A Trip in the Fall Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"What are you talking about? You just got home after a four month tour and Thursday is Thanksgiving, don't you want to spend it at home?"

Sarah smiled, "I know but you have spent the last four days here with me, and I saw all my family Saturday, I want to meet your family."

Brandon didn't know what to say, silence had fallen over that when Sarah said quietly, "If you're not ready for that, I understand."

"No no, it's not that at all! It's just unexpected and what about your parents, I think your dad likes me and I don't wanna ruin that now."

Sarah laughed, "I talked to Daddy last night. He encouraged me to talk to you about it."

"If your parents are good with it, I will double check with my parents."

***

Brandon and Sarah went inside where Brandon called his parents. They were excited to meet Sarah, especially after Brandon's sister had seen pictures from the show on Friday pop up online.

Brandon went downstairs and told Sarah and her parents what his parents said. Sarah smiled, "What time does the flight leave tomorrow?"

Brandon pulled up confirmation on his phone, "Leave Biloxi at 12:30 central, get into Newark at 4:30 eastern."

Sarah picked up her iPad off the table and began typing, about five minutes later she looked up and said, "Done."

Brandon and her parents looked at her, finally her dad said, "What'd you find?"

"I found a ticket on the same flight, it's in business class, I'm sure I can swap it with someone when we get there."

Brandon smiled at her and her parents, "Are you sure you want to go? It's going to be cold and snowy?"

"Well I've never seen snow, so that and meeting your family will be a real adventure.

Ch. 12-Wednesday

After waking up and packing their things, Brandon and Sarah packed up Brandon's rental and began to get ready to head to the airport. As they walked out, Sarah hung back talking with her mother while Brandon and Jim carried Sarah's suitcase and her backpack out to the rental. Jim looked at Brandon, "Thanks again for being a decent guy, if I ever have the opportunity to thank you parents, I'll thank them too."

Brandon laughed, "No pressure right?"

Jim laughed as Susan and Sarah walked up, Sarah looked at the two, smiled and said, "Well I'm glad to see you too are getting along."

Brandon smiled, "I dunno if I'd go that far, respect and fear go a long way."

Jim shook Brandon's hand, "Well you two better get on your way, don't want to be late." Brandon hugged Sarah's mom and climbed into the Bronco while Sarah said goodbye.

As they pulled out of the drive, Susan yelled, "Text us updates!" They both waved and headed down the roads towards Biloxi.

The ride to the airport was uneventful, Brandon got the rental returned while Sarah pulled on an oversized Ole Miss hoody and tucked her hair into a ball cap, hoping to avoid any attention. They checked their bags and made it through security and to their gate with about a half hour until boarding. While Brandon grabbed them something to drink, Sarah spoke to the gate attendant and was able to switch her ticket over to a coach seat.

As boarding began, Brandon returned, "All good on seats?"

"Yep, we are good to go, I'm now in the seat beside you, I got the window."

Brandon got a shocked look on his face, "No fair!"

Sarah playfully shoved him as they stood to board with their group. They got to their seats, stowed their bags, and got comfortable as the flight took off.

***

A little over three hours later they touched down in Newark, gathered their backpacks, and headed towards baggage claim. As they walked up the jet way, Sarah shivered a bit, "Okay when the pilot 48, I didn't think it would feel this bad."

Brandon laughed as he put his arm around her, "Just wait, the high at mom and dads is only 38 today and it's going to snow tonight."

"Okay, maybe I should have waited to meet them in the spring or summer."

They laughed as they made it to the baggage claim, collected their bags and headed towards the shuttle. Before they stepped outside, Sarah dug through her suitcase, pulling out a blue North Face puffer coat. Brandon laughed, "You're going to stick out like a sore thumb, no one own's North Face except tourists, going to have to get you a Carhartt."

Sarah slapped Brandon's arm, "It was all I had that was warm enough. I already have a long sleeve under my hoody!"

As they boarded the shuttle, Brandon removed his phone, opened up his truck's app and started the truck. Smiling, he said, "There, the heat will be on when we get there, and the heated seats will kick on too."

"Awww, my Prince Charming."

It took them about five minutes to reach the long term, then they walked to Brandon's running truck, seeing it Sarah giggled, "Awww it really is Daddy's little brother."

Brandon shook his head, opened the passenger for Sarah allowing her to climb in, threw both their bags in the back seat, climbed in, hit the start button, and headed towards the exit. After paying for his parking, they headed west on I-78, making their way onto I-80.

"So are we going to stop by your place first?"

"No, it's south of here. I packed my extra stuff in a bag and it's under the back seats"

"Oh okay, how long of a drive is it?"

"About 5 hours, assuming roads are fine once we head north out of Williamsport. Weather looks fine, but up in the mountains, who knows. I texted Mom and told her we should be there around 9."

Sarah kicked her boots off and pulled her feet up into the seat, "So tell me more about your family."

"Well, my Mom works for the lumber company in town, and my Dad sells potato chips in the area for Lays. How I don't weigh 250lbs still baffles me."

They both laughed as Brandon filled Sarah in on growing up in the middle of nowhere, and just things about his life before moving to NJ. After stopping for gas outside of Williamsport, they began to make their way north where they eventually ran into snow just outside the small town of Gaines. Within 10 minutes, the ground and road were completely covered, Brandon had slowed down, shifting into 4WD as they made their way through the valley.

Even though it was dark, Sarah was glued to her window, as they cleared the last town before his hometown, Brandon looked at her, "Do you want to stop and get out?"

"Really? It's just so beautiful."

Brandon pulled over on the side of the road where he used to fish growing up, "C'mon, grab your jacket."

They both put their jackets on, climbed out of the truck; Brandon took Sarah's hand and walked her towards a field beside the creek. When the truck's lights shut off, they were enveloped in darkness as the flakes fell in clumps around them.

"I used to fish here growing up. If it wasn't snowy and clear, you could see so many stars, you wouldn't know what to think."

Sarah bent down picking up a handful of snow from the ground, throwing it up in the air while watching it fall. Brandon couldn't help but smile as she did it again and again, almost with kid-like curiosity. She finally turned to him, "I've seen pictures of it and we could see it on the mountains in California, but it's just so light!"

Brandon reached out and pulled her close, kissing her passionately. They stood in the open field kissing for a moment before Sarah shivered, breaking the moment and causing them to laugh, she said, "Okay, can we go back to the truck?"

Brandon laughed, "Yep, we are about 10 minutes from my parents." They walked back to the truck, and made the last of the drive to Brandon's parents.

Ch.13

Pulling up the gravel drive, the headlights of Brandon's truck lit up a white, two story house sitting under a series of pine trees. Putting the truck in park, "Welp, here we are."

Sarah climbed out of the truck as Brandon did, "It's so pretty with the snow."

They were interrupted by a large black mass coming around the porch huffing, Sarah gasped, "Ummmmm...." The mass then barked.

"Cooper, knock it off!"

The black mass skidded to a stop in front of Sarah, wiggling and vibrating as it sat in front of her, "Sarah, meet Cooper. Our doofus black lab."

Sarah leaned down, allowing the dog to sniff her before scratching his big head and ears, "Well hi there Cooper, you scared me, you look like a bear." The big dog looked at her with big eyes and dopey grin, giving her a big lick right across her cheek.

Brandon hefted their bags out of the truck, "Okay you two, let's go."

They walked to the porch, Brandon opened the door and yelled, "Mom, Dad, we're here!"

Brandon ushered Sarah inside, as she walked past him, Cooper nearly knocked her over going in too, causing her to burst out laughing. Brandon shook his head as his mom came around the corner, "I'm so sorry I didn't hear you all pull up, sorry about Cooper, he's a little much sometimes. You must be Sarah, I'm Connie".

Sarah went to shake her hand saying, "Hello Mrs. Ba..." but she was cut off as Connie pulled her into a firm hug.

"Call me Connie."

Brandon heard the floor squeak as his father came out of the living room, "Wondered if the snow had slowed you all down." He slapped Brandon on the back then hugged him, "Good to see you son."

Brandon hugged him back, then stepped back, "Sarah, This is my dad, Ben."

Ben took a step towards, looking at her as she smiled, before saying, "You're way too pretty to be with this guy. Blink twice if you're here against your will."

Sarah giggled, "Not yet, How are you Mr. Baker?"

Ben pulled Sarah into a hug, "Don't you dare call me that, it's Ben darling."

The four of them made their way out of the hallway and into the living room where they all sat on the sectional. They spent the next couple hours talking so that Sarah and Brandon's parents could get to know each other. Sarah had no problem fitting in with them.

As the clock got closer to 11, Sarah began to yawn, "I'm sorry to be a party pooper, but I'm sleepy, where am I sleeping?"

Brandon deferred to his parents, it was Connie who finally spoke up after a minute of silence, "Listen, we aren't stupid, if you want to sleep in separate rooms, I've made up the guest room for you sweetie, but if you want, Brandon's old room is upstairs and the first door on your left."

Sarah nodded then smiled, "Thank you again for letting me come, what time do I need to get up to help with lunch?"

"Oh honey, you don't have to help me cook, but if you want, I'll start getting everything ready around 8. Lunch is at 1230."

Ben then chimed in, "Brandon you had better get to bed also, I need you to help with a few trees that I cut down."

"Awwww Dad, I'm on break, do I really have to work."

This caused them all to laugh, Ben shook his head, "You're only home once every couple months, I'm going to get as much work out of you as I can."

As he and Sarah stood, Brandon mumbled "Yeah, Yeah, Yeah."

They said goodnight, Brandon picked up their bags and headed upstairs with Sarah following him. He opened the door to see it just like the last time, his high school trophies from baseball, pictures of deer he had gotten and other mementos from his childhood. Sarah paused to look at them all, "You were quite the busy kid."

Brandon laughed, pulling her into a hug, and a quick kiss, "It was be busy elsewhere or let my dad work me to the bone"

"Eh hard work is good for you. Where's the bathroom?"

Brandon released her saying, "Next door down on the right."

Sarah opened her bag, gathered her toiletries, pair of leggings, and a long sleeve top. While she was getting ready for bed, Brandon grabbed another blanket from the closest and got his own things situated. When Sarah returned, she put her stuff back into her bag and then climbed into bed.

As she pulled the covers up, she grinned, "This is a smaller bed than we are used to, think we can deal with it?"

Brandon laughed and headed out the door, "I think we can figure it out, we are good at being close."

Brandon went to the bathroom, changed into a pair of pajama pants and a t-shirt, brushed his teeth and headed back into the room. When he got there, he found Sarah laying on her back and Cooper curled up with his head on her stomach.

"I don't think so dude, get up." Cooper let out a low growl, "Don't you start that shit, she's mine, I'll share, but you don't get my spot." Brandon climbed into bed pushing Cooper out of the way as he huffed and sighed. He pulled the covers up, draping his arm over Sarah, and drifting off to sleep with a smile on his face, content holding Sarah while Cooper started snoring at their feet.

Ch. 13 Thursday

Sarah woke the next morning to the smell of french toast and coffee. She rolled over to cuddle against Brandon for a few more minutes, but instead of Brandon she touched something hairy. Opening her eyes, she was confronted with Cooper on his back with all four paws in the air. She giggled, sitting up to scratch her eyes and stretching, waking Cooper from his slumber. There was a small sliver of sun peeking through the cracks in the curtain and as she looked around the room, Brandon was nowhere to be found, she half expected him to be on the floor after getting kicked out of bed by the dog.

She got up, pulled a hoody of Brandon's on that was on top of his suitcase, went to the bathroom, then headed downstairs towards the kitchen. As she and the dog came down stairs, she found Connie in the kitchen working on breakfast. As Cooper began to beg for food, Sarah smiled sleepily and said, "Good morning, that smells wonderful."

Connie turned, "Oh good morning sweetie, figured I would get something whipped up before the boys came back in. The coffee is right there, and there is creamer in the fridge."

Sarah poured herself coffee, putting a little bit of milk in. After taking a drink, looking out the kitchen window seeing that more snow had fallen overnight, Sarah asked, "Where are Brandon and Ben?"

"They are back on the hill cutting up some trees Ben took down back in October. He got them limbed out then, that's the brush pile over there. Bucking the logs is easier and faster with two people."

Sarah sat down, staring out the window admiring the sun hitting the snow and pine trees. She was snapped out of her daydream by Connie.

"You've never seen snow have you?"

"No, well not up close. When we started the tour out in California, we could see it up on the mountains, but we didn't have time to actually go see it."

Connie brought a plate of French toast over, sat it in front of Sarah, "Eat up before it gets cold, there's some in the microwave for when they get back."

Sarah dug in and between bites talked to Connie about growing up in MississippI, her family, touring the country, but during a lull in the conversation, Connie said, "Sarah, I'm not trying to be rude, but your life and Brandon's don't exactly jive in my mind. How's this going to work?"

Sarah took a drink of her coffee, "Well, technology makes things a lot easier. After he came to visit during October, we used Zoom pretty much every evening and when we couldn't video chat, we talked on the phone."

"That's not the same as being in person together."

Sarah looked down, "No it's really not, which sucks."

"So you live in Mississippi and tour 5 to 6 months a year. Where does that leave Brandon?"

"I want Brandon to be a part of it. He calls himself a homebody, but he has also talked about how he likes to travel and see different parts of the country. If you think about it, the schedule kinda works out. When I'm touring, he is off school for most of it, and when I'm not touring there's not a ton of things for me other than studio sessions and the occasional media appearance. Amanda writes most of the songs, I just provide input and sing."

"Honey, you know he's not made of money so he can't be flying to see you all the time, even though I think he'd run up every credit card to see you. I just worry is all, seeing how he looks at you. I've only ever seen that one other time from him and she broke his heart. She gave him an ultimatum, stay here with her, or go to Rutgers. We both know what he picked, he was a mess that first year of college. Ben had to convince him to stay once a week for the first semester."

Sarah nodded slowly, "Connie, I'm not taking advantage of Brandon, he's not some publicity stunt to make me appear normal to the press like some have said. He's not an afterthought in my life, I want him to be part of my life, and me his. I care about your son a great deal, I have never felt so at ease around someone as I do him, and it has been clear that he doesn't care about my music career. On the first night he came to see Morgan, we sat up until almost 1am just talking about random things. The first 10 minutes we talked about dumb celebrity rumors and my life on tour, but then it was all about me as a person. Hell even told me to take online classes when I'm not touring to finish my degree."

"What degree is that?"

"I've always wanted to be a librarian, I'm surprised you didn't hear Brandon complaining while taking my bag upstairs, it's got 5 books that I'm currently reading."

Connie laughed, "Okay dear, you've convinced me, you're alright."

Sarah smiled, "I promise you that I will do everything I can to prove to you that I only have pure intentions when it comes to Brandon and my's relationship."

The conversation was interrupted by Cooper barking as Brandon and Ben came in the back door.

"Well aren't you two the prettiest things I've seen in the morning," said Ben as he began to take his jacket off.

Brandon pulled his jacket off and started undoing his bibs when Sarah whistled, "Lookie there, my own little farmer."

Brandon laughed, "I told you, less North Face, more Carhartt." After hanging his bibs and jacket up, he kicked his boots off, walked over kissing the top of Sarah's head. The four sat down and talked while Brandon and Ben ate and warmed up.

***

Around 11:30, Brandon's sister, Carrie, her husband Sam and their newborn Emily arrived for lunch. After getting everyone inside and decoated, Carrie looked at Brandon, "So little bro, what's the story on these pictures and the "girlfriend?"

Hearing the stairs squeak, Brandon turned to see Sarah coming down the stairs, "Well you could ask her yourself. Carrie, Sam, this is Sarah."

"Oh shit, no one told me you were bringing her home!"

As Sarah joined Brandon, he laughed, "I figured mom would have told you."

After introductions were made, Carrie looked at Sarah, "I'm so sorry, but I have to tell you, I LOVE your music!!"

They all laughed, Sarah smiled, "Well thank you, it means a lot. Brandon said you're a new momma?"

"Yes, mom took Emily right when we came in, let's go so you can meet her!"

Sarah and Carrie went towards the living room while Sam and Brandon stood in the hallway. "Dude, how the hell did you snag her?"

"You're starting to sound like my dad, shut up."

Both men laughed and moved towards the living room where Sarah was holding Emily as she slept and Carrie headed towards the kitchen to finish up lunch with Connie.

***

Lunch was uneventful, giving Brandon time to catch up with his sister and also more time for the family to get to know Sarah and her them. Like Brandon at her house with her family, Sarah fit in without any issues. As they cleaned up, the talk between Ben, Brandon, Sam and Carrie shifted to the playoff game the local high school was playing the following night.

Sam asked Brandon, "You all are staying until Sunday morning, you coming to the game tomorrow night?"

"Ehhhh, I dunno..." Brandon replied hesitantly.

Carrie chimed in, "What's the matter, too good to go back and watch the ole team?"

"It's not that at all, I dunno how Sarah would feel about going and I haven't been back since the 5 year reunion and we all know that didn't go well."