A Tale of Two Kitties

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Shasta leaned over and kissed my cheek. "You make her very proud I'm sure."

I blushed, yet again. Just when I get comfortable being with a friend, she has to go and remind me she's a girl.

Trying to push the awkwardness aside, we started a video series that wasn't too racy, then knocked off for dinner.

Another couple hours studying, then we called it a night. Eris, the traitor, slept with Shasta again.

Sunday was a general repeat of Saturday. We ate, we studied, we perused my collection. We talked some, but no real deep subjects were discussed.

Shasta decided to bunk at my place one more night. Our first classes Monday morning were at the same time, so I'd just drop her off when I got there.

As we were walking across campus a godawful ruckus started behind us. "You Bastard!" Someone screamed. "Yeah, you Darrin! Hey, I'm fucking talking to you, asshole!"

Shasta and I turned, startled and see Stephanie storming across the grass towards us.

Still spouting filth, she made a beeline towards me. "I'm gonna scratch your eyes out!!" She shouted. "You did this to me you Motherfucker!"

Just before she reached me, Shasta stepped between us and growled. "Stop!"

"Move you fucking cunt!" Stephanie screeched and tried to shove Shasta aside. The next thing Stephanie registered was pain and lots of it. Shasta had her on her knees with her right wrist bent at a nearly impossible angle.

"One more step towards Darrin and I'll break it." Shasta said, menacingly. "Now, what exactly is your problem, Bitch?!"

"Him!" She wailed. "It's all his fault!"

Shasta bent the wrist just a bit more. "Calm the fuck down and explain."

"He got me removed from the sorority." She hissed. "I got called before the Dean Friday. He said what I did to Darrin was grounds for expulsion, but if I resigned from the sorority, he wouldn't throw me out. I had no fucking choice. You fucking told him didn't you?" She glared at me.

I shook my head. "I didn't, but I'm sure you won't believe that."

"Did it occur to you that the Dean's wife is a past chapter president?" Shasta asked.

"And just how do you know that?" She spat.

"I was going to pledge." Shasta smiled. "Figured you'd ask all kinds of stupid questions like that, so I studied the chapter history. I imagine she's none too happy with the direction you were taking her beloved sorority in."

"She... she's got no authority here." Stephanie sobbed.

"She sleeps with the Dean you dumb cunt." Shasta hissed. "You can't be so stupid to believe he doesn't listen to her."

Shasta pushed Stephanie hard backwards and released her. She squealed and landed, rather unladylike, on her ass looking up at Shasta. "You brought this on yourself dipshit. Let me make something perfectly clear. The next one of you that lays a hand on me or Darrin, I WILL BREAK IT! Now get up off your fat ass and disappear."

"You haven't heard the last of this." Stephanie threatened as she scampered away rubbing the wrist that Shasta nearly broke.

"Promises, promises. Come on Darrin." Shasta frowned, taking me by the hand.. "Let's get out of here. The level of stupid has become unbearable."

I nodded, still stunned at Shasta's abilities. She's definitely a wildcat when she gets angry. I really hoped nobody else provoked her.

After that little incident, things calmed way down. Seeing that the Dean was involved, most of the power players in the situation didn't want to risk being expelled, or summarily beaten to a pulp by Shasta. It seems a few videos of her abilities were making the rounds. She's very impressive. Seems another video was making the rounds as well. Stephanie's last tirade made it to the Dean's office later that same day. From what I understand, she was expelled, packed and off campus permanently by 5PM the next day.

The week passed with little fanfare. The Dean had sent a clear message, Shasta and I were not to be bothered. Non compliance would be met with severe consequences. They listened. Makes them smarter than Stephanie, not that that was too hard. It was kind of nice.

Friday, another week in the books. Heading to my car, I had a familiar hood ornament. Once again, Shasta was waiting for me.

"Room mate entertaining her beau again this weekend?" I questioned.

"Nope." She chirped. "There will be no 'boring', much to her displeasure."

"Then, why are you perched on my car?" I pondered.

"Me, you, Eris, Anime." She grinned. "The perfect weekend."

"Kinda pushy if you ask me." I chuckled. "Maybe I have plans."

"Do you?" She smiled, already knowing the answer.

"No, I just didn't want you taking me for granted." I said. "I'm utterly predictable."

"You are." She giggled. "If it makes you feel any better, I'll buy the pizza tonight."

"Since we're working on my people skills, I'll allow it." I teased. "Wouldn't want to hurt your feelings."

"Thank you kind sir." She stood, then bowed. "You are most gracious."

This would set the pattern of most of our weekends for the rest of the school year. Even if we needed to study, she felt my place was a better environment for it. Her dorm was too noisy and the library would become more and more crowded as finals approached.

It felt nice to have someone around, even if it was primarily weekends. Friends were something I never really had. Kenji had been one, but being several years older, it wasn't quite the same as Shasta and me. With us being nearly the same age, things flowed better. We had the occasional awkward moment, like when she walked in on me in bathroom in the middle of the night. I hadn't thought to lock the door. It's nice to know she can blush. I was starting to think I had the market on that cornered.

She continued to devour my Anime collection and had talked me into restarting the series that I had to translate for her. It was difficult at first and more than a little embarrassing, talking about some VERY adult situations, but she hung on my every word, really enjoying the story line. In time, it became almost routine.

"I'm really impressed with your progress." She praised after an especially graphic sequence. "I know this hasn't been easy for you, but I appreciate the effort you are showing. I think we better stop here, though. I'm more than a little worked up. I need a break to regain control before I do something I might regret."

I sure the look on my face was one of utter confusion.

"Oh, don't tell me you're not horny after reading that?" She stated.

"I-I am." I answered honestly. "Wait, do you mean you are afraid you might...?"

"Jump your ass." She finished my statement. Instead of a verbal response, she placed one hand on either side of my face, then kissed me. Not a mere peck, but a full blown, toe curling kiss. Eventually she broke the kiss and left me in a boneless heap on the couch. "I'm going outside for a bit to... ah, check on something. Yeah, that."

She was up and out the door before I could register a cogent thought. I was still sitting there an hour later when she returned.

She plopped down next to me. "I guess you might want an explanation?"

I nodded, thought and the associated ability to speak had not yet completely returned.

"In case you were wondering, girls have just as many hormones as guys." She admitted. "The stuff we're reading is pretty explicit and it got to me. I'm not going to apologize unless you want me to. I don't regret kissing you, in fact, I'd like to do it again. You've become a good friend and I think I might like to see if we can become more than that."

"You have romantic feelings for me?" I asked incredulously. "How is that even possible? I mean you're beautiful. Just looking at you sets my heart fluttering. How can you possibly feel anything for me? I'm not handsome, I'm awkward and I'm pretty sure the first time I see a female naked, I'll either puke or pass out, maybe both. You could do far better than me."

"Darrin Joseph Newkirk, don't you dare talk about yourself like that." She spat, hands on her hips. "I happen to think you are more than worthy of me or are you questioning my sanity?"

"I want to." I confessed. "I really want to, but then I'd have to question mine as well. I'm feeling things..."

Words wouldn't come. I was confused, excited, terrified, aroused and several other words ending in -ed. Things were flitting through my head, visions, apparitions. Arms, legs, breasts, all Shasta's and doing things that I could only imagine. Things I wanted to do. I wanted to kiss her. I wanted to run in terror. I wanted to rip off her clothes and ravage her, not that I knew how and those thoughts embarrassed me beyond shame. She was my friend, my ONLY friend. These are NOT the kinds of thoughts someone has about someone they care about, is it?.

"Darrin."

I was hating myself at that moment. I had betrayed her trust, her belief in me.

"Darrin."

I felt like the lowest form of life at that moment. Utterly and completely unworthy of her. I was scum!

"DARRIN!"

My head snapped up at the sound of her raising her voice. She locked eyes with me and reached for my hand. "You're overthinking this." She stated calmly, stroking the back of my hand and smiling. "Get out of your head and just take it for what it is. I like you and I'm pretty sure you like me. There doesn't need to be a reason beyond that. No matter what happens I'll always be your friend, but I think we have an opportunity here for so much more. Don't let fear, or worse yet you thinking you're not worthy, get in the way of you, us, being happy together."

She was right, this is what I always did when I was presented with a situation that I found uncomfortable or unnerving. I'd retreat into my head and try to reason my way out, or I'd panic and run. Oddly, I didn't feel the need to run, just the opposite. I was drawn to Shasta with a power I didn't yet understand. I'd never felt like this before. Normally, I couldn't bear human contact under these circumstances, yet all I wanted to do was touch her, hug her, have her hold me until the world went away and it was just us, now and always.

"Wow." Shasta gasped. "I see so much in your eyes right now. At first it was fear, but it has changed. I'm seeing that you are still frightened, but more and more, I see understanding and dare I say... hope." She smiled a hundred million kilowatts of warmth and happiness at me in that moment. "If it means anything, I'm a bit scared too. My past, relationshipwise is very limited and mostly something I'd rather forget, but I want that to change. I want us to change that for each other."

I nodded. "I-I'd like t-that v-very much." I stuttered. I hugged her and whispered in her ear. "You are the only person that makes me brave enough to do this."

She hugged me just that much harder at my confession, then pulled back slightly staring into my eyes. Beyond my power to stop it, the urge to kiss her overwhelmed me and I moved towards her lips. Her eyes twinkled and she moved in as well. We met somewhere in the middle. (my math brain calculated roughly 75% me 25% her) The moment of impact was registered in my brain for all time with a series of fireworks and emotions I didn't even know I possessed. As the kiss deepened I felt her tongue cautiously touch mine and she sighed. We melted together. Time stopped.

Eventually, we separated and her head fell to my shoulder and she shuddered, a slight moan escaping her smiling lips. "That was... I can't even..." She panted.

"It's the first kiss I ever initiated." I confessed. "Hope it was OK?"

"I think I need to change my panties." She grinned mischievously. "How's that for an answer?"

I blushed and turned away. Shasta reached out and turned my head back, smiled and lightly kissed me. "Please don't be embarrassed. It was wonderful. It wasn't my first, but it was the first one that left me wanting more."

"More?" I nearly gasped.

"And soon." She teased.

"Now?" I asked, shyly.

The look in her eyes was all the answer I needed.

Dinner that evening was late. Our make out session went on much longer than either of us realized. We ended up lying, facing on the couch and gazing at one another. As much as we wanted to stay together, hungry stomachs and full bladders decided otherwise. Eris was perched on the back of the sofa the entire time, I don't know if she was amused or annoyed. Cats are hard to read sometimes.

"I'm gonna hit the bathroom." Shasta groaned as she rose, leaving me feeling empty and alone. "Be a dear and call out for something."

"On it." I chirped, rising to my feet, casting a longing glance at her as she departed the room.

Our bladders had been silenced and we snuggled on the couch awaiting the delivery of our food.

"Can I ask you something?" Shasta asked.

"Sure." I answered.

"Are we moving too fast for you?" She queried. "I don't want you to feel like we have to do this."

"It's all so new, so alien to me." I admitted. "Trust me, I know where all of this might be leading, after all, we're reading a more or less, how-to series, right? It's not the physical part that scares me, that all functions pretty much without my input. It's the emotional part that worries me. I'm not very 'warm and cuddly' and I'm afraid I won't be able to meet your needs. I'm afraid I'll hurt you and not even know I did."

She smiled and kissed the end of my nose. "That's sweet." She sighed. "But you will. And I'll hurt you as well, it's inevitable. It's how we handle it that decides whether we succeed or not. If I say or do anything that bothers you, talk to me. I'll do the same. As long as we communicate, we can work through just about anything. Except cheating. Cheat on me and I'll rip your balls off." She giggled, trying to downplay the threat, but the look in her eyes told me she meant it.

"That will never happen." I assured her. "That one woman has found me interesting enough to pursue was more than I thought I'd ever see, there can't be two."

"So you're settling for me, is that it?" She frowned.

"I-I Oh, um... shit, that's not..." I sputtered.

"Gotcha!" She squealed, laughing so hard she nearly fell of the couch. "I understand what you're trying to say, even if you don't say it well."

She saw my panicked look morph to anger at her response.

"Oh shit!" She sputtered. "I've upset you, I'm so sorry."

Unable to hold the expression, I grinned. "Gotcha back."

She lightly punched my shoulder. "You!! Guess I deserved that. I'm going to have to be careful around you, you're a quick learner."

The sound of my doorbell broke the spell and we rose from the couch and had dinner.

Time moved on and the end of the year was rapidly approaching, along with the last minute push to prepare for our finals. Shasta had all but moved in with me by this time. Her roommate had broken up with her boyfriend and was apparently 'playing the field'. She seldom spent the night alone. Shasta found this to be more than she signed up for and after a rather heated exchange with the roommate about boundaries and acceptable behavior, they parted company.

One evening as we ate after a day of cramming, she asked. "What are your plans for housing next year?"

"I'm staying here." I answered. "I'll be here through the summer as well. I'll go home for a visit or two, but I've been pretty much on my own for a while now. Why?"

"I'm not sure I want to risk another inconsiderate roommate like the one I had this year. Jesus, I've seen more Johnson's than a Minnesota phone book." She stated. "I'd love to get my own place, but I can barely afford the dorm, an apartment is beyond my means. If it weren't for you letting me stay here, I'd probably have flunked out. It's really hard to study with what was going on in my room most nights. Thanks for that, by the way. Don't think I don't appreciate it. You've been a lifesaver."

"You know I've got the extra bedroom that I don't use. It's yours if you want it. We'll just need to get you a bed and a dresser. Believe me, I've more than enjoyed having you here." I said, maybe a bit too enthusiastically.

"Oh?" She raised an eyebrow. "What exactly does that mean?"

I knew her well enough by now that I could tell she was baiting me.

"Well." I pondered. "You do like Anime. You're not hard on the eyes and Eris seems pretty taken with you."

"Is that all?" She humphed. "Eris, really?"

"She does run the place after all." I stated. "She just lets me live here because I feed her."

Shasta plopped in my lap, grinning from ear to ear enjoying our little sparing match. She pressed her forehead to mine and peered into my eyes. "So all for Eris?"

"If I'm honest." I beamed. "I'm pretty fond of you as well."

"Really?" She asked. "Not just letting me hang around because I, um, you know, kiss you and stuff?"

"That is one reason." I teased. "But not the best one."

"And pray tell, what IS the best one?" She inquired.

I looked into her amber-brown eyes and said the words I never thought I'd ever utter to another person as long as I lived. "Because I love you."

Shasta's mouth fell open and she gasped, then she collapsed into me shaking, closely followed by sobbing as she lost control of her emotions. She hugged me like a drowning swimmer and tried to speak, but all that came out was a series of squeaks and sputters that make no sense at all. Finally, she brought her face up and the look in her eyes and the smile on her lips said what she couldn't. She was radiant, glowing, happier than I'd ever seen her. She nodded furiously. "Y-yes." She finally managed to form a word.

"Yes, I'll move in." She affirmed.

"OK?" I answered. Not what I was expecting to hear, well at least not yet, there was something I wanted to hear BEFORE that.

She hugged me, then breathed in my ear. "I love you too." She kissed me softly, letting her lips reaffirm her words. "I've wanted to ask you for so long about moving in together, but I wasn't sure you were ready. I didn't want to scare you off. I'm so happy you want me here."

"I'm lonely when you're gone." I admitted. "You make me happy and I hope I make you happy as well."

"You do. You more than do." She gushed. "There's just one problem though. OK two."

"What would that be?" I asked nervously.

"First, I will be paying half the rent." She stated firmly. "I'm no freeloader."

"Not really necessary." I said. "I can easily afford it, but I know it means alot to you to pull your weight. OK. Next problem?"

"Second, I might need a dresser, but I don't want a bed." She grinned at me slyly.

"You want the couch?" I said incredulously.

"Think Darrin." She challenged.

"The only other place in the apartment is my bed." I stated. "Wait!"

She smiled. A wonderfully evil, enchanting smile that I will never forget as long as I live. "I think you figured it out."

You, me...?" I stammered. "My bed?"

"There's a naked woman in your future and she'd appreciate it if you got the passing out and puking out of your system because it's going to seriously ruin the plans she has for you." She purred into my ear as she hugged me. "OK?"

I nodded. Words were once again beyond my reach and my pants were way too tight for some reason.

"You know." She cooed. "If we hurry, we can pack all my stuff and be back here before bedtime."

"I REALLY like that idea." I grinned.

"Though so." She smiled.

We had all Shasta's stuff packed and moved in less time than you'd think. She'd already moved a significant amount of her clothes to my (now our) place, so it didn't leave much.

"I'll bet my roommate won't even know I'm gone." Shasta said with little regret. "At the very least, she won't miss me and I know I won't miss her."

"Well, I'm pretty sure your new roommate will be happy to see you." I assured.

"I sure hope so." She sighed. "I've waited a long time for him."

Unpacking Shasta's things went faster than anticipated and it turns out she won't need a dresser. Mine is mostly empty. Clothes are something I never spent a great deal of time worrying about. I have, maybe, ten outfits and zero dress clothes, well there is the suit I wore 'that' night, but I'll never wear it again. There was more than enough room for her things. She did inform me we needed to shop for me a bit.