A True Connection

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

A server comes over with a highchair for So-So, who's not impressed to have to leave her daddy's lap.

"You're not so bad, yourself," Rose replies.

"Come on, you two, get a room," Ryan says.

"I understand now what you said on the phone. I guess you were right; it was very complicated."

Rose groans, "Oohhhh, you don't know the half of it." She looks at me. "Hey baby, sorry, I'm ignoring you." Ryan gets up and leans over for a kiss, to Sophia's delight. Rose smiles and then continues. "I paid for three months in the apartment and have signed a six-month lease."

Alicia looks at me. "Rose is moving up here for my last six months so we can get to know each other," I explain.

Ryan wasn't sure how Alicia would take this, but she smiles, "That's great. I hope I'm on the guest list."

"Of course you are," Rose answers. Then she gets a serious look. "Baby, are you okay with me going back online?"

"No problem here," Ryan says. "I wouldn't like to be on it, though."

"That's okay," Rose says. "Shaving men's legs isn't that popular," she adds with a smile. "Can I ask you, though, are you okay, just a cameo role just to show you exist?"

"So, will you be doing a new angle?" Alicia asks.

Rose pouts; Ryan has noticed she does that when thinking. "Yeah, I'm going to introduce the world to So-So and then, I guess, the trials and tribulations of motherhood. I also have a lot of videos from my pregnancy and birth."

"I'm surprised you've been away so long."

"Yeah, time has flown. I wasn't sure how people would accept it, but now, with Ryan in my life, I don't really care."

"Whatever you want to do, Rose. It's fine with me, and you have my full support. I would like to see the footage of your pregnancy. " Ryan looks at his friend. "How's Brant?"

"Brant? Who's Brant?" Rose asks, looking at Alicia.

"Well, he was someone that relieves the stress, if you know what I mean," Alicia says, going straight into girl mode. "That's something I need to talk to you about Ryan. It's getting quite serious. He wants me to meet his parents."

"How do you feel about that?" Ryan asks.

"Oh, he's good," Rose says to her new friend.

"Isn't he? That's why I like him around. He asks the right questions and knows when to shut up." Both girls laugh.

Ryan rolls his eyes and turns to Sophia. "It's okay, So-So, you still love Daddy, don't you."

Sophia grins and shouts, "dadadadada," and is delighted when she gets a kiss from Ryan. When Ryan turns back to the two ladies opposite, they are both watching and smiling.

"He is going to make a great dad," Alicia says.

"He already is, and he's only been back a couple of days."

"Stop changing the subject," Ryan says. "Don't you think it's a little early to be doing the parent thing with Brad?"

"I thought you said his name was Brant?" Rose says.

"He does it deliberately," Alicia says. "My boyfriend's name is Bryson, but 'funny man' here calls him everything but that, as long as it starts with Br. I thought it was a jealousy thing to start with, but I guess now he thinks it's funny."

"You know something," Ryan says. "That's the first time you have referred to him as your boyfriend, and for your information, I am funny."

"Yeah, right," Alicia says with a smile on her face. "Anyway, you almost made me forget my question. Rose, what is the plan now you're in north London?"

"Other than your best friend, I have decided to move up here for the last six months or so of his degree to get to know him better. The reality is that although we have made this special young lady, we don't know each other. The night we shared was different from anything I've experienced before, so we need to see if that turns into a proper relationship."

"Wow, I know how he feels about that night, but if you had the same experience....." Alicia blows out a breath. She looks at Ryan. "Sorry, Ryan, I truly thought you were mental, but what is so special?"

Rose laughs, "You're not the only one. All my friends have told me that I've been an idiot for first getting pregnant, then keeping it, and finally for holding a torch for this one. The truth is, they weren't there, and they didn't feel what we felt. Even in the club, when we danced, it was like we were one, and the moment the slow song started, all I wanted to do was rip his clothes off."

"It's the connection between us. It's like Rose fills a hole in me that I didn't realise existed until I met her, but I now feel it constantly when we are apart."

Alicia is looking at Ryan like he is talking a foreign language. Rose is looking at Ryan and nodding that she feels the same. The moment is broken when their drinks turn up. "Your food will be here shortly," the server says just before she returns to the counter.

"So what's next?"

"We live our lives," Rose says. "Ryan gets his degree. I will go back online, and we will see where we end. We don't know where this will be, and we may still prove all the doubters right."

"But we would both regret it for the rest of our lives if we don't at least try, and even if we fail, we can at least draw a line under our relationship. We have agreed to raise Sophia together so she knows both parents; she will always be in both of our lives."

"You have it all worked out," Alicia says. "When do you move in?"

"The place is already furnished, and I already have the keys. We can sleep there tonight, but I think we will move in and get everything we need tomorrow if that's okay with Ryan." Ryan just shrugs his shoulders and indicates that he's fine with whatever.

Their food turns up, and they eat, talking about their everyday lives. Alicia recalls how they met and their first date. Rose goes into great detail about the night she met Ryan. Ryan had to laugh about what Rose and her friends called Karl; it was the first time he'd heard the story.

They finish their food and then go and have a look at the flat they are now renting before Ryan and Rose head back to the hotel for the night. So-So was getting tired and was starting to get grumpy.

As Sophia sleeps, Rose and Ryan cuddle up on the super king-size bed and quietly talk. They are finding the more they talk, the more they find they have in common.

Rose is telling Ryan about her trips to the Coffee shop Ryan worked in when he asks. "Do you know Emily Clarkson?"

Rose gasps. "She's one of my best friends...." Then she sits up. "How do you know her?"

"She used to try to talk to me in the Coffee shop where I worked. She's also in one of my classes at Uni, and recently, she has started working at the same place I work." Ryan sits there thinking.

"She has a thing for you. That's why I recognized you in the nightclub and came to talk to you at the bar."

"Wasn't my striking good looks then," Ryan replies, smiling.

"Do you want to know why I noticed you?"

"Yeah, go on," Ryan adjusts his position so he can look into Rose's eyes.

"It was the way you treated your sister."

"What? She's not my biggest fan," Ryan says, thinking Rose is joking.

Rose laughs. "She hates you, but it's the way you still show your love for her. You ignore her disrespect and constant jabs at you."

"Are you saying you like me because I am weak?"

"You're not weak. It takes a strong person to see past what she says and see what she does. A coward would lash out and hit back."

"You saw that? She has a habit of saying one thing and then holding my hand to cross the road. So, I get a feeling there's more than a coincidence that Emily is around?"

"I think she is the last piece of the puzzle."

"Care to show me the finished picture?"

"Of course, I will never hide anything from you." Rose spends the next hour explaining her family dynamics. Her Mother and Father always seem to want to run her life. She then explains that it must have been Emily that fed back false information, and it must have been her that took Ryan's original note."

"Bitch," Ryan says.

"Yeah, but for now, keep it to yourself. I want to see how this plays out. I want to see how deep of a hole my family wants to dig. One thing though, baby, watch your back."

The next morning, Ryan helps Rose to pack the car up and move everything to the flat. Rose spends the day, while Ryan is at University, buying what they need for the flat--bedding, towels, crockery, and cutlery. She does a food shop and phones around to get the WIFI and cable sorted.

This place has two bedrooms and a sofa bed in the living room in case they get visitors. There's also a room that could be a small bedroom but is earmarked to be Ryan's office/computer room, where Ryan can set up the computer he's bought from his mate's shop. They also could put a single bed in there if needed.

Tuesday evening is spent getting what they have sorted and put away. Rose will pack up her Range Rover when they go back for the weekend. Ryan is feeling a little nervous but has kept his relationship away from his family. The main reason is that they want time for themselves, to be able to focus on each other, and not have family intervening. Both have turned their phones off now, and both have taken themselves away from any contact with friends and family.

"Christ," Rose says as she walks into the small room where Ryan has set his computer up. "Was that what filled the boot of your car for the trip back?"

"Yeah, I got one of my schoolmates to put it together. He worked for an industrial computer company and customised it for me."

"That tower looks chunky," she says.

"Yeah, apparently, it's three computers working in parallel. Each one has the fastest processors available and a large RAM cache."

"My laptop has an I5 and thirty-two gig RAM," Rose says.

"That's good, but this has three five thousand gigahertz processors with one hundred and twenty-eight gig RAM each. They all run in parallel, working either together or as separate systems. They are connected to two two-terabyte hard drives," Ryan says, quoting his friend and not completely understanding.

"Oh wow," Rose says. "So it's been built to run a lot of data simultaneously." Rose looks at Ryan, "that's one hell of a gaming machine," she adds.

Ryan laughs. "Want to play games on my computer with me?"

Rose smiles and puts her arms around him. "Of course," she says, kissing his cheek. "Can we connect the system to the main TV in the lounge?" Ryan hands her a dongle to put in the back of the TV. The TV is a smart TV, but the processor is too slow. The dongle has a faster system built in. "Will this do the job?"

"Worth a try, but we might need to add a hard-line if it's not fast enough or there's lag."

"Pointless me bringing my PlayStation then," Rose says with a smile.

"Not unless you want to go on your PlayStation account," Ryan replies. "But I could make a phone call to see if you can access it via this." He adds, indicating the computer he's setting up.

Over the last couple of days, both have found a lot they are interested in. Their music tastes are remarkably similar, and their interests, although they differ, also have many similarities.

Rose sits in and helps Ryan piece together the three screens and all the wiring for the computer setup. Ryan is pleased she seems to know more than him.

As they work, they talk about their thoughts and dreams. Rose explains what she wants and hopes to start her own business in cosmetics and fashion. Ryan explains that he had originally wanted to work for one of the large investment firms as a stockbroker, but has since changed his mind and thinks he could just work with his own money.

They talk about politics and seem to have the same belief that the British system is broken and the tax system is out of control. The more they talk, the more they see that they can easily get on and make a life together.

Wednesday morning, Ryan gets into Uni, and Alicia is waiting for him near his first lesson of the day.

"Hey, Ryan. Is your phone off?"

"Yeah, sorry. We've turned off everything so we can focus on ourselves. I have a pay-as-you-go for emergencies." Ryan gives Alicia his temporary number.

"No problem, as long as I know."

"It will be only for this week." Ryan looks at the disappointment of his friend. The phone ringing saves Ryan. "Hey baby, I'm talking to Alicia..." He pauses and says to Alicia. "Rose says hey, and if you aren't busy, can you go over this afternoon?" Alicia's face brightens up, and she nods enthusiastically. "I think the answer is yes," he says, laughing down the phone. "So what can I do you for?" Ryan asks. "Yeah, I'll be back for lunch before... Okay baby, see you around one." Ryan hangs up. "I've got to get to class; I'll see you later. Will I see you at the flat?" Ryan says as he pats his friend on the shoulder and walks toward his first class of the day.

Ryan leaves Rose and Alicia talking as he makes his way into the city. Since his talk with Rose the other night, he has an uneasy feeling, but when he gets to MCT, everything seems normal. Even Emily is normal. Ryan wasn't sure what he thought might happen, but he could handle normal.

Getting in around six, Alicia is still at the flat chatting to Rose. They seem to be getting on well, to Ryan's delight, as he kisses Rose and Sophia. The rest of the week goes by quickly, and by the end of the week, they both know that there is much more to come between them.

As they make their way back home on Friday, Rose looks quite nervous. "Is everything okay, Rose?"

"Yeah, just very nervous. So how are we playing this?"

"Not sure, I've made sure everyone is coming. Even my grandparents are coming."

"Shit, that doesn't make me feel any better."

Rose sits looking out of the passenger window at the countryside moving past. Her phone rings. They had only turned them back on when they were outside London.

"Hey, Sis.... Sorry, I needed some time with Ryan... What at my place?... Can I come to yours?....Thanks, the last thing I need is an argument with them.... Yeah, see you in about an hour.....Bye." Rose breathes out. "My parents have someone camped out at my place."

"And?" Ryan asks.

"And I'm not prepared to show my hand until I am ready. Can you drop me around Sicily's place? I'll get her to take me home. I'll meet you at the restaurant later. Is that okay, baby?"

"Sure, but I feel you're not telling me something."

"Oh baby, never. It's just I'm not ready for you to come face-to-face with my family yet. I'm still too exposed and need to get everything sorted with my uncle before I can stand up against my family without them having any leverage over me."

"Okay, I don't get it, but I trust you. Don't forget seven o'clock at the steakhouse on London Road."

"I do like that place. I must admit I don't get to eat there often. It's a bit down market for my family and some of my friends."

"I'm sorry for being a commoner," Ryan says with a smile.

"It doesn't make me love you any less," Rose says. Her eyes double when she realises her slip.

There's a silence for a minute before Ryan says, "I fell in love with you the moment our eyes met when you walked into the club," like he's talking to himself.

"I fell in love with you at the bar when I finally plucked up the courage to say something."

"You were nervous? Christ, Rose. You are the most beautiful woman I've ever met. I still can't believe we had that first night together." Ryan lets that hang for a second. "I still pinch myself that I'm not dreaming."

"I'm nothing special, but I know there's more to us than a one-nighter."

"I think we proved that this week....." Ryan reaches across and takes Rose's hand. "I love you, Rose," he says.

"And I love you, Ryan," Rose says. It goes quiet for a moment, but when Ryan looks across, he can see tears falling.

"Hey, hey, hey, baby. I know it's taken two....."

"These are happy tears, Ryan. All the times I've been told I was stupid to think that way, but....but today...today, I feel total relief and at peace with myself for the first time ever."

"Yeah, I've always felt that our first time just felt too right, and every time we made love over the last week has reinforced my belief." Ryan again reaches over and squeezes Rose's hand.

"You know, you are the first man to tell me he loves me?"

"Rose, I love you," Ryan says again.

Rose smiles at him and then says, "Turn right at this roundabout, my love."

They pull up outside, and Sicily comes running out, waving an envelope. "Rosie," she says, pleased to see her friend.

"Sis," Rose shouts as she gets out and hugs her friend. "Hey baby girl, I've only been gone a week," she adds as Sicily hugs her tight. Sicily then hands Rose the envelope.

Ryan gets out and unclips an excited Sophia. "So-So, baby. Come to Auntie Sicily," Sicily shouts when she sees Ryan with Sophia.

"Sis, sis," Sophia shouts. Sicily walks up, and Sophia then does something nobody expected. "Sis, this is me Dada," she says, patting Ryan's chest.

"Yes, baby girl, it's your Dada." She looks at Ryan. "Hello, Ryan. Good to see you," she says to Rose's amazement. Sicily never liked any man, and before Ryan had turned back up, he was her least favourite man. "How was your week, Rose?"

"Oh god, it was everything and so much more," Rose answers. "I will tell you more, but first, I need a cup of tea." Rose looks at the envelope and then hands it to Ryan. "This will confirm what we know," Rose says.

Ryan opens the envelope and gets the sheet of paper. "Results of paternity test between one Ryan Lock (Father) and Sophia Macintosh (Child).

#Inclusion = When the conclusion states, "cannot be excluded as the biological father," this means the tested male most likely IS the biological father of the child, as all data gathered from the test supports a relationship of paternity."

Ryan looks at the second sheet with the test result. "Wow, 99.99% chance she is mine," he says. "No arguing there," he adds with a smile.

"Are you coming in, Ryan?" Sicily asks, not looking impressed.

"Uh, not today, Sicily. I'll get going so you two can catch up," Ryan answers. He takes everything out of his car and puts it in Sicily's car, then kisses both Rose and Sophia. He hands Rose the results before heading back to his mother's.

"Mum, I'm home," Ryan calls as he walks through the front door.

"In the lounge, son," his mother calls.

As he walks into the lounge, his mother doesn't look straight at him but behind him. "Where's Alicia?"

"Sorry, Mum, she's gone away for the weekend. She's promised to come with me next time I come home."

"So what's this dinner about then?" She asks, more impatient than ever.

"You will have to wait like everyone else, but it is a very important announcement that affects the whole family."

His mother turns to Ryan's dad with a shocked look and then gets up. "Tea?"

The family walks into the restaurant just before seven and are seated at their table. Ryan's sister, Bella, is not happy that she's been dragged along and is moaning about everything. Ryan doesn't see Rose get out of an Uber. She's feeling very nervous and walks in the side door behind where Ryan is sitting.

Ryan sees his Mum and Gran both look up together. Their eyes go large at the same time. Then he hears, "Dada."

Ryan stands just as Rose walks up behind him. "Hey, baby," she says.

"Hello gorgeous," he replies. "Hey, So-So," he says as Sophia wriggles in Rose's arms.

She shouts "Dada" at the top of her voice, wanting to see her dad.

Ryan leans forward and kisses Rose on the lips as Sophia latches herself around Ryan's neck. He tucks his hand under her bum before turning around.

"Right," he says, now feeling very nervous. "Mum, Dad, guys, I would like to introduce my girlfriend Rose and our daughter Sophia."

There's silence before Ryan's dad turns to his wife. "Oh crap, I'm married to a Grandma."

1...45678...11