A Trip Back Home Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Mom smiled. "He was feeling no pain. Aaron and Jerry filled us in. The next day he'd pretty much forgotten about the night before. That Saturday we took him to the airport and told him to enjoy himself but be careful. We sort of emphasized that. While he was gone, Lindy Smart announced her engagement to that Garfield kid and their daughter was born on Thanksgiving. A healthy seven pound four month premature baby." she offered in explanation.

"We shared this with Kelly when he came home from school last Christmas and helped him connect the dots," Dad finished.

We sat around the table in silence for an uncomfortable interval. Mom couldn't stand it. "We're sorry if we've bungled this beyond repair, but you are the first girl that he's brought home for us to help explain his decision."

"I figured you'd need more than just my say so," I added.

"I think you figured right," Cyg whispered. "So, you were almost trapped into marriage and a family, and you decided to avoid that problem entirely?"

I nodded. She nodded. Mom and Dad nodded.

Cyg shook her head. "And I'm the first girl you've had to explain this to?"

"Well, to be fair, I was pretty busy last year...and more than a little gun shy." I shrugged. "Nobody needed to know."

Mom and Dad glanced at each other and stood up together. "We don't think you need our help anymore. We'll get back to work. It was wonderful to meet you Cygne." Mom hugged her and Dad shook her hand then they left.

We sat at the table in silence. Cygne grabbed her coffee and stood. I joined her and we walked out to the sidewalk and back toward my pickup.

"It's going to take me some time to digest this, Kelly."

I shrugged. "I thought so."

We took the direct route back to school and got there in about thirty-five minutes. Cygne was quiet the entire way. I pulled into the apartments and killed the engine. I got out to help her but she didn't wait for me to open her door for her, she stepped down and started up the stairs. Once she disappeared into Lizzie's apartment, I got back in the truck, parked it in the garage and made my way back to my apartment.

To be continued...