All Comments on 'A Simple Case of Infidelity'

by carvohi

Sort by:
  • 291 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
read to the end

It wasn't a pleasant read. My overall reaction can be summarized in the sentence:

"Was I really that stupid? That blind? Was I that naive?"

I had a hard time sympathizing with the protagonist, Francis. Maybe it's the way he was written .. more likely the way the story was told from his point of view, and all in retrospect. Told from the perspective of someone who already feels shattered, not yet recovered.

From the beginning he came across as someone trapped in a deep pit of self-pity. The story ends there. If that was your purpose, well done. But it wasn't a pleasant read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
nobodies fault but your own that you didn't nuke her when you had the chance

sometimes revenge IS the best policy. at least the scales would have been balanced.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Not erotic

Whiny story. Neither erotic nor any fun at all. Pointless.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Really kind of rambled all over the place.

No emotion, characters not very convincing; for as long as it took you to write this I would have thought you'd put some human emotions in it. I gave it a 3 and that's being generous.

SEVERUSMAXSEVERUSMAXabout 9 years ago
Sorry, this did nothing for me.

A man wallowing in his despair and not moving on with his life. Sure, it hurts and that's normal, healthy, even. I'm not denying that. Nor is BTB (bitch or bastard) necessarily always the best policy. But what is the best policy is to move ahead and accept things in life, take a few chances and move on. Why not Venica, huh? Why shouldn't Francis have gone for the woman who really cared about him instead of that self-absorbed, narcissistic hypocrite who accused him while being guilty herself?

But to be fair, carvohi sadly captured how some folks do handle this....weakly, passively, and with despair. People really do wallow in self-pity and achieve nothing until something or someone gives them the necessary swift kick in the ass. Just doesn't have to be everyone, as he seems to suggest.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Pathetic

I guess you werechannelling your feminen side when you created your girly man forestry clown. I kept expecting to hear Monty Python's "(... He's a lumberjack...)

I cut down trees, I skip and jump

I love to press wild flow'rs

I put on women's clothing

And hang around in bars..."

Hell, I'd have done the same thing to him if I were her. He's a niave wuss.

But hey, I'm really happy he could channel all those nice fuzzy female feelings he was having for most of the story.

single star

PS: Yeah, it was so terrible that I did resort to skimming through the pathetic parts.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
somebody did win

the kids got rid of a person not fit to raise a dog.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Good to read a story from a real man, with real feelings.

It was good to read a story that doesn't go for all the stupid macho posturing of the revenge stuff on here. A real man in the real world needs to have more emotions than just rage, and this story runs through some of them.

Well done man!

tazz317tazz317about 9 years ago
WHATS AN HONEST, LOYAL, TRUE BLUE HUSBAND TO DO

One Word LIVE---up to your own expectations, TK U MLJ LV NV

sugnasugnaabout 9 years ago
One of your better ones! 5

This is one of the more realistic stories I have read with the exception of her playing him and denying the whole thing. The kids denying it also was a stretch. Kids tend to be idealists at that age. They would have been unlikely to have gotten on board with their mother. They would have believed their father and hated their mother. As far as them recording their father, why? That was a stretch and not logical. It seems she was a spoiled rich girl that got board of her middle class family. Her rejection of her husband was also a rejection of her middle class children. They would have felt that. There is never enough made of the effects on children when one of their parents cheats on them. Yes, they are cheated too. By harming their father, she harmed them. She divided their loyalties. What is interesting and not really pounded home is that betrayal such as this can never be forgive. It is impossible because there is no way to make amends for it. Jesus can forgive the sin, but this is not about sin. It is about real harm. It is the equivalent of shooting someone through the heart and asking them to forgive you as they die. Kind of silly, right? Cheating is always planned to one degree or another. Therefor it is premeditated and done coldly and calculatedly. They fact that it is concealed is proof of that. The idea that a man cannot live without his unloving wife is ridiculous. Whether he goes out and finds a better woman to love or whether he stays single and enjoys life itself is up to him. In this case, I would think that his children's actions call into question their loyalty and the future of his continued relationship with them after they are on their own. I certainly would not be happy by their behavior and would call them on it. Truth is the only way. Lies are an infection and always result in more suffering for both sides of the lie.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
for me I have to get to the root of the situation

Husbands think they can MAKE the wife Forget their old loves... Normally the first love.. It never happens. The past lovers keep popping up. Sometimes not the husband's nor wife's doing... It is as if wife and old Boyfriend were meant to be... The longer the marriage, the more intense... stop and think fellows..

zed0zed0about 9 years ago
Pretty Lame

You really are a man hating bitch aren't you!

sugnasugnaabout 9 years ago
Revenge

"The kids hear from her every now and then. They tell me she's dating, but there's no one in particular."

They were not divorced yet, she had broken up with the boyfriend and it had been less than a year since it had all started. Kind of moving fast, huh?

She clearly did not, and probably never loved her husband. He was just a vehicle to get away from her family and play middle class for a while.

Revenge? What for? They had a marriage. If the kids were genetically his, then she had at least served the function of a breeding bitch for him. The divorce wouldn't hurt him too much, he didn't have much to lose. Apparently, she never loved him so he never lost her love. He may have loved her but loving another person is a reward in itself. Revenge, venting your anger and frustration can be good for you. The trick is to do it carefully and appropriately. The best thing to do as always, it to simply tell the truth. In that regard, the best revenge might be to make sure that all interested parties are fully aware of the subjects true lack of character. It might be good to let any future love interests and their friends and families know exactly what kind of a person they are getting involved with. The truth is the truth and everyone has a right to it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
normally a btb fan

But you hit all the emotions and turmoil that occur when cheating occurs. I believe she was not mature enough to enter into the marriage and I blame her and HER PARENTS FOR THIS DEBACLE. Be mindful that we haven't heard her side.

On another note, I will wonder how her parents will feel if she becomes an alcoholic or have the notoriety of being y the town slut. Hmmmm m mirror mirror on the wall

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Easily a one star.

And I, too, believe you hate men.

javmor79javmor79about 9 years ago
I like the story.

I don't understand why people are saying that the author is a man hating bitch. Why do stories always have to end with the wife living a life of destitute and the man running away with a hot woman half his age? When marriages break it is an ugly thing. No one wins. At least in real life. This story reflected that. No one won in this split. She was sad. He was sad. That is real life. If this author is a man hating bitch, then so is the universe. This story rings more true than the Jason Statham like husbands that I read about in the BTB tales or the poor wimpy guy that just takes the cheating in the Cuckold tales. I liked this story and I gave it a five.

gara5289gara5289about 9 years ago
liked it

Felt this was more in line with how real life works out. More often then not you don't get that man or woman half your age who suddenly pops up to prop you up when you discover your cheating spouse. Generally it just hurts, you, the partner and your kids.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
get real

get real, his wife could be replaced. the skinny women would have been

good to him. they almost got there before they backed off. you made him into

a lost sole. the wife was a problem , she is gone. life goes on. divorce her.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Great Story, Carvorhi

I enjoyed it. It was true to life in terms of sadness and the turmoil for the spouses, and the kids too. I enjoyed the new twist you gave it with her denying everything and trying to convince him that he was wrong, and the children's too, as they try to hold the marriage together. You did that part very well.

Thank you for writing and entertaining us, and I include the detractors in that. They just can't stop reading your contributions. It's a pat on the back coming from them, in a screwed up way. But their screwed up anyways.

I look forward to more of your writings.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
the woman is a lying slut, let him grow up and divorce the manipulator

he needs a real affair with the neighbor if he can grow balls

spredmspredmabout 9 years ago
Real

This story could have been written about my Ex wife sounds just like her changing everything around to make me think I was losing it while she was banging her lover

LeFrog08LeFrog08about 9 years ago
a sad tale

where the good guy did not win....

this story was not to my liking, sorry.

but, then, I usually prefer a BTB ending...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
ok

There is nothing interesting about this story, just a miserable read.

No real reason to read or write it.

WriteOnGuyWriteOnGuyabout 9 years ago
Well - at least you did warn us!

I'm sure as hell happy for you that you are writing for yourself! Because, you sure as hell aren't writing for the readers, like me, who suffered through these 5 pages waiting for some sort of conclusion. Did I miss something? What was the point? I'm taking nothing away from this story - except maybe not to read another one written by you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
longer epilogue

Is what I want

NexttimeroundNexttimeroundabout 9 years ago
The author

is a man. Why do people say he is a man hating bitch? I agree with Javmore. I thought it was a sad and probably realistic tale. So easy to be an armchair machoman.

cpetecpeteabout 9 years ago
Sad as it was more to real life

then most tales. The author had the hubby stuck in one of 7 stages of grief-somewhere between disbelief, but not yet acceptance.

Thanks for the story

TwentysevenTwentysevenabout 9 years ago
Excellent

Another thoughtful, sensitive story. I always look forward to reading your work. Ignore the immature halfwits who infest this place.

Richie4110Richie4110about 9 years ago
Another good story line

This was good as far as it went. The lack of closure left me wanting. This one could use a follow up.

Thanks for sharing your talent.

NexttimeroundNexttimeroundabout 9 years ago
I should add...

Bringing up two teenage kids to the endgame (graduation) that we got at the end of the tale is no easy task. People who say he should "grow a pair etc" perhaps don't realise what a colossal achievement that would be for a working man even with parental help. Perhaps more of the mundane detail could have been included, at the risk, I suppose, of being boring or turning it into a diary or soap-opera -- for the sake of reality.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
good story and a reallife tale of sadness

I gave you a5 because your story moved me.

hermie55hermie55about 9 years ago
5 stars for sure

Very nice and entertaining as well!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
He was that stupid. That blind. That naive.

And why was she telling Francis to go home? That his Mom and Dad would love him? I think he knew he married WAY outside his pay grade. I think her parents got her a good attorney and she got custody. After all, what Judge would think that living in a cabin in the woods would be better for children than living in a great house in Baltimore and going to the finest schools. He will get bull dozed in the divorce. His pictures mean nothing. All they show is her greeting an old friend and going out to lunch with him. So he has nothing. He's toast. Sorry, but this wasn't one of your better stories. They were just too mismatched to make for a believable story. The whole thing was just too implausible and he was simply a simpering piece of milk toast. The two main characters were thoroughly unlikeable people. Their kids weren't exactly good people either. And they would have chosen to go with her, no doubt. And since you decided to leave this unfinished, I can't give it a good score. Maybe next time.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Really sad. You're such a better writer than this. What a load of crap.

What was with all the convoluted meandering contemplative bullshit? And she was the perfect wife and mother, until the old boyfriend came along? And her children have been raised by this psychotic split personality harpie, but they are OK and normal, except that they lie to their dad to preserve a sham marriage and protect a cheating whore wife? Oh, it was her parent's influence? But he just sucked up to them and never had it out with his wife about the disrespectful parents? And they hated him enough to facilitate her adultery, not thinking that they might be alienating their grandchildren and ruining their daughters life? And he schleps around ignorant and clueless as she enters and continues her affair? And it takes him months to decide to find out what's going on?

Hey, this dumb shit deserves every bit of disrespect, adultery, and humiliation he got, is getting, and will continue to get when he finally takes her back and eats Richard's cum out of her ass, who she is continuing to fuck.

And you should think twice before you write such 4th grade fantasies for an adult audience. What a load of crap!

bogusguybogusguyabout 9 years ago
interesting story

5 stars

impo_60impo_60about 9 years ago
Pleaseeeeeeee...

Pleaseeeeeeee...I can accept he loved very much the wife, that the children wanted their family together again, but what she did was way too much to be acceptable: 1st - cheated for years; 2nd - put the name of the lover to their son, thinking he was the lover's son; 3rd - She tryed to make him look like a paranoid, that imagined things and thought they were real; 4th - Tryed to make him look like a cheater, using the children for that; 5th - never stop seeing and being with the lover. These are some of the inexcusable things she did!!! I also can accept he didn't try to get revenge, but any man would at least divorce her as soon as he found out...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
WHAT A SAP

whining and crying,give me a break.step up and put the big boy drawers on.

SplitAcesSplitAcesabout 9 years ago
Totally incomprehensible

Some guy's stealing his wife and he does nothing about it! This does not compute. Ok, he's a little guy... So what; there are ways to compensate. Don't care what you say, this guy's pathetic, a pitiful excuse for a man.

LVGirlLVGirlabout 9 years ago
Another Gem

Wonderful as always.

Kiddo1001Kiddo1001about 9 years ago
WTF

Bottom of the barrel

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
not your best

I gave it a 3. That man was stupid. No one can be that dumb.

MCPO Jim

Tim413413Tim413413about 9 years ago
This was not one this

author's best. It was also longer than necessary. Too many things were repeated - almost always in a slightly different way. Too many unnecessary paragraphs that did not add anything to the story. His kids were not believable - they really installed the camera? No mention of Leslie not wanting custody of the kids?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
I enjoyed it.

Very well written. I enjoyed the play between the stories main components, and while it played on the human wanting to be needed. It didn't become cliche of wimp husband getting walked all over. No one truly wins in the matters of lost or losing love. Again very well written my friend.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Very realistic story, sad...

Thanks for the story, It was realistic and sad, but far more reflective of reality.

HansTrimbleHansTrimbleabout 9 years ago
At last . . .

. . . a good story with a hero who's real! He's not six foot ten, he doesn't have six pack abs or arms that can bend railroad rails or a penis like a softball bat! He can be outsmarted and out maneuvered, and he's riddled with self-doubt.

A marriage undermined by infidelity, and the struggle to do something about it, remind me of a small nation going to war against a neighbor. In the end nobody wins; one side just loses less than the other, and the long term effects won't be known until years later.

I think you've just written one of the best infidelity stories I've read, and on this website we've got thousands to choose from. This is definitely more true to life than most. Good job!

SuddenThunderSuddenThunderabout 9 years ago
The perpetual victim and willing cuck

I ended up hating the protagonist and loathing the wife. He is a world class loser and let's her roll all over him. The literotica convention of caving until you have proof is tiring and the failure of the flash drive should not have diverted him from getting resolved right there or taking direct action to get out.

Leslie is evil but must have been evil their entire married life just in different ways.

All in all a wasted read. I used to kinda like carvohi's stuff. Now it's just sad with comic book characters and storylines.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
great story

I loved the fact that I know the area you wrote about, made things more realistic. I do believe some of this story happened to you. I went through the same thing, so this story hit home for me. To the person who said that men arent that stupid, I didnt feel stupid. I was and am that caring guy who loved his family and wife. I was so involved with all my kid's activities, that I wasn't paying attention to what my snake in the grass ex wife was doing. In the end my story ends like this one, my kid's dont bother with her and after 8 yrs she is still bouncing from man to man. Karma has come around and bit her in the ass.

Keep up the great work, your a great writer

fifteen16fifteen16about 9 years ago
Sad

Sad and so real, what she did and his reaction is probably more realistically portrayed here than in most stories. He sought evidence but did not confirm his proof before confronting her, he lost the initiative not that it mattered in the long the run the outcome was inevitable. It's a mistake to live in a state of limbo, they were from different backgrounds and the non acceptance of him by her family would have been apparent even before marriage. A problem like that needs to be met head on, big arguments to clear the air, or not, long before marriage. Good story..

carvohicarvohiabout 9 years agoAuthor
I'll leave a comment; just one.

Some of these anonymous remarks are incredible.

First, this is a story; it reflects nothing about me or my views. The personal attacks are just too stupid.

Do these anons ever look for a theme?

Chekhov wrote a short story titled "How Much Land Does a Man Need." A farmer could claim as much land as he could cover on foot in a day. Well he covered too much and dropped dead from a heart attack. The theme is pretty obvious. I'm afraid these anons would be assailing Chekhov as an asshole; 'the farmer should have known when to stop, blah, blah, blah...

Check this: the Germans murdered 6,000,000 Jews. Oh, I suppose this is proof all Jews are stupid and cowardly because they should have known and fought back. Yeah right.

Second, a mechanical concern, I thought this story had been at first rejected because there are references to animals. Remember the family cuddling with their five dogs in the cold cabin, and Francis pretending to be Yogi Bear. Literotica doesn't allow references to animals, and I've changed the story; it might reappear with a slightly different name and without the cuddling dogs or Yogi Bear.

Third, this story does need a sequel. I can see that based on the comments. I am prepared to write it, but I suppose there'll have to be some time and technology modifications.

I want to thank the people who read what I write and give honest comments, good or ill.

overthehillmedicoverthehillmedicabout 9 years ago
Once again a great read.

But please... This needs another chapter or one written by her perspective. What she is going through, what happened to her boy toy and what she now feels about the whole debacle. ALSO PLEASE one more chapter to revelations. ... Did she kill herself or her aspect of the days after she was discovered. Did she try to collect insurance money having him declared dead.??

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
From Duna

Carvohy I will not read your story (I read the preface). I think many ex husband got even, when they found the true (second or third) mate who were better wives than the before...............

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
carvohi, some of your comments make sense, others dont relate at all

the Jews did fight back in some cases, in Poland they fought, they lost of course since no one helped them, but they did not go off in cattle cars patiently waiting to be butchered. The husband in this story was a weak, indecisive, wimp of a man. His own children betrayed him not once but twice. How did she find the camera in the room at the motel, how did she find the GPS in her car, what other spying was she doing. Personally after finding out the children betrayed me, the greatest harm she could have done to the slut of a wife, was let her have the kids to raise. So he is still married to her, and she is still betraying the marriage and fucking multiple men, how is that really and ending. Where is the wife's child support? You end this rambling with no ending, time for FTDS to walk in and take control, the rich blonde exboyfriend with the black Lexus needs a fitting end, surely a forester in the wilderness can find him a permanent home. If you cant take the heat from your readers, whether they use fake names or not, don't put such incomplete stories out there.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Good answer

Briteasy "We Need To Talk - Take It or Leave" is a humorous satyric answer to this perface. How could a husband get even with a cheating wife..............

bruce22bruce22about 9 years ago
Excellent Story

Very well done and very tragic from his point of view. For me, her trying to convince that it was all in her head was the deadline to any hope of fixing things up. Personally my emotions would have got the better of much earlier. His almost catching them in the house should have scared her witless.

Samhain8415Samhain8415about 9 years ago
Her story

You might think about a story from her side, details of how long it had been going on, for once some of us wanna know. I gave it 4 stars

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanabout 9 years ago
Good start, anti-climatic ending

At the end of it, all the evidence he had was 3 photos taken in public. Too much build up, too little finale.

KarenEKarenEabout 9 years ago
Blah.

She carries on an affair, treats him like a moron when he confronts her, tries to frame HIM for an affair.

Then, when he confronts her with the truth, suddenly she can't live without him?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
An odd story

I believe we all realize, if we saw our spouse doing something such as Leslie did and confronted her, only to have her plead innocence/stupidity, we'd toss her ass out at that moment. None of us would have put up with that crap. Nor would my wife.

RePhilRePhilabout 9 years ago
Very weak ending

I guess you got irked. That's cool us readers need to understand that you guys write for other reasons than a single readers enjoyment. Give us more please

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Weak ending

A good story. Don't agree with other folk who think she would have been thrown out. She was a great Mom and they had great sex. I think the story just petered out with a very unsatisfactory ending.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Well he loved she loved her old lifestyle.

It was a good story with a sad ending. She have to be a pro actor to get this far with her deception. Why did she deny him the truth .if she wanted another life style. She was a cheater and he was weak , he should. Have been harder on her and mr wonderful needed a good beating for playing around with a married women. Some strong retribution for her . But life throws yes some-curve balls. And we are all wired differently.

bassraybassrayabout 9 years ago
Good down to earth story

I liked it. I experienced a similar thing. I can understand not looking for a problem and having the wool pulled over your eyes. I hurts like hell when you find out. The things we had together are lost and gone. The good times are now tainted. Our life together was a lie. What a shame. I have to forgive her and remain friendly for me to be happy. I am happy.

Benedict12Benedict12about 9 years ago
He warned us

In fairness to Carvohi he did warn us. In his prologue he said this was a story in which a happy home was destroyed. Since he doesn't usually write those type of tales I hoped he was joking. He wasn't. The protagonist - a decent hard working man-ends up a lonely abandoned figure betrayed by almost everyone he cared about. This may well be reality but I turn to fiction,particularly by writers as talented as Carvohi,to experience a better world. I hope this story is not a harbinger of the themes he plans to explore in the future.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago

Thanks for a very enjoyable read. Up to your usual high standards.

I agree, that you need a sequel. Or at least that I would enjoy one. I would like to know three things:

Why did Leslie marry him?

Did she ever cheat before?

What happened that got her back with the boyfriend, Richard?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Need a sequel.

What did Leslie do with her life after going home? It appears that, although she seemed to go off the rails for a while, she wanted to remain married to our narrater. The confrontation scenes suggested that she had a split personality, cunning and cruel, then remorseful and loving.

Does he ever confront her parents about their enabling their daughter's adultery, or even encouraging it?

Come on C, don't leave us all hanging.

tazz317tazz317about 9 years ago
THERE IS ALWAYS A WINNER

and a not so lost loser. TK U MLJ LV NV

Jaguar56Jaguar56about 9 years ago
sequel

Would be nice to see a sequel

Very good story

sdc97230sdc97230about 9 years ago
His unhappiness is his own fault

If he isn't going to be able to scrub the cheating wife out of his life and move on, he might as well just shut up and smile as he eats the creampies she wants to feed him.

fisheronefisheroneabout 9 years ago
Possible future

I that husband should ask for professional counseling for both of them and find out what is going on. Hormone imbalances and other things like mid life Crisis. They both apparently still love each other. She needs to admit and come to grips with her destructive behavior, even if they don't reunite they can forgive and heal.

jasonnhjasonnhabout 9 years ago
Pretty pathetic

Apparently you like to write stories that put people down at every possible turn. His wife is cheating, his kids are mad at him and blaming his for their mother's actions and conspiring against him. The in laws are rich and mean. His friends and co workers turn against him. Apparently the wife and Richard are super spies because they figured out how to prevent him from taping them. The wife is a conniving bitch with no conscience.

Then you have Francis who, if the others weren't putting him down enough, puts himself down even more. He's just not good enough. He also seems to have a pretty fragile constitution because he throws up at the drop of a hat.

The whole story just drips with misery. There is nothing simple about it at all. Everything is over the top and complex. He starts making out with Venica who he says he isn't the slightest bit interested in. Why? Because the plot needed him to "slip" a little, so he does. Of course the kids were all ready to tape him. Really? Simple? Francis is simply a punching bag. Even at the end he is still blaming himself. Pathetic.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
My 2 Cents

I'm glad you realize this needs a sequel. Once you have finished the sequel how about finishing Revelations - that really needs an ending!

kelchakelchaabout 9 years ago
Not an Ending

I want to know what the hell happened with the wife. Mental illness? Did she mean it when she wanted to be his again?

Seems stupid that she denied the cheating. He did not need proof for himself. He saw her enter the damned room with lover. What was she thinking? This was not normal behavior.

njlaurennjlaurenabout 9 years ago
Not great

I generally like your stories,but maybe it was a hard week,but this one didn't resonate,hubby passively let's things happen,doesn't seem to care,the wife leaves without fighting for the kids,or seriously trying to save the marriage,then we find out she is drifting,not with Richard,not doing anything...it makes no sense,it sounds like either she had a breakdown,or regretted what happened yet did nothing about it.The biggest problem is with the kids,she isn't a monster,and the way she,walks away from them makes no sense,unless she really is mentally fouled up.The way it reads is like Camus,or the end of 'Burn after Reading',when the head of the CIA,in respone to ,what did we learn?',says 'I don't know,..I hope this is a sequal,this is like in music leaving the piece with an unresolved dissonance

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
I'm normally . . .

a great fan of Carvohi, but this is not one of his best efforts. The problem is the woman. The husband says that until the cheating started she was a good wife, mother, and human being. But she acts here like a pathologically self-absorbed monster. It's therefore hard to believe the pre-cheating model of decency.

JounarJounarabout 9 years ago

@ jasonnh

No offense ment but you and a few other readers seem surprised by this story? I haven't read read this or any of this writers work in a long time its always the same bleak and miserable man hating tale.

The male character is always a total wuss without an ounce of self respect.

He gets completely shit on, over and over and over again by spouse,children, family, friends and legal system.

Character's actions never make much sense.

Almost everytime he allows the scum who fucked him over back into his life just because "plot device".

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Pathetic.

Nothing else to say

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
nice

I enjoyed it and thought it was quite good.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
MAN UP!

He said he wasn't a wimp. That is exactly what he was. You just have to move on. I did.

mike9698mike9698about 9 years ago
carvohi

every time i read one of your stories i feel like charlie brown trying to kick a football. maybe this will be the time i like something you write. nope still the same old.have you ever wrote a story were the husband enjoys his life. as far as this story goes. why did the wife even try to stay with her idiot husband. it was clear she didnt love him.mot that i blame her.he was a doofus.i can understand his kids trying to keep their parents together but that was very stupid what they did. if their dad had any self respect he wouldve told them to go live their mother and grandparents. and after all she did he was still gonna take her back until he saw her going out on a date with her boyfriend

MattblackUKMattblackUKabout 9 years ago
5* Another example of truth in story telling

And how some readers at Lit really can't cope with reality.

maninconnmaninconnabout 9 years ago
Nicely done

This was very real, and stirring. Thank you.

RedPillRedPillabout 9 years ago

I was afraid that Francis was going to totally wimp out and take her back for a while there. At least he started to make some hard decisions. It would be nice to see him get it together and on the road to living life again, but only a few months after the final goodby is a bit soon to be really recovered. I'd like to see him continue learning to stand up for himself, file, get divorced and at least start moving on, though.

I think the manipulation and complete lack of honesty on her part makes his hesitation to make the break final pointless. His feelings of "I mean why? Was it me? Was there something I could have done? Was there anything I could have done differently? She never said" are understandable. But even if she said, he'd never know whether he could believe her, she's just too disingenuous. Likewise, he'd never be able to believe her even if she claimed to have come to grips with her fault in being unfaithful.

Time to realize this and make some decisions. As it is, I'm afraid he's too much of a fatalist. Sort of like a secular Calvinist, since carvohi's characters sometimes take that view. I found the story sad but interesting. Showing Francis a few more months down the road, starting to live again, would show some continued growth in becoming a proactive person and make for a happier story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
excellent work

As usual, Cavorhi has presented a great read. I am glad the bitch finally got exactly what she deserved. The story line kept my attentionright to the end, and thats what a great read is all about

Sidney43Sidney43about 9 years ago

I have to admit that it was difficult to read to the end. You wrote the husband as such a stupid, careless person that I wanted to yell at the computer. He could have tied up the facts so much earlier and avoided a lot of heartache and pain by just listening to the tape that turned out to be blank. Then he would have known what he was up against. Yes, he finally used his brain at the end, but I just could not like his character as written. The wife was a caricature and thoroughly unlikeable. Whatever happens to her is fine, I can't see anyone caring one way or the other.

Rhsc1Rhsc1about 9 years ago
A Well Written

Thoughtful story that was possibly too realistic for some to take. As more take the time to read it I think it will be more appreciated. We don't have to always agree with the outcome to appreciate a thought provoking well written tale. Good job.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Nope, sorry

2 stars. It's too... convoluted? Is that the right word here? Sorry, too angsting about to be enjoyable at all. Not to mention the despicable wife and how little consequences she suffers. It needn't be a BTB story for evil people to suffer.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Tilt!

Another well-written tale from Carvohi. You dance your way through the usual suspect plotlines and each time you give us a sharp turn at the end...the wife is cheating? get the surveillance gadgets and get the goods on her--oops, no video, no audio...she implies he is losing his mind and spreads rumors and tramples his self-esteem, then she comes on to him to take charge--but he finds his spine and rejects her...she leaves and he and kids miss her for long months and finally after long penance done by him? her? she is ready to come home and reclaim him and her marriage (and we feel he is probably so down, he will acquiesce)--but no he has pics of her with BF in Baltimore...he is not a wimp after all and he won't take her back and so life goes on--but he really is very down and if she came back....well, who knows....[It is nifty how you play the gray area, never just black and white, but ever veering crazily, as if Life is a pinball machine which can tilt at any moment.] Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Depression provocation

Difference from Revenge to a Consequence stories is easy.....both parts get same or similar state after divorce. Both are lonely sad people, the kids hold almost same emotional distant to father and mother and etc.

In the Revenge stories the kids hold stronger connection with the wronged part, the wronged part get newer life partner and the cheater ex lives with an abuser (violant, alcoholic, criminal etc.) or alone.

The lonely divorced ex husband stories are tiresome banality, why the authors want to provocete depression from readers who has low brain transmitter level?

bobby9909bobby9909about 9 years ago
Maybe a Part 2?

Tell the story from Leslie's perspective, explore what was going through her mind before, during, and after? Good story... Really stirs the emotional pot!

dyonysosdyonysosabout 9 years ago
Consequences

I often wonder if people realise that when you are let's say over 45 what divorce means,it will mean that you will probably stay allone for the rest of your life,children have theyr own life and problems,parents will die soon,in some storys here it says that it easy to find someone else,is that realy so? do you even want someone else ? aren't the good times you had with your wife crouwding your toughts ?

I don't know,i realy don't,If your ex wasn't a serial cheater and she only made a mistake once for whatever reason wouldn't it be much better to try and find a way back together for all those conceirned including yourself ?

Dont forget : to forgive is devine .........

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Yes

@dyonyson Your comment shows well what is revenge or btb! The revenge is simple the wronged part moves on and finds a newer woman but the cheater lives alone. This scenario alone is REVENGE or BTB! Mainly if they have common kids.

BTW: There are dating website for older women who look for single older men.

KarenEKarenEabout 9 years ago
Custody

Several Anons have made reference to her getting the kids.

Did they read the same story I did?

It plainly says "we sent his mom a card and a ticket." That says to me that the kids weren't living with her.

javmor79javmor79about 9 years ago
Please keep story realistic in sequel.

I understand that there may be a next installment, judging by the author's comment. I hope that he keeps the story realistic and not cave to juvenile commenters who want the husband to become "a real man" and give the wife revenge and retribution. For instance, don't have the husband come up with some Wiley Coyote plan of revenge. Please don't have the wife saying that she will live a life as a nun until "the only man she ever loved" comes back to her. Don't give him some 18 year old girlfriend who looks like a Victoria Secrets model and has the sex drive of a porn star. And please, for God's sake, don't end this with a lifelong threesome in which he, the wife, and the new girlfriend find happiness together where there is no jealousy, everybody fucks all day long, and they live "happily ever after".

I like stories that can really happen in real life. This story has a ring of truth to it. Please stay consistent with that.

ResidentWeavilResidentWeavilabout 9 years ago
Why is he waiting?

That epiloge makes it sound like almost a year has gone by. Why is he waiting to file? If for no other reason, he should do it so she will have no claim on the house if his parents happened to pass on.

After her mocking him about having gotten away with destroying the evidence of her affair, what hope was there?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
The cruel author!

@ javmor79 No 18 years old girfriend but the neighbore Venica with a her daughter..........

ChagrinedChagrinedabout 9 years ago
If I were your editor, I would advise you to do the following:

first, get rid of the trite overused phrasing. One of the most overdone gimmicks used in writing and in actual conversation is "Did I blah, blah, blah?" It just becomes tedious and lacks any economy of language. "Did I hate her? No, blah , blah". What is wrong with just saying "I did not hate her."? It makes a clear, concise statement and has a beauty of not asking a stupid rhetorical question.

Second, stop using "..." all the time! Using it once is okay but after that it just becomes distracting. It makes the character sound indecisive.

Third, having dialogue come out in sentence fragments is okay. However, your prose is beginning to look fragmentary.

I agree with you that one does not always have to have read that in a storyline. I agree with you that BTB is not always the best way to end the story. But I get the sense that this particular character was totally lost an inept. If necessary for a character to have personality that personality does not have to be indecisive. I would suggest that once you have your character decide on a course of action we do so without having to get naked, or nearly so, with his wife to explain her indiscretions to her.

This was not one of your best endeavors. Some of your earlier work was much better. You might want to reread those who find out what was working back then that just does not seem to be working now.

Regards,

Chagrined

LickideesplitLickideesplitabout 9 years ago
Sequel? I'd Guess NO!

Very sad but fairly plausible story. Clearly another Five Star effort. One unfortunate and incomplete element is WHY. But when the author stays with Hubby's PoV, it is difficult to determine how Sweetie was tempted to go behind the back of a man (and kids) she seems to still love, even at story's end!

The way, however, that Sweetie (and the Bull) manage to outbid the Motel 6 clerk for the evidence, then she wangles the kids over to her side, and then blatantly lies to Hubby about things that they both know he has seen, is terminal. Hubby might well have gradually reconciled if she admitted to her tryst - a selfish period of nostalgia and fear of aging. Rubbing Hubby's face in the fact that she could get away with cheating in the eyes of the kids and the community ... while besmirching his reputation ... is simply unforgivable! I do NOT see a continuation unless at least one main character changes fundamentally! (In some fairness, if creativity were a golf game, LDS would be in triple digits.)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
My method after what the woman did would be a bit more extreme.

I would have simply shot her right between the eyes, hang the consequences.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggabout 9 years ago
Color me " ditto " for all the positive comments

I kept waiting for ending to go sideways or in a totally incredulous la-la-la life is beautiful vector. Good Loving Wife stories make my stomach twist. Great ones force me to set them aside to regain perspective. I got a lot of quick little chores done with this one. Aspects were off key, no demons of effacy or efficiency running amuck here. But that's life as I know it.

This is a great all too true to untrue Loving Wife story, reminiscent of Ohio's best excruciating work and messy, messy , messy. Deal with it. I predict 200 and up comments, many of them excoriating,as time goes by. Full marks. *****

patilliepatillieabout 9 years ago
Nice job

though sad tale. Sounds like he still loves her, he should get her into counseling. That might not cure what is ailing the marriage but it would do them both some good.

You dont need to include the historical details of all the places you are writing about, sometimes it adds to the story but in this particular one it did not. Just extraneous detail.

Gave you a 4.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous