All Comments on 'A Writer's Dilemma and the Muse'

by ronde

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
des911des9112 months ago

Lovely. A nice way of getting the two of them together while helping each other out. He's a bit slow, isn't he? At least, not aggressive in pursuit, but it worked out very nicely in the end. Very well written, as always. Thank you

Ravey19Ravey192 months ago

Excellent. Loved the way Marion got her way, as a writer specialising in detective work I'm surprised Todd let himself be seen by Marion but there again it seems men are ruled by their little head sometimes 😂😂😂

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Another good one. This time it's almost as though you know what being a writer is all about! Oh, wait a minute ...

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy2 months ago

Great story! Your hero found the perfect type of muse!

5

Rwg7Rwg72 months ago

Really enjoyed this one. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Excellent

I will admit, I see your name, I will read your new work that has posted.

Nice that Marion was able to pull him out of his shell. While not stated overtly, she seemed to realize that he was a bit of an introvert, as well as probably a good guy. She still wanted to get to know him, and she worked to do so.

I am on Marion and our MC's side. Most mature women have very few problems being attractive if they try at all.

It did feel like our hero was just a tad more ... reserved ... than could be believed, but this story really works for me.

The only real problem was Marion as a decent grill artist. She had not been able to have a grill "in the city," implying that it had been a long time, so this came off a tiny bit "I want this to be one more way for this chick to be awesome that MC lacks," rather than in line with what we know about her.

Still, that is a very small quibble, and MC is a lucky man. Hopefully each of them feels lucky, as a couple.

I hope these two have a good life together, in your head space, and if you write any more about them (excepting the drama that compels such a story along).

Five for you

Foggybottom81Foggybottom812 months ago

How about a Part 2 where his detective and girlfriend solve another crime?

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Another great 0ne. 5⭐

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShit2 months ago

Good story. It’s interesting how you described his creative process, and how the right woman shifted his subject matter as he grew to know her.

WantingToWriteGoodWantingToWriteGood2 months ago

Excellent writing. Loved the story.

lc69hunterlc69hunter2 months ago

cute love story and romance

rbloch66rbloch66about 1 month ago

I couldn’t get in to this story too far. Too much rambling about being an uninspired writer. You forgot to give your characters emotional depth. I lost interest after the second page.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userronde@ronde
Women tend to be the central characters in my stories, because I find their complex personalities to be fascinating. My stories come from my life experiences or the thoughts inspired by people I have met. I am an avid fan of history and especially the history of the America...

story TAGS