All Comments on 'A Tale Of Two Bitches'

by Rhein1

Sort by:
  • 116 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
walking away is okay

but destroying the son of a bitch is better

1 star

zed0zed0almost 13 years ago
Mediocre Story

It's pretty obvious why she chose another man over the bland piece of milk toast she was married to. At least he wasn't a total wimp and dumped the slut so I gave you a three. Would have been a four but you jumped back and forth between first and third person a couple of times which was awkward for this reader to follow.

TNDRIVERTNDRIVERalmost 13 years ago
Disagree about revenge

I would have to get even with the both of them, Braun would have lost his man card as I'd probably pointed a weapon of some kind at his balls the entire time was having to conversation with Cathy, heck a couple of hours with a shotgun pointed at your nut might just give him performance problems for a long while to come. But as I come from one of the few remaining at fault states Cathy wouldn't have faired so well in the divorce, plus using my own circumstances community property laws would hurt her in my state as I inherited my house so wouldn't be part of the settlement, my parents made provisions that protect me in most cases anyway. But payback as long as it is mostly legal or at least you word against theirs is not only acceptable inmy book should be expected. The when and where of the taking of my revenge would be of my choosing and they would never know it was coming and for that matter probably would not be aware I was planning any to began with.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
You are right

I suppose people abandon their religion fast when it becomes inconvenient. That, or there aren't many Christians reading these stories.

skipperrskipperralmost 13 years ago
Should have known from the start

I should have quit reading after the beginning. He allowed a young dog to be destroyed just because he went to welcome his owner of three years, instead of staying with the man he had known for two weeks. Unconscionable (if that is the correct spelling). And isn't that the opposite of what he was looking for from his wife?

teh568teh568almost 13 years ago
I Really Don't Understand

If they were together for the last twenty-four years, shouldn't she have known what his responce was going to be? I mean, come on, she knew she was destroying her marriage and relationship with her husband. If I was the husband, I would have made sure that she definately got less (much less) than half. A divorce on the grounds of adultery sounds just about right. Particularly, if thier son and the rest of the combined families here about it. She treated him like crap, she deserves the same.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Lose the racism

Lose the racism. Having your character's wife cheat with a black man in both of your stories is distracting and offensive. Also, you put the wrong bitch down.

cloacascloacasalmost 13 years ago
No excuse for this person

He let a 3 year old healthy, happy dog be killed because he's a total moron. Shameful. Shame on you for writing it. I'd describe your character as a rigid turd who deserves to be flushed.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
wimp ending

What you do is sue for alienation of affection, the guy owns a business, take it from him. The exwife is a piece of trash better gone and forgotten. Did notice mentally in the story the defiler was black, if hs was this story should have been in interracial fetish instead of loving wives.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
I liked it.

Sometimes the cheater needs to live out their mistake. He was smart enough to know that things went to far, and nothing would change it. He cut his losses and went on. She apparently did the same. Nothing else to say.

JustForPostingJustForPostingalmost 13 years ago
Poor writing

Flat, emotionless descriptive tale, not a story as such.

I was distracted by the continual shifts between first- and third- person POV. I said this, and Ken did that, back to I did so and so, and Ken felt this way... Really, did you proof it at all?

The shit with the dog was cruel and unnecessary as well.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
nothing feels better

than a fist in her lovers parts except the bullet in his and her bodies as they fuck in the unmarked grave as the lime eats their dead flesh away. and yes it's all in the planning. good revenge is better than sex.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago

The dog being put down was distracting and didn't make sense.

RHinSCRHinSCalmost 13 years ago
He should have kept the dog

They are loyal as was proven in the story. In time the dog would have been loyal to him. The wife was worthless trash. I disagree, the negro needed to be taught a lesson. He did not learn anything. He is living in the mans house now. He is smiling thinking he fucked the white husband over. That smile needs to be erased. They may or may not have problems in the future, but doing nothing is....nothing. It also lets them believe that they can continue to get away with it. Wouldn't that encourage their friends to do the same?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
I felt bad for the dog

but not the wife

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Great choice - get rid of the slut & get a new dog.

Just goes to show how manipulative spouses can be & the divorce was a must but he should have gotten some decent revenge. Enjoyed the tale, author - please keep them coming [obviously, non-wimp plots].

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Ehhhh!

This guy would be a worthless father. The dog has no idea what the choice is. One master he's had for years, and one he's had for weeks. Of course he greets the old one, and for the moment ignores the new one. To the dog, there are no consequences they can understand.

The husband was a cartoon of man. He obviously had problems communicating with his wife, so probably the end was assured, one way or the other.

Now the wife that's different. That was fair as she knew the risks.

So the story could have been better for me with more nuanced characters. But to those threatened by interracial stuff, and admiring a man who can't discuss problems (prior to the adultery) it has it's appeal.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago

Not a bad story. Pity about the female dog, she didn't know what she was doing she was just getting fucked to breed by instinct. The other bitch knew what she was doing and should have been the one that was shot, both her and her black fucker as well. The one good thing about this story is that the husband cut his losses and moved on and divorced the bitch wife. And in the process the writer has pissed off the cuck readers, that was a bonus. Well done.

demantoiddemantoidalmost 13 years ago
Brilliant story!

I loved the two metaphors...one of the bitch being put down and the metaphor of "home improvement". Great juicy irony. I also enjoyed the delicious tension of the husband's discovery and the confrontation with his ally, the old neighbor. This is a well written short story with a disciplined plot line and a very appealing gentle rhythm. Thank you for entertaining me Rhein with your literary talents.

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 13 years ago
about as awful as you can get

while a fucking idiot like Demantoid cannot see it... a DOG and a woman are not the same thing. The wife is vile but the angle here used by the author is very sexist

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
You are wrong

Revenge is very satisfying.............I've lived many years by the rule that if you hurt me and leave me breathing you have made a painful mistake. I love it. This is written by a tree hugging shit slinger. Keep turning that other cheek and you'll get your fucking head knocked clean off. And you were too big of a wuss to keep the dog.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Good story!

I agree about leaving the revenge alone. In this case divorce was revenge enough. The husband only lost a sorry wife and kept his self respect. I don't understand some of the readers problem with interracial sex. That is something that has been going on for centuries and is nothing new.

I like your realism. Please continue writing.

BigJohn601BigJohn601almost 13 years ago
Interesting story but I don't understand why .....

He would give up a good dog to be put down and then bend over and take it up the poop shute from his slut wife and her scuzzy lover and give them the house. I would have burned it down first. Good story but it would be better if you gave the husband some balls. The old neighbor had more guts than this wimp. Sometimes a man has to do what a man has to do and this was a time somebody need an ass kicking.

chytownchytownalmost 13 years ago
THIS STORY!!!!!!!

Is just tasteless well written but tasteless. Sorry but that is my read on it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Poor Marv

There goes the neighborhod.

Ghost_247Ghost_247almost 13 years ago
What a Prick!

The wife part? Meh, wasn't anything really new, but the husband was a total prick about the dog. It's a DOG! It doesn't know any better. From the the dogs perspective, the person it's lived with for three years or the one it's known for a couple of weeks or so.

To stretch an analogy, replace the "dog" with "a three year child". Is it still OK to say, "made up it's mind. oh well".

PistolpackinpetePistolpackinpetealmost 13 years ago
Back to...

...Dark Wanderer,buddy....

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Write the sequel...

You left some unfinished business.Time to write the sequel:"The neighbor revenge."

hahaha.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
What a stupid shit!!!!

I would have sued for alienation of affection after I sold my share of the house and then took the house back and sold it, and his business and everything else he had of value. And then, used the money to have his cock and balls removed and sent to his bitch.

Get real!!! by doing nothing you were cuckholded again. Grow some balls!!!!!!

drtsdrtsover 12 years ago
Revenge should be served cold

He should have kept the house the sold it after the divorce...

COLD REVENGE

Good story I enjoyed it

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
I'm not be Racist

One of the people said have the husband sued for alienation of affection, that is OK if the other guy had money. Can't get blood from a turnip. The dude has a police record and makes his living as a handy man. That means his work is mostly seasonal and his cash flow will go up and down. Now he got a Ho so he will be selling her ass to make the big house payments. Remember she still not full time yet at work and they already had a cash flow problem before she hired the handy man. He lost this job since the husband will no longer pay for the work on the house. I'm not be Racist, I'm stating some facts from the story and the husband said that the handy man was already enforcing his dominance on his now ex-wife. Her being older then him he will soon sale the house and take the money and drop the bitch off on the street were the other Ho's are working. The husband didn't need to take revenge on the ex, she did it herself. Now on the handy man he should try to set him up so he gets arrested for have drugs on him so he would have to spend all the money from the house sale on lawyers to try to save his ass.

tazz317tazz317almost 12 years ago
MAN IS A CONVERTED BEING

true to all.....true to his friends.......true to himself. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Wouldn't have given them the house

.

BigJohn601BigJohn601almost 12 years ago
At least the first bitch got put down...

No way would the second bitch got the house or any damn thing else. What a wimp. I would say it was a tale of three bitches

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
liberal bullshit

REVENGE FEELS GREAT ASK OSAMS BEN FUCKWAD REVENGE IS NUMBER 1 AND SHOULD BE PRACTICED ESPECIALLY AGAINST CHEATING MUD HENS

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
you talk like a brit

shit on me and i take it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Yep you will find your own fate, for sure

No matter what you do with your life, you will continue to get your ass raped by those who would plan on taking advantage of you.

The honor you feel is only because you do not have the spark of vitality that causes one to stand up and be counted.

Think of this: according to your story, this asshole has a history of domestic violence. He also took your house, and that was obviously intentional... this guy thinks he can just take whatever he likes, and he did.. According to your story, he is also in the process of de-humanising your ex, turning her into his subservient cow.

Righto, now suppose your son returns home after his service overseas. If he takes after you, he will take one look at his mother's new life, shrug and walk away. But... she is his mother... not some woman who betrayed him. To desert your mother is a whole different level of cowardise.

So what legacy have you handed your son? Either you will witness your son kick himself in the balls and become morose like his old man... or he will right the situation. So instead of being a man, you risk gaol time for your own boy.

Right. Revenge is NOOO good. Your honorable.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 12 years ago
Damn

First off, that asshole Tom put the dog down for no reason. He should die himself.

Now to the story. Ken should have grown a bigger pair and punished his cunt whore wife and her asshole lover. At least make them fight for control of the house. No, he folded like a pussy. Or wimp. He got no revenge or retribution. Not even anything legal. Just a wimp. Maybe a ch. 2 could fix this. Hmmm...

cantbuymycantbuymyalmost 12 years ago
it was well written

but it left me lacking. like a meal that was well prepared but the cooking failed to live up to the preparation. i gave it 5 stars but still i felt a little empty.

BigJohn601BigJohn601over 11 years ago
I like the premise but I just don't get your point.....

I would have not given the bitch nothing but what she deserved........her ass out on the streets. I would have never given her anything and poor old stud would have been neutered. How did she suffer....not.

tazz317tazz317over 11 years ago
#2 WALK, DONT RUN

but the memories will be made of this, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
It seemed to have potential early on

but the latter half of the story seem contrived and not very realistic. As usual the white wife was seduced by the excon black dude she hired for long work. That previous sentence is based on a very popular cliche and here is where the story breaks down. Also for her to willingly stay with him after being divorced and when she finds out his dominering which over time will only get worse suggests highly that she left the marriage with very low esteem and will find her esteem falling over time with the ass whip. Any normal person has to answer how could a married woman for over two decades of happiness so easily jump into adultery and the destruction of her marriage ? This just doesn't ring true, stereotype or not !

BfreetorunBfreetorunover 11 years ago
Mr. Reasonable folded like a church fan on a hot August Sunday.

I thought this was in a revenge section, I guess it was in the wimp section. He got a divorce and gave her half of everything. What a man! With no revenge on the contractor! Rhein1 needs to write another chapter and insert some revenge or just quit writing, period. The simile with the dog was misplaced, I thought he was going to kill his wife instead of just giving her what she thought she wanted plus half of everything.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggabout 11 years ago
Faithless Bitch Begone ! Supurb Story ( except for the dog test )

I loved the story and the author's skill and hold both in the highest regard if not the narrator per se. In some very tangible ways, he brought this calamity on himself. First of all real men handle their own landscaping at least in terms of suburb lawn care.

Secondly no man gets to spend weeks upon weeks on another's property without a face to face meeting as Braun was able to do. Any fan of cheating blues songs or Loving Wives stories knows you don't let a dirty ground hog root around your backdoor unchecked ( just ask John Lee Hooker ).

It was also evident that the narrator had ceded control of household to his part-time employed wife despite the fact he earned more money, in the initial small tiff cc the need for initial job. He let her ( later proven to be a dumb bitch ) be the leader of the pack. She literally" challenged" him and he backed down.

Look I hope it's evident I'm 2nd guessing shamelessly here with just a bit of dark humor . Yet that doesnt mean I don't mean most of what I say. Life is complex with shades of gray but still ... this didn't happen from a complete void. I hold the husband responsible for a lesser but tangible part of the marriage's demise.

Poor Daisy though ! She spent only a few weeks with the narrator & was supposed to choose him over the master she knew for years? As a dog lover, I deem that test fatally flawed & unfair.

I'm still five starring the story because I agree with all positive points other comments have made before, but had to growl a little over that aspect. Grrr !

RhomanovRhomanovabout 11 years ago
No Fault State? Alienation? Sue Business?

Good premise but woefully unfleshed.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 11 years ago
Loved it

Heart wrenching. Would love to read a sequel.

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 10 years ago
A strong man who let something stop him

He said he loved and wanted her happy - OK whatever

He said revenge was not useful against a man who contrived to destroy his life and succeeded and the threatened to do him direct harm - no I do not think just walking off was enough for Marcey boy.

His level of emotional investment seemed more appropriate for a man who had been through enough to not give a crap anymore -

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Another spineless husband

Wife cheats. Wife gets lover and house. Husband walks away with his "self respect".

What a gutless wonder. When he let the dog die I knew this guy was a sack of shit. Your ending just proved it to me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
He gets half, she gets half.

That's fucking reality anon, deal with it.

5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
I don't know

A worthless scum ends up with one half of everything you've worked for, for decades? I dunno, but I think I would need my pound of flesh, however deviously I needed to be.

tazz317tazz317over 10 years ago
CASTING ONES FATE TO THE WINDS

leeward and windward lets one choose the backdraft, TK U MLJ LV NV

sdc92078sdc92078about 10 years ago
A wholly unfair rush to judgement, with tragic results

It takes way more than just two weeks for a dog to bond to a new owner. Poor Daisy deserved better.

JimSensesJimSensesalmost 10 years ago
Sell the house

Good story. Personally I would have sold the house so neither of them would get it and my neighbor would not have to put up with them. Why should I lose what I built up in a lifetime. At least the house might end up with someone that would be more deserving.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
So the neighbors get pentalized by having a whore and a black guy living next door!

Well, la dee da, some pay back, huh? Any guts and he would of taken pictures and sent them to all her family and friends. She would of gotten a case of severe STD from him and ended up living in a woman's shelter.

kjohns2001kjohns2001almost 10 years ago
not even a one

Why do people write about husbands who go along with cheating sluts, or getting off on being cheated on? Of course having a cheated on husband say that revenge is nothing is not any better. I did not rate as even a one is still a positive and they don't have negative ratings. If they had I would have chosen the next to lowest. Lowest would go to the stories about idiots who agreed to be cheated on or who got off on it. I'm not saying that the author is a bad writer, not at all. I'm saying I simply don't care for these kind of stories.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
kjohns?

you're on the wrong site you fucking moron.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
When sailors put to see?

This I gotta sea!

I bailed after that shit.

honey_licker1124honey_licker1124almost 10 years ago
I enjoyed it. I didn't look through...

all the 58 comments but after all this story was submitted in June 2011. I see the similarities between this and your new story "Two Inches Too Far" and looking over the titles on your submission page, I see that probably most of all your stories are along the same vein. I plan to start the story of the WWII vet in 1969. I'm sure there was a "Jody" back home that banged his wife while he was away fighting for his country. I know there was a lot of that in WW2 and Vietnam as well.

Anyway 5 *'s again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
DAMN

We need more bang for our buck, I mean time. Look we need craziness, shit flying all over the place. BTB in a nice way okay it you want but do it. It will make your stories more appealing to your readers.....bill....some other ideas are: Plot, more intertwined by smaller ones, a super big climax (lol) with a bunch of smaller to bigger ones and O, and ant-climaxes are cool tooo. You come out of the gate fast and strong but your horse loses its focus and runs into the audience (thats us). Good Luck

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 8 years ago
Second time through...

Thanks for the offering.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
good read 5*

but fuck dignity! burn the bitch and her big black cock.

its the dog i feel sorry for.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
decent story

but how exactly does a cheater get half of everything? 20/80 at best sorry. its called a prenup....

SkibumSkibumover 7 years ago
How a cheater gets half...

Most divorces in the US are covered under "no fault" statutes, where adultery has no effect on the settlement.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
give them house

But first dismantle all the work they did. Boy are you simple

I have now read all your stories PATTERN

wife cheats husband does nothing but hide his head then boohoo after the divorce

Too much son in florida there bucko

sugnasugnaover 7 years ago
I Liked It

It is life, it is reality. There is no fighting it, she made her choice. Now she would have to live with it. Why waste time on being angry, just accept the truth and move on.

Of course, I like the idea about sabotaging the house before leaving - more for fun than revenge. Clog the main waste line, loosen some fittings on the plumbing supply lines (especially gas lines) Start a rat colony in a crawlspace, all things that are not directly traceable.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJover 7 years ago
unfinished

According to his history Marc will physically hurt her probably badly. When that happens, what follows? Most of your stories all leave us a little empty because of no real conclusions.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 7 years ago
Your stories need more

You leave me curious about the aftermath.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 7 years ago
@ silentsound ( respectfully )

We can agree there are valid points of tension left hanging at conclusion. That, however, is pretty much Rhein1's MO. He opts for flash story format in almost every submitted work that I know of. I already commented on the story and don't want to repeat myself but one tidbit that jumps out at me on second reading is the character of Marv .

He was the feisty 80 year old neighbor who gave narrator a heads-up about the affair, then pulled gun when husband was about to get beaten down for interrupting tryst. We need more Marvs in this world. It's one of the small nuances that separates this author ahead of the others.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
You have it all wrong!

Revenge is GREAT! He should get him some and feel better. Taking the high road sucks.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
i thought writers wanted to be read?

iv'e read two of your tales and neither in my opinion was finished. readers like complete stories, i suspect people will not bother like me after the first couple.

gmann57gmann57almost 7 years ago

Heres how it went, The black guy got the white cunt pregnant and left her

ScorpioJJScorpioJJalmost 7 years ago
The son comes home on shore leave

Sees the asshole treating his mother like shit and beats him almost to death. Asshole runs away and mother is alone from then on.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
SUCKS

This fucking puece of shit story sucks a big green donkey dick. Just fucking awful!!!

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 6 years ago
Yeah

let him whip the guys ass instead of the old man saving him. Or let the old man shoot him.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 6 years ago
Thoughts

As a dog lover, I'm sad that Daisy was put down, but glad that Ken didn't do it. I find it surprising that since he had bonded with her, and knew that Tom had no place for her, that he didn't just keep her? She had been Tom's dog, and surely didn't know the situation, so the result of the "test" should have been expected and not held against her.

"It's not as bad as you think!" - Um, wasn't Marc just talking about being together as man and wife? How much worse could it be?

Braun is calling Tom a sneaking son of a bitch? LOL!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Possibly the lamest ending...

...that I have read in the last year.

anonymousinblueanonymousinblueabout 6 years ago

I like the variation of "it's not what you think" that you used. I snickered. The story sort of grated on about revenge a bit too much like a manifesto. Really beating that horse, pal. Wham, wham, wham. Winny. Wham, wham, wham. Bluurrghhh. Wham, wham, wham. Twitch. Not all your readers have a second grade education, I made it past fourth grade before I was promoted to CEO. I thought it was funny how Marv "returned to his post at the peephole" after there was no point in doing so other than for personal gratification.

kiteareskitearesalmost 6 years ago
20 minutes I'll never get back

The only decent man in this was Marv, even then you have to wonder how long he was getting his jollies before he said anything ;)

Ken was a twat thinking the dog would be anything other than loyal to her owner, now if Tom had gone away for a year and come back, it would be different. Tom and the vet were cruel ignorant wankers allowing a healthy dog to be put down, there are things like advertising, re-homing services. Really should have stopped there.

Ken was a sneak? I think I would have doubled over at that point and when I'd stopped laughing gone and wrecked his junk ffs he was getting dressed...it was a crime of passion, I thought my wife was being attacked.

Now after a few weeks with her potential new owner, Cathy was not given the same choice as Daisy, though after 24 years, I guess she already knew how intractable he was.

The house had no mortgage and they had saved a few bucks along the way, he kept the few bucks for 1/2 the house. Personally I would not have made it that easy and sold the house and given her what was required by the court. Poor Marv having to live next door to the man he pulled a gun on, did he not get a restraining order too?

His final revenge was knowing the author had put in place all the BBC tropes, so the next thing to happen would be she was going to be trained to be a good whore for all his friends before becoming a thoroughly worn out and used up shell, kicked to the curb after being a good girl and signing the house over to Marc.

ErotFanErotFanover 5 years ago
Another unfinished story

I wonder if Cathy thought of the ultimate end for Daisy when Ken asked her if she remembered the dog? Especially with Marv holding the pistol.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Oh Yeah?

I beg to differ. “revenge is the most worthless of causes”? I disagree. Revenge, properly executed, can give you an emotional high that will last a lifetime. Sometimes it is the only way to purge the poison inflicted on you by others. No, amigo, revenge is not worthless, in many instances it can be priceless. .D.

PowersworderPowersworderover 5 years ago

Started off well and turned to shit.

Revenge is very importantly psychologically. It can repair your damaged ego and self esteem. He absolutely should have found a way to destroy the asshole that fucked his wife, especially as that would leave her with no one.

26thNC26thNCalmost 5 years ago
Revemge

You have to get your revenge on Braun. Divorcing the cheating bitch and letting her tell your so why is good. But you need to bring down the bastard just for the fun of it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
husband look like a fool

a weak wimp and if the old man wasn't there ,he would've got a asswhipping.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsalmost 5 years ago
He had the dog put down because she . . .

. . . recognized her original owner? Yeah, that was just a plot device, but it was a horrible one. At least he didn’t have his wife put down.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
stupid modern attitude has no actual justifications

'revenge wouldn't solve anything' my whole life i grew up around smart people...that parrot that. but truly smart people don't parrot. they were indoctrinated. it's a belief you hold, without evidence.

history is NOT full of evidence that forgoing revenge is the better option.

history IS full of evidence where revenge either solved a problem, prevented future problems, or at the least satisfied our psychological need for it. history may point out the social cohesive factor in forgiveness, but that was for very specific tight-knit communities. which we see less of. and forgiveness is predicated on showing complete and utter deference towards the victim at first. without that, the original social cohesive form of forgiveness cannot exist. it re-establishes social taboos and the consequences of breaking them without complete execution of those consequences.

all my life....if i was wronged, and forgave easily.....i was routinely abused for it. but if i was aggressive to my abusers, they became complacent....weak...docile....some of them even learned from it. if i was overly aggressive...the worst that happened was sometimes i lost a little standing among some friends. but my attackers were even MORE docile. i think the problem with 'nice people' is they think revenge it petty driven or ego driven. this is, at best, only partially true. what you'r doing is completely breaking a toxic habit of one person towards at least one other person....using Pavlovian stimuli-response. it's that simple. Nietzsche pointed out how forgiveness was mainly a survival strategy for the disposesed. it gave them a feeling of superior morality, and also gave them the promise that their aggressor would....eventually....find punishment after death. it helped these minority groups co habitat with the ruthless successfully. even if they suffered for it all the time....they did at least raise their own DNA into the next generation.

VanescaVanescaalmost 5 years ago
Looking back

Years after the divorce, he will reflect on how he acted towards the adulteress and the ex-convict who lured her to foresake her marriage vows; and he will have no regrets because he conducted himself like a gentleman. However, his actions toward the dog are a disgrace, and he is to be condemned for stupidity and cruelty of the worst sort. Attempting to pair these two dichotomous situations together in the manner chosen by the author reflects poorly on his abilities. Sorry! That's just the way I see it.

ribnitinribnitinover 4 years ago

Switching from 1st person to 3rd person back to 1st is awkward to follow

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 4 years ago
She seems to have a poor future.

I've said it before: there is no such thing as innocent flirtation. It is dangerous and insulting to all involved.

chilleywilleychilleywilleyover 4 years ago
Of the revenge crowd

Iorena bobbet is the only one I ever read about that cut off genitalia. All you tough talking he men, in your dreams...and thank heaven for that.

5*

TorgauTorgauabout 4 years ago

Geez! The "hero" treated a poor dog worse than his wife. Sorry, pal, but revenge is a dish best served cold and is actually a lot of fun, but only if you get away with it.

lee5456lee5456over 3 years ago
The ex wife has to get a job

I hear Sluts R Us is hiring

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
He Should Have

Kept Daisy, no matter how you look at it her love was pure. Signed: BTW

WargamerWargamerover 3 years ago

Looks like she’ll get what she deserves, in spades!

3/5

IndyOnIndyOnover 3 years ago

Is it too much to ask you to FINISH YOUR DAMN STORIES?

WillowghbyWillowghbyabout 3 years ago
Whoa!

I rarely comment on a story this long in the tooth, much less in a stable of stories that have been dormant since July 2014. It is the tone of the comments below that cause me to override that norm.

Whoa! We have the "viscous revenge seekers" who seek blood and guts, and the "racists" who see the world in black and white (and yellow and brown, I guess.) Neither group strikes me as very rational or mature in our present world. I suggest a calm smile, and a bit of calm, kind of like our MC displayed.

I'm sorry to see this talented author no longer contributing to Lit. Thanks to him for what he did share.

MarkT63MarkT63about 3 years ago

I agree with his outlook. Betray me and live with your choices...

helix247helix247about 3 years ago

Very sad for Daisy the dog. The choice he gave her was deeply unfair. His indifference to her fate was horrible.

As for the humans in the story, not one is sympathetic. All got what they deserved.

A better story might be told from Daisy’s point of view. At least we’d have one character we could care about!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

A dog is murdered because she felt closer to the man who had kept her for years rather than someone she stayed with for two weeks? The MC and his drinking buddy are total psychopaths. Furthermore, the MC has the emotional maturity of a preschooler.

The wife is lucky she did not also get the death penalty for hurting her poor little hubby's feelings.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Ruined a good story by forcing in coal-burning .

FYI , we women in real life are repulsed by that shit .

One star .

-julie

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Really a stupid story. There needs to be some sort of payback. How about Marc cheats on her and gets beat up by another husband then she loses him? Anything to put some sort of payback. This walk away plan was wimpy. Do we ever get her final reaction? Maybe some firm of regret. What about the son? What was his reaction. I can't even stretch this to score it a 2.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous