All Comments on 'A Wedding in Wottfordshire'

by SouthernCrossfire

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
ScottishTexanScottishTexan8 months ago

Excellent quality as always. 5/5

BlueFox007BlueFox0078 months ago

Now that’s a story. So well done. Thank you.

Easy 5 Stars.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc8 months ago

Always great to see your name under a story. While I truly enjoyed this tale, I found her pining for the mystery man that taped her a bit uncomfortable. I get what you were shooting for, it just didn’t quite connect for me. 4.6*

SmuttyandfunSmuttyandfun8 months ago

Well done! You've got such a gift for transporting us back in time, S.C.. And I was so glad that Catherine finally found her man after all her trials and tribulations. Such a lovely romance with such a sweet ending.

Good Luck in the Contest!

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy8 months ago

Love the era it is set in! I wish it had been divided into multiple parts.

5

Davester37Davester378 months ago

5* of course! I’m a sucker for good historical fiction, and this one’s wonderful. A nicely-described, vivid setting, well-researched, and delightful, believable characters make this story great. The creative plot with a clever twist brings it home. The writing and editing seem flawless to me. For what little it’s worth, I prefer the story in one part.

For all this bounty, thank you for writing and thank you for sharing your work.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

A very grudging 5.

The characters were well defined and presented exquisitely well. These were not shallow vignettes, but very complete including their life goals.

The setting was obviously researched and seemed true in all aspects including the appearance of the constellation

Leo in the English sky. In a sense so much seemed so real it was hard not to consider this an historical novel based on real people and real places.

The plot was clever with twists ad turns but each was necessary to a coming of age (maturity) of the heroine, disadvantaged by a too early death of her mother. Her young life showed the results of what life required as she emerged as a person of great strength in and maturity in some area, but woefully immature in others.

As a person who has edited a bit, both a few novels for publication as well as a few well scoring stories at this site, I found the editing to be at the 99.9 percentile.

So why would I give a 'grudging' 5 to a story I would have vote into the top 20% of the Hall of Fame? I hate reading stories of more than 6 pages!

So well done SouthernCrossfire!!!

des911des9118 months ago

Very enjoyable coming of age story - Cat is certainly a lively character and thankfully learns a lot without any great damage. Characters are very good; historical setting rings true and it's a very engaging tale. Thank you.

One small comment - as this is set in England, the season would have been called autumn, not fall.

kinkybunny123kinkybunny1238 months ago

well written story. good characters!

Hugo999Hugo9994 months ago

Thoroughly enjoyed this story well told

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSouthernCrossfire@SouthernCrossfire
4/4/24 Update: "Crossed Paths," a story of old friends reuniting, was recently published for the Wicked Games challenge, in which everything isn't as it seems. Hope you'll read and enjoy! If you're looking for something older, you might try "The Valentine's Dance," a late 1...

SIMILAR Stories