A Whore for the King Pt. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
JQueen9
JQueen9
670 Followers

"The idea of uniting two powerful nations seemed wise at the time. Alas, it is said that Alana is such a spoiled, entitled princess that she isn't someone who'll make a good queen. The Queen Mother does not look forward to her son's marriage to such a woman.

"And there's another thing. During the war with Ahuna, King Alfred did something that outraged the Queen Mother. She remains angry and bitter today."

"You must tell me what he did," Sarah said.

"Of course I must," Sir Robert answered. "As the battle loomed, King Alfred and King Swelt both lingered behind their armies, watching as lines were drawn. Kings don't often participate in combat themselves. They have soldiers for that. Kings are too valuable to risk their lives this way. King Swelt understood this, but just before the battle began, King Alfred felt the irresistible urge to meet the enemy himself. He galloped to our army's front lines, gave a stirring speech to his soldiers, then charged at the front lines of the army from Ahuna.

"I was there and saw everything. I've never been so frightened in my life. If King Alfred had died, it would scarcely matter who won the battle. It would have plunged this kingdom into a crisis, as competing aristocrats fought to decide who would take the throne. Many would have died. In truth, it was a stupid thing to do, but if you'd known King Alfred you would understand why he did it.

"I watched in horror as Alfred rode forward, slashing at the enemy with his sword. You should know that Alfred was a very tall man. Much like his son, Harold. He rode a very big black horse. When he began to fight, the enemy soldiers looked like boys in comparison. Of course, some of them actually were boys. So there's that. Our soldiers were so moved by Alfred's bravery that they rushed forward to support and defend him. Fighting alongside the king, they decimated the hapless soldiers from Ahuna.

"There's an important part of this story that you can't understand unless you know that soldiers from our kingdom fight with long steel swords. Ahuna does not possess the skill to forge steel, so their soldiers have short bronze swords. The very first casualty in this battle was a soldier from Ahuna who happened to be standing at the exact spot King Alfred attacked. Our king pulled out his long, shiny sword and immediately decapitated that soldier. His head went flying through the air. It inspired our army, and terrorized theirs.

"Although it was a stupid thing to do, Alfred's actions endeared him to all the soldiers on our side - and to King Swelt, who was moved to see another monarch willing to risk his life to defend a kingdom that was not his own. Our soldiers nicknamed Alfred 'King Longsword.' That's the kind of thing soldiers do. They also like to drink, and many toasts were made to 'King Longsword' around that night's campfires."

"What has any of this to do with the Queen Mother? Surely, she was not around when any of this happened."

"Correct, Sarah. But when King Alfred and his army returned home, so many people referred to Alfred as 'King Longsword' that she demanded an explanation. When she learned what her husband had done, she became so angry that Alfred wasn't welcome in her bed for weeks. Eunice was queen then, she had many public duties, and everytime she heard someone refer to Alfred as 'King Longsword' she would erupt in angry profanity like nothing you've ever heard. Many times she yelled and screamed at Alfred. These exchanges happened in private, but Eunice was so loud you could hear her all through the palace. King Alfred spent months apologizing for his behavior, and he promised to never do such a stupid thing again."

"Part of your story concerns me," Sarah said. "You said that Princess Alana is not someone cut out to be a queen. And yet, she will become queen here when she marries Harold, no?"

"It would seem so. There have been many troubled conversations on this topic. It shouldn't be a hopeless problem because Princess Alana's only important duty will be to spread her legs and give birth to an heir who can rule over both kingdoms. It's not something that requires brains or refinement. But our sources in the palace at Catacan report that the princess is... difficult. She spends her days stuffing rich food into her mouth, and tormenting servants, and using intemperate language. Her parents, King Swelt and Queen Aurora, are frequent targets of her abuse.

"Some wonder if Alana is mad, although the consensus is that she is just a brat. It is sad to think that King Harold must marry such a woman, but his duties as monarch require it. It's troubling to imagine that he may find it difficult to consummate his marriage."

"Is she ugly?" Sarah asked.

"Not really. She is a bit too plump. As long as her mouth is closed, she is passable. But when she speaks, profoundly ugly words come flying out. I don't care how beautiful she is - I would not want to welcome such a woman to my bed. I worry for King Harold."

"Sir Robert, what will become of me when Alana becomes queen? Surely she will object to sharing her husband with a whore."

"Dear, please do not use that word again. The Queen Mother has made it clear that you are to be referred to as 'the King's companion' instead of that other term. Still, I understand your concern. Since Alana seems to love conflict, it is possible that she'll find reasons to object to you. But don't be concerned. Her parents have been told about you, and all agree that your status will not change after the marriage. Remember: Harold has a strong will. He has a right to have a woman like you while being married to a woman like Alana. Besides, he loves you. Losing you would be worse than losing a limb.

"And it's no exaggeration to say you are more popular in this palace than anyone except King Harold himself. Queen Mother Eunice loves you. Aristocrats of all types love you. Your servants love you. I love you. Your support here is deep and wide.

"Still, I understand your concern. I'd like to make a promise that may give you some serenity. If something happens that requires you to leave the palace, I will welcome you at my estate. We will find some agreeable position for you there. We will continue paying the allowance to your family.

"But that's not going to happen. I know King Harold's heart. There's nothing Princess Alana could do or say to make him cease his nightly visits to your chamber."

"You are very kind, Sir Robert," Alana said. "But I can't help worrying about what will happen when she becomes Queen Alana."

"You have lots of company," Sir Robert said. "We all share that worry."

----------------------------------------------

In Part 5, Sarah is taught the French ways of love.

JQueen9
JQueen9
670 Followers
12