A Summer Affair

Story Info
A chance meeting changes their lives forever.
19.2k words
4.85
49.9k
109
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This one's for the Summer Lovin' Story Contest. So your votes and comments would be much appreciated.

This one is a real romance and a bit of a slow burn, and I hope you'll enjoy it.

EWAN

I was feeling at loose ends without my sons. Being a sixth grade teacher with my summers off, we usually enjoyed at least a month together at the cottage.

The boys had always loved it, too. From the time they were little, when we'd spend hours building sandcastles on the beach, right up until last year when they were finally old enough to get them a Jet Ski to take out on the water.

But since my ex-wife Beth had met a man from Italy, and had talked me into letting Dylan and Kevin spend their summer at his family's beach house in Sicily, for the first time in years I found myself on my own.

And seeing as I hadn't yet had the courage to hook up with anyone since my marriage had ended over a year ago, I wondered if I might just take the leap now, providing of course I met someone I wanted to take the leap with.

Right now though, all I was in the mood for was a stroll on the beach. It was a real scorcher today, the sun was punishing, but it still felt good to be out in the fresh air.

Although I was enjoying the feel of the sand on my bare feet, and skipping the odd stone across the water as I wandered in and out of the waves up to knees in just my board shorts -- I was also eyeing The Ice Cream Hut. It was just up ahead at the edge of one of the foot paths. And I imagined that a scoop of either Pralines & Cream or Rocky Road, or maybe even one of each would go down really good right about now.

My ex-wife had become a real health nut, so over the last few years she'd never allow anything sweet in the house, except for fruit. But now that we'd split up, I was enjoying satisfying my sweet tooth whenever I damn well pleased, without having to get an earful from her about the evils of sugar.

As I stepped inside, goosebumps erupted. The other thing I liked about stopping for a cone in here was the air conditioning felt so refreshing, especially the first gust of cold air that hit me after coming in from the oppressive humidity outside.

Waiting in line, my gaze instantly dropped to the woman ahead of me, noticing that she had to have the most spectacular ass I'd ever seen, so nice and round and firm. And the tempting little flash of butt cheek peeking out at the bottom of her short shorts had her tanned, toned legs looking like they went on for miles, although she wasn't overly tall, maybe five foot four. No surprise, I felt things beginning to stir, since I hadn't seen any action in so long, that even just imagining what she'd look like out of those cut-offs and little hot pink bra top, was enough to start the launch sequence in motion.

Once she'd got her chocolate cone and turned to leave, our eyes met and I was shocked to realize that I knew her, and we both started to smile.

Carly Mathison, in an addition to having a really sweet body, with long, gorgeous honey-blonde hair that curled half-way down her back, had to have the most expressive green eyes I'd ever seen, and definitely the prettiest smile. Unfortunately for me, I'd also had the pleasure of having taught her two sons, Jax and Caden. So, much as I would have liked to, I knew it would be pretty inappropriate to make a move on her.

Still, the way her face lit up when she smiled into my eyes and said, "Wow, Mr. McKenzie, small world. Funny bumping into you here," I could tell she seemed pretty happy to see me, too.

"Please, call me Ewan. So, are you staying in the area, or just up for the day?"

"Actually, my sister's got a cottage on the beach. And since they're away for the summer, they were kind enough to offer it to me."

Then I noticed from the grumbling starting up behind us that we were holding up the line, so I nodded my head at the counter and she followed me up while I ordered my cone.

Once we got outside with our ice cream, between licks, she said, "So, are you and your family staying nearby?"

I shook my head, as I frantically licked at the thing, already dripping down over my fingers, now that we were back out in the blistering heat of the sun. Wishing now that I'd just got a single scoop, I was tempted to throw it away so we could talk. But I did manage to tell her that I was on my own and my ex-wife was in Italy with our sons.

Then I smiled when I glanced around and spied a few picnic tables with umbrellas on the shady side of the little wooden shop. I pointed over and suggested, "Hey, why don't we get in the shade with these, so they won't melt away on us?"

I was glad when she just grinned and led the way.

Even in the shade, both of us were laughing as we attempted to talk to each other while still furiously licking away, until finally I said, "Hang on, this is crazy. I'll be right back."

When I came back with two paper cups and spoons, once we'd dumped it all into the cups, we finally could relax and talk to each other.

Which also gave me a chance to really look at her; and holy smokes she was even prettier than I remembered. Sexy too, but not too over the top; for her it looked effortless. She was just so alluring without even trying.

I'd noticed a few women on the beach in tiny little thong bikinis, showing off everything they owned, but Carly in a more modest bra top and daisy dukes, looked ten times hotter. Probably because I also knew first hand that she was also amazingly sweet.

Those big green eyes of hers just looked so vivid, like shimmering emeralds, as she smiled into mine. I took her spoon from her, dug into my cup and told her, "You've got to try the Pralines & Cream, it's really good."

She smirked as she tasted it, and with a soft little moan and a roll of her eyes, she agreed, "That is good. I'm such a chocoholic, that I don't usually try anything else. But next time, I'm definitely going for some of that," she said, pointing at my cup with her spoon.

I pushed it between us and told her, "Then help yourself, it's way too much for me. I don't know why I asked for two scoops."

I wasn't about to share with her that in the last couple of years my ex-wife had turned into a total control freak, determined to monitor, not only everything I put in my mouth, but pretty much everything I did. Which was why since we'd split up, I was finally free to let loose and enjoy myself after all the years of nagging and deprivation she'd put me through.

Funny thing was, Beth had been fun and carefree for the first few years of our marriage, and we were really happy. Then we had our sons, and her personality took a drastic change. She became this crazed earth mother, and suddenly everything I was doing was wrong. Though I would never have been the one to walk out on my marriage, I was more than relieved when she finally said she wanted out and got a place of her own.

Pushing that thought aside, for the first time in a long time, I realized I was enjoying myself, as we sat smiling into each other's eyes and sharing tastes of each other's ice cream. Though a part of me could hardly believe that I was face to face with Carly Mathison, the only mother I'd ever had a thing for, in all the years I'd taught.

She was just such a ray of sunshine whenever she'd come into the school to pick up her sons. I'd always marvelled at the way her face would light up the moment she saw them, and it really warmed me to see how openly affectionate she was with them.

A lot of parents acted like their kids were a constant source of annoyance, and let them know it, too. They'd be grumbling and scowling at them the instant they saw them, about anything they might have forgotten, like their homework, and if they had their hats, or boots or whatever. But not Carly, she'd just hug her sons tight, drop a kiss on their cheeks and smile as they shared their day with her on their way back out to her car.

No small wonder her sons were not only the best behaved, but also the most cooperative, brightest and most well-adjusted kids I'd ever had the pleasure of teaching.

"So, you're out on your own today, are you?" I asked, wondering where the rest of her family was.

She nodded, and wiped at the corners of mouth with a napkin. "Actually I'll be on my own for the whole summer. My ex-husband has taken the boys over to England, to spend some time with his parents and show them around the country where he was born."

"Oh, sorry to that, I didn't know you were divorced." But inside my head, I was pumping my fist and yelling, 'Yes!!!' Though I could honestly feel for her, because I knew first hand that divorce was no picnic, since it had been hard on all of us when Beth and I had split up. I still couldn't hold back a smile, knowing that the secret object of my affection was hopefully now free as a bird.

Thinking back as we ate, the only other occasion I'd spent any real time with her had been on a school ski trip. Her oldest son Caden was in my class that year and she'd volunteered to come along and help out.

We'd probably sat together for a good five hours or more on the bus ride going from the city, north to the ski hills, and back again.

And as we talked and laughed together, I realized just how effortless it was to be with her. She had a quick wit, was well versed in pretty much every subject we touched on, and the hours we spent together just seemed to fly by. She was such a breath of fresh air.

Barry Foster, the gym teacher had brought along a flask of brandy. After the long chilly day we'd spent on the slopes, once we'd made sure all the kids were accounted for and safely on the bus, standing out behind, where no one could see us, he offered me a swig, and I looked at Carly who was standing next to me and offered it to her first. Seeing as it was a bitterly cold day, and we could hardly wait to get back in the bus to warm up, once everyone was finally seated, she shrugged, took a healthy swig and handed it back. Then I grinned at her, and took a big gulp too, before I passed it back to Barry.

And I could feel it warm me right down to my frozen toes.

So, when we got on the bus, and by silent mutual consent sat beside each other again, we were feeling a little looser on the trip back. As we travelled south along the highway when she leaned in close to talk to me, over the chatter of the kids, I just couldn't tear my eyes off the lush fullness of her lips; such a soft delicate pink, shimmering with just a hint of gloss. They just looked so kissable, and her brandy laced breath felt so warm. We looked into each other's eyes, and everything else seemed to fade away as we both began to lean in. And I damn near lost my head and kissed her.

Until suddenly it dawned on me that both of us were married, and that we were hardly alone, on a bus full of kids with eagle-eyed teachers and a couple of other parents that would undoubtedly notice if we started making out.

I pulled back then, straightened up in my seat and so did she. And as I sat thinking about what we'd almost done, I wasn't sure if I was more relieved or disappointed that it hadn't happened. But since I'd never dream of cheating on my wife, no matter how bad things at the time were getting at home, I decided it was just as well that I hadn't given into temptation for just a fleeting taste of her lips.

Though I had a pretty strong feeling, no matter how light, it would have been a kiss I'd never forget.

Looking at her now though, I started smiling as I felt a similar rush of desire filtering through me -- which I realized I hadn't felt in a very long time.

But now, since neither of us was married anymore and there was no denying that I still had a bit of a thing for her, I wondered what she'd think of us even just hanging out together -- like friends.

CARLY

Wow! I couldn't believe that I was actually sitting and enjoying a few minutes alone with Ewan McKenzie. Every mother in the school was a little infatuated with him, including, or maybe even especially me. Whenever he'd flash me that dimpled smile, I could actually feel my heart skip a beat. I felt like a teenager with a secret crush whenever I was around him.

And he still looked really good, too, even in his early forties.

Seeing as I was now single, I let my eyes do a little wandering while we ate. And I've gotta say, 'Mr. McHottie', as us moms used to call him under our breath, was looking hotter than ever. So fit and tanned and toned. And those long-lashed silver-blue eyes just looked so teasing, no wonder I could never talk to him without getting a little warm and fuzzy and totally tongue-tied, which had been really awkward at parent/teacher meetings.

And that slight, reddish-gold GQ beard he had going on now, was sexy as hell, too.

But the thing about him that always impressed me was that he didn't seem to be aware of just how attractive he actually was.

And it wasn't just his looks that appealed to me. He was just such a nice, caring man. I know my two sons had loved having him as their teacher, and told me so all the time. He was so dedicated, had a way of making learning fun and really seemed to care about the kids he taught, even the trouble makers, or maybe especially the more challenging ones.

I can still remember the few times I'd seen him talking patiently with misbehaving kids who were kicking at the walls and glaring back at him. Until, he got them to calm down and admit that the way they were behaving wasn't going to get them anywhere, without ever raising his voice. Till finally, the fight would go out of them and the kids would nod, and he'd give them a reassuring pat on the shoulder to let them know that he was there for them, and that he cared.

The man definitely had a gift.

And right now I was revelling in just being able to share a couple of minutes of alone time with him, since now we were both on our own, and luckily the school rules about parents and teachers fraternizing would no longer apply. My boys had both moved onto middle school, and weren't even in his school anymore, never mind his classroom.

When I noticed he had a dab of chocolate on the end of his nose. I was about to let him know and pass him a napkin, so he could wipe it off, when the devil in me made me decide to have a little fun with him. So, I reached out, and brushed it off with my finger, and of course licked it into my mouth. "You had a little ice cream there," I told him, and had to fight not to laugh at the way his eyes flared, as he watched the finger I'd just brushed over his skin, disappear into my mouth.

With his eyes steady on mine, his voice dropped as he murmured, "It's melting so fast, I could have it anywhere..."

Oh, god, what a thought. I clenched my thighs together tight as my gaze instantly dropped to his beautifully muscled bare chest, and the tantalizing line of sun-bleached hair that trailed south, disappearing into his shorts. I could feel my nipples growing hard, as I imagined how incredible it would feel to trace a path all over that magnificent body of his with nothing but my tongue.

I was so lost in my lusty thoughts that I had to give my head a shake to even hear what he was saying. And I knew if he had even an inkling of where my mind was wandering, he'd probably think I was desperate -- which sadly, wasn't far from the truth.

Since my husband left me over a year and a half ago, I had to admit that I was feeling more than a little deprived, with no man in life. Which naturally had me wondering as I smiled into his sexy blue eyes, what Mr. McHottie would think about us having a little fun together. After all, we were both on our own now, so no guilt would be involved. And I'd always imagined I'd felt a little spark of awareness crackling between us whenever we'd talked, though with both us being married at the time, neither of us had ever done anything to fan it into a full blown fire. Even on that long bus trip where we'd sat side by side for hours enjoying each other's company, when I'd almost lost my head, gave in and kissed him, we both did the right thing and held back.

Though I suspected for years that my ex-husband Craig had been cheating on me, especially when he'd go out of town on business, often for a week at a time, I just wasn't the type to step outside of my marriage, no matter how bleak it had become.

After he'd finally come clean and told me he'd been having an affair with one of his co-workers for years, now that he'd moved out and we were divorced, I was free now to live my life any way I pleased.

And I knew one thing. It would sure be a pleasure to spend some alone time with gorgeous Ewan McKenzie, providing of course he felt the same way about me.

He drew my attention back to where I was when he patted my hand and said, "I was planning on going in for a swim after this. You want to join me?"

I grinned and wiggled my eyebrows. "Yeah, I'm getting kind of hot."

Both of us smiled at that, and I thought I detected a little swelling going on in his board shorts. So I knew I wasn't the only one getting overheated as I thought about what it might be like with him.

Once we'd cleaned up the mess we'd made, and walked down together to the shoreline, I smirked as I noticed him checking me out with the side-eye as I shimmed out my shorts.

Standing before him in my little pink bikini, I just hoped I looked okay. After all, I'd had two kids, and in six short months I'd be turning forty. But since I tried to keep in shape with regular trips to the gym and walks around the neighborhood, and now morning runs on the beach, I hoped he wasn't turned off by the fact that I clearly wasn't a kid anymore.

But after he'd given me the once over, I just loved how he gave me a flash of those sexy dimples as he looked into my eyes, to let me know that he liked what he was seeing. When I finally blew out the breath I'd been holding, I took a few steps into the water.

It was just so hot out, with not much of a breeze to even move around the air. As I waded up to my ankles, I couldn't get over how super warm the water at the shoreline felt, like wading into soup.

Gradually the water got deeper. There was no big drop off, which was nice for the families who were playing in the sand by the shoreline with their little ones, with brightly covered beach umbrellas dug into the sand to shade them as they laughed and played with buckets, shovels and beach balls in the water.

Side by side, smiling over at each other, Ewan and I gradually waded out to the deeper, cooler water further off shore that had us both laughing and gasping, when the initial shock of it hit his privates and my sensitive breasts.

"Yikes that cold," I said, stopping in place. I shook my head, shivering as I looked out across the lake. "I don't know if I want to go in any deeper."

Ewan reached out and took my hand. "Come on, you can do it. It's still too shallow to swim here, and you'll get used to it, I promise."

Despite the fact I had goosebumps breaking out on my goosebumps, I let him lead me out to the deeper water, wincing the whole time as the colder water shocked my girls, making my nipples go hard as pebbles.

A lot braver than I was, splashing water over his chest and arms, to get his body acclimatized, Ewan said, "Well, at least it'll cool us off." Once he was wet, he nodded at me. "Just go for it and dive in, and it'll feel good."

I wasn't so sure. Then I watched him dive under and swim beneath the surface for a bit, before he circled back towards me. Rather than just standing and watching him swim, I decided to pull up my big girl panties, and I sucked it up, took a deep breath, dove under and followed him into the cool water. He was right though, after the initial shock hit me, it didn't take long to get used to, and gradually it just felt refreshing and didn't feel too bad anymore.