A Wave Too High

Story Info
Marissa escapes a disaster something follows her and friend.
922 words
4.13
3.7k
3
0

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 12/04/2019
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
targlet2
targlet2
24 Followers

The news said the glaciers were melting and that a giant ice shelf was about to plunge into the oceans. Marissa fretted about it and read everything she could about the climate change. Her friends and family blew her off and told her she was worried about nothing. That the climate would be fine and any really serious changes would not happen in Cayden Cove, North Carolina surely. Yet Marissa's gut feeling was that something terrible was about to happen. It wasn't that people were worried not like Marissa but they went about their day to day working and going to school. Marissa took the last suitcase out to the car and stuck it in the trunk.

"Laura come on come with me." Marissa begged.

Laura had calculus B in two hours and hated that class more than anything. So it was no big surprise that Marissa convinced her to go with her.

Laura said "alright if it were anything but Calculus I'd stay but yeah I hate that class."

Laura hopped into the front seat and Marissa got into the driver's seat and began to drive west. The road wasn't crowded, and the radio blared the glacier hitting the water from thirty miles from where the glacier was supposed to hit the water. In a navy exploration boat and suddenly the station went to static. Marissa put her foot to the gas and drove like the Devils of hell were pursuing her.

Laura had fallen asleep and Marissa's fears gripped her insides. The ground trembled and shook and still Marissa drove faster. The ground moved in waves of earth and looking back in the rear view mirror the earth was being shaken like a blanket up and down. The radio had the emergency signal on it but nobody came on the radio to give any instructions.

Stopping for gas Marissa filled up but didn't go in the store to chit chat or use the toilet. She drove until she hit the Appalachian mountains in Tennessee and then stopped to get a room for the night. Turning on the news Marissa found herself seeing a sight of utter devastation. Massive tidal waves had hit the entire Eastern seaboard. Most of those states were now under water and the amount of people dead was not calculable. Marissa trembled in fear and woke up Laura.

Both girls tried to call their parents only to find the phones went straight to voice mail.

"We need to go further to the cabin that my parents own" said Laura. The girls tried to get google maps on their phones only to find the website wouldn't load. So Marissa bought a map of the area. The cabin was 7 hours away in the smoky mountains. Laura and Marissa shakily got into the car and drove away from the hotel.

The roads wound up the mountains into cities but nobody was outside and the more scared the girls became the faster they drove. When they reached the cabin it was deserted but Laura felt like there was something watching them.

The cabin had two bedrooms and one bathroom but the shower was outside. The television in the cabin showed the destruction in the eastern seaboard. Giant waves had hit the coast and the news went on and on about it for days. The people who survived swore before the waves hit they saw people on black horses riding in the air with a bag of souls. It was eerie and frightening. Laura took the car and went in to town for supplies.

That night Marissa took a long shower and put bubbly soap all over her young nubile body. As she closed her eyes and washed her hair she felt someone cupping her breasts. Turning she saw her boyfriend Jonathan standing close behind her. His golden good looks and crisp brown eyes warmed her as he drank her into his eyes. That night they made love in Marissa's room. His hands drifted to her clitoris and she stretched underneath him. The pale moon full and casting soft moonlight into the room through the large windows. Marissa rubbed herself all over his thickness. He had never felt so good and yet he made not a single sound. All night they made tender passionate love on the soft cashmere blanket and silky sheets. Marissa wondered why he made not a single sound when he obviously enjoyed what she did to him. As the night waned Marissa kissed him and thanked God that he had survived the tidal waves and she told him how much she loved him.

Then the dawn came the sky looked like someone took a knife and ripped open an artery for the entire sky was blood red with the dawning of the sun. Marissa opened her eyes and found herself alone in bed. A few minutes later she heard the raucous sound of a car horn. Laura was back and looked scared but had supplies. She had had to drive an hour to find any stores open. Marissa told Laura Jonathan was there but as hard as they both looked they couldn't find him.

Months later Marissa realized that she had forgotten her birth control although with no boyfriend present that did not seem pressing. Yet somehow as impossible as it seemed she was pregnant.

The news stories told strange stories of the dead appearing to the living within 48 hours of dying and the living unaware until the next day and the rising of the sun.

targlet2
targlet2
24 Followers