Galentine's Day

Story Info
Jess gives her BFF the Valentine's Day she deserves.
6.7k words
4.82
35.9k
89
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

It was everywhere, haunting her, a pink and red cloud of loneliness, threatening her with a lifetime of cats and television dinners for one. Valentines Day, the annual reminder to singles that they are one year older and alone. For Amalia, this made 3 years in a row without anyone to call a Valentine. There had been a few men she'd dated in that time; she wasn't a nun. But none of those relationships, if you could call them that, had ever turned into anything real. None had taken place in the month of February, and none had lasted longer than six months.

Now even the coffee shop she frequented, her favorite escape from all of life's shit, had bowed to the pressures of commercialism. Pink and red were everywhere. She grumpily placed her order with the barista and grabbed a table in the back corner to mope in peace until her friend arrived.

Jess was late, as usual. But when she arrived, she did so with a smile, a wave, and a bounce in her step, also as per usual. Even on Amalia's worst days, a smile from Jess could cheer her up, at least a little. It's hard to be sad when someone so bright and loving is right there with you.

Jess' golden hair bounced with her, the loose, shiny curls complimenting her soft pink skin. Her green eyes glowed bright with excitement. Jess wasn't pale, not really, not until she was standing next to Amalia. Amalia's skin was a deep rich brown, her umber eyes just a shade lighter with gold flecks that sometimes, according to Jess, caught the light in a way that made them literally twinkle. Amalia was tall, thin and leggy, slim and flat-chested. She looked athletic which was deceptive as she was actually quite lazy. Jess, once again, was her polar opposite. The petite girl was short and curvy, toned from her regular trips to the gym. She claimed it helped her release some of her pent-up energy, which she had in leaps and bounds.

"Well this is a change of atmosphere!" Jess decreed as she plopped down with her mocha.

"Tell me about it," Amalia muttered.

"Aww, don't be sad, babe. You're One is out there looking for you, too."

"I don't believe in the One."

"Well, maybe there are multiple Ones," Jess mused, a thoughtful expression on her face.

Amalia smiled a bit. "If there are multiples, by definition none of them would be The One."

Jess grinned. "Semantics. The One doesn't mean you can't fall in love more than once. That's ridiculous. People fall in and out of love all the time. Your spouse of thirty years might die and two years later you fall in love with someone else you never saw coming. People are growing and changing all the time. The right person for you today might not be the right person for you tomorrow. Maybe there are multiple right people out there but the one you meet under the exact right circumstances is the one you build a life with."

Amalia smiled fondly. "That's actually kind of a beautiful way of looking at things."

Jess looked at her with something in her eyes that Amalia couldn't quite place. She spoke softly. "All I'm saying is that there are people out there just waiting for the chance to love you, Mal. You're much too amazing for there not to be."

Amalia blushed and Jess looked away, taking a swig of her mocha.

"You're the best, Jess. As long as you're here for me, I'll be ok."

Jess winked. "Always, babe. Always."

———————————————————

It was three days later, a week before Valentine's Day, when Amalia answered a knock at her door to see Jess, grinning even bigger than usual and literally bouncing on the balls of her feet with excitement.

She practically danced into Amalia's kitchen, grabbed a Diet Coke out of the fridge and spun to face her bestie. "I have a great idea.

"About what?" Amalia asked, smirking with amusement.

"Promise to hear me out before you say no?"

"Oh god," Amalia muttered. "Ok, I promise. What's up?"

She gestured in front of her as if spelling it out. "Galentine's Day," she said, eyes wide, voice intense.

"Uh...what?"

"Galentine's Day!"

"What the fuck is Galentine's Day? Is that when bitter single women go out together to bitch about men?"

"I mean, ok, sometimes. But that's not how we are doing it."

"Excuse me, Ma'am," Amalia interjected. "What do you mean "how we are doing it?" I promised to hear you out. I did not agree to whatever your crazy scheme is."

"Ahhh, but you will," Jess responded confidently.

"You sure about that?"

"Yep. Because you love me. And I'll pout and give you my best puppy dog eyes until you give in. And you know you can't say no to my puppy dog eyes."

"Not yet," Amalia conceded. "But I live in the hopes of one day finding the strength to do so."

Jess giggled. "I'm serious! It's going to be fun. I decided that we don't need men to have fun and enjoy all the things couples get to do on Valentine's Day. There are many forms of love out there, and I think we should celebrate ours."

"Are you asking me out?" Amalia joked.

"Well, I've seen you naked loads of times, so it's about time, don't ya think?"

Amalia laughed. It maybe could be fun. "People will assume we're a couple," she pointed out.

Jess shrugged. "So let 'em. You could do worse," she smirked with a wink.

Amalia hesitated.

"Pleeeeeaaase?" Jess begged. "I swear I will make this so fun for you. I'll take care of everything. You just have to say yes."

"I don't know, Jess."

Then she pulled out the big guns. It never failed. The puppy dog eyes AND pout - a lethal combination. A double threat. It was working. Of course it was. It always did. Goddamn it.

Jess saw her victory in her friend's eyes. With a sly smile she drove it home "What do you say? Amalia Paige Lewis, my gorgeous, kind-hearted, intelligent, incredible, best friend in the whole entire world-will you be my Galentine?"

Amalia rolled her eyes but she was smiling. How could she not? And what else was she going to do? Watch chick flicks in her pjs with her usual backup dates, Ben and Jerry? So she gave in. "Yes, Jessica Harlowe Pierce. My crazy, wonderful, darling best friend. I will."

——————————————————

Over the next week, Amalia tried to coax some of the details out of her friend, but Jess remained annoyingly cagey.

"I told you, if I ruin the surprises, it will spoil the fun. I'd rather just spoil you, so get used to it."

Amalia audibly harrumphed but she actually was tickled that Jess was putting so much thought and detail into the night simply to keep her from feeling lonely. It was incredibly touching. She even found herself growing excited for it.

Jess insisted that Amalia purchase a new outfit, and Amalia insisted said outfit be kept a surprise for their 'date.' Jess was planning the whole evening to surprise her. The least Amalia could do was shock her friend with a gorgeous dress. And it really fucking was.

Amalia saw the dress on a mannequin as she passed the store and was ecstatic to find they had it in her size. When she tried it on, she knew she had to have it. It was a vibrant red which stood out beautifully against her dark skin. It was tight enough to show off her lithe figure, but not uncomfortably so. The bodice enhanced her B cups perfectly, which wasn't easy to find in any garment. The skirt flared a bit at the bottom, falling mid-thigh to show off Amalia's best feature, her long, toned legs. That combined with her short-cropped black hair which accentuated her neck gave her an overall lean, tall, elongated look you'd expect from a runway model.

Looking at herself in the mirror, Amalia's first thought was "Oh, hell yes. I'd tap that." And Jess would be pleased that she was embracing a bold red in honor of the holiday. Amalia felt confident, even beautiful, until she opened the door to see Jess and all thoughts about her own dress vanished.

Jess was wearing a sleeveless champagne lace gown, the high-collared halter stretched tight over her C cups. The skirt flowed to her feet, graceful and feminine while clinging just enough to show off Jess's sexy-as-hell curves. The entire dress had tiny little crystals embedded throughout that made it sparkle when they caught the light.

But the gown was nothing compared to beauty of Jess herself. Her gold hair was piled into an updo with soft curls, a few loose wisps hanging down to frame her face and accentuate the nape of her neck. Whatever highlighter and eyeshadow she used made her eyes and cheeks sparkle like the crystals in her dress, and her plump lips were painted a deep, tantalizing red.

"Wow. Jess." Amalia tried to think of something to say to convey how drop dead gorgeous she looked, but her mind had gone blank.

Jess seemed to be suffering from the same problem. Her mouth was slightly agape as she took her friend in. Then that same mouth split into a wide grin. "Damn, Amalia. You are fucking stunning."

Amalia felt heat rise to her cheeks and was glad her dark skin hid her blush for the most part. She met Jess' shining eyes. "Are you kidding? Look at you! You look incredible!"

Jess brought her hand from behind her back to reveal a beautiful bouquet of red and white flowers. Amalia gasped. "Jess they're so beautiful."

Jess smiled. "White lilies because I know they're your favorite. And red gardenias for, um..." Jess blushed. "I just thought they were pretty."

Amalia caught a bit of weirdness in Jess's reaction but shrugged it off. Maybe she was just nervous about the night ahead. "I love them. Thank you."

"Only the best for my Galentine. We are just getting started."

—————————-

Amalia stared ahead, confused. "I thought we were going to a restaurant?"

"I never said that. I said I have reservations. Which I do. Do you know how hard it is to get a spot for this class on Valentine's Day?"

"Class?"

Jess smiled coyly. "You'll see." She grabbed Amalia's hand and pulled her towards the entrance with even more bounce in her step than usual.

Amalia felt a pang of dread as the walked into the room. Aprons. Ovens. Dishes. Pans. Skillets. Utensils. "Oh no," she breathed.

Jess was practically glowing. "Why go to a restaurant when we can cook a five star meal ourselves?" she exclaimed, arms open with a flourish like Vanna White presenting a $1,000,000 prize.

"Jess. Sweetie," Amalia said softly. "You know that cooking is not exactly my forte." That was the understatement of the century. Even simple dishes came out inedible. Once she tried to make a chicken and rice casserole, supposedly easy enough for "beginners" according to the website. She somehow managed to both overcook it and undercook it at the same time. It was burnt to a crisp but the rice was still crunchy. How she'd managed that, she still didn't know. Over the years, she'd learned to live on fast food and the kindness of others with far greater kitchen skills than she possessed.

"But you've always wanted to learn." Jess took Amalia's hands in her own. "We can do it together. I'll be with you every step of the way and under the guidance of a professional chef. Imagine how great it will feel to cook something delicious."

Amalia was skeptical to say the least. "I don't know, Jess. Others have tried."

Jess giggled. "You're so dramatic. I have complete faith in you. And if we do mess it up, there's a food truck right down the road with fantastic tacos. And at least it will be a story to tell."

"But aren't we way overdressed for this?"

"So what?" Jess responded. "We will be the most fabulous people here."

Amalia guessed she didn't have a choice. Jess had clearly put a lot of thought into the night, to refuse would hurt her feelings. Jess clearly wasn't planning to give in anyway as she had already managed to maneuver them to a table and was now tying an apron around Amalia's waist.

She was standing so close, her arms wrapped around her in what felt like an embrace, even if Amalia knew better. What was that perfume she was wearing? It was intoxicating. Jess ran her hands around her friend's waist, checking that the ties were in place. She looked up to meet Amalia's eyes and smiled softly. Amalia smiled back. It was impossible not to.

For reasons she didn't yet understand, she really wanted to return the favor. So she did. She picked up the other apron and lifted it over Jess' head, careful not to mess up her hair. She leaned over Jess' shoulder so she could see to tie the strings.

That's what she told herself, anyway. It certainly wasn't an excuse to simply lean in to her, to admire the curve of her neck and inhale her scent again. She had a moment of weakness where she caught herself nearly leaning in to place a gentle kiss on her friend's shoulder. What was happening to her? This was Jess, her best friend. Amalia had never been attracted to another woman, not in this way.

When she pulled back, feeling the strings along her friend's waist the same way Jess had done to her, her breathing was faster than it had any right to be. Jess wasn't smiling anymore, and there was something her eyes that Amalia couldn't identify. If she didn't know better, she'd think it was desire.

"Welcome, everyone! Let's get started!" The women flinched and looked around to see that everyone else seemed to have wandered in while they were in their own world. Besides the instructor, everyone else was part of a couple, which wasn't surprising, but Amalia was already finding it difficult to remember that this wasn't a real date.

While they cooked, little things would draw them together like magnets. Amalia would slide past Jess to grab a spoon, a hand on Jess's lower back to signal she was behind her. Passing ingredients would ignite a spark every time their fingers brushed each other. Once, Jess dipped her finger in their homemade marinara and held it up to Amalia to taste. Amalia didn't even hesitate. She parted her lips and was already sucking the sauce from Jess' finger before she realized what she was doing. And she could swear she saw the same heat in Jess' eyes that must've been in her own. Amalia fed Jess a bite of their completed lasagna (from a fork), anxiously awaiting the verdict. Jess hummed her approval, literally moaning. Amalia felt that sweet sound shoot straight to her pussy. Then she realized what it meant.

"It's good?" she asked.

Jess grinned. "It's so good!"

"You're not just saying that?"

"Babe, have I ever lied to you?"

Amalia squealed with delight. "I did it!" She lifted Jess in her arms, spinning her in a circle. Jess shrieked gleefully. "I mean, we did it," Amalia corrected, setting her friend back down.

"You did it," Jess insisted. "I just supervised."

They smiled at each other, and Amalia saw so much warmth and love on her friend's face that it made her blush. "Thank you, Jess. This has been wonderful ."

"It's not over yet. Now we get to eat it!"

They walked into the adjoining room with all of the other couples, Amalia carrying the dish with pride. There were tablecloths and candles and flowers and mood lighting to give the room atmosphere, despite the foldout chairs. Amalia thought it was the most romantic thing she'd ever seen and she was glad Jess was the one she was experiencing it with.

The meal was good, but the company was better. After they ate, Amalia asked if they could take a little walk "to work off some of this pasta!"

Jess took her hand. "It's your night, babe. We can do whatever you want to do."

So they walked down the street, hand in hand, and Amalia thought she'd never been so content. "Did you have anything else planned for the evening?"

Jess bumped her hip against Amalia's with a coy smirk. "The evening is just getting started, sweetheart."

They kept walking and Amalia began to hear the faint pulse of music from somewhere nearby. Jess grinned and dragged her along. The music grew louder with each step. "Oh my god, are we going dancing? We haven't been dancing in forever!"

"Some of my favorite memories are from dancing with you," Jess reminisced with a fond smile. "Not that I can keep up with your moves."

"You're a good dancer, Jess!" Amalia protested.

"Not as good as you."

"Maybe I'll teach you a few moves tonight," Amalia responded, her voice low. She saw heat flare in Jess's eyes and realized how sexual her comment had sounded.

Amalia hadn't even thought about it but she had definitely been flirting. With her best friend. She didn't have time right now to fully examine what that meant, but what she did know was that she was having the time of her life tonight and she didn't want it to end - any of it. She was having fun flirting with Jess and Jess was obviously receptive to it so she decided to try and get out of her head and live in the moment for once.

And with that, she reached for Jess's hand and bounded onto the dance floor, feeling the pulsing rhythm of the music around her. She raised her hands above her head and began moving her hips to the beat. She closed her eyes for a moment, feeling the music flow through her. Amalia loved to dance, and she knew she was good at it, and looked good doing it. It made her feel powerful. She put on a bit of a show, wanting to feel fierce and sexy. Wanting to look sexy - for Jess.

She opened her eyes and Jess was dancing a bit but mostly she was watching Amalia with undisguised lust. Amalia felt it too. She took in the sight of her best friend, giving her a slow once-over and noticing Jess's toned calves, the swells of her hips and her breasts, a drop of sweat slowly making its way down the center of her cleavage. Fuck. Amalia had always known Jess was unbelievably beautiful, but she'd never thought of her as sexy before. She'd never wanted her in this way. Now she was having trouble thinking of anything else.

Amalia rested her hands on Jess's hips and applied the slightest pressure, then worked her own hips to model the movement. "Like this," she said, her voice low and husky.

Jess swayed with Amalia, one hand on her shoulder, the other on her waist. Amalia watched the swish of Jess's hips. Her movements were smooth and languid. And sexy. So fucking sexy.

Amalia gripped her hips harder, pulled her in closer. They danced against each other. The music pulsed loudly. They were practically grinding now. Amalia slowly dragged her gaze up Jess's gorgeous body and met her eyes. Her breath caught at the the fire she saw there. Jess's lips were slightly parted. She moved her hand from Amalia's waist to her lower back and urged her even closer. Amalia leaned in until she could feel Jess's breath against her face.

Amalia's whole body was crying out for more, closer. She wanted to kiss Jess. Not just kiss. Ravage.

"I think we should move on to the last surprise of the night," Jess finally said,her voice low and breathy.

They hadn't been at the club very long but Amalia didn't care. She was anxious to get somewhere less crowded. She didn't know what was happening between Jess and herself but she was eager to find out.

When they were close to the next destination, Jess made Amalia close her eyes and guided her forward.

"Wait here," Jess said softly. "No peeking."

Amalia wouldn't dare. She waited patiently until Jess told her to open her eyes.

They were at a house. It almost looked like a cabin but it was huge. They were standing outside, on a stone walkway in a beautiful garden. And there were hundreds of twinkle lights in the trees and all around the stained wood fence. She gasped at the sight of it and then she looked at Jess, her eyes twinkling brighter than all the lights around her and she felt overwhelmed with adoration.

"You deserve all the best things that Valentine's Day is supposed to offer," Jess started. "I know you love a good rom-com. And I know we just went dancing, but that was club dancing. And what's a rom-com without a slow dance under the twinkle lights and stars?"

Amalia felt her eyes well up. Nobody else her entire life had ever made her feel so treasured, so loved. "This is so amazing, Jess. I can't believe you did all this for me."

12