All Comments on 'A Trip of a Lifetime'

by Cromagnonman

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
As Australian, I was Pleased

Pleased as punch that, as well as all the ridgy-didge (look it up) Australian stuff, everything, every detail (even the product placement) is Australian. This guy drives on the left (see his profile). And the words were not translated into American for which 'thanks'.

As for research he maybe wrote this with the help of his diaries. Because the detail is accurate. Google Earth Shows the 41 Mile Bore but I cannot discern which caravan belongs to cromagnon.

The tale is, of course, belonging to the planet of Fiction, and the abilities and reactions of all concerned are those of Fictionites, nonetheless a good tale.

Cheers, and Thanks,

Kilroy.

curioussscuriousssalmost 13 years ago
A riveting little tale.

I, too, followed your progress (on Google Maps) as best I could.

Like 'Kilroy' (..was 'ere!) I could not actually find your License Plate, but that didn't diminish my enjoyment of this very entertaining read.

Cromagnonman may drive on the left, as I did in an earlier life, but at least he drives on the right side of the vehicle.

Well done

AlpineskierAlpineskieralmost 13 years ago
It really can be done...

You have told us a story that was not based on sex, but included a bit of erotica. Well done.

pope32767pope32767almost 13 years ago
Authenticity is always good

<p>Never, never listen to people who want you to rewrite into cod-American for greater "market penetration"; that's not the kind of penetration you are interested in. Hearts and minds, that's the ticket.</p>

<p>&nbsp;</p>

<p>My only criticism is that the business about her mother came from nowhere and went nowhere, and the story would have been better off without it. Unless it's a sequel hook, but it sure doesn't look that way.</p>

Socially_IneptSocially_Ineptalmost 13 years ago
Wonderful.

A truly marvelous story. I really liked it a lot.

StarofAirdrieStarofAirdriealmost 13 years ago

I completely agree with pope32767. The true Australian flavor was fun and I'm glad the words weren't 'translated' for the Americans. We aren't considerate that way very often (and I looked up a bunch of things or emailed a friend as I read). I thought gaol was a typo though and now I know better!!!

I also didn't get the mother and 3-way thing at all. Unless it's to show how utterly damaged she was by Wayne in a sequel, and clinically she'd likely have PTSD and many other issues even having undergone treatment as you mentioned up front, under the care of psychologists and therapists.

Very nice effort.

bruce22bruce22over 12 years ago
Very enjoyable tale

The tour through Australia and the local peculiarities were fascinating.

I certainly hope that the variable quality of the Magistrates is not common. Since Wayne was all ready in violation of parole I can not understand how he was let out on bail!

Thanks for a fun read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Your stories are usually well researched but....

... In this case it would have been Rockhampton where you would have turned west and headed out through Longreach to The Isa. Then you could have mentioned the Combo Waterhole near Winton as Waltzing Matilda country.

Otherwise I love your work....

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago

very nice suspenseful, romantic.

tazz317tazz317almost 11 years ago
A TRIP WITHOUT LYSERICS

used to be the best kind, TK U MLJ LV NV

TavadelphinTavadelphinabout 9 years ago
It is clear that you love your country

And it sounds beautiful - the opportunities for sight seeing seem endless - that is true for all of us I am sure but it is fun to see how someone else sees their country -

Another good story with challenge and some suspense and a great outcome -

jackh1962jackh1962over 8 years ago
The horizonal waterfalls.

A good overall story but with one glaring mistake. The horizontal water falls are on Talbot Bay not Lake Talbot, which is on the other side of the country. Other than that I don't see any real problems. I like many of your stories and reread them often. I know that some who read this will have issues with the age difference, but really that should be a non issue as people can decide for themselves what age span is correct for them to love someone.

MoondogAUMoondogAUalmost 8 years ago
Thanks, nice story.

Thanks for your writing. Really good to see some Australian perspective and a nice solid plot and story.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCromagnonman@Cromagnonman
I'm a pretty normal average male, chronologically well over 18 but psychologically I'm not so sure. I have been writing as a hobby for many years and now that I have time on my hands I am looking to become more professional at it. I enjoy reading, morning walks along the river...

SIMILAR Stories