All Comments on 'A Walk on the Wild Side'

by Ann Douglas

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
luedonluedonover 6 years ago
Did Kaf read the same story that I did?

Kaf's comment in the Feedback Portal led me to read this story.

Kaf said "You managed to cram every porn cliché into your story." It's a bit difficult to write a story about this topic without a few cliches. I didn't find them distracting.

But the main reason I read it was Kaf's claim "It's also full of mistakes. Get an editor." I would find that surprising, as the other Ann Douglas stories I have read have all been quite readable with very few grammatical errors. And so was this one.

The only errors I noted were "the show was going pretty good" (it was going well, not good); there was a stray apostrophe in "mother's" and an 'n' missing where "know" should have been "known".

Come on Kaf, get your editorial purple pencil out and let us know where all these mistakes are.

Lue

Ann DouglasAnn Douglasover 6 years agoAuthor
Cliches

The porn flick cliches in the story were intentional - I was having a bit of fun with them. As for the errors, as I've stated many times, these are older stories that I wrote many years back- working my way forward as I post my archive. I prefer to leave them as is rather than constantly update them. If nothing else, it shows how a writer can improve over time.

luedonluedonover 6 years ago
Kaf's comment has disappeared?

Ann, if you deleted it, I think that's an error. Let Kaf and others make their comments. If their comments are stupid or wrong, let readers make their own judgements.

Lue

carlsbad2carlsbad2over 6 years ago
The story sells it sell!

I’m not concerned about a few errors. I’m reading the stories for the pleasures they give me and this is a very enjoyable story. I look forward to reading more of them.

SWT3SWT3over 6 years ago
Fun Story

It may be that I read this previously. However, it remains fresh and fun.

yarnspinnerryarnspinnerrover 5 years ago
Fun stuff

The few errors didn't take away from the story at all. We all have goofs. But this moved along quickly and was a fun read.

B0bbyshaft0B0bbyshaft0over 2 years ago

Another sustained piece of storytelling. Stormy is a really believable modern heroine, and her adventure with Craig and Crystal left me exhausted in every sense. If it is your intention to excite, erect and ejaculate, you are doing a great job.

fordcurryfordcurryabout 1 year ago

Good story, love the action, and the interview.

More?

Marklynda2Marklynda210 months ago

I enjoy a story that has a morale or two (such as 'never back down from a challenge' and 'when opportunity knocks, throw open the door and embrace it') in the midst of some exemplary sex scenes. A very well thought out and written story. I definitely look forward to reading more of your work. I appreciate your and your Muse's imagination and abilities to bring it to your story. Thank you for sharing your vision and talents.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAnn Douglas@Ann Douglas
I'm an average wife and mother, well, maybe not so average, who likes to write Erotica. I'm not a professional writer. In fact, until I tried writing my first story in the early 90s, I hadn't written anything longer than a letter since high school 20 years before. I like ...