A Vampire For Christmas

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"What about you?" I asked. "I can't imagine why there is no one special in your life."

"There was, a while back," she said almost sadly.

"Do you mind if I ask what happened?"

"That, my Dear, is a tale for another time. You would not understand just yet."

"OK, changing subject. Apart from you being gorgeous, why did Michelle think you and I would be a good match for a date tonight?"

"We have spoken of you. A great deal. What she told me made me want to get to know you. And, just look at you. I have resisted kissing you, but my resolve is waning."

She smiled and I almost kissed HER. Then she said, "You know Michelle loves you. She has missed you terribly. She does not want to lose you, but with her new situation, it is inevitable. She was forbidden to contact you until I arranged that ban to be lifted."

I blinked a few times as she just looked at me. "I'm confused," I said. "She was forbidden? Why would she be forbidden? Who has that kind of power?"

"There is much to explain. Michelle wants you to know about her new life and friends. She wants you to know she is well and is flourishing. Save for not having you in it, her life could not be better. Her words, not mine."

"Why isn't SHE telling me this?"

"Fear, mostly. Katherine, there are things you will learn that will almost certainly alter your view of her. She said she could not stand to see you disappointed in her or disgusted by her or, worse, afraid of her."

"What THINGS? Why would I be afraid of HER? Are you guys some sort of drug cartel or crime family after all?"

"We are a family, of sorts. But, no, not drugs, nor crime. It is because of what she has become and what we are, Michelle, me, Francois and some others here."

"What do you mean what you ARE?"

"We are Vampires, Dear."

The room began to spin, the lights all sparkled, then darkness.

I came to in a spacious room propped up on a mountain of pillows on a half acre bed. Colleen was sitting beside me holding my hand and applying a cool cloth to my head.

Where am I?" I asked, my mind a bit foggy.

"You are still at the house. We are in my room. Rather, it is one of the guest rooms. I don't own THIS house. How do you feel?"

"You were serious. You're a Vampire. Michelle is a Vampire."

"Deadly serious, my Dear. But, please put your mind at ease. You are not to be harmed. You are under my protection. Do you feel well enough to listen to what I want to tell you? What I must tell you."

"I'm not sure. I'm not even sure I want to know. I'm still having trouble believing the whole Vampire thing".

In a split second, she was off the bed and standing by the door. I saw a blur but did not really see her move. Then, another blur and she was back sitting on the bed. Her eyes began to glow a bit brighter and she smiled at me the way I Imagine a panther does at a rabbit. Her canine teeth had elongated. Fangs. She was terrifying, yet, even more beautiful, An instant later, her smile was back to normal.

"Sorry, Dear. I don't like to resort to theatrics, but I need you to believe what I am saying to you."

I was unable to do more than nod.

"If you will indulge me, please let me tell you a tale without interruption. It is essential that you know WHO I am. As I said, we are a family. Like any family of means, there is a hierarchy, family rules and expectations. Our family has a Matriarch who is one of the few Original Vampires."

"We keep our family small. Allowing a member to add to the family is only done with the Matriarch's permission. Anyone who would violate that rule would quickly find the fledgling Vampire they created destroyed, most likely followed by their own destruction. Allowing Francois to create Michelle was the first time in two decades our family has expanded."

"My part of the story begins here, in London, in 1943. I was 29 years old, marginally employed and at loose ends. One joy I found was spending evenings at dance clubs. It felt good to see what pleasure the company of women brought the soldiers amid the horror and destruction of War. I'm a pretty good dancer, in case you didn't notice," she said with a smile.

"One night, as I was leaving a club, I realized I was being followed by a group of soldiers. Normally, I would have felt safe in such a situation. But, that night was different. They grabbed me and dragged me kicking and screaming into an alley. There they raped me, brutally and repeatedly. One of them, fearing there was a chance that they could be caught, decided my silence was best guaranteed at the end of a blade. He stabbed me in the stomach and the chest. Then, they left me there to die."

"I was too weak to call for help or drag myself out of the alley. My moans, though faint, were loud enough to attract the attention of a passerby, our Matriarch. I was conscious enough to hear her assess my wounds as fatal and ask if I wanted to live. Of course, I said yes. She used a fingernail to cut into her wrist, held the wound to my mouth and told me to drink. I was delirious, but I grabbed onto her wrist and began to lick and suck, thinking her blood would replace what I was so rapidly losing. After a few moments, she pulled her wrist away, turned my head to the side and bit my neck. I could feel her swallowing my blood as it poured into her mouth. She drank until she ended my life."

"I awoke the next night with her by my bedside. She took the time to explain what she had done, and what I had become. She offered me the choice to either continue as a Vampire or she would gently give me the death I would have had if she had not stumbled upon me. When I asked her why she had saved me, she told me she had a partner in the past who had an adult daughter who died of the plague. That daughter, apparently, could have been my twin. Her partner had long since passed, but she chose to intercede in honor of her memory. Obviously, I chose this life."

"She taught me to feed by letting me feed from her. That is not typical among our kind. We became lovers for a while. We decided not to become partners after a few years together. I think, for her, it was because of my resemblence to her former partner's daughter. I'm not sure why my reluctance even today. It was just a feeling. Because of how I began, our relationship was more akin to the love a Mother and Daughter have for one another."

"Vampires vary in their degree of power. Obviously, an Original, like our Matriach, whom I call Mother by the way, has a level of power unmatched by any progeny. Because I had spent so much of my early period drinking only HER blood, I became stronger than any others of the family. My power is equal to hers. Mother did that on purpose. By her design, in our family hierarchy, I bear the title of Second. My authority in the family is only slightly less than hers."

"When Francois sought permission to make Michelle, Mother included me in the decision. By the way, when I said he is much older, I meant it. He was born in the late 1700's. It turns out that allowing Michelle to be made was a good decision. Katherine, you would be amazed at her today. She is a delight, which you know. She is also is extremely good at understanding ways to increase our financial holdings. And, because of her, I have met you."

"Which, brings me to you. She would tell stories of this wonderful woman she had known since childhood. Some were completely hysterical, others very warm. She was heartbroken about having simply disappeared. She imagined the effect it would have on you. She begged me to let her contact you. So, I took it upon myself to investigate you further."

I could not refrain any longer. "You investigated ME? What does that even mean?"

"It means I traveled to the States, found you, and followed your movements for a while. I mostly did so at night. I got to see you interact with friends. I watched you play volleyball. You are quite good, by the way. You are a natural leader and very tenacious when you compete. I watched you sleep. And, no, I did not watch you shower or engage in activities with dates. But, I got to see you and weigh my observations against Michelle's stories. I liked what I saw."

"How was I not aware of you? You were in my apartment? How did I not know?"

"Dear, did you not hear me say that I am Second in our family?" She smiled, "Power does not mean just strength. It also means a varied array of talents. Part of my decision to observe you had to do with assuring Michelle you were safe. It was also to make sure that no one might use you to learn more about Michelle and us. It was why she was forbidden to contact you."

"Why would I not be safe?"

"It would take too long to list the accuracy and inaccuracy of what is written about Vampires. One truth is that there are people who want to destroy us. They call themselves, Hunters. They are ruthless and will use any means to find us. People have been killed for such information."

"Because Michelle disappeared so abruptly, I was concerned someone might conclude she is one of us and start looking for information about her. You are the only thing in her life that is imprinted on all aspects of her past. They might have watched you for any contact, then, well, who knows what then. The good news is I could find no trace of their activities where you are concerned."

I just stared into her eyes for a few moments, stunned. I did not want to believe it, especially that I could put Michelle in danger and vice versa. Finally, I asked, "What happens now?"

"Now, Katherine, the choice is yours. This family does not compel anyone to do anything. I won't allow it, nor will Mother. You have three options, as I see it."

"Option One. We can return to the party, talk a bit more, maybe dance. I love being with you. But, eventually, I will need to feed so I will have to find a guest who is not involved and is willing. Your evening with me will come to an end. I would be disappointed. In truth, I would like to know you intimately. I think, if we did not act on that idea, we would both be missing something special. Nonetheless, you will be escorted back to the hotel."

"Will I see Michelle again?"

"Tonight, no. She and Francois have chosen partners for this evening and are most likely preparing for pleasure and feeding."

I thought back to the restaurant and smiled, "She did say she would eat later at the party."

"Indeed. It is the reason for the party, after all. I will allow her to see you tomorrow night for a time, but the next day, you will be flown home. After tomorrow, the two of you will neither see nor hear from one another again. It is too dangerous for us and for you. You will live your life however you wish, age and die. She will not. So, a parting now or a parting later has the same result. No one from the family will contact you again unless there is danger from Hunters. We will simply be a memory."

"Option Two is more fun, but, in the end, much like Option One. You and I will return to the party, or stay here. We will spend the night having, what I promise will be, mind blowing sex. I will feed, enough to satisfy my need but no more than you can afford to lose and maintain your health. Tomorrow morning, you will be escorted back to the hotel, where, in the evening, you can see Michelle. You will be returned home the following day. You can revisit the designer during the day tomorrow and get all the outfits you wish under either Option. My treat."

"Option Three, I much prefer. You spend the night with me. We get to have that mind blowing sex, even more than Option Two. Then, tonight, you join our family."

"You mean become a Vampire." I said.

"It IS the price of admission", she laughed lightly.

"Let me be clear. I do not offer this Option out of pity, nor out of a feeling that it would make Michelle happy. It would. I have come to know you, as much as stealth has allowed, and I have developed strong feelings where you are concerned. Now that we have actually met, I am confirmed in my assessment. I am asking you to be my lover and partner. As you have seen, the lifestyle is amazing. Also, we are a hedonistic bunch, which means we take mates, but we know decades and centuries are long so we freely share with other members."

"Wait. You fucked Michelle didn't you? That's what you meant about being closer in some ways. And, Francois?"

"Of course. How could I say no to sharing pleasure with her?" "She was grinning, almost laughing. "She is pretty good, by the way. And, don't tell me you aren't curious. Michelle has told me a LOT about you."

"Colleen, I just met you. I mean, you are beyond gorgeous. I do like you and I won't deny I want to know what sex with you would be like. But, you are asking me to leave everything I know and trust that you and I will be a good pairing. Can we date or get to know one another better. Can we do Option Two and decide at a later time? This is a lot of serious shit."

"I would love to grant that request. But, think about what you are asking. How many dates would it require for you to come to the decision of which I am already certain? Three? Ten? More? How sure are you that when the time came you would not balk at the price?"

"Consider the risk to us both. The more I venture into your world, the more exposed to Hunters we become. If we are discovered, they will use you to try to get to me. I won't have that happen. It would be with great pain that I leave you after tonight, but it would be for both of our sakes. If it helps your decision, I have spent about eighty years in this life. I have mediated family member decisions of the heart. So, I think I'm a pretty good judge of these things. No one knows the future, but I expect ours would be delightful."

"So, I would live, how long?"

"No one can say. Decades, centuries. We can be killed many ways. Exposure to the direct rays of the Sun, sustaining more damage from injury or violence than we can fix, vehicle crashes. And, of course, Hunters. Occasionally, a Vampire violates rules badly enough, like senseless killings, or blatant actions that threaten the safety of the family. For those, the penalty is destruction by the family. Fortunately, that is rare."

"We are a dominant species, Katherine. Humans are, above all else, food. Mother believes that does not give us license to mistreat them, enslave them or interfere in their lives any more than necessary."

"Would I age? You said you were twenty nine during World War two. You don't seem a day older today."

"We age much differently than humans. Physically, it is almost imperceptible."

"But, Vampires DO kill people, right?" I asked.

"There are times it happens. For example, the men who raped me. Had Mother come along sooner, she would surely have rid the World of them. We have been known to help those dying to do so without pain and suffering. And, occasionally, a Vampire, usually a newer one, makes a mistake during feeding. Hunters, naturally, have forfeited their lives by attempting to take ours."

"If I say yes, how does all this work?" I asked, my voice trembling.

"It is rather simple, actually. You drink some of my blood. Then, I take your blood and end your life. Tomorrow night, you awake, changed. You would be my partner for as long as you wish to exist. Earlier I mentioned the bond between Michelle and Francois. There is no greater gift that can be given and recieved than the life of another. It is part of why I am so confident about us as a couple should you so choose."

"Other than that, I can only promise that I will devote my life to our happiness. All that I have is yours to share. All those places you have read about from the travel authors you assist can be actual experiences."

"Michelle does not want to lose you. I agree with her. Besides, there are worse things than being the partner of the Second. It comes with a lot of family perks. Think Princess, if that helps," she grinned.

"Seriously, Katherine. The choice is yours. I will hate Option One, and for that matter, the end result of Option Two, but I would not hate you, nor be surprised at you for choosing either."

There it was. It seemed Michelle had a rich friend for me after all.

My mind was officially on overload. Not so much that I was not aware enough to know I had a decision to make and no real time left to make it.

"Colleen, can I have some time alone to think about this?" I asked.

"Of course, Dear. Take as much time as you need. When you want to talk, just press the button on the intercom next to the bed. Michelle knew you would want to discuss it with her, but might have to decide before you could. So, she gave me this note for you." She placed the note on the bed left without another word.

With trembling hands, I picked up the note. I recognized Michelle's handwriting immediately. I sat on the bed, shaking and began to read.

"Dearest Kath. If you are reading this, Colleen has spoken to you and given you options for how things go from here. I know how hard the decision in front of you is to make. I had to make it too. I had the advantage of knowing Francois for a bit of time before I received my own bombshell. You and I have always called each other best friends forever. Now, we have the chance for that to be more than words. The life I am now leading is beyond anything I dreamed. The stories of Vampires are scary. The reality is, for the most part, we are not. We are simply, not human. Colleen is my best friend in the family. I am almost as close with her as I was, as I am, with you. She is beautiful, smart, sexy, funny and as good as you can imagine someone being. As illogical as it sounds, she is in love with you. I know, weird, right? What I know of her and you is that you two are a perfect match. I would not have agreed to this party or letting you know about me, about us, if I didn't think so. You will not be able to help falling in love with her. You have to do what you think best, but I would love you to accept her offer. It would mean I get to keep my BFF and you get to have the life and love you deserve. I wish we could talk it through, but, in the end, it is not about us or me. It is about you. Whatever you choose, I want you to be happy. I love you more than you know. Your BFF, alive or not, Michelle."

I sat and cried and shook for a few minutes. "Get a hold of yourself Katherine," I said. "It's time to take stock."

I ran through the pros. I would be able to have Michelle back in my life. I would have, who knows how much wealth and comfort. I would have a partner. That part was maybe the most scary. I would not live a boring life only to waste away or catch some horrible disease. I could live, centuries? Centuries. My mind raced with the possibilities of things to do and see. I would not appear to age during that time.

The cons. I would die. Now. Well, soon. I had no family, but I had plans and dreams. I had friends. They would wake up and I would be gone from their lives. I did not want to be the cause of the same pain I lived with my whole life.

I knew I had to decide in this moment. Some decisions can be changed once made. This was not one of them. I cleared my head, took a deep breath and pressed the button.

When Colleen returned, I was standing by the window. Rather than speak, because I didn't trust myself to do so, I reached for her and pulled her close. I kissed her. Passion, fear, emotion. I wasn't sure. I just needed closeness. She responded by wrapping me in her arms. When we broke our kiss, I looked into her eyes. "I've made my decision." I took a deep breath and said, "when we started dancing I was starting to imagine our being intimate. Our conversation interrupted that thought. So, I have an idea."

She raised an eyebrow, "Oh, do tell," she chuckled.

"We go back to the party. I want to dance with you again. Close. Intimate. If you give me a glass of Colleen 'special wine', I will drink it. We can dance some more until our bodies demand we retreat to your room and have our FIRST night of lovemaking. I shook my head. "God, I hope you're as good as I imagine you to be. Nearly a century of experience, you MUST have learned SOMETHING."