A True Connection

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Ryan's mother tuts and hits her husband and then gets up and walks around the table. She opens her arms to Rose. "Hello, Rose," she says. "So nice to know that my son keeps secrets."

"To be fair, Mrs. Lock, he didn't know until last Sunday."

My mother releases Rose and looks at Sophia. "Well, young lady, I can see you are your father's daughter. You have the Lock's eyes." Sophia tries to hide her face in Ryan's shoulder.

"Hey So-So, this is your Nana. Dada's, Mama," Ryan says to his daughter.

Sophia turns her head so she can see, but that's all Ryan's mum gets. By this time, Ryan's Gran and the rest have stood and are greeting Rose. There is a slight edge to the greeting, but she gets a hug from everyone.

Everyone sits back down. Ryan and Rose sit on either side of Sophia, who's gone very quiet and in a highchair. The server comes to take the drinks order as everyone settles after the shock announcement.

"I don't get it," Bella says. "When did this happen?" She indicates to Rose and Sophia.

"The night before, I went back to start my second year at Uni," Ryan says. "We met at Fever and just hit it off."

"Actually, it's your fault I even noticed him," Rose says.

"What? How?" Bella stutters.

"The girls and I used to go into the coffee shop Ryan worked in. You were always there and...how should I say, you weren't very nice to him. He always had patience and never got upset with you. He showed his love for you even though you treated him badly. I respected him for that and thought he might be worth getting to know."

Bella started to glow red. "So why are we only finding out tonight about this?" Ryan's Gran asks.

"I didn't find out until a couple of months after, and by that time, he had just disappeared. I didn't have his second name or any way of contacting him. The coffee shop closed at the same time Ryan left, and I didn't know which University he went to. In fact, the next time we saw each other was last week at Bella's eighteenth birthday dinner."

"So what was the dirty look for?" Ryan's mother asks.

"I was being told things that were untrue about Ryan and thought he had turned his back on his daughter. When he came over and said what he did, it didn't seem to go with someone who even knew he had a daughter. It also...." Rose was going to say something but stopped.

"What were you going to say, Rose?" Ryan's mother asks.

Rose takes a deep breath and says. "It wasn't just that. I felt the same as I did the first night we were together and I chastised myself. The first night Ryan and I shared was like the most romantic dream. It was so beautiful that I didn't go to the hospital the next day and get the morning-after pill. It felt so right that I thought that if I had a child from it, he or she would have been born from the most beautiful moment. What he said to me last Saturday night told me he felt the same even two years later. That's why I came up and got his number. We have spent the last week together, and I have to say, it's been the most special week of my life." Rose beams at Ryan.

"The connection between us from that first meeting was incredible and made such an impression on both of us that changed how we were with the opposite sex," Ryan adds. He smiles at Rose and reaches across to squeeze her hand.

Sophia slaps her hand on her highchair table and shouts, "Dadadadada," to everyone's amusement.

The family settled in to look at the menu and order their food. Ryan's mother could keep her eyes off her grandchild. When the server has left with the food order, Ryan stands and lifts Sophia out of her highchair.

"Come on, So-So, let's go say hello properly to your gran," he says to her daughter. Ryan walks up and sits down on the chair he pulls in from the table behind. "Mum, would you like to get to know your granddaughter better?" He asks.

Sitting on her dad's lap gives Sophia more confidence to look at Ryan's mother.

"Hello, Sophia," Wendy Lock says. In return, Sophia gives her Gran a big smile.

Sophia looks at her dad and screams, "Ahhh," with the biggest smile. Again, this gets a laugh as she claps her hands with happiness.

Ryan's and Rose's eyes meet, and she gives him an approving smile. Sophia leans forward, now getting even braver, and touches her Gran's hands.

Ryan then places Sophia on his mother's lap, to the surprise of both girls, but Sophia soon recovers and continues to get to know this new person.

He gets up and puts the chair back before walking behind Rose and putting his arms around Rose. "Are you okay, baby?" Ryan asks.

"Yeah, after the initial shock, I think everyone has settled down. I think it will take more than one dinner for everyone to accept the situation, but it's going better than I hoped." Rose smiles. "Are you staying at mine tonight?" She then asks Ryan.

"Is it safe enough?"

"Yeah, I guess. I didn't see anyone watching the place."

"But you will come over for Sunday dinner tomorrow before you leave," Ryan's mother says

"Yes, Mum," Ryan says.

"And you are more than welcome to come as well. It will be easier to get to know you and Sophia a little better," Ryan's mum adds.

"Thank you, Mrs Lock. We would be delighted to come," Rose says.

"You are always welcome, and it's Wendy; I would love it if you would call me Wendy," Wendy Lock says and reiterates. "Isn't that right, So-So," she adds, using Sophia's nickname.

Rose doesn't know what to say, and she smiles. "Thank you, Wendy," she finally says.

As the food turns up, Sophia gets handed back and isn't again amused when she's put in her highchair. That is until she has food put in front of her by her mother. "Dada, look, chips," she says, showing Ryan her food.

Everyone dives into their meal as Ryan and Rose take it in turn to feed Sophia. However, she is able to handle her chunky chips.

The night winds down, and Rose notices the family has relaxed and are talking to her like part of the family. They ask the odd question, and even Bella asks Rose about her online accounts and when she might be back.

As the family gets up to head home, Rose gets a hug from both Ryan's Mum and Dad as well as his sister and Gran.

Sophia wakes both Ryan and Rose up the next morning. They had slept in a little after making love a couple of times before they fell asleep in each other's arms. Sophia soon heads off downstairs to turn the TV on after making sure her mum and dad were getting up.

"Are you okay with two meals in two days with my family?" Ryan asks.

Rose gives him a look that tells him that he just asked a stupid answer. "I think I like your family better than mine. I'm surprised no one asked about any paternity test."

"I'm sure if there's a doubt, they will voice it today when it's more private and relaxed. I think the thing that stopped any of that thought was you telling them about our first night together," Ryan says, snuggling into Rose's neck.

"And the fact So-So has your eyes," Rose adds.

"I guess that didn't hurt," Ryan says, grinning.

Rose gets up and throws a pillow at Ryan when he doesn't get up at the same time. "Come on, we have breakfast to prepare and a dinner to get ready for."

"It's only eight-thirty," Ryan says, perplexed.

"Yeah, I know, so little time. Now get your ass...." Ryan laughs as he dodges a second pillow and grabs Rose for a morning kiss. "You know, even your morning breath isn't that bad," she says.

"You are such a romantic," Ryan says, and he pulls away smiling and slips into the master bath.

The morning is a quiet one until there's a knock on the door. "Hey, Clare, come on in," Rose says to her sister. She checks there's no one else before closing the door. "Come to check to see if I am home?" Rose says as soon as she gets closer to her sister.

"Yeah, but I'm getting sick of this Rose," Clare says. "When they couldn't contact you all week, all I've had is, 'Where's your sister? Have you heard from Rose yet? What's got into your sister? Why's her phone off? What aren't you telling us? Call the police and report her missing.'" Clare says. "I've said nothing, but they are beginning to put two and two together."

"It's okay, Clare. I'm transferring my money over to Uncle Ken, and will be ready for anything," Rose says. "Ryan and I are going to be living together until he finishes University. You are welcome anytime, but you'll have to slum it on the pull-out sofa."

"What, like Gramma's?"

"You know, I forgot about that, but yeah. You might have to check with Sicily first because she's coming up on some weekends. We will also be back down so So-So can see Ryan's parents."

"Great, another thing they can gripe about. 'Why can't she come and visit us?'"

"And you reply because you had two years to visit and chose not to. I don't know. When I'm around, they ignore me, and when I'm gone, they want me. Clare, I swear, if they try anything, I will disown them."

"You know they can't leave alone, don't you?" Clare looks worried.

"I'm sorry, but I'm lost in this conversation," Ryan says.

"You have warned him, haven't you?" Clare says to Rose.

"Yes, but I think the plan has to have a plan B," Rose looks at Ryan. "We can talk about this in the week."

"Are you still not coming back until Thursday?" Ryan says, suddenly feeling exposed.

"Sorry, babe. I have to get a lot of things settled before I move up. I can't just drop everything for six months without someone looking after things here," Rose says. She had warned him that she would have to stay behind to organise things. "Everything we talked about last week still applies. Remember that I presumed that my parents know who you are? I think we should treat this like they do," Rose says.

"So, you two are like a real item, sis?" Rose nods to her sister's question. "So, is it the same as you told me?"

Rose looks at her sister. A smile spreads across her face. "Better" is the only word she says.

"Better? How?"

Rose tuts at her sister's questions. "If you must know, it's a lot more fulfilling. Our first night was incredible, but it was only one night. Spending the week with Ryan has shown me the in-between bits. Oh god, how do I describe it?"

Ryan has settled himself on the sofa with Sophia on his lap. He looks up, "There's more to life than sex," he says. "We have found we are compatible in life. We share a lot of similar tastes and beliefs. Don't get me wrong, we have our differences, but from our first week together, we feel we are a good fit," Ryan says.

"But it's only been a week," Clare says, looking at both of them in disbelief.

"Yes, we get that. That's why Rose feels it's important to move up closer to me. We want to see where this goes. The minimum is that I connect properly with So-So. If we feel the same as we do today, well, I can't see us separating."

"Do you feel the same, Rose?"

"Oh, yes. Do you remember I told you once about our connection?" Clare nods. "Well, it's there constantly. It wasn't, as you said at the time, just my hormones or lust. It's there now as we talk, it's there walking down the street hand in hand, it's there when we are intimate."

"Okay, okay. I get the idea." Clare thinks for a moment. She can't help but be happy for her sister. She smiles for the first time since she walked in. "I am happy for you, Rose. It's just, I don't know. I just need to make sure you are okay."

Rose steps forward and puts her arms around her sister. "Clare, I've never been so happy in my life. Ryan completes me and makes me feel satisfied with who I am. He makes me feel content for the first time in my life."

Clare looks over at Ryan; she doesn't quite get it. He's nothing special. Looks wise, her sister has dated a lot better-looking men than him, but she has to concede that he's more than what's on the outside. Clare nods, "Okay, Rose. I can see you are a different person. Hell, you wouldn't normally stir the hornet's nest, but I can see in your eyes you are happy. The clincher is that little lady, though. That girl already loves her dad more than anything. I won't take that from her, and I will not drop you in it with mum."

"Thanks, Clare," Ryan says. Clare releases Rose, walks over, and hugs Ryan.

"Right, I better go before I am missed. Keep me in the loop," Clare says as she makes her way out.

They say their goodbyes, and Rose looks at the huge clock on the wall. Her eyes double, "Christ, look at the time; we need to start getting ready."

Ryan's mother opens the door before they can walk up the path. "Rose, Sophia, and Son," she says with a huge smile.

"Great, last again," Ryan says to Rose.

"And I was first," she says, smiling.

Ryan's mum, Wendy, opens her arms, and Rose eagerly accepts her welcome. "Sorry I couldn't welcome you properly yesterday. I was in a little shock finding out I am a grandma."

"Sorry for dumping that on you, Wendy, but I guess there's no good way of doing it."

"Ah, I'm sorry, but I don't think calling me Wendy is appropriate anymore. After the look you gave my son last night, you are going to have to call me Mum."

Rose can't believe what Ryan's mother has just said. She puts her hands up to her mouth in disbelief and then steps aside, and Ryan moves forward with a shy Sophia. "Thanks, Mum," Ryan says. "So-So, you don't have to be shy around grandma."

Sophia looks at her dad and then at her grandma. She points at her grandma and says, "Ganma." Ryan hears his mother gasp. Ryan nods at his daughter. "ello Ganma," she says and then leans forward and kisses her grandma on the cheek.

"Hello, So-So; it's so good to meet you again." Wendy Lock says all emotional. She looks at her son and his girlfriend. "Come on, let's get you inside. Dinner will be about half an hour."

Wendy leads the way with Sophia in her arms. In the lounge, Ryan's dad and both grandparents are standing listening to the exchange on the doorstep and waiting for their chance to greet the guests.

The moment Sophia sees the new people, she wants her mother. Rose takes her but continues to move into the lounge. Everyone greets each other, having already met, but this time it's more personal.

Rose feels the acceptance straight away and is inwardly amazed that they haven't questioned her claim. They all take a seat, and Sophia scrambles across to her father's lap, that's a little further from the open fire.

All the ladies retreat to the kitchen to finish the meal. The delight on Rose's face when she is included is amazing.

"She seems to be having a good time," Ryan's dad says as more sound of laughter comes from the kitchen.

"Yeah, from what I understand, her parents weren't very nurturing," Ryan says. "The fact she's with me is going to cause a fracture in the family."

"Do you think your relationship is strong enough for that?" Grandfather says.

"Who knows? We've known each other for a week, but if the first week is anything to go by, I think her parents are in for a bit of a shock."

"I hope you're right, son. How are you going to afford to bring up this little one?"

"Rose has her own money, so she's not dependent on them. I have been a busy boy on the stock market. I invested five hundred pounds, and it's grown to over one hundred thousand."

"Yes, your son is a very clever man," Rose says, bringing a tray with plates and cutlery. Baby, would you set the table for me? Mr. Lock, without the money from my online business, I still get a large monthly sum from what my granddad left me."

"Rose, please call me Dad, especially how you call Wendy Mum," Ryan's Dad says. "Okay, I guess that answers that worry."

Rose smiles, "Thank you, Dad; everyone is making me feel so welcome. At this rate, I might move in here instead of London."

"Don't say that too loud," Ryan's granddad says.

They all laugh as Ryan gets up with Sophia. "So-So, do you want to help Daddy with the table," he asks as Rose disappears back into the kitchen. Sophia seems excited as they start unloading the tray and making each dinner place up. She sits on a chair, watching her dad as he talks to her about where he should put each plate. She even starts to point in the same direction her dad does and is delighted when he puts whatever he has in his hands there.

Table set Ryan carries his daughter into the kitchen so she can see what her mum is doing. Rose is looking so happy stirring the gravy. Ryan's mother and Gran are busy putting all the veg in their separate serving dishes. Ryan quickly makes his way out of the busy kitchen before he gets in the way.

Five minutes later, Ryan's mother walks out with two serving dishes, steam billowing out the top. "Come on, you four, get up to the table."

Ryan hands his shocked dad, Sophia, and runs out to Rose's Range Rover. He gets the folding high-chair out the back and sets it up at the table.

Finally, they sit and dig in. Ryan notices that Rose has a huge smile on her face. The talk is light, and the food is good.

It's Rose who brings up the question of Sophia's paternity. "Mum, Dad," she begins. "You have been so welcoming to me and Sophia, and I thank you. I can see you have accepted Sophia without question, but I..."

"Rose, there's no need," Ryan's mother says.

"It's funny. Your son said the same, but I insisted on a DNA test to prove without question that Ryan is Sophia's dad. Like I said to Ryan, it's not for him but for the people that do ask."

"Oh, I guess that makes more sense. Okay, thank you, Rose," Wendy says with a genuine smile.

"So, where's my loving sister?" Ryan asks, changing the subject.

"She went out last night after our dinner with her friends. Now she's eighteen; she's taking full advantage of the fact she can drink in a pub. She should be home soon." Ryan looks at his dad, and he doesn't look happy that his little girl has been out all night.

Dinner has been consumed, and they are drinking a cup of tea when Bella walks in, still in the same clothes she had on last night. "Hey guys, you could have told me Ryan and Rose were coming over."

"We would have, but you couldn't wait to leave us for your friends."

Bella sits down and looks at her brother and then Rose. "I still don't get it. The girl with everything and my brother. Christ, you make every woman in the country feel inadequate."

Rose pursues her lips. She's not the biggest fan of Ryan's sister. "One day, if you are lucky, you will."

"What? End up with someone like Ryan," she laughs. "I hope not."

"The man doesn't have to be like Ryan. What I am referring to is the person that you connect with totally."

"And you and Ryan......Connect?" Bella smirks as she says this.

Rose doesn't answer her and just sits back and looks at Ryan. They smile at each other and don't need to explain.

"So, what's next with you two?" Ryan's Gran says, breaking the silence.

"Ryan finishes University as we get to know each other." Rose's eyes go to Bella and answers the question she's going to ask. "Although we have our connection, the reality is we don't know each other. We are not fools, and while we will always have So-So joining us, we know there's more to life than two people being attracted."

"I thought you have this fantastic connection," Bella says, trying to dig.

"We do, but we also realise that to live together, we need to have more. This last week has been the happiest and most incredible of my life, but there's more to life."

"She's right, and I'm pleased to hear that they know. Living together is so much more. The relationship we are building today is part of that," Ryan's mother says. Rose can now see where Ryan gets his brains from.

"Yes," Rose says, smiling at Wendy. "Ryan is finishing what he has started at Uni as well. He needs to feel he's doing what he wants in life. I can't hold him back to suit me, and on the reverse, he knows he needs to let me grow. We need time together to work all this out. To be honest, I already know the outcome."

1...56789...11