A Simple Act of Kindness

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You need to get over yourself," she giggled, "I'm older than you are so; you'll always be a little shit as far as I'm concerned."

"That's right," I laughed, "You are older than me, which means you ought to be ready to start receiving your social security benefits before too much longer, huh?"

"Piss off, ass wipe," she grinned, also leaning down and kissing me on the cheek, "Seriously though, how're you really doing?"

"I'm doing a lot better," I smiled, taking my sister's hand and holding firmly onto it, "They took me to the Physical Therapy room today where I got to lift some weights; and according to my therapist, she said that I did extremely well for the first day."

"Aw, that's great," Laura tenderly replied, tears beginning to fill her eyes, "I've been real worried about you, Baby Brother."

"I'm okay, pretty girl," I gently told her, kissing the back of her hand, "There's no need to be so upset."

"I know," Laura quietly sniffled, "But you're the only baby brother I've got, and it would kill me if something happened to you."

"Nothing's going to happen to me," I smiled, "Besides; M.J. is really looking out for me."

"That's what I hear," Amy said, "So, tell us about your new girlfriend, Squirt. Is she pretty?"

"Oh, man," I smiled, "She's the prettiest girl I've ever seen."

"Even prettier than me?" Amy teased, because I'd had a crush on her when I was thirteen years old, "So, I guess I'm not your girlfriend any more then, huh?"

"Nah," I smiled, taking Amy's hand and kissing it, "You'll always be my first love, Amy, but M.J. is the woman I want to spend the rest of my life with."

"Damn," Amy smiled, "I guess I waited too late, huh?"

"Sorry darlin," I grinned, "But you know what they say; if you snooze, you lose."

"Believe it or not, I was going to ask you out on a date when you got out of here," she seriously replied, "And who knows, you might've even gotten lucky, too."

"Now you tell me," I chuckled, "Oh, well, I guess I'll never know, now, will I?"

"Maybe when you get out of here we can get together for a night of fun," Amy winked, "You know, sort of last time fling before you give your heart away to this girl that you want to spend the rest of your life with."

"Have you lost your mind, Amy?" Laura replied, a look of pure shock written across her face, "That's my little brother you're talking about."

"Relax, Laura," I smiled, and then I looked at Amy and told her, "The thing is, I've already given my heart to her; and there is no way that I'll ever let her go. Besides; you don't know about all of the shit she had to go through before things between us came to be the way they are now. While I appreciate the offer, Amy, which, eight months ago, I would've gladly taken you up on, but I can't do it now, because it would literally destroy what I have with M.J. And I'm not going to risk that for anything so; please try to understand, okay, Amy?"

"It's okay, sweetie," she softly replied, and then took my face into her hands and softly kissed my lips, "I guess it wasn't meant to be, but just so you know, Kyle; I'll always have a special place for you in my heart...always."

"Thanks, Amy," I smiled, gently hugging her, "It honors me that a woman as beautiful as you would even consider taking me into her arms, much less her heart."

"Oh please," Laura giggled, "You are so full of shit that your breath stinks, Kyle."

"You shut up, Laura," I grinned, "You're just jealous because guys don't pay any attention to you at all," of course I knew better, but I never missed an opportunity to give my sister a verbal jab here and there.

"I think you know better than that," she smirked, "I can have any guy that I want. I choose not to, because I happen to be picky and don't want just anyone."

"I understand," I gently smiled, taking her hand and pulling her close enough to me that I could place my arm around her waist, "And you should be picky, big sister. I love you, and seeing you unhappy is that last thing I'd ever want to see."

"You are a charmer, aren't you?" she sweetly smiled, again leaning down and kissing my cheek, "And I love you, too, little brother; don't ever forget that, okay?"

"I know you do, pretty girl," I smiled, "That's another reason why I want to get out of here as soon as possible. Because if anyone ever hurts my sister, that's it, they'll be forced to deal with me, and you know how I am about the people I love."

"I sure do, baby brother," she softly replied, "And I'm glad that you've got my back."

"I'll always have your back, Sis," I smiled, "Don't ever forget that, okay?"

Laura and Amy hadn't been in my room for more than thirty minutes when all of a sudden I heard the one voice that will always bring me peace.

"Hi, sweetie," M.J. tenderly cooed, walking into my room and sitting right next to me on my bed, "I heard some really good things about you a few minutes ago."

"What's wrong?" I teased, "I don't get a kiss?"

"Of course you do," she giggled, and then placed her soft lips against mine, affectionately kissing me and not caring who saw her either, "I've missed you."

"I missed you, too," I gently replied, "Now, what did you hear about me?"

"I talked to Sarah Brewer in Physical Therapy when I first got here," M.J. elatedly smiled, "She told me that you did wonderfully in P.T. today, and I wanted to tell you how proud of you that I am."

"I want you to be proud of me," I told her, placing both of my arms around her, "And what you think of me means the world to me."

"Wow, Laura was right," Amy teased, "You've got it bad, Squirt."

"Oh, shut up," I grinned, "M.J., sweetie, I take it you know Amy already?"

"Yes, I remember you from school," M.J. politely replied, "Hi, Amy, My name is..."

"I know who you are, M.J., honey," Amy sweetly grinned, "And let me tell you what an absolutely beautiful woman I think you grew up to be."

"Thank you," M.J. meekly smiled, "I used to look like..."

"Stop that, right now," Laura tenderly said, gently interrupting her, "You'll never be that person again, and from the looks of things, you're going to be my baby sister one of these days, and I think you're beautiful, we love you; and that's all that matters. Do you hear me, sweetie?"

"Thank you, Laura," M.J. quietly sniffled, as Laura came to her and put her arms around her, "I can't begin to tell you what I'm feeling right now; and believe me when I tell you, it's a feeling that I never thought that I'd ever know."

"Aw, that's okay, sweetheart," Laura soothed her, and then began to impishly giggle, "Besides, my baby brother can be a real shithead sometimes so; you're going to need my help when it comes time for you to kick his little ass."

"Is that right?" M.J. giggled, "Well, then, I guess you'll be hearing from me real soon, Sis."

"Ooo, can I help?" Amy teased, "You'll have to let me tell you about when he used to have a crush on me when he was a teenager, M.J."

"Oh, really," M.J. knowingly grinned at me, "I want to hear all about that."

"Alright, that's enough," I chuckled, playfully glaring at Laura and Amy, "I don't need you two corrupting my girlfriend any more than you already have."

"Chill out, Kyle," Amy giggled, reaching over and tweaking my nose, "You know that we're only teasing you, ya big baby."

"I know," I leered, "And I've got your big baby. Just ask my girlfriend."

"Kyle Hendrickson," M.J. gasped, "What a terrible thing to say."

"Aw hell, girl," Laura giggled, "Don't pay him any mind, we never did. Besides, he's always had a nasty mouth."

"That's only because I had you two as influences," I chuckled, gently kissing M.J.'s hand, "Don't listen to those two, baby; they're more full of shit than I am."

"You guys are awful," M.J. began to laugh; "I know that you don't talk to each other like that in front of your parents."

"No, they don't," Mom playfully grinned, surprising all of us as she and Dad stood in the doorway of my room, "Kyle and Laura know that I'll wash their mouths out with soap, and that means you, too, Miss Amy Price."

"Hi, Mom," Amy giggled, rushing over to hugs my parents, "You, too, Dad."

"Hi, Mister and Missus Hendrickson," M.J. said, "It's good to see you; and Kyle is doing so well this evening."

"Hello, M.J." Mom smiled, hugging her, "How're you doing this evening, sweetheart?"

"I'm doing well; thank you for asking," M.J. sweetly replied, "You guys should be very proud of your son. He made remarkable progress in physical therapy today."

"That's good," Mom encouragingly replied, smiling at me, "Listen to her, honey, and you'll be out of here in no time."

"Believe me, I am," I replied, "I want to get out of here yesterday."

"Tell her about you and M.J., Kyle, "Laura giggled, "They're in love, Mom."

"Tell me something I don't know," Mom grinned, "And stop trying to embarrass your brother, Laura."

"Way to go, Mom," I chuckled, "Don't take any shit."

"The same thing goes for you, too, boy," Mom said, looking at me over the top of her glasses, "It's a good thing that you're in here, because you know what I'd do if you weren't," and of course the banter between me, Mom and Laura made M.J. delightfully giggle.

"You need to see right now what you're getting yourself into, M.J." Dad teased, placing his arm around her, which made her brightly smile as she laid her head back against Dad's shoulder, "Especially if you're going to take up with the likes of Kyle."

"Stop trying to flirt with my girlfriend, Dad," I grinned, "Not only will Mom kick your ass, but she's way too young for you."

"I could do a whole lot worse, Kyle, my love," M.J. teased, "Besides, who do you think that you get it from?"

"Thadda girl, M.J." Mom smiled, pulling her into her arms, "Don't take any shit...you'll fit quite nicely into this family.

"Come on, you guys," I playfully fought back, "Are you here to visit me, or torment me?"

"What's the difference?" Mom and Laura simultaneously replied, the both of them giggling like schoolgirls.

"Damn," I grinned, "It looks like I'm really in for it now."

"Honey boy," Mom quipped smiling, "You're like your father...you've always been in for it. You were just too blinded by the beauty around you to see it."

"Jeez, gimme a break," I laughed, grabbing Mom's hand and pulling her to me to hug her, "Now who's full of it."

"Shut up," Mom delightfully chirped, then leaned over and kissed me on the cheek, "You handsome little shit."

"Seriously though, M.J.," Dad finally asked, "How's Kyle really doing?"

"He's doing quite well," she proudly grinned, and then returned to my side and took my hand while sitting next to me on the bed, "His physical therapist told me that he exceeded her expectations when she put him through the initial rigors of his P.T. regimen earlier this morning, and that he's very willing and does everything she asks of him."

"Way to go, kid," Dad happily grinned, "Keep up the good work, son, and you'll be walking again in no time."

"Is that right?" I asked, "What's today?"

"Today is Thursday," he replied, "Why do you ask?"

"Because," I chuckled, "I'll bet you that I'm up and walking by a week from tomorrow, are you in?"

"Dad reached into his wallet and then after pulling out two twenty dollar bills and two five dollar bills, he laid them onto my bed and cockily laughed and told me, "Put your money where your mouth is, kid, because you're on."

"Would you bring me my wallet out of my closet over there?" I asked M.J., "It's on the bottom shelf, next to my shoes."

And after she retrieved it for me, I pulled out a fifty dollar bill, laid it down on top of Dad's money, and then handed it to M.J, and said, "Please hold this money for me, because Dad and I have a bet going."

"You might want to reconsider, sweetie," M.J. told me, "Because I honestly don't think that you'll be ready that soon."

"Do you love me?" I asked her, looking her right in the eyes.

"Come on, Kyle," she replied, "I think you know the answer to that question."

"Then I trust that you'll help me do whatever it takes to be able to walk then," I quietly smiled, "And just so you know, baby, I've never once doubted your love for me, okay?"

"I know," she softly replied, fear clearly written across her face, "I'll help you in any way I can, but I'm not going to let you permanently cripple yourself over fifty dollars, and that's final."

"She's right," Mom said, glaring at my father, "You two need to put an end to this shit right now, both of you, dammit."

"Bull shit," Dad laughed, "Kyle has never failed at anything he's put his mind to, and he's not going to fail with this. I know in my heart that he won't."

"Did you not hear what M.J. just said?" Mom disbelievingly asked my Dad, her eyes beginning to fill with tears, as terror began to wash across her face "He could be in that damn wheelchair for the rest of his life if he pushes himself too hard."

"I know my own son, and he's not going to fail," Dad said, challengingly staring into my eyes, "Are you, Kyle?"

"You're damn right," I plainly replied, not breaking the stare, "And you're going to lose your money."

"If he gets crippled over this, I'll leave you," Mom told Dad, who was still staring into my eyes, while I stared right back, not batting so much as an eyelash, "And I wont be coming back."

"Are you crazy, Kyle?" Laura began to cry, Amy crying alongside of her, "You'll never walk again if you go through with this shit."

"Either you're behind me, or not," I merely replied, still not breaking Dad's stare, who was now passing his energy and strength to me, simply by looking into my eyes.

I could feel the hair standing on end all over my whole body, while Mom, Laura, Amy and now M.J. were nothing more than silent observers as my father spiritually passed onto me a part of himself that day, purely, wholly, physically and fully.

~~~~~~

That evening after I'd eaten my dinner, which I'd once again fed to myself with no trouble at all, M.J. took me back to the pool again. This time I worked with everything I had. And yes, I felt some pain, but nowhere near enough to keep me from completing the difficult task at hand. That was also the day I first began to feel my legs start to actually strengthen, and my muscles toughen beneath me as I stood, unassisted, for the first time, barely standing, but still standing none the less.

And when I was finished in the pool, M.J. and I made love to one another again; only this time, she lay atop of me on the softly padded floor; moving her tight pussy up and down my cock while she pressed her body all along the length of mine, save for where we were joined. And there, she wrapped her legs around mine to hold me in place while we stared into one another's souls.

"I love you, Kyle," M.J. panted, once I had released my seed into her as we reached our climaxes at the same time, "God, how I love you."

"I know you do," I smiled, this time being more than able to put my arms around her, and tightly hold her against me, "I love you, too, and I always will, baby, please believe me when I tell you this."

"I believe you, my love," she softly replied, "But I'm really afraid for you, too, Kyle...really afraid."

"What're you afraid of?" I chuckled, "Do you actually think I'm going to cripple myself over fifty bucks?"

"But what about the bet you made with your father?" she bewilderedly asked, "And your Mom; what about that stuff she threatened your Dad with? You know; she said she would leave him."

"My mother is never going to leave my father," I smiled, "What you saw earlier was my father's way of motivating me. He knows I'm not going to risk being chained to a wheelchair for the rest of my life."

"So, all of that shit between you and your father was just for show," she asked, raising her body off of me, beginning to get angry, "You scared the shit out of me, dammit."

"Easy, baby," I gently replied, "I didn't mean to make you mad, I swear."

"You don't listen very well," she suddenly began to giggle, making her tits jiggle against my chest while her beautiful rubbery nipples scraped my skin, "You didn't make me mad, you asshole; you scared me, dammit."

"I love it when you talk dirty," I teased her; "You should do that more often."

"Oh, shut up," she giggled, "Your sister is right about you...you really are a smart ass."

"Maybe so," I softly replied, "But nobody will ever love you more than me, baby...I swear."

~~~~~~

That night in my room, M.J. leaned against me as I held her while we watched the television together.

"There's something I need to ask you, Kyle," M.J. quietly told me, "But you have to promise me that you won't get mad, alright?"

"Don't be silly," I said, "Have I ever gotten mad at you for anything?"

"No," she sweetly replied, "You haven't."

"So, what is it that you wanted to ask me?" I inquired

"Where do we go once you get out of here Kyle?" M.J. quietly asked.

"That's easy," I grinned, "I finish school and then you and I get married. Does that answer your question?"

"So; do you really want to marry me?" she asked, an excited look washing across her beautiful face, as her eyes danced like candles, "That wasn't just the Demerol talking?"

"I told you the first time," I tenderly replied, "I love you, baby, I guess I always have and now I always will."

Suddenly I felt sick at my stomach, and I began to belch, tasting almonds as I did so, and I barely had the chance to tell M.J. what was going on, before I passed out. The last thing I remember, was M.J. hitting the emergency call button on the wall before my vision went totally white, kind of like being in a snow storm, only I wasn't cold.

Then I felt my spirit being lifted out of my body, and I could clearly see a team of nurses and doctors bringing a crash cart into my room. They placed a hard board beneath my body as M.J. began to do CPR compressions on my chest.

Then I watched below me as they warmed up the defibrillator while a man who I assumed was a doctor held the paddles in his hands. Suddenly he placed the paddles against my chest, and I heard him yell, "CLEAR", and then I saw my body go rigid.

All at once my vision went completely black, and I felt darkness all around me, the same darkness as before when I was in the coma, but this time I could feel the temperature dropping, making me shiver in the deep, dark cold.

Suddenly, somewhere off in the distance, I saw a brilliant light coming toward me, and it was the most beautiful light that I had ever seen. I could try and describe what it looked like, only I can't remember. I also heard the most beautiful music I've ever heard, and again, I could try and describe what it sounded like, but I can't remember.

When I made it to the light, I immediately felt it bathing me in pure warmth, love and compassion, and although I wore no clothes, I felt neither ashamed, nor self-conscious. And as I stood in the light, I knew that every answer to every question that I'd ever had existed right there within this same beautiful light.

However, before I could ask, a kindly old man dressed in something long, white, and brilliant approached me. He was walking with the use of a cane and while he seemed very familiar to me, I knew that I'd never seen him before. I still smiled when he came face to face with me.

"Hello, Kyle," he kindly replied, "You know that you're not supposed to be here yet, don't you?"

"I don't know," I honestly replied, "Where am I?"

"You're not supposed to know that either," he chuckled, gently patting my shoulder, making me realize that I was indeed standing," Let me ask you, my son; do you love her?"

"Yes, sir," I told him, knowing that he was talking about, M.J. yet not knowing how I knew, "I love her more than anything I've ever known."

"Would you give your life for her, or even me for that matter?"