A Very Friendly Neighborhood Ch. 01

Story Info
Marshall moves in and starts to learn about the neighborhood.
7.8k words
4.64
23.3k
50

Part 1 of the 4 part series

Updated 10/01/2023
Created 06/14/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter 1

I smiled as I set down the last box in my new house. My mom and dad had ridden down to Florida with me for my move, and helped me unpack. They'd be helping me get set up, and be flying home tomorrow morning.

"It's gonna be hard, having you so far away." My mom lamented, looking around my new home.

I chuckled, "Mom, I'm not a child. I'm twenty-five. I'm an adult. I can take care of myself."

"Well, son, just don't let these crazy Floridians push you around." My father insisted. "You gotta show them you have a spine. They'll try and break you down, but once you show them you aren't one to be pushed around, they'll have to respect you."

I rolled my eyes, "Dad, I'm not here to start any fights, I know you and mom broke up the HOA back home, but this place isn't even in one."

My dad nodded, "Just watch out they'll try to get ya."

As if on queue, there was a knock on the door. Opening it, there was a lady, early thirties, in a sundress with a wide-brimmed shade hat on and wearing strappy high heels. The hair showing under her umbrella of a hat was that crazy bleach blonde that young mothers seemed to love. Her razor thin lips had way too dark lipstick coating them as she tried to smile. I'd say she had C-cup breasts and just a little more ass than I liked, but I liked my girls on the skinny side. She had a clipboard in her hands.

"Hello!" She greeted me with the darkest smile I'd ever seen. "You must be the new neighbor! Saw the U-haul and had to come say 'hi', I'm Sally I live down on the end of the block, one street over.."

"Hi, I'm Marshall. Moving in from Colorado. Nice to meet you." I politely replied.

"Wonderful! Well, I just need your signature right here, I'm the president of the Homeowner's Association and the previous owner never joined the HOA, no matter how hard we tried. I just know you don't want to be the problem house in the neighborhood." She laughed, extending the clipboard to me.

Now, a few of the comments the seller had slipped to us through their realtor made sense. Something about being so glad he never joined the crazy bitch association, and how he was fighting the crazies off with a baseball bat.

"Well, I hate to disappoint you, but I have no interest in joining a homeowner's association. It's actually one of the reasons I bought this house and just joining would be a significant hit to the value of my property in my opinion, and aren't HOAs supposed to support keeping property values up? So I'm sure you understand." I countered.

I could feel my dad's pride. He had HATED the HOA that had been set up when our neighborhood got built. It never did anything of value and seemed to exist to hand out fines for the most nit-picky of things. It had taken him two years once he finally had enough, but he'd rallied the neighborhood, done a hostile takeover and disbanded the HOA. As seemed to happen surprisingly frequently, they'd found the original treasurer and president had been embezzling, and almost landed them in jail, but by selling both of their homes to pay back what they'd stolen, they'd avoided jail time.

Sally's face couldn't hide her anger behind her smile, "I really must insist, we have a pool and a clubhouse, and it would be a shame for you to miss out on these wonderful neighborhood assets."

I laughed, "Well, I think I prefer the beaches to a local pool and my work has a gym and racquetball court in our new offices down here, so I really don't have need of either of those. It was nice meeting you. Goodbye."

And with that I closed the door in her face as she tried to object something about noise or something. I could hear her rage in frustration at having been shut down, and went to a side window to watch her stomp down the walk and round the concrete wall that circled my new property.

"Does your work really have a gym and a racquetball court?" My mom asked.

I laughed, "They have something. I mean, I'm work from home most of the year, so it doesn't really matter. There are just enough face-to-face meetings with clients that they were willing to pay to move me down here."

My mom shook her head, "You computer people and your tech. I'm gonna miss having my own personal tech support down the road."

I laughed, "Well, I have the guest room for when you visit. You saw the beds. Speaking of which, we should get those set up before dinner or we'll end up sleeping on the floor, and you two are too old for that."

"Marsh!" My mom gasped as my dad started laughing his ass off.

"Oh boy. I'm gonna miss you pushing your mother's buttons. Now the King goes in the guest room for us, right?" My dad laughed and winked at me.

"Nah, can't make it too comfortable. I want you to visit, not become squatters. Besides, how am I gonna give you grandkids without a bed to impress the ladies." I chortled.

"Well, I hope to get a wedding invite before an invitation to a baby shower." My mom huffed.

"That's the plan, mom." I told her, "But women don't wait until the wedding night to take the mattress for a joyride. If I tried to wait, you'd never get either invitation."

A little old fashioned, but I hoped to do just that. Find me a hot Florida beach babe, convince her to tie the knot and start making babies. Unlike many people my age, I loved kids. I'd bought a house big enough for plenty. It'd made the mortgage payments a bitch, especially because the seller knew a place like this without an HOA hanging over your head was worth twice its weight in gold.

Luckily for me, I'd made smart education and career choices and three years out from college I was well on my way past making 6 digits a year. The taxes were a bitch, but I could afford the place, and my car, which had been towed behind the U-haul, was paid off. I was feeling like one eligible bachelor.

My last girlfriend hasn't worked out because she had decided her career had been more important and she'd moved to New York for some hot job. She'd offered to bring me with her to the big apple, but I'd said New York was one of the last places in the USA I'd choose to live. My life plans were far safer and I offered to do a long distance relationship, while she tried to make it there, so if it didn't work out we could get back together. She'd told me exactly what I could do with my life plans, and made it clear that if I wasn't worshiping her career the way I worshiped her pussy when we made love, she was already over me.

I wondered how she was doing, but that would be something to investigate later.

After the beds were set up, my dad drove the U-haul to return it and I brought him back, while mom cooked the last meal she would for me for a while.

After dinner there was another knock on the door.

It was apparently sundress season, and I wasn't complaining. The woman at the door looked to be about the same age as Sandy had been, dark chestnut hair flowing freely. She had full rosy lips drawn into a smile. Her skin was that sweet sunkissed tan, which made the silver cross necklace she wore draw my eyes to her D-cup breasts. She had the couple of extra pounds of a woman who'd had a few kids, but she carried them well. The grave her the nice hourglass curves and enough thighs to be amazing handholds for smashing pussy.

"Hey neighbor, I'm Deborah Stevens, or Debbie. I live next door with my children. Just wanted to welcome you to the neighborhood. I saw Sally come over, I hope she didn't harass you too badly." The lady, Debbie, greeted me. This time the smile seemed sincere.

"Marshall Neilson. The pleasure is all mine." I assured her, wondering if this was simply another, significantly better, attempt to get me to join the HOA. "And no, she tried to insist I join the HOA, but I had no interest and told her as much."

"That freaking witch." Debbie sighed, "I have no idea how she hasn't gotten voted out. She must sweet talk people and has the landlords who are renting out their properties voting for her, but everyone I know hates her. If she comes around again, no one would blame you for telling her where she can shover her clipboard. Let me guess, she touted the community pool and clubhouse?"

I laughed, "Yep."

Debbie huffed, "No one wanted them. Half the people in the neighborhood have their own pools and the clubhouse is a glorified office for her to rub her nose on the ceiling as she lords her power over us. The "gym" is a joke. It has five machines for working out: a stationary bike, a bowflex, a bench press, a crunch machine and a leg press. It's basically her private gym and only has what she wants. If you wanted to use a pool, you could come use ours. My sons would love having a man to play with."

I laughed, "Oh, how old are your kids?"

"Well, my 18 year old Kennedy is my only daughter. She graduates from High school in May. Then I have three sons, Tanner is 16, Gambison is 13 and Joey is 10." She told me.

"How does a lady in her early thirties have a graduating senior daughter? Because you can't tell me you are older than 32." I laughed, I was apparently off on my guess of her age. Knowing that most women preferred to have their age underestimated, I felt safe revealing my clearly wrong age assessment of my neighbor.

"Oh, you charmer. You know a woman never reveals her age." Debbie laughed with a slight blush.

My mom rounded the corner, and Debbie smiled, "Is this your wife?"

My mom and I laughed, and my dad came to join in. In all fairness, my mother looked good for her age, and took good care of herself.

"No, that would be my mother and this gentleman is my father." I explained.

"Our Marshall is on the market, so to speak." My mom laughed.

"Really, a bachelor? And you can afford to live in this neighborhood? You'll have to be careful, there are lots of women in this neighborhood, who might try to snatch you up. But who knows, you moving in might break the neighborhood curse." Debbie laughed.

"Neighborhood curse?" I asked.

"Oh, it's nothing. A joke between residents is all. Don't want to spoil your big move-in day. Just wanted to say hi, and invite you over for dinner sometime. I know the Johnsons didn't put in a pool when they built the place, so if you ever want a dip, come on over and knock. I won't take any more of your time, though. So have a wonderful evening." Debbie bid me farewell, and my parents headed back to the kitchen where we'd been when the knock interrupted us.

It might have been my imagination, but Debbie seemed to pack a little extra sway in her hips as she walked down to my gate. I shook my head. I need a new girlfriend, I thought to myself as I closed the door. Every woman looked more fuckable when you were horny and pent up.

"Well, at least not everyone in the neighborhood is crazy." My mother acknowledged with a sigh. "We hope you like it here."

"Yeah, maybe snatch up one of those women, but that's a task for another day." My dad laughed, "The beds are up and I'm pooped. I'm not as young as I once was and we have to be up early tomorrow to catch our flight back to Colorado."

I could agree to that. The long drive we'd finished, combined with hauling way too many boxes had worn all three of us out.

My parents retreated to the guest room on the main floor and I took the stairs up to the second floor to where my Master Suite was located. I pulled off my shirt, and stripped down to my boxers like I always did to sleep. I went to check out my view and saw I could see into the neighbors yard on the east side.

"That must be the pool Debbie talked about." I mused.

The pool was nicely sized, and had a small slide on one side, a shallower wading area and a diving board on the other, which meant it had to have some depth there. That wasn't what drew my attention, however.

What drew my attention was the young lady relaxing with a book on one of the lawn chairs, reading as the sun set. At first I thought it was Debbie, but her curves weren't right, her breasts were much smaller, probably only a B-cup and she didn't have the motherly weight from childbearing. Further, I realized her hair was shorter, just beyond shoulder length instead of reaching past the shoulder blades like Debbie. This must be Kennedy, Debbie's daughter.

She was lounging in a bikini, a pleasant red splash on her fair skin. She wasn't as tan as her mother, probably because she was still in school. She was definitely pleasant to look at, but we'd have to see if she had the nasty attitude too many girls her age had before I actually made any opinions about her.

I smiled. If the neighborhood was full of teenage hotties, I'd have to be on my best behavior. Most parents wouldn't approve of a 25-year-old making moves on a fresh out of high school 18-year-old. Besides, girls that age were never experienced. I didn't mind teaching a girl what I liked, but I wasn't sure about training her from scratch, or worse having to undo the bad training of teenage dudes who thought porn was realistic.

I closed the blinds to hide the lounging female distraction. I did need to go to bed. And dropping into the freshly reassembled and made bed, it didn't take me long to drift off. I'd spent a pretty penny on my bed and made sure I'd gotten one good for both fucking and sleeping, and the latter happened far more often and my bed made it wonderful.

The next morning was a whirlwind. Had to get my parents to the airport and start unpacking in earnest. I'd been given a week off to move. Fernandina Beach seemed like a nice area and if I unpacked I'd get to explore it more. It had taken three days to make the drive from Colorado and I didn't want to waste any more time.

I was so caught up I missed lunch entirely and when dinner time came around I realized I still had grocery shopping to do. I didn't know where to eat around here, except national chains. I'd seen Olive Garden on the drive in, but I wasn't sure if I was hungry enough to lower my standards that far.

I was saved by a knock on the door.

Kennedy and one of her brothers, probably Tanner the 16 year old, were on my porch, "Hey there, mom said she didn't see you leave for groceries so she was wondering if she could invite you over for dinner? She said you could bring your swim trunks and try out the pool." The boy blurted out.

Kennedy was definitely checking me out. I didn't consider myself a specimen of manhood, but I liked to keep in shape. I was 5' 10" and 190 lbs, mostly muscle I liked to think, though my now ex-girlfriend had said I had enough padding to be cuddled comfortably. I focused more on cardio than strength training and had a fairly wiry build, like my father. Kennedy smiled, seeming to like what she saw and I had to remind myself she was 18 and I was seven years her senior.

"You know what, I think I'll take you up on that offer." I decided. Home cooking sounded much better than cruising town and inevitably getting fast food.

"I'll tell mom. Don't forget your swim trunks!" Tanner called running down the walk. Kennedy followed after another glance.

I nervously grabbed my trunks and headed over. Debbie met me and the door.

"Welcome to our humble home." Debbie bid me, graciously motioned for me to enter.

She was wearing a nice blue sundress again, this time with flowers. What appeared to be under it was some sort of bikini, with straps visible around the straps of the sundress. Her generous cleavage was hard to ignore. I almost felt like she was flaunting herself.

I smiled, none of the houses in this neighborhood were what I'd call 'humble'. They were all two or three floor borderline mansions. The Stevens' home was no exception. The smells of grilled salmon and fruit filled the house.

"Sorry to send the gremlins to get you, I realized I didn't get your phone number yesterday. I take it I was right and you haven't had time to get groceries yet?" Debbie gently prodded.

"Yeah, you caught me. I've been so busy unpacking and I haven't really gotten out yet. I'll be sure to fix that tomorrow, so you don't feel obligated to have me over all week. And let me fix that issue with the phone number, if you ever need anything, let me know." I said and she handed me her phone and I added my contact information.

"Will Mr. Stevens be joining us?" I asked curiously.

Debbie forced a smile, "Mr. Stevens and I have been divorced for the better part of five years. He couldn't keep his pants on and apparently his secretary believed marital vows were suggestions. Part of the neighborhood curse." She laughed.

"You mentioned that yesterday." I noted trying desperately to change the subject. "What is this Neighborhood Curse?"

She led me toward the dining room appearing clearly unfazed by the mention of her ex-husband. "Well, prior to you arriving the prices of the homes have meant everyone in recent memory had been married families, usually about ten to fifteen years into their marriage, and the longest a marriage has lasted since someone moved into the neighborhood has been 3 years. The Kimuras were the most recent victims. Married eleven years, moved here and a year and a half later, well, the divorce finalized last month. We have hopes that Jerry and Christina can buck the trend. If a girl with her looks can't hold a man, what hope do the rest of us have?"

The smell and look of the fish, rice and fresh fruit was amazing.

I sat where Debbie indicated, "So has it ALL been unfaithful husbands and men leaving their wives? That seems highly improbable."

"Oh, no. Of course not, there have been women who were caught sleeping around too, but most of the men caught up in that ended up moving out after the divorce... Who needs one of these houses just for yourself, even with joint custody of the kids. Then the next unfortunate souls move in and the cycle starts all over again. Since all the ones that stick around are the women, we've ended up a bunch of 'bitter divorced women', and a couple of poor widows. Both of their stories are very tragic." Debbie assured me, emphasizing the 'bitter divorced women' like it was some sort of inside joke. "Boys! Kennedy! Come for dinner!"

The boys all came shoving and pushing each other down the stairs from where their rooms must have been on the second floor, I got nervous when I saw them shirtless and in their swim trunks and my fears were confirmed as Kennedy came bouncing down the stairs in a bikini, purple and perhaps a touch more revealing then the one I'd noticed her relaxing in the other day. I was pretty sure she caught me watching as her breasts bounced in her bikini, as boobs are want to do when a young woman bounds down the stairs. She just smirked and kept a spring in her step as she took her seat at the table.

Grace was said, and the salmon was distributed.

"Mom's salmon is the best!"

I tried to make my eyes behave as I enjoyed the salmon, it was cooked to perfection and seasoned just enough to accentuate the natural flavor of the fish without making or overpowering it. The rice was fried with a unique blend of sauces and seasonings with ham, various vegetables, and a few bits that I struggled to identify, but they accentuated the dish well.

The fruit seemed well selected and there were even some that had been blended into smoothies, and while there were a couple of pictures to be shared by the children, Debbie brought mine and hers out directly from the kitchen. I immediately realized why. The district flavor and sensation of alcohol accentuated my smoothie. Rum if I wasn't mistaken. It wasn't strong, but just enough to be present.

Unsurprisingly, most of dinner was spent passing questions back and forth. They thought it was really interesting that I was a work-from-home software engineer. Debbie was a realtor and if her claims were to be believed a good one. Kennedy was into gymnastics. Tanner liked motocross. Gambison was into karate. And Joey was really enjoying baseball.

After dinner I used the restroom to change into my swim trunks. I found it rather awkward to be changing in the Stevens home. I'd been unable to keep my boner down through dinner and I couldn't tell who reminded me more of a cat stalking her prey, Debbie or Kennedy. It was like I was the first fresh dish at a buffet and they were first in line. And there was something strange, like a memory of a scent, but not enough to really smell, let alone put my finger on. Nervous as I was though, I'd been invited to swim and I had no reason to refuse at this point, though if I'd known what the atmosphere would be, I might have foregone coming. I set my cock so if another of the annoying erections hit me, my cock wouldn't pitch a tent. Looking in the mirror, it was as good as I was going to get.