet story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Great story

Great story from start to finish. I loved the characters, the plot, and the execution. I would totally pay to read either of Mark's novels! There are few things sexier than a little humor!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
The title has nothing to do with the point of the story.

If you were trying to make a story about a sexual haunting why were the neighbors basically the main characters? Why was the younger neighbor tackling issues with her budding sexuality basically the entire plot?

celticladycelticladyover 6 years ago

The Halloween connection is tenuous, yes, but that is a small quibble.

Such a lovely romance & great characters, delightful humour. 5 stars!

I would also love to read Mark's novels!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Best ghost story in ages

Well paced, well written and entertaining.

Thank you.

HP

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Spooky Good

For a Halloween story this was top notch. This story reminds me of what Halloween was like many many years ago. We would sit around a campfire and pass the storytelling around the circle competing for the scariest story. Halloween night was a time for scary pranks and stories. Thanks for taking me back to my childhood when we didn't have all the PC and snowflakes to deal with. If someone told a story like the one you wrote here, it would have raise the goose bumps and would win the competition. Those last couple of pages had me getting the old feelings back. Outstanding writing and so easy to read. Excellent characters and extremely good plot. Thanks for taking the time to share.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Sequel please!

I think the comment’s title says it all. I loved it!!

gu1tarmangu1tarmanover 6 years ago
Great story

As a believer of the spirit world (my mother and I have the "shine") this tale could be true. While I normally read more robust erotic writings this was an enjoyable read.

JJMemaw0623JJMemaw0623over 6 years ago
Wow!

What a wonderfully romantic, hauntingly beautiful story. Please write a sequel! Keep writing!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Most enjoyable and entertaining. A fun read and well written. Thanks.

This is a great porn-light story of a haunting love. Fun way to spend an hour or so. I look forward to seeing more by the author.

SuggestionSuggestionover 6 years ago
Shrapnel?

What was the point of the shrapnel being included? You made a pretty big deal of it on more than one occasion.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
It was important

Hazel died because of it...she fell when she flung it away.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Great Stories

Please keep writing. Your stories are delightfully sexy.

taco1085taco1085about 6 years ago
thank you

that was amazing and i love the story, so question did Bree end up pregnant, did they marry, Did he write a book about it and gain more readers and most of all did mom ever find happiness...

Horseman68Horseman68almost 6 years ago
This Is A Great Writer.

The stories by this writer or some of the most enjoyable and well written on this site. Would like to have many more. 🙂

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Great story!

Another great story by the author!

Just a quick couple of comments:

1. A landscape architect would not be hired as an engineer. There is a clear difference between the two careers that prevent them from being interchangeable. A landscape architect would find it difficult to.perform the duties of a regular architect as well. And of course an architect and an engineer are not interchangeable either.

2. Municipalities and government facilities in 2016 would not have any issues with a woman running projects or being in a position of authority. In fact speaking from experience, at least in the USA, what is called diversity is a higher priority than hiring the best person for the position in most government jobs. This is true a universities as well.

Just my comments based on more than 2 decades in the construction industry.

purplescrunchiepurplescrunchiealmost 5 years ago
Great Story!

What a fantastic read! This story spoke to my soul! You have talent. I'm going to look up your other stories!

TSreaderTSreaderalmost 5 years ago
A wonderful story!

Well written and such a wonderful ending... Thank you!

Glaze72Glaze72about 4 years agoAuthor
If you enjoyed this story...

You can find it on my personal website, along with a lot more, at www.alanachurch.com!

rayironyrayironyover 3 years ago
Hello Alana:

I liked it...;Much more amusing than your basic" romantic" deflowering.

Thanks!

ArdieffArdieffover 3 years ago

Sweet and funny ;-)

taco1085taco1085over 2 years ago

amazing story, love to of seen this story expanded. did she get pregnant, did mom live a long life and find love? How long did it take before they married, did they have a boy or girl? How did the Pirate story go and did he write a story about what he experienced...

smooth_Ballssmooth_Ballsover 2 years ago

A great ending. A rich story well told with easily two other stories packed in.

Are you sure they never heard of getting their pubes hairless or eating each other out in 1916?

Funny how every generation likes to think they invented it all.

But you like to give your characters some individuality and with that style of dressing they had back then - the two souls did need something to talk about and why not hairstyles.

Strong female characters as always in your stories, the male protagonist with patience and skill and an educated heart.

It is a pleasure to read your stories, thanks for creating and writing them and sharing them here.

PurplefizzPurplefizzover 2 years ago

Absolutely loved it, a completely different slant on the ghost story/romance trope, tbh I thought we’d find and dispose of the shrapnel as well as part of allowing Hazel & Jimmy to rest, maybe missed a trick there?

Anyway, thanks for writing and posting, cheers, Ppfzz.

Rhoan1921Rhoan1921about 2 years ago

What a film that would make. Thankyou

wwaldripwwaldripabout 2 years ago

Great story, loved it 😍

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefalmost 2 years ago

Another story well worth reading, I enjoyed it very much. One correction, it's a water heater, not a hot water heater. If the water is cold it gets heated but if it's already hot, there's no need to heat it. Just nit-picking and trying to find fault with the story. Sorry, but that's the only thing I can come up with, lol. Five stars, again.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Simply AWESOME , well done.

SatyrDickSatyrDickalmost 2 years ago

Pure flippin' Brilliance!

ANY mention of Terry Pratchett is Wunderbar!

11/10 Horny Ghosts!!!!!

UncertainTUncertainTalmost 2 years ago

This is the first time I have experienced a jump scare while reading a story, amazing writing. 11/10

mharrisonmharrisonover 1 year ago

Great stuff and well written going to have to make sure I go and read more of your work.....

Stargazer5154Stargazer5154over 1 year ago

Jesus! This tale made me cry, I loved it

PtmcPilotPtmcPilotabout 1 year ago

this is one of the top stories I've read here. Great characters, a solid story, and of course, great writing. Thank you much for sharing it with us!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Wonderful, romantic and interesting

boobfuckerboobfucker11 months ago

What a beautiful love story! And so incredibly well written, thank you soo much!!!!!

Must confess that I had tears in my eyes by the end, man you are good.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Well now a story about Southern Ontario and as a former Canadian soldier and reservist my Regiments First War Battalion number was mentioned as well . Ghost stories from back home are very prevalent and enjoyable but this one ? Was very very good and the sex just made it that much more interesting . Thank you for using your characters in such an interesting way as I said very enjoyable .

SatyrDickSatyrDick8 months ago

[05.09.23]

Love the mention of Thunder Bay, birthplace of Paul Shaffer (when it was known as Fort William).

And in the last few years discovered that both my maternal & paternal families came to Ontario from Europe (albeit at diff times) and some of their kids left to hit the states.

11/10!!!!!

G5902G59027 months ago

Fantastic Story!!!

goldragongoldragon6 months ago

About once a year I come back to this story. I love it. This was a very good read. Please continue writing.

GateWraithGateWraith18 days ago

I've read several of your stories and I have to say I like this one the best... big five stars and a favorite

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userGlaze72@Glaze72
Hello All: Update as of May 2023. I have had people reach out to me regarding sequels to stories that I have posted on here, so let me address those first: "Mary's Innocent Passion." This is titled "Innocent Passion" on my page on Smashwords and my personal website. No seque...

SIMILAR Stories