A Summer Affair

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chuckling, I said, "She sounds like a keeper." Then our waiter came and handed us our menus, and he asked Carly what she'd like to drink. When I told her I'd be having a Heineken, she said she'd have the same. After our waiter walked away with our drink order, I said, "So, it sounds like your husband has started dating again."

She nodded. "Unfortunately he started dating while we were still married, but I just didn't know it."

I actually felt my jaw drop. I couldn't believe that a guy lucky enough to have married a woman like Carly would ever think of cheating on her. Even near the end of our time together, when my ex-wife had made it her mission to make my life as miserable as possible, the thought of cheating on her never crossed my mind, mostly because I didn't think violating my marriage vows would solve anything and also knew it would only hurt my family.

When our dinner came, Carly's eyes went big as saucers, as she watched our server setting down what looked like a mountain of food. Starting with a basket full of lightly battered fish, another piled high with French fries, a bowl of coleslaw and another of baked beans, along with a platter of bread and butter and a dish of lemon wedges. Looking stunned, she looked up at me and asked, "Is all this supposed to be just for the two of us?"

Chuckling, I passed her the basket of fish. "Just eat what you can. I only ordered for two, but as you can see their portions are pretty generous."

"No kidding. Guess I'll just have to run a little longer tomorrow to burn it all off, because it looks really good."

I looked up at her as I dished myself up some fries. "So, you're a runner?"

She nodded as she swallowed a sip of her beer. "I started running to keep fit, after I'd had the boys and found I really enjoy it. It's so much nicer than just going to a gym and running on a tread mill, staring at a wall. And now since I've been staying here, I've really been enjoying running along the beach every morning breathing in the fresh air."

"I usually go for a morning run, too. Maybe I'll bump into you. What time do you usually go?"

She shrugged as I passed her the basket of fries. "It depends. Normally I head out around seven, and run for an hour. But if I've stayed up late watching a movie or reading, I might not go until nine or even ten."

I picked up my phone. "Why don't you give me your number so I can meet up with you tomorrow?"

She grinned. "And I'll take your number, too...so we can be sure to bump into each other again." And of course I smiled back, because already I was really looking forward to seeing her again.

As we tucked into our dinner, I realized it was really nice to be able to share a meal with someone who wasn't overly fussy and who was enjoying what she was eating as much as I was. And who also wasn't inclined to give lectures about the dangers of fried food while I was eating it.

Normally I tried to eat pretty healthy, but every now and then I'd go for something fun, just because I enjoyed it. And it seemed like Carly was the same way, seeing as we'd both had ice cream for lunch today.

Seems we had a lot in common. And I really liked that she knew how to kick back and have fun and didn't take herself too seriously. But even more, feeling like I could relax and just be myself with her was really refreshing.

We smiled at each other a lot over dinner. And already I was looking forward to starting my day with a run on the beach with her, while wondering what else we could get up to.

Finally we both sat back, deciding we'd eaten all we could. Carly finished the last of her beer and put her mug down on the table and blew out a breath. "That was really good, probably the best fish I've ever had. And I'll definitely be coming back."

I leaned in and took her hand in mine, and told her, "You know they also have the best butter tarts around."

Her eyes popped. "You have got to be kidding. After all I've eaten, you're trying to tempt with butter tarts? And you know I've got a sweet tooth." The waiter came by just then to clear the table, and asked if we wanted coffee. Grinning slyly, with my eye on Carly, I crooked my finger so I could whisper my order in his ear. Once he smiled and nodded that he understood and left, Carly just shook her head at me. "You're bad."

Taking hold of her hand again, my tone grew serious as I told her, "You have no idea just how bad I can be." Then I laughed at the way her eyes flared as she bit into her lip, probably wondering what she was getting herself into.

But when our dessert came, I noticed she didn't complain as she spooned up and savored a warm mouthful of the flaky little tart, oozing with plump juicy raisins, with a healthy dollop of vanilla ice cream on the side. "Wow, this is so good," she finally said. "I should know to trust you by now, shouldn't I?" she said as she reached for her coffee to wash it down.

"You should, because I'd never lead you astray."

Her eyes met mine and she wiggled her eyebrows making me laugh and wonder if she'd preferred that I led her astray -- maybe doing something that we'd both enjoy.

When we got back to her cottage and I parked the car in the driveway, I looked over at Carly and saw that she was looking right back at me and it felt like the air around us was electrified. And suddenly the silence in the car was almost deafening. I wanted her, badly. And I just hoped she wanted me. But since we'd only been together for a day, I didn't want to push her into something she might regret.

So, I patted her hand and said, "Come on, and I'll walk you to your door."

As she walked ahead of me up the stairs, an overhead motion detector light came on lighting our way. And just the sway of her hips and the sight of her tight little ass, looking too tempting for words had me stifling a groan. And don't get me started on her legs, that I could almost feel wrapped around my waist.

After she unlocked the door, she turned to face me, smiling up into my eyes. "Thanks for a really nice night, Ewan -- actually a perfect day. Dinner was great, and I really enjoyed myself with you today."

As she spoke, I couldn't tear my eyes off her lips and I knew that I had to leave and walk away. Because if I kissed her, there was no way it would stop with just a kiss.

And she was right, we had only spent a day together, so it was a little early to be thinking about getting naked with her -- as much as I would have loved to.

I stroked a hand over her arm, leaned in and whispered in her ear, "Goodnight. I really enjoyed it, too."

Then as I watched her step inside and close the door, when I heard her turn the lock, I turned and headed back toward my car. I had just reached the bottom step and I turned my head and looked back at the door, wondering what the hell I'd just done, leaving us both hanging.

I could kiss her, and I could step away. I could do this.

Just one little kiss.

At least that's what I told myself. Because damn, I wanted to kiss her so badly right now.

So I took the stairs two at a time and knocked on the door.

Carly opened it again and smiled when she saw me. "Did you forget something?"

"Yes. This." I cupped the back of her head, circled my arm around her waist and pressed my lips to hers. And when she opened up for me, both of us let out identical moans as I slipped my tongue past her lips to explore the inside of her warm, soft mouth. She just tasted so sweet that I couldn't stop. And the way she tipped her head to deepen the kiss, I knew that neither of us was in any hurry to pull apart.

Finally, after we we'd nearly kissed each other silly, sanity prevailed. And before I did anything I might regret, I pulled back, dropped one last peck on her lips, smiled and said, "I'll see you tomorrow."

She just nodded, looking a little glassy-eyed, with her breasts heaving pretty hard. "Okay."

At eight the next morning, before the sun got too hot, I sent her a text to see if she was ready for our run: 'You ready?'

She texted back: 'Yep. I'll head your way and you head mine.'

When I saw her smiling and running toward me in a body hugging white and hot pink running shorts and matching tank top, with her long hair in a ponytail, swinging across her back, I muttered, "Jesus." She just looked so hot, that I couldn't tear my eyes off her. And I realized she looked every bit as hot in her running gear as she did in her bikini, and she'd looked really incredible in that.

When we met, I said, "So, how are you today?"

She grinned. "Never better. You?"

Now that I'd seen her, I was fantastic. But I just said, "I'm good. So let's go."

We ran together side by side breathing in the brisk morning air, and she easily kept up with my stride. It felt so good just to be with her again, especially sharing an early morning run, which I'd always done alone.

An hour later when we were done, we ended up closest to my cottage, so I said, "Why don't you come in for some breakfast?"

She looked down at herself as she wiped her arm across her brow. "But I'm all sweaty."

"So am I. You can shower if you want, while I cook us some eggs. And I can shower after."

She thought on that for a minute and finally nodded. "Sure, okay."

I wanted to do a fist pump, because it looked like we'd be hanging out again today, and the fact that she trusted me enough to have a shower in my place was just an added bonus.

As we walked up the footpath from the beach, when she looked up and saw my place, she said, "Wow! I love your cottage."

I looked at it too then, with a critical eye. It was just a simple wooden structure that I'd built with the help of my brother and a few of my cousins, right after Beth and I had married. But she'd never really got into cottage life, preferring to stay in the city. So the boys and I would come up on our own and we'd enjoy the beach and fire pit, board games and movies, horse shoes and volley ball and all the things you did at a cottage, but mostly just enjoyed hanging out together. Which could be why we were so close, and after the divorce they'd chosen to live with me.

"It's nothing fancy," I admitted, thinking about the showplace she was staying in.

"But it looks so homey. I can just imagine the fun you've had here with your boys."

"Actually, the guys love it up here. And they don't want me to change a thing. They like it just the way it is."

"I can see why. It's a really nice place, and so much warmer than my sister's cottage, which I think is really more of a house."

When we got inside, she smiled as she looked around. It was kind of kitschy with tongue and groove pine walls, and lots of handmade things around that the boys and I had made together. And I was pleased that she really seemed to like it.

I stepped around her. "I'll get you some towels, and something else to put on, while I show you where the bathroom is."

She smirked when, along with the towels, I handed her an old football jersey that I knew would fit her like a mini dress and really give me a show of her legs.

Then, listening to the water starting to run, knowing that she was in there under the showerhead with nothing on but a smile, I could feel myself getting hard as granite while trying to concentrate on the eggs I was scrambling.

I was buttering the toast, and I froze when she came out of the bathroom, looking so sexy in the jersey I'd given her that barely covered her down below. And with her long, wet hair trailing down her back, smelling so fresh and clean, all I could think of was pulling her in for a kiss.

But she surprised me when she sauntered over, took hold of my chin, gave me a naughty little smile and brushed her lips against mine. And that was all I needed. I turned off the burner so fast, moved the pan to the back of the stove, wrapped her in my arms and kissed her right back, and it sure as hell wasn't with a brush of my lips.

Before we knew it, our lips were locked in a red hot kiss and our hands were everywhere. She was shoving up my tank top and running her fingers over my chest, brushing over my nipples with her fingertips, and I don't think I'd ever groaned so long and loud in all my life. It just felt so good having her hands on me as I savored her lips.

I slid my hand up along the back of her thigh and when I found it filled with nothing but her sweet bare ass, I knew this was going to happen. And was I ever stoked.

I was so glad now after I'd dropped her off last night, that I decided to make a detour into town and visited the 24 hour pharmacy to pick up some protection -- just in case -- especially now that I was finally going to need it.

Only problem was, we were in the kitchen and things were getting hot and heavy so fast, I didn't want to have to pull away from her to go find where I'd put the things in the bedroom.

But when she whispered against my lips, "I'm clean and I'm on the pill."

I smiled into her eyes, relieved, and said, "I'm good, too."

We both chuckled, as she ran her hands down to my ass, squeezed, and murmured, "Are you ever."

CARLY

I could not believe that it was actually happening, and I was naked in his arms and about to make love with my secret crush, Ewan McKenzie.

I almost cried when he came back last night and finally kissed me, after leaving me feeling dejected when he first just said goodnight and left, especially after the wonderful day we'd shared. But when he turned around and came back, I'd never felt anything like it when he captured my lips with that scorching hot kiss.

And now alone with him in his cottage, he was just so hard he had me dripping for him.

It had been so long since I'd had sex that I was a little afraid that things might have closed up down there. But now thanks to him, I felt like I was being reborn and I could hardly wait for it to happen.

But I just couldn't pull away from his beautiful mouth, even when I felt him lifting me into his arms, and setting me down on his kitchen table.

I looked up at him and the heat in his eyes nearly scorched me alive. As slowly, he traced a finger over my lips, my chin, my collar bone, around each of my breasts, stopping to tease at my nipples, making them tingle like crazy. Before he continued his torturous journey south over my trembling flesh, circling my belly button, until he had my eyes rolling back in my head, when at last he slid that curious finger inside me.

Oh, I wanted him so badly, I could hardly think he had me so wound up, and just from the touch of his hand.

As he worked his finger in and out of me, I realized that sex had never been like this before. No slam bam with him. He was such a patient lover. It was like he had reinvented it and made it into something too wonderful to conceive.

When he let his gaze slide over me and murmured, "God, you're beautiful," I thought I'd weep, I'd never felt so treasured.

And when he parted my thighs and his gaze grew even darker at the sight my body glistening with arousal, I could hardly wait for him to claim every inch of me as his.

Then as he kissed his way over my mound, and lashed out his tongue and licked into me deep, I could hardly breathe. Looking down and seeing his head buried between my legs I couldn't believe that I was actually making love with Ewan McKenzie. Though I'd gotten off imagining this so many times before, but now that it was actually happening, I knew why I'd carried that secret torch for him for all these years, because he was making me feel things I never knew existed.

His mouth was amazing. Oh god, the things he was doing to me. I could feel myself cresting, like I was riding a wave of pure bliss. Even as I started to shake, with my heart nearly pounding out of my chest, he didn't give up, till he had me tossing back my head and squealing like crazy. I'd never been noisy before in bed, but now I was practically singing an aria, he had me coming so hard.

Then as he kissed his way back up to my lips, all I could do was shiver, knowing that it was really going to happen. And when he took hold of himself and pushed inside me, it just felt so good, that I let out a sigh, and we just smiled into each other's eyes. I think it was inevitable that we'd find ourselves connecting like this, finally giving in and making love.

The way he was pushing inside me, filling me up, he felt like he was made just for me. And he looked pretty happy too, smiling into my eyes as he thrust deeper and harder inside me, with each flex of hips as both of us grew closer and closer to going over the edge.

When he finally clutched my ass in his hands and pushed into me as deep as he could go, threw back his head and actually growled, I could feel myself letting go and really starting to shiver, blown away by how amazing it felt to finally be this close to him.

As we slowly came down from the high of coming that hard, with Ewan still snug inside me, both of us fighting to breathe, his voice all low and sexy, he looked into my eyes and whispered against my mouth, "I should have asked before I started... how do you like... your eggs?"

I barked out a laugh and ruffled his hair, loving the way those gorgeous eyes of his eyes sparkled when he laughed. He was just so much fun.

Wrapping my arms tight around him, I hugged him to my chest and kissed the top of his head, hoping like crazy that I didn't go falling in love with him, when we both had to know, when the summer was over, that we would be, too.

Grinning back at the sexy smirk on his face, I gave him a squeeze around the waist with my legs, both of us probably surprised at how fast things were happening between us. Only yesterday we were chatting politely over ice cream and now he had me naked on his kitchen table, making me squeal my damn head off.

But when you're as drawn to each other as we are, I don't think time really matters, especially when it's as good as this. Because why would I want to torture myself and wait any longer than I had to, to be with him. And it just felt so right with him, like this was where I was meant to be.

Eventually we got around to having breakfast, with him in his shorts and me in his football jersey, along with a pair of boxers he'd found for me. We ate out in his screened-in porch overlooking the lake, deciding to take a pass on eating at the kitchen table, at least until we'd had a chance to give it a good cleaning after the sexy shenanigans we'd enjoyed on it.

"Wow. These eggs are really good."

Ewan nodded as he passed me some toast. "Glad you like them. I added some cheddar and a few herbs to give it a little more taste."

I reached for my coffee. "Well, whatever you did, it's really tasty. Though I can't believe I'm eating again, after all we ate last night. But that fish was so good, I had way more than I should have."

"Then we'll have to go again."

I smiled over at him, glad to hear that he was thinking there was a future for us, because now that we'd gotten so close I couldn't imagine going back to being on my own again.

Ewan turned his gaze on the water. "It's going to be another hot one today. We should go out on the Jet Ski after this. It'll get us back in the water and cool us off."

I looked down at myself. "Then I should probably go change into my bathing suit."

He looked me over and smiled. "You'll be okay in that. You just have to put on some sunscreen, so you don't get burned, and I've got some sunglasses you can wear."

I shrugged, deciding to just to go for it. "Sure, sounds like fun."

And it really was. I'd never been on a Jet Ski before. Sitting close behind Ewan, the sun was hot but the spray was cooling us off as he steered us out into the lake, with the thing rumbling beneath us. I closed my eyes letting the sun warm my skin, as I laughed at the feel of the water spraying us, and I realized that I could get used to hanging out with a guy like him.