A Short Text

Story Info
Man offers wife to best friend, it doesn't end as he wanted.
9.9k words
3.55
43.6k
53
56
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
grizzley123
grizzley123
1,212 Followers

A Short Text

*******************************************

This is a story about three people who find themselves in a life-altering situation that starts innocently and escalates quickly. No perfect people, no terrible ones, just three people who find themselves in very different places as the story evolves. No second chapter here, just a single story about the angst and euphoria of two men and one woman in a complicated world.

Respectful comments are always welcome. Hateful and stupid ones will be deleted.

This is a work of fiction. The characters are just that, characters. Enjoy it with that in mind.

Happy Reading.

*******************************************

My best friend is also my contractor when it comes to getting work done on my house. We are planning a major family room remodel and I have him scheduled to make the structural changes and handle the window replacements connected to the job. So, receiving the text wouldn't seem like a big deal.

Not comfortable with the measurements made in the dark, can I drop back over and get them done? Are you there this week?

See, he had come over and after we spent time getting to know his new puppy it was getting dark when we got the ladder out so he could make measurements for the window replacements. His dog, Thor, was dang cute and Dave and I rarely keep a schedule well. We have too much fun biking or sailing or screwing around and next thing you know the day is gone. Our last project together, the bathroom at our lake home, ended up with us doing drywalling at 2am after we decided a long mountain bike excursion was a better way to spend the daytime hours.

I have an ailing dad and I am away in my parent's town being a care giver for a couple weeks while my sister, who normally does all the work, handles a major conference she has organized. I just arrived when I got the text. It made my heart jump; it made my dick swell. See Dave is not just my contractor and best friend, but he is the guy that I have been trying to hook my wife up with for about 5 years.

I know, pathetic. But about five years ago I had a bad accident skiing and while the broken bones recovered, the injuries included some that impacted my ability to perform sexually. It has been a rough road for me and my wife. To be honest our sex life sucked before that as we had so many work and life pressures that we forgot to make time for each other. We have never been very adventurous with our sex life and when there was always a kid at home, or a work or life event to attend to, we were lucky if we did it once a month.

But since then, the only way there is a chance is if I take a blue pill and then that isn't even a guarantee. I get hard, I just don't stay hard. And let me tell you after you have disappointed you wife a few times, ok numerous times, you figure the best approach is to just avoid starting what you can't finish.

That's most of the background, there are two other important pieces to the puzzle. First, there has always been a spark between Julie and Dave. He is a loveable goofball and I think it would be really hard to be married to him (he divorced and remarried, although his current wife has numerous issues of her own) because he is terrible with follow-through, manages money poorly, and can be a bit of a slob. I am guilty on the last one, but I do a solid job pushing through that one to keep my wife happy. She is a very neat person.

On the other two, I am the clear winner. I set and meet goals and help others do the same, and professionally I have done well, we are not rich, but with this being an off year do to Covid, we still grossed about 200k. Julie works part time as an instructor at the local community college and loves the work and loves the fact that it is part time.

So, on paper Dave and Julie would be a bad match for marriage (which is not my goal anyways), but ignoring that there is a definite chemistry between them. A few times, when she has gotten drunk, the chemistry has strayed into serious flirting. About 8 years ago, I seriously thought about just suggesting they go grab a room at our lake house as they were touchy, feeling, and googly-eyed for each other.

Which gets us to the second part of the needed background. It turns me on to think about my wife with another man. I would not stop it from happening, and certainly not if that man was Dave. When I start thinking about it my innards do cartwheels. It is like anxiety meets hunger, meets euphoria, meets arousal. It is a hard feeling to describe, but the idea of another man making my wife cum, is one feeling I desperately seek to feel, and I seek to make a reality.

First, she deserves it. She is conservative and reserved on the outside, but the times I have thrown a bit of alcohol and good foreplay into the mix, a different Julie emerges. It is a Julie that by all accounts likes sex and wants to get fucked, and fucked hard. The problem is my equipment has never been more than averaged sized, and my demeanor is not aggressive, barely assertive when it comes to sex. I am a good match if you want to make love, but I don't bring much to the bedroom if you want to get fucked. And Julie wants to get fucked, at least some of the time.

So, there we are, I am a cuckold wannabe and a dud in the sack, Julie has a jones for Dave and is a woman that likes to be fucked hard on a regular basis, and Dave is a loveable goofball. Oh, wait, Dave is a loveable goofball with a above average penis size. How do I know, we have ended up in the shower after rides and I have seen him soft, unless nothing happens when he gets hard in terms of size change, I would guestimate he is at least 7", maybe 8" when hard. I am average, right at the US national average of 5" when fully hard. Thank you, Google for confirming my average status. So, Dave has another quality that should make this situation a win, at least for he and Julie.

But back to the text, why did this particular text get my juices flowing. First, I noticed that on Facebook my wife had liked and commented on every Dave post in the last three or four months. And my wife is not a power user of Facebook. Heck, I don't think she liked my posts as many times. Then, about 2 weeks ago, after the visit of Dave's new puppy, I saw her phone light up, and even though I should have avoided looking, I looked. It was from Dave and it said, definitely sleeping alone

I had to see more. I couldn't ignore such a text. My cuckold wannabe side of me fired completely up, and my dick followed. I know her PIN so I entered it and started to read. A few minutes later I had that feeling full bore. The anxiety was strong, the hunger feeling stronger, my dick was rock hard, and my heart was racing. It turns out Dave's wife was seriously pissed he got another dog and especially a puppy, and in a back and forth between Dave and Julie, he confessed he had made a mistake marrying her and didn't know how much longer the marriage would last. The original text that I saw was confirming his sleeping status, although the very next one was unless you count Thor.

There was an undercurrent of tension between the two that was an indication to me, that both would be ready to hook up. See, I didn't want to get divorced and lose Julie entirely, I just wanted her to have a lover. Someone to help her have a satisfying sex life that I don't provide. It would be good for her, and good for me. It would take the pressure of my sexual failure off the table, and when that was off the table Julie and I were really good together.

Plus, why not Dave? I know him, I like him, he isn't an asshole, and my take was he wouldn't be in the "let's get married again" mode. Perhaps it was risky as they could end up in love, but quite literally, I was OK with that. I would be willing to share her sexually (or really give her away in that department as our sex life was basically nonexistent) and I could share her love. We have been married for almost 30 years, our relationship has as much practical benefit and emotional benefit for the two of us. I sometimes wonder if being monogamous was really the healthiest approach when time spand start to hit the length of time we had been married. I was OK with exploring new possibilities, including sharing Julie.

I have been a terrible husband since that text and have been taking peeks at their text exchange. The first text the Jaule sent after Dave's text about sleeping with Thor only was, That's too bad. There were so many ways to look at that text. Dave's first response indicated that he was thinking of Julie in the way I hoped. No better offers right now. Julie's response helped me make up my mind to push the situation. Also, too bad. That was about as direct as it got, and never strayed into "hey let's have an affair" territory, but the back and forth was definitely flirty and absolutely indicated that if circumstances were different, they would give it a whirl. Well, there was a current circumstance that created exactly the opportunity all three of us desired.

I texted Dave back. I am gone for 2 weeks helping with my dad. Julie home, arrange with her directly

Simple, to the point. But got my message across, go ahead and communicate with her directly, which I knew they were already doing, and I will be gone for 2 weeks. But it was my next text that was much harder to compose. I should have called, but I was a wimp. Perhaps that might be connected to the topic of the message.

I am sure you saw message from Dave and my response. But the part I didn't type to Dave, I type now to you.

First, it is entirely up to you and Dave, but I think it is time you consider acting on the obvious spark between the two of you. I would not be mad at all if you took advantage of the 2-week window to do more than measure windows. I have been a terrible husband (on many levels) and have peeked at your texts with him (I am sorry). You both want to, you never say it completely, but it is there, and I am telling you to go for it. You not only have my blessing, but you also have my encouragement. I am not asking you to end us, that is not at all my goal, I just want you to think about adding in Dave in non-typical way.I love you and want you to be happy on all levels and there is a level I obviously do not provide happiness on. Grab that with Dave, enjoy the shit out of 2-weeks, then when I get back, we can all talk about it and figure out what's next. I am serious. I love you always, and that would never change.

It took me a while to compose, and because I am a freak about such things, I still used full sentences and punctuation. My children always give me shit about it, but I just can't use typical texting shortcuts and jargon. I wanted the text to have a serious component, but a light and enthusiastic tone. I sat there and debated. My dad called out, it was time for his shower and bed time. I would be occupied for at least 30 minutes. I added another section at end.

I have to shower and put my dad down. That gives you 30 minutes to recognize this is an entirely real offer on my part and that you know you have always wondered about Dave. Think it over, text him if you want, just do me a favor, and throw me one message (at the 30 minute mark) so I have some idea of your reaction and your plan. And DO NOT just dismiss this, we both know there is something here that could be a good, even great thing. One more time, I love you.

Dad called out again. I took a really deep breath and hit send. I put my phone face down and went to help my dad. It gave me a worthwhile distraction and kept me from both throwing up, and cumming.

Just before I got to him, I returned to my phone and I sent a text to the group message between the three of us. I am serious. And you should go for it. Obviously, Julie would know the significance, but Dave wouldn't, but perhaps it would help Julie be able to explain my text to Dave. Or maybe it was an asshole move on my part, but either way, it was sent, and my dad needs me. I put the phone back down and left it on the table.

Julie saw her phone light up with a message from me. She had just seen the window measurement texts and had experienced a small rush of arousal thinking Dave would be coming over. Their exchanges had been right on the edge recently. In the last 2 months, starting with him getting the puppy, but going well past that as the excuse, they had exchanged more texts than the last 2-3 years combined. And the topics had shifted from cute dog photos to Dave's struggles with his wife. Julie never understood why he got remarried so quickly and if she was honest with herself, part of that was that she always had a fantasy where Dave swept her away. He would likely be annoying to be married to, but why let practical details get in the way of a good fantasy.

Julie assumed it was a quick update on my dad. Then almost immediately, the group text came in. The fact that it had Dave in it made her open that first. She read it, and wondered what I meant. The other text, she thought, maybe I should read that. She opened it.

Moments later she was sitting in her favorite chair crying. Her brain was frozen on a single thought, can I do it? There was no doubt she wanted to. Dave was a fantasy of hers and given our problems, she needed a good fuck, a seriously good fuck. But what I was suggesting was a total abandonment of our marriage, or at least how a marriage is supposed to be. She had so many thoughts racing thru her brain, she wished she could text with me. Although she also wished she could text with Dave.

Then Dave texted, Huh? Am I missing something?

I was not near my phone, and Julie knew that. What does she do? Should she even discuss this with Dave? She wanted to discuss it with someone. Then her practical side kicked in. This has bad outcomes written all over it, was her thought. It could ruin our marriage, ruin the friendships, it was a fun fantasy but there was no way it should really happen.

And just as quickly, she found herself wanting to text Dave and invite him over. Does she say something via text? Wait until he is here? Me being unavailable for 30 minutes was not fair, that was she thought towards me. She reread my text. Then again. I sounded serious and so very casual about it. And she started to get a little mad that I had read her texts. She started to use that anger to rationalize things. Then she realized, that was a bad idea. Anger was the one emotion that she could not bring to the table.

Finally, she realized it had been almost 30 minutes. She texted me.

I love you, and cheating on you would be wrong.

She decided that was the easy way to capture her swirling thoughts. She sat quietly and found her brain playing with other thoughts. It would be awkward. Dave would say no anyways. God, I need a good fuck. My text broke her out of these thoughts.

Not cheating. You have my support. Did you text Dave? You Should.

Julie said out loud, "Oh, easy for you to say from 500 miles away." Then in her head she continued the conversation, "hey, Dave, do you want to sleep with me, John said it was OK. Yeah, that is not going to happen."

No, not a good idea

The idea itself, or texting Dave?

Both. But I was talking about texting Dave

Because the real idea is a good one and you know it, thus texting Dave would be dangerous (in a good way)

He would just say that we were crazy

Perhaps, but that excuse means you want to. Text him, ask him!

Some desires should not be acted on. Too many potential bad outcomes

OK, desire is there. Thanks for admitting that. But with my support, outcome risk is low, and there are some really good potential outcomes too!

You are crazy. I can't text him

I will ask for you.I wanted her to know I was actually serious, and I knew she was frozen at the thought of asking. She is not a bold person, and that is what this would take.

Julie stared at my simple text. She could feel an answer bubbling up in her. It scared her, but excited her.

You really are crazy. Why this?

You deserve it. You both want it. I want it. Wins all around. So, should I text him?

The word was typed, but it took her almost five full minutes to hit send. I did not text. It was her decision, and I knew she was struggling with it. She erased the one word, and sent a different message.

What would you say?

There it was, that was a yes, or at least close to it. It was also a good question. Then I realized I had an easy answer.

Send him the first part of what I typed you. Add in that he would always be my friend regardless.

I sent the next text too. Should I text him?My wife was really good at avoiding answering a question, so I had learned over the years I needed to go back to the original question.

Julie was shaking and had a hard time sending it, but I received her answer. Yes

I immediately texted her back. I love you and am excited for you. Talk with him, make your decision, I will stay out of it. No pressure in any direction from me. Sending text in 2-3 minutes.

I cut and pasted the original message, and added a beginning and an end. My emotions and arousal were on hyperdrive. I was practically hyperventilating. But even with shaky hands I got it done. It was one of the long, fully formatted texts I was famous for.

Below is the completely real, unedited, and honest message I sent Julie 45 minutes ago. We have been talking about it. We agreed I should send this text.Simple version: She wants you. I am OK with it.

TEXT TO JULIE
First, it is entirely up to you and Dave, but I think it is time you consider acting on the obvious spark between the two of you. I would not be mad at all if you took advantage of the 2-week window to do more than measure windows. I have been a terrible husband (on many levels) and have peeked at your texts with him (I am sorry). You both want to, you never say it completely, but it is there, and I am telling you to go for it. You not only have my blessing, but you also have my encouragement. I am not asking you to end us, that is not at all my goal, I just want you to think about adding in Dave in non-typical way.I love you and want you to be happy on all levels and there is a level I obviously do not provide happiness on. Grab that with Dave, enjoy the shit out of 2-weeks, then when I get back, we can all talk about it and figure out what's next. I am serious. I love you always, and that would never change.

Always your friend regardless of where this goes. Text her, call her, get the ball rolling.I am not just OK with it, but hope it happens.

Upon completion, and reading it over at least five times, I realized I was no longer nervous. Aroused as hell, but no longer scared. I was excited about getting these two together. I hit send. I then immediately texted Julie that I sent him a message. She responded a few minutes later.

Dave in route, last chance to change your mind.

Holy fuck! They moved fast. They must have immediately texted and agreed. A few seconds later I got one from Dave. Do you want me to turn around? I will. Otherwise, I am taking you up on your offer.

grizzley123
grizzley123
1,212 Followers