A Spiritual Lesson in Stealing

Story Info
A fae accidentally steals from a spirit and is spanked hard.
7.5k words
4.5
6k
3
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

A tired Zazi had asked as they and Ezio were walking a trail up a harrowing hill. The air was brisk, with a cool breeze rustling the fallen leaves and trees. The sun was a warm orange in the sky. It was quiet, only hearing the crows coo loudly.

Zazi trailed behind their master. They breathed heavily, with sweat trickling down their face. However, Ezio seemed unaffected by the hill. In fact, he looked as if he could go running up it if he wanted.

"Were you not paying attention at the village?" Ezio asked, even though he knew the answer to his question. "The town has been haunted by a spirit that lives up on this hill. The story goes that a woman who died of heartbreak after her husband's sudden death. Now, she haunts these lands and has gotten progressively more dangerous. Which is why I'm going to investigate."

"We're going to investigate!" Zazi corrected proudly. Ezio had made a habit of not including his pet when it came to his Deity Mage duties. There were too many dangers and unpredictability when it came to protecting Sorenson that he wouldn't want Zazi anywhere nearby.

"No, I am investigating. The only reason you are coming along is that I don't trust the locals." Ezio admitted. The town of Holmfirth was never known to be an accepting bunch. Though they had gotten better over the years; he wouldn't take a chance of leaving them there and something happening.

Ezio then turned around and stuck his index finger up in front of Zazi's face. "And let me make something perfectly clear. You will follow my lead in all of this. There will be no running off. No touching anything, and no talking to any spirits we may or may not one across. Am I understood?"

Zazi stayed silent, rolling their eyes as they didn't wish to acknowledge the lecture. They didn't feel as though they earned one. Swearing that they could be trusted. But, Ezio wasn't taking any chances. He grabbed them by their chin, pushing them up and looking them in their eyes. "Am I understood?"

His tone was spine-chilling, causing the fae to squirm in place. "Yes, Ezzy." They gave in, to which their master smiled and petted their head.

They continued on their journey up. Soon, they began to see a mansion peek its head over the horizon. It was dark, torn and battered over the years of mother nature rummaging it. Windows were broken. A garden with plants that had withered away. It was exactly what Ezio expected, and Zazi feared.

"W-w-well, this place is abandoned! Might as well go back to town! Job well done!" Zazi spoke with haste, wanting nothing more than to get away from this frightening house. But, as soon as they went to leave, Ezio grabbed hold of their collar and pulled them back.

"Scared, are we?" Ezio giggled, to which Zazi scoffed at the notion. "No! Just don't want to waste too much time up here if we don't have to!" Zazi came up with on the spot, getting a chuckle out of Ezio.

They walked up to the large house. Ezio was in front as Zazi hid behind him. The fae could feel the looming horror around the house. The eerie creaks coming from the swinging door nearly had sent Zazi into a panic.

"Remember what I told you, my pet. Stick-" Ezio reiterated but was cut off when he felt Zazi clinging to his arm. "Stick close! Got it!"

Admittedly, Ezio began to feel bad for them. He knew how scared they were and was angered that he couldn't figure out somewhere to place them so that he could do this alone. But, he had to relax. He could feel his fiery dragon festering as his temper rose. He did his usual breathing techniques. In through the nose, counting to three, then out through the mouth. Repeated over and over until he felt his temperament return to normal.

Soon, the two walked inside the house. The air was filled with dust and other particles. The foyer was wide, covered in various paintings and rugs. It may have looked nice if it wasn't for its rundown view. The once enriched rugs were now torn up with dirt and dust covering them. In fact, the entirety of the foyer was covered in the mess.

It was quiet, with only the rustling of the wind against the home making any sort of noise. Ezio's eyes were wide, looking out for anything that would point to the spirit's presence. He did this for every room they traveled in. This was more than both had anticipated, even with seeing how big the house was outside.

They had made it to the kitchen. It was the same as any of the other rooms. Torn apart and left to rot. Father time had taken its course on this once flourishing home. Ezio investigated around as Zazi stuck close. They listened to their master and kept their hands off of anything. However, that just meant their eyes continued to wander to keep themselves busy. And, it seemed a picture was what did the trick.

They walked over to the hanging picture on the wall. It was odd, as it was the only thing in the room that seemed unphased. No dirt, no tears, no nothing. It was like time had forgotten it. In the picture was a couple: a half-elf man and a human woman. The half-elf had long, silky black hair. He had a muscular frame as his arms were wrapped around the lady. Speaking of the lady, her hair was a long brunette. Divided into two long braids going down the front of her shirt. They both seemed happy. It was the only thing brightening this dismal home.

"What's the story on this place again?" Zazi asked, feeling as they had missed something. "Alaura and Levy Alister, a happily married couple a few hundred years ago. Levy came from the royal half-elven family that founded the kingdom of Verna. However, he found love in a peasant human and sought to give her the world. The world wasn't what she wanted, though. All she wanted was him. So, they moved to this town and built a house on the hill to live out their days happily. At least, that was their plan. But, fate had decided otherwise. Soon, the town wanted them gone, Levy specifically. They weren't too welcoming of half-elves. He refused, unwilling to be driven out of his home. So, the town took matters into its own hands. Storming their home and murdering him. Leaving Alaura, a widow with a broken heart. And soon, she died from it. Haunting the town ever since for what they put her and her husband through."

They sighed listening to the depressing story. A part of them felt bad for the angered spirit. She had her husband taken away from her in a violent, heart-wrenching fashion. They could only imagine how they would feel if someone were to take Ezio away from them. Just the thought of losing him nearly sent the fae into a rage.

"Hmph, sounds like they're getting what they deserve." Zazi stated, the anger festering in their voice. They always had an odd relationship with humans. Many of which were not so pleasant.

"Whether they are deserving or not is not our concern. Our concern is to protect those who cannot protect themselves." Ezio said flatly. Zazi just sighed, "Yea, you're right."

Ezio looked over to them, "Hey Zazi?"

"Your feelings are valid, okay?" he reassured them. They smiled, appreciating the need to do that.

Afterward, they went back to searching for the spirit. However, every room they walked into was the same as the last. They were beginning to think that there was no spirit whatsoever and that the townsfolks were just being paranoid. After much searching, there was only one room left: the master bedroom. They marched upstairs, watching their step so they don't fall through them. The room was in the back of the house down a long hallway.

They walked down it slowly. As they did, Ezio grabbed Zazi by their hand. He could feel something strange the closer and closer he got to the room. A chilling feeling, something Ezio hadn't felt often. Unless there were more elements at play.

Soon, they were right in front of the door. Ezio readied himself for anything behind it, while Zazi hid behind. The mage placed his hands on the large door before pushing it open. As it opened. a cool breeze slapped them in the face. A breeze that even gave Ezio goosebumps.

"Wh-whoa!" Zazi's teeth chattered together, creating a loud and fast clicking sound "Why is it colder in here than outside?!"

Ezio walked into the middle of the room, his eyes darting around the room. Out of all the rooms, this was torn up the most. However, it didn't look to be from anything environmental or over time. Pictures were shattered and ripped to shreds. There was no clear path to step. This looked deliberate. Like someone had done this in a fit of rage.

"I know you are here." Ezio said with the wind whishing against the window. There was no response or a sign to point towards a spirit being here. It was only that looming chill in the air.

"Your issue with this town is understandable. I cannot imagine how I would react if I was placed in your situation. But, those that had wronged you have now passed on. Their souls are resting, no matter if they deserve it or not. It's time your soul rested. You deserve it."

The mage's tone was soft. He didn't want this to end in a fight. He'd rather help the spirit find peace. Like an old friend guiding their other friend back from a difficult situation.

However, old friends are often the hardest to get through to. Moments after Ezio said his piece, a harsh gust of wind blew open the window. It was loud and abrupt, completely terrifying the chameleon enough for them to fall back on their bum. Completely knocking over a shelf of old jewelry on the floor. But, Ezio stood unfazed.

"Hmph. Give up this path of vengeance you still walk. This is your first and final warning." Ezio warned, his tone changing to match. He walked over to his pet and helped them back to their feet.

"Come on, Zazi. It's time to-" Ezio began to say, but Zazi was already running out of the door before he could finish. "Already way ahead of you!"

This did make Ezio giggle. But, as he went to walk out of the room, he stopped and turned his head back. He really did hope the spirit heeded his warning and took his advice. "Have a good day Alaura."

~~~

Later in the day, they returned back to Holmfirth to inform the mayor of the news. "How are we to be sure that the spirit won't terrorize us tonight? Sending you up there could have angered it!" The mayor feared retaliation at the news of not being able to find the vengeful spirit.

"At ease. I'll stay here the next few nights to keep an eye on the town. Even recheck the house if I have to. But, I'll make sure your town is safe." Ezio reassured them. The mayor bumbled through thanking him, grabbing his hand, and shaking it excessively.

"Thank you! Thank you, Mr. Agni! This town is in your debt!" the mayor praised the mage. "Don't just thank me. Thank my Lord, Rezaldin. For the fiery dragon gives me the strength, will, and the spark to protect those in need."

Zazi rolled their eyes. Spending more time in this town was a nightmare. Especially with a literal nightmare possibly strolling around. Ready to torment them at any moment. Just the idea of waking up to a spirit hovering above them made the chameleon shudder. Luckily, they didn't have to fester on the idea for long. The mayor had finally wrapped up his extreme amount of praising, Ezio took hold of Zazi's hand and headed to their inn.

"Oh wait!" they heard the mayor cry, drawing an annoyed sigh from Zazi. They turned to face the pitiful man. At least, pitiful in the eyes of the fae. "We've had a bit of a monster problem out of the town for a while now. They seem to be getting closer by the day, scaring the townsfolk! Do you think you could take care of them for us?"

Admittedly, Ezio was frustrated by the request. He had hoped to spend the rest of the night with his pet. Maybe even have some play since today had taken a lot out of them. But, his duties took precedent. At least, this time it did.

"Alright, I'll put my pet in the inn and check it out." Ezio told the mayor, getting a resounding "What?!" out of his chameleon. After much more thanking, to the point of nausea, Ezio took hold of Zazi's hand and led them to the inn. But, he knew that the walk wasn't going to go as smoothly as he would like. Or, to be specific, it wouldn't go without his ear being chatted off.

"I thought we were a team! That means you and I!" Zazi shouted. No matter how much early today was terrifying, that didn't negate the sheer excitement they felt coming along with Ezio. Helping him out on his mission, even if it was mainly moral support. It didn't matter; It was just nice for them to feel included. To feel like they were helping. Ezio had already done so much for them, they'd like to return the favor in some way. Even in little ways.

But, Ezio thought of it in a different way. He had been protecting his pet from any dangers since they've known one another. He'd much rather have himself get hurt seven times over than to see Zazi hurt once. He had cared for them too much. And, he would be afraid of what he would do if he saw them hurt.

"We are a team. And, as leader of this team, I'm making the executive decision to take you back to the inn." Ezio double-downed on his stance. The fae sucked their teeth, "What made you team leader?!"

Ezio just shot a look at them, squinting his eyes as his mouth slanted. "...Okay point taken, but still!"

"I know, little one. I promise, I won't be long. And when I get back, we'll have the entire night to ourselves. Okay?" Ezio promised them, still wanting to make the most of this night. Zazi hummed, thinking it over as they looked around. They sighed, "Oh, fine."

The mage snickered, planting a loving kiss on their pet's forehead that made them giggle with glee. With their talking, they hadn't noticed that they had already reached the inn. They went inside and checked in, heading up to their room for the next few days.

Ezio used to key on their room when they found it. The door unlocked, and they entered their temporary home. It was smaller than they expected. The full-size bed was pinned up against the wall. It was made neatly, never minding the few wrinkles in it. There was a small wooden desk and chair in the corner. The window was shut, but you could still hear the loud prattling outside.

Zazi hopped into bed, immediately grimacing as the bed was not as comfortable as they would have hoped. Did they really have to sleep on this the next few nights?

"Alright, you stay here, and I'll be back in no time." Ezio said with haste. The sooner he was out, the sooner he could go and take care of the problem. Which meant the sooner he could come back to his little one.

"I love you lots!" the fae cutely exclaimed, sitting up on the bed and sending a wave of blown kisses at him. Ezio smiled, motioning his body as if he was being hit over and over by the kisses. This sent Zazi into a giggling fit, their skin turning a bright yellow. Bringing a smile to the mage's face. "I love you too, my kaleidoscope."

After sending a kiss of his own back, Ezio went out the door and closed it behind him. Now came the wait. The dreaded waiting Zazi hated so much. No matter how many ways their mind tried to tell them, they would always worry about him. He had the strength and power to handle himself, but it didn't help ease Zazi's slight panic. Thankfully, the fae had a way to help ease their worry. "Coloring time!"

And so, they did. Going over to the desk and plopping their butt down on the seat to begin. However, once they did, they felt something strange. Something was poking at their right cheek uncomfortably. They leaned their butt up to see something poking out of their back pocket.

"What's this?" they wondered, reaching back, and pulling the strange string. As they did, it was revealed to be a necklace. It was dirty, resembling the fifth from the house on top of the hill earlier. "Huh, it must've fallen into my back pocketing when I knocked over all the jewelry on that table."

Zazi then started to think. The necklace, all things considered, wasn't in bad quality. With some much-needed clean-up, they'd love to wear it around. So, they place it on the desk delicately as they began to color.

They colored for hours on end. The table was filled with different pictures they had drawn. Some of wild animals. Some of their old friends from their homeland. Others of Ezio, even one of him with a bright red bottom. A picture they would surely keep to themselves. However, during their drawing, they had realized that it had started to become progressively cold in their room. Cold enough that they began to shiver. They thought it was because of them opening the window during their coloring.

They got up and moved over to the window, skipping towards it. They made it to the window and closed it promptly, letting out a relieved sigh.

"Zazi..."

The chameleon stopped, their heart dropping into their stomach like a sinking anvil. "Did I just...?" the fae mouthed to themselves. They had to have been imagining this. They had jumped through mental gymnastics in order to make sense of what they had just heard. It could have been someone yelling something similar sounding to their name as they closed to window. Yes, that made sense! At least, that's what they were going to believe.

They exhaled, having a "phew!" moment as their breathing eased. They turned around, laughing to themselves as they actually believed a spirit was in their room. Such a silly thought! At least, it was until they looked up. They were greeted by a woman standing at the door. She was of average height, dressed in a white nightgown with the end of it moving as if it was being blown by a fan. Her head was down, with two long braids going down her shirt.

Zazi just stood there. They thought they would scream, or maybe run. But, they just stood there. Fear had them in a vice grip. The sheer petrification was keeping their feet glued to the floor. They watched the spirit intently, forgetting to blink at times as their hearing had faded away. All they could hear was the thumping of their heartbeat. The spirit didn't move not one inch. They were still, almost like a statue. Could they really be seeing this? Or was this their mind playing a cruel trick on them?

"I-" Was the only thing they could get out before the terrifying specter launched toward them. The fae screamed, shielding themselves from their supposed attack. However, after trembling in fright with their hands up, a cold sensation ran through their body. They waited for a few seconds, anticipating the spirit to rip them shreds. But, nothing happened. They peaked one of their eyes open, fearing the spirit would be right in front of their face. Thankfully, they weren't. In fact, they weren't anywhere.

"Huh?!" the fae fretted as they put their hands down and looked around for any signs of the angered spirit. Their eyes darting every which way like they were on some sort of drugs. "Where did it go?!"

"Hello, Zazi."

They heard and let out another blood-curdling screech as they dropped to the ground. They shook in unyielding fear as they tried to pinpoint where the ominous greeting came from. It sounded like it was everywhere. Like they were using a megaphone to speak, but inside of their head. It felt overwhelming, with them placing their hands over their ears.

"Where are you?!" Zazi asked, their voice cracking. The voice giggled rather innocently, which only amplified Zazi's current fear.

"Isn't it obvious?" she pointed out. Her voice was soft, yet sinister. It was like she was trying to guide you into a false sense of security. However, Zazi had more to worry about than her voice. Soon, Zazi stood up and stretched their limbs. Except, it wasn't Zazi. At least, it wasn't Zazi doing that.

"I seem to be occupying this fine body of yours." The woman observed the faes body. She twisted their body around to observe their figure. She giggled seductively, giving herself and Zazi a nice slap on the ass before gripping it tightly. "And, I do mean a fine body."