A Temple at Night and Day

Story Info
At home in Japan I have a wet dream then go to see the place.
8.2k words
4.69
4.4k
6
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Hi again. It's me, Emi. It's sooooo hot these days in Oceanview. I hope you are having a good summer.

I still haven't told you about all the stuff I did when I went back in Japan. I kept a diary, so I'd be able to tell you about it when I got back.

Anyway, this was the summer after my freshman year at Oceanview U. For most of the summer, I was working at the campus fitness center, but we got a week off before school started when the new hirees came in to replace us. My mom wanted me to come home to Kamakura, so I booked a flight, and headed there. I hadn't been dating Ryosuke that long at that point. At least it would give me time to think, decide how I felt about all the things we'd been doing, fooling around outdoors and stuff. Still, even on the flight over, I was already missing Ryosuke. I'd gotten so used to having him around. In the airport in Chiba, I even thought I saw him, but it turned out to be someone who looked a bit like him from the back, tall, tanned, hair dyed brown. Ah well.

Living in Oceanview, dating Ryosuke had been pretty exciting. It was crazy too, but it was like I would wake up every morning, and I wouldn't know what was going to happen that day. My life in Japan hadn't really been like that. It was more normal if you know what I mean. I'm not saying it was boring or anything, but it was just that during these two years in the States, I think I've changed a bit. Maybe I've grown up, become more confident, but especially this last trip home, I felt like I could do things that I'd never done before.

When I came out of the Arrivals gate at Narita airport, my mom was there, all excited to see me. She'd cut her hair short, and was dressed in a long blue smock and beige pants that didn't match, but she looked good, happy to see me anyway. The whole train ride home, she talked up a storm, filling me in on all the latest. When we got to the house, I had a shower, and went straight to bed in my old bedroom. It hadn't changed. It was just the way I left it.

The next morning, I woke up at something like 4 a.m. I tried to go back to sleep, but I couldn't because my body's internal clock was still on California time. I wasn't sleepy. The house was so quiet. I didn't know what else to do, so I went downstairs, and made myself some breakfast. I sent Ryosuke a message telling him I'd arrived safe and sound. There was nothing on TV, so I came back to my room, and started looking through my old stuff. I dug though my closet looking for clothes I could take back with me to the States.

Around 5 or so, the sun came up, so I had a shower, and pulled on a navy skirt (fairly mini) and a frilly white blouse. I straightened my hair in the mirror. I look a bit cuter than my mother, cheery grin, slender face (like a pop idol?), exotic eyes. I'd got my hair cut and styled a few months before, but it was growing back in. My skin was fairly pale from working inside all summer, but my lips were a nice shade of red, kissable (if only Ryosuke were here). My breasts had grown since last time I wore this blouse. The skirt clung fairly tight, so my hips are probably more curvy too.

I kind of wanted to go out, and see people, but everyone was asleep. I checked through the mail on the ledge at the front door, and found this season pass to Hase temple right near us. We used to go there New Years Eve at midnight to line up, and ring in the new year on this giant bell. I put the pass in my purse, pulled on some shiny black platform shoes, and went out for a walk, just to see how things had changed.

Outside, I noticed that they've built a whole bunch of houses on the hill across from where I live. It used to be all trees. I walked down into the valley where the main road is. My last boyfriend, Tomoyuki, lives further west, in the town of Fujisawa. Yoshi and the other swimmers I used to 'manage' live east in Kamakura proper. I kind of wanted to see everyone again, but they wouldn't be up at this early hour.

There didn't seem to be much traffic. This was still maybe tourist season. There's a beach not far from my house and some temples and a big Buddha statue you can go inside. Still, it's a small town by Japanese standards and pretty quiet most of the time.

I walked along the main road a little ways, and a few cars went by. I decided to go to visit this temple I had the pass for. It's not too far from my house, just off the road that heads towards the beach. There were Japanese black pine trees out front, bent at an angle, clumps of green leaves floating like little clouds. There was a huge red lantern in the gate. I went over to the ticket window, but I didn't see anyone, so I just went right in. I had this pass anyway.

Just inside, there were two carp ponds under a canopy of trees, beautifully lit up by lights. I wandered past, and found the stairs that lead up to the temples at the top. There are four stair cases, winding back and forth up the hillside through the trees, I think a hundred and eight steps all together. The reason I know this is because when my grandmother was in the hospital, I once ran up and down these stairs in my bare feet over and over again to pray for her to get better. You're not supposed to let anyone see you, so I did it at night. It ended up raining, and I got soaked, but it must have worked because she got better soon after that.

I climbed up, following the path, finally making it to the top, and walked out into the courtyard. The temples were closed, but there are more hiking trails around back and an observation deck where you can look out over the bay. I sat down on one of the picnic benches on the observation deck. Through the gap in the trees, I could see the whole town spread out in front of me, and beyond that, the ocean, and the wooded hills on the other side of the bay. I got out my smartphone, and took a picture. Lights were on here and there, but I couldn't really see much sign of life. Most people were probably still asleep.

I checked to see if Ryosuke had written back. It must be afternoon in Oceanview, but maybe he's at work. The temple reminded me a bit of the Japanese garden on campus. I suddenly remembered the last time the two of us had been there, the feel of his warm lips kissing me, his arms hugging my waist. I felt a vague pang of regret at having come to Japan without him. I wished he were here with me to see how beautiful this is. Maybe some day.

I walked over to the fountain. I dipped my hands in, and then splashed some water on my face. That's supposed to bring you good luck. I realized my whole body was hot, but I wasn't sure why.

I walked over to the top of the stairs, and took off my platform shoes and socks. The large stone step was cold on my feet, but it was a good cold. It helped me calm down. I left my shoes there, and ran down the first flight of stairs. I looked out over the town, but it was so quiet. Was my neighborhood always this quiet in the morning? All I could hear was the rustling of the leaves and the cry of seagulls in the distance. So peaceful.

I climbed back up, and by the time I reached the top of the stairs, I was breathing heavily. I sat down next to my shoes, and tilted my head back, luxuriating in the feel of the cool summer breeze on my face. Eventually, I put my shoes back on, and walked home.

My parents still weren't up when I got back, but I must have woken them because I began to hear noises coming from their room. I changed into a track suit, and went down to the dining room, sipping barley tea till my mom came down.

Late afternoon, I got so sleepy I couldn't keep my eyes open. I had another shower, and went to bed even though it was still light out. Tomorrow, I'll try to stay up later, I promised myself.

That night I dreamed about Ryosuke. He was here in Japan, and we were visiting Hase temple together. He looked sharp, smiling, content. It must have been New Year's or something because the temple was crowded with people all dressed up in their finest Japanese clothes, kimonos, hakama and such. He leaned over to me, and whispered,

"Take off your kimono." I looked at him, shocked. I thought maybe he was joking, but he looked completely serious.

"What? Take it off? Here?" I asked.

We were right in the middle of the crowd with everyone standing around waiting for their turn to ring the temple bell. My ex Tomoyuki was there, and the swimmer Yoshi, my best friend Michiyo, my old school teachers. Tomoyuki has a funnier face than Ryosuke's, big ear lobes, a bit like a Kabuki actor. Yoshi looked good, this satisfied grin, his eyes sparkling. Michiyo was dressed the same, the way she used to look in her sailor uniform. I looked at them nervously, but for some reason, I started to do as Ryosuke asked. I undid the belts, and took the kimono off, layer by layer, getting more and more excited, the more I stripped. Soon, I was standing here--stark naked--in the middle of this crowded temple surrounded by all my friends and neighbors! It was such a weird feeling, embarrassing, energizing, deliciously naughty.

I looked down at my body. My breasts had perked right up from the excitement, my nipples poking out. My little triangle of lush black pubic hair looked so indecent against the pinkness of my naked skin. All I had on were these little white tabi socks and ornate slippers. I was standing pigeon toed, shivering, almost about to burst. I was holding an arrow in my hand, which we had bought from the temple for good luck.

I stood there--buck naked--waiting in line. Everyone who walked by would turn to look at me, opening their mouths wide when they saw I was naked. Michiyo was all frantic, imploring me to get dressed, but I was too horny to just stop. The guys were all ooing and ahing, going on and on about what a great body I have. I hid my red cheeks behind a fan, but bowed my thanks for their compliments. The guys behind me kept bumping into me, grabbing me, touching my bare bottom, touching me all over. Some guy slid his fingers in between my legs trying to find my hello kitty, trying to get me off. I tried to get away, but I couldn't. Soon, I couldn't take it any more, all the teasing. This tidal wave of sensual delight rocked my body, rocked my world, my fear and embarrassment just adding fuel to the flame. It felt so good.

All too soon I woke up, my body still reeling from the orgasm. Wow! That was intense. Why on earth had I got so excited? I'm not usually like that, I swear.

I looked at the clock. It was still only 4 in the morning. I tried to go back to sleep, but I was way too worked up. I couldn't stop thinking about what it had felt like to stand there exposed and vulnerable in front of all my friends like that. It was so weird, so unnatural, but thrilling too. I'd often wondered what it would be like to do that, get naked in front of everyone!

Trying to calm down, I got up out of bed, and went downstairs to get a drink of water. I had some breakfast and a shower, wrapped a towel around me, and came back upstairs.

I kind of wanted to go back to this temple, check it out, see what had sparked this dream. I didn't have any kimonos at that point at least not my size. We're supposed to buy one for Seijin no Hi, 'adult day' early in January the year I turn 20, but I was in the States, so I missed it. In my closet, I found this colorful sundress I used to wear in the summers. The pattern is indigo with yellow and green water lilies and light blue bamboo. It looks a bit like a kimono, the colors at least. I pulled on a bra and panties, and then slipped the dress on over my head. I also dug out this white terrycloth hoodie Ryosuke bought for me.

I checked my messages on my smartphone. Ryosuke had written back, asking how it was going. I snapped a selfie, and messaged him.

"Yeah, thanks. Good so far. Wish you were here. xoxo (^o^)/" and sent him the selfie. I thought about mentioning the dream, but held back for the moment. I really should calm down first, think this through before I do anything rash

I put my phone and folding umbrella in my purse, and went back downstairs. It was dark out, but I was determined not to go out, and visit this temple again.

I pulled a pair of white volleyball shoes on my bare feet, and tied them up tight. I went out, carefully shut the door, and locked it. My keys kind of jangled in my pocket, so I took them out, and put them in my purse. The air was quite warm even though the sun hadn't come up yet.

It took my eyes a while to adjust to the darkness. There are streetlights down on the main road, but I couldn't see the moon in the sky. I walked down the hill. It started to get kind of misty. I haven't really been out that much this early. Maybe it's always like this.

I saw lights coming down the road, and then a car went by, but then it was quiet again. I crossed the road, and walked till I found the lane-way leading to the temple. I don't know why I came here. It wasn't New Year's. Ryosuke and Tomoyuki and them weren't here. I just wanted to check it out, figure out why I'd had that dream. I went in, and passed the lit up ponds, even more beautiful in the dim light. I could hear something that sounded like a frog croaking, but otherwise, it was pretty quiet. I went through, and found the stairway.

I slowly walked up the stairs, a bit more uncertain now in the dark. Once I got up to the courtyard, it sparked my memory, bringing me back to the dream. I don't know why, but I was starting to get all excited. There was nothing here really, just the bell in its shrine, but for some reason, my heart was speeding up. I walked over to the observation deck. I sat down, and took out my smartphone. I wonder what Ryosuke would say if I did tell him about the dream.

I looked around at the temple grounds. It didn't really look like the dream. The dream had felt so intimate all my friends crowding round, but the courtyard now was quite spacious and empty. There was construction wrap on the bell shrine, but other than that, it didn't look like anyone had been here for a while.

I put the smartphone in my pocket, and walked to the railing. I could hear the leaves rustling in the breeze, and then I realized it was starting to rain. Then the wind started to blow my hair in my face, and I could feel little drops of rain on my hands. I scrambled under the eaves of the temple for cover. I squatted down, took my umbrella out of my purse, and opened it up.

I crouched here, pulled back my long black hair, and looked out at the storm. You could kind of see the wind making little waves with the droplets of rain as it came down. I could no longer hear the cars or the frog over the sound of the wind and rain. No one would come here, not this early, in this weather. It's just me up probably.

The butterflies in my tummy were getting worse. I really wanted to take my clothes off, get naked like in the dream. I stood up, and tried to think of something else. I walked out to the top of the steps, and once more remembered the time I had climbed the steps over and over for my grandmother. Wouldn't it be funny if I did that naked?

I sat down on the step, set down my umbrella, and took off my shoes. Maybe I could pray for Ryosuke to come here to Japan to see me. No, no, he couldn't come this trip. Maybe I'll just pray that we find happiness.

I picked up the umbrella, and ran down the steps leaving my shoes there. The steps were a bit slippery from the rain. Still I made it down the first stair case. I peered out from the edge of the woods, but there still wasn't anyone at the entrance. I ran back up. I just sort of stared at my shoes for a while. I wonder why you're supposed to take off your shoes anyway.

I peered back at the temple. Does the priest live here? It didn't look like a house, but it was hard to tell for sure. Some priests live in their temples. I pulled my shoes back on, and walked back down the steps looking out at the town, scanning for signs of cars. It was still pretty quiet.

Ultimately, I went down to the bottom, and walked home. I still felt like I wanted to do something, but I was still a bit shy in those days. The sun was coming up in any case. I probably shouldn't mess around in the daylight.

I went back inside, and had another shower trying to calm down. I pulled on a white t-shirt and shorts, and sat in the dining room looking out the glass doors at our garden wondering why I'd got so excited. My mom eventually came down, and made some breakfast, and I eventually let it go.

After 9, I changed my t-shirt for a white tube top and purple pin stripe shirt. This tube top is pretty tight-fitting almost like a sports bra, so I didn't need to wear a bra underneath. It feels a bit weird walking around with bare shoulders, but it looks pretty sexy I think and cool in the summer. Just on my way out the door, I grabbed a white baseball cap, and pulled it on to shield my face from the sun. I rubbed some sunblock on too, on my face, chest, tummy and legs.

I headed up to Tokyo to see my friend Michiyo (the one who came to the beach and my aunt's place with me). Japanese university wasn't out yet, but we were friends on Line, so I gave her a call, and met her there. She looked happy to see me. She hadn't changed that much, still the same innocent face, twin ponytails, long bangs and long skirts.

I was burning to tell Michiyo about my dream and the temple and stuff, but I wanted to find out if she was seeing anyone first. Her dad is nice to me, but she complains that her parents are kind of strict when it comes to her dating. Anyway, to start, I invited her to go out shopping. We went to Shibuya, a fashion district geared to college coeds like us.

"What have you been up to?" I asked.

"You know, school and stuff. Naoto says hi." Naoto is her younger brother, a cute guy, who I knew from when I used to visit her house.

"You meet anyone interesting at school?" Thinking back, she maybe had some kind of thing going with a night school student. He was tall and oh so handsome, but he didn't come on our school trips or anything.

"Um, I've met lots of new people. I still see some of the gang from our school and stuff, Junko and them."

Junko? I'd forgotten about her. She was a bit of a wild card even then, but part of our group. It sounded like Michiyo was not seeing any guys, so I held off on telling her about the dream for now.

Shibuya had changed a bit. They've rebuilt the whole station, and right by the main intersection, now there's this seven-floor media store with a Starbucks on the second floor. Everyone was dressed in the latest fashions: baby-doll tops, frilly Rococo dresses, ganguro (deep spray tans and tea colored hair). I wanted to buy some clothes to take back with me to the States, something sexy for my dates with Ryosuke.

We crossed the intersection, and entered along Center Street. Some buff surfer-guys were checking us out. Michiyo seemed nervous, but I felt chuffed that I got a reaction. I took off my shirt to let them see my bare shoulders and back. Two guys came over, but Michiyo grabbed my arm, and pulled me away to one of the department stores.

This particular store there was almost no one in there. I didn't plan to buy anything here, but Michiyo wanted to look around. We each picked out some pants, and took them to the change rooms.

When I got into the change room, I pulled on the first pair of slacks. I was going to try a top too, so I pulled off my tube top, letting my breasts swing free. It felt good to get naked. The slacks fit all right, but they were made of this funny material like velvet.

"Michiyo, how are yours?"

"Oh, I don't know. They're a bit tight."

"Here let me see." I picked up my shirt, but just held it against my bare breasts with one hand. I pulled back the curtain, and stepped out into the hall between the other fitting rooms. I felt a shiver of excitement, coming out here topless into such a public area of the store, but I was mainly trying to get Michiyo to show me her pants. When she realized I was topless, she gasped.