A Short Story - Penny

Story Info
Two friends out for the day.
758 words
8.3k
0
1
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Yesok1
Yesok1
481 Followers

We both met at work, hitting it off straight away. I've been there six months, she's been there two years. I owe a lot to Penny, she's introduced me to lots of people, she's welcomed me so positively and we've started socialising outside of work, going to each other's houses for dinner parties and meeting our respective friends.

Penny is a joy to be around, she's fun, intelligent, and enthusiastic. I'm not attracted to girls, not in the slightest, but Penny is alluring, there is something there, and I think there is something between us that needs to be explored.

We phone and swap WhatsApp messages when we aren't at work, and talk about the same TV we watched the night before. We're both into the Last of Us at the moment. I was so surprised when she told me the lead girl in it was in the Game of Thrones and The Dark Materials series on BBC.

I'm on the tube now to meet her. We are getting a train into the Midlands to look around a castle together. I'm looking forward to the history and seeing the grounds, another similar interest we both have.

We meet on the concourse. Her hug is big, tight, and warm. I feel her breasts press into mine, and the big smile she has for me, well!

On the train, we don't stop talking. Gossiping about work, our colleagues, and clients. We laugh and joke. The long journey is over quickly as the pleasant company is enthralling.

As we walk around the castle, I notice my interest isn't in the castle or the grounds, the bird of prey event was fascinating but it is Penny. I enjoy seeing the pleasure on her face, the excitement. She loves learning, taking in every moment, and not missing a view, or smell. She sees the tiniest detail of beauty and gets the most tremendous joy that she can't help but share.

She splits her sandwich with me, as we sat on the grassy knoll by the moat, even though I had my own. She'd got me a coffee even though I'd offered.

I found her close to me, physically close. A couple of times her hand touched mine. It sent tingles racing around my body. Little shocks as I tried to compute what had happened. I ignored my surroundings as I tried to work out if it was a deliberate act each time or a careless bump. A couple of times she turned to look at me, she looked confused, and her smile would instantly drop before she'd regain her composure.

It is not just me, it is her too. She must like me. I don't know how I feel. Honoured, disappointed, or just pleased someone's interested. What if she was feeling that same thing? Maybe it is unintentional on both our parts and it's fate bringing two straight girls together.

Coming to think of it, Penny has never talked about boys. There are no pictures in her flat that boast of previous relationships. Mind you I don't talk about that cheating ratbag Simon, and I took all of those photos of him down. Maybe it is the same for her too.

I try and concentrate, I try to forget about it, and get on with the day, enjoying the location and her fabulous company.

I can't though. What if something did happen between us and we fell out? We'd not be friends, I appreciate her friendship. Or, what if we didn't fall out, and we had more? That would be nice companionship. The sex though, how would that work? I don't know. Eww. If she wanted me to go down on her. Err no, no thank you. Well, hang on, I might enjoy it, I won't know until I try it.

The day draws towards its inevitable close. We're back in London, in a pub by the station talking about the day we've had, we should do something similar again.

We finish our drinks and walk towards the tube.

"Well, this is goodbye. See you Monday. Thanks for a great day." Penny opens her arms, I go for a hug but stop.

I go for a kiss, a full snog. Her hands come up and push me back.

"Easy girl. What's got you?"

I panic, I want to die.

"You're a lovely lady, I've had a great day, but this wasn't a date."

"Ok, that's embarrassing."

"Don't worry, see you Monday?"

I nod at Penny, in shock, and turn, walking to my tube.

Yesok1
Yesok1
481 Followers
  • COMMENTS
1 Comments
MigbirdMigbirdabout 1 year ago

Perfect ending — could feel the awkwardness, embarrassment just as you intended. No way “normal” at work on Monday; my goodness, most of us have been there one time/another. Nicely done.

Share this Story

Similar Stories

Lustful Amnesia Ch. 01 Lustful Amnesia verson 3.0 reboot.in Novels and Novellas
Baker and Jones Ch. 01 Slow-burn Sherlock Holmes-style lesbian mystery.in Lesbian Sex
Lily's Search Lily's failed relationship with boys turns her around.in Transgender & Crossdressers
An Autumn Duet in Korea Girl meets girl while overseas in Korea.in Lesbian Sex
Galentine's Day Jess gives her BFF the Valentine's Day she deserves.in Lesbian Sex
More Stories