A Tough Girl From Montana Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She was on her knees, behind my back. "Dream on, lover. Oh look, Cora is waving at us."

I didn't have stove duties after all. In the warmth of Cora's kitchen, we hugged each other and told her how excited we were about Emma's house design. I teased, "Hugh may have to plant trees to hide the horrible sight!" I wondered to myself if the Italian motif was going to fly with third generation Montanans.

From behind us, Hugh asked, "You are destroying the Montana landscape?"

Addie glanced at me with a guilty look. We had forgotten that the Murphys deserved a look at Emma's design before it was frozen in place.

I spoke up, "We had so much of your fine booze yesterday that we forgot to ask for a date to bring the house drawings by. Emma Cartright has done a wonderful design."

He grumped, "I should never have mentioned her name. Why don't we offer drinks and dinner? She does go to our church once in a while."

Sounded good to us and Addie made the call. Emma was over her head in work but could come on Friday evening. I offered to do the driving and when we arrived to pick Emma up, she had several beautiful boards in color with our house design looking amazingly nice nestled in the trees with its tower. Addie and I gushed over them, but Emma said, "That grumpy Hugh better not dump on my latest house. He can't even finish his own!"

Arthur hadn't seen the boards and was impressed. "Damn, looks like a Tuscan villa set down in our forest!"

Nervously, Addie asked, "Is it too extreme for Bozeman?" Emma was in the passenger seat and had a thin smile.

"Not on your life, daughter. A great home by a great architect!"

I smiled. At least we had one grumpy older guy on our side. Addie said, "Dad, we need to tell Emma about the barn and its out buildings. Would you consider one of those prefab metal buildings if it was mostly hidden in the grove of trees?"

"I'm not getting a timber framed palace with red siding?"

She poked him in the ribs and offered, "I suppose we could arrange a tiny cottage in the tower. Sort of a five story walkup? Your very own view of Florence from Siena?"

Emma and I were laughing as Art pulled Addie down for a swat at her behind. "Girl, you know darn well I'll take what you give me. A chance to live in the country with family and ranch animals? Have my own workshop?"

Addie sat up and hugged him. "There might even be a grandchild after a bit."

After his first drink went down quickly, Hugh allowed as how the Tuscan Villa might upgrade the neighborhood. "You didn't hear this from me, but a certain unfinished house might get some attention." Cora stood behind him, smiling from ear to ear. "Emma, this is such a fine design. We are so happy to be neighbors."

(cont'd in Part 3)