A True Connection

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Mrs. Macintosh storms off, but Mr. Macintosh pauses for a moment and turns back. "I don't get it. Why are you allowing us into your child's life after what we have done?"

"That's simple," Ryan replies. "I don't want my daughter turning around to me one day and asking what I did to stop you from seeing her."

Mr. Macintosh thinks about that for a moment, nods his head understanding, and walks to the waiting car.

Life returns to normal for Ryan and Rose as Ryan's final exams rush towards them. There are very few weekends when someone doesn't visit them. Alicia has a new boyfriend. She has found that now Ryan isn't living in the same house, and they don't hang out as much; guys realise they are not an item.

Ryan and Mr. Huntley walk into the police station. Detective Rigby had phoned him earlier in the week to ask if they could come in.

"Mr. Lock, Mr. Huntley, good of you to come. We have gone through all your figures and paperwork, and to be honest, half the team wants you as their investment banker. The thing we noticed compared to the printout we got from MCT is that everything you sent us tallies up. On the other hand, all of the questionable transactions happen when you are not logged in. Not only that, but we have you in a different part of the city simultaneously. So, it will come as no surprise that your part of our investigation is closed. We do have some questions for MCT, but that will not involve you."

Ryan breathes out a breath that he's been holding. "Thank you, Detective Rigby," Ryan says as he gets up and shakes the policeman's hand he hopes for the last time.

As they drive back to the flat, Mr. Huntley rings Uncle Ken. "Ken, good news. The case has been dropped, and there's nothing to answer."

"That's great news," Uncle Ken says. "So, how do you feel about joining us when you finish your degree, Ryan?"

Ryan is stunned. "Sir, can I ask a question?"

"Yes, fire away."

"Are you hiring me because I am with Rose?"

Uncle Ken takes a breath. "I won't bullshit you, Ryan. If you weren't Rose's boyfriend, we might not have noticed you until it was too late. The simple fact is that you have a talent, and we would have come for you at some point. You, being Rose's boyfriend, hasn't changed that you are someone who will be sought after. I guess we are getting you on the cheap at the moment."

"Thank you, Sir," Ryan says.

"Please, Ryan, it's Uncle Ken or just Ken. I will get the wife to invite everyone to dinner. Apologies, it's not been earlier. Although we knew that you wouldn't be charged, we needed to stay neutral."

"I understand, Uncle Ken. I will let Rose know to expect your wife's call."

"No problem.....Matt, I will see you in a bit. Look forward to meeting you, Ryan, bye." The line is cut, and Ryan looks at Mr. Huntley.

Ryan runs into the flat with all the news about the job offer and the police inquiry, and they are both elated.

"So, what's next?" Rose asks.

"I don't know, baby. Just live our lives and hope that we are left alone."

"There is one thing that might change everything," she says, looking a little worried.

Ryan puts his arms around and kisses Rose tenderly. "Oh yeah, and what might that be," he asks.

"I missed my last two periods."

Ryan looks at Rose in amazement. "Number two?"

Rose bites her bottom lip and nods. "It's okay to get them out of the way, isn't it?" Ryan nods and looks like he's going to cry.

Rose fumbles with something in her pocket. Ryan frowns as Rose gets down on one knee. "Rose, hold that thought a moment," Ryan says and runs into the bedroom to get the ring from his grandmother. Then runs back and stands in front of a frowning Rose. Ryan gets down on the same knee as Rose, so they interlock.

Instantly, Rose understands what is happening, and her eyes well up. She looks into Ryan's eyes and sees he's having the same reaction. They both laugh, not knowing what to say next. Then Rose says. "Ryan, ever since we met back up again, I have known we are forever."

"Rose," Ryan interrupts. "Ever since we have been back together, my love for you has evolved into what I knew it would if we just gave it a chance."

"Ryan, will you do me the honour," Rose starts, but then pauses.

"Rose, will you make me the happiest man alive," Ryan says.

"And marry me," they say as one.

The end.

Epilogue:-

Rose and Ryan married two weeks after Ryan's last exam and before Rose was showing too much. Alicia was one of Rose's bridesmaids, along with Sicily and Sophia. Alicia was always a part of their lives and was around for all the important stuff, including god mother to all three. Alicia finally found Mr. Right, and as funny as it is, she became Mrs. Wright.

Karl never came to terms with Ryan and Rose. He didn't even turn up to the wedding, but that was his choice.

Rose's parents finally gave up trying to control her and realised all they were doing was hurting themselves. The first breaking of ice was when Mr. Macintosh came around and asked if he could walk Rose down the aisle. Rose cried in her father's arms as they started to mend those bridges.

As for Rose and Ryan, they are totally in love and live a good life just outside the city of their birth. Ryan has continued in the financial arena. Although he never got into working as a stockbroker, he became a key player in where Uncle Ken's company invested in those accounts. Ryan helped a number of Rose's friends with investments, including Sicily, who never married and, thanks to Ryan, was a very independent woman.

Rose gave Ryan two more children, two boys. Richard and Haydon were born exactly eighteen months apart. Both boys were given their granddads' names for middle names.

Rose's empire never fully developed, but she did become a famous MILF and appeared regularly on TV. She became a spokesperson for mothers around the country.

As for their love and connection, on their silver wedding anniversary, they took a two-month-long round-the-world cruise. They still make love most nights and have never lost that initial spark they felt twenty-eight years before. They have their disagreements, but never go to bed angry.

Lastly Miss Clarkson disappeared from the face of the planet, not as though anyone ever asked.

******

Thanks for sticking to the end, please don't forget to leave a comment and score me.

1...67891011