Aaron's Summer of '77 Ch. 15

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"No later than the beginning of March, Aaron."

"OK, Dad. Oh... and by the way, Adam and I are coming down to celebrate your birthday in a couple of weeks. Can we take you and Mom out to celebrate your birthday?"

"Oh... I think King Yee at the Peacock Inn can save us a table for four. You did say you were paying... I did hear that correctly, did I, Aaron?"

"Yes, Dad..."

"Hi Mom."

"Adam! I was just going to give you a call. How did your interview go today?"

"I think it went pretty good, Mom."

"Adam... I don't correct your grammar very often. But it's well and not good..."

"Ummm... yeah, Mom... sorry. There were two women who interviewed me and one of them used to work for Mr. and Mrs. Fullerton in Brockville before she got married and moved to Ottawa. I didn't get her last name before she got married though. She seemed really nice and the other one... well, she was OK too. They really didn't grill me too badly with questions. There was one I had to really think about though. They seemed pretty satisfied with the resume you helped me with and that letter from Mrs. Fullerton. I should hear back from them in a couple of weeks or so. They asked me if I'd be able to start right after the end of March, so I think that's a good thing. So... how're things with you and Bast down there?"

"We're heading down to Quebec City next week for 'Winter Carnivale'. Bast hasn't been down to see his family in a couple of years and he wants me to meet them and experience the city with him. I'm actually excited he suggested we do this. It's going to be fun!"

"That's great, Mom."

"So, I take it you and Aaron haven't killed each other yet in that little apartment. So really now... how are things, Adam? Is everything going well with the two of you there?"

"Yeah, it's all good, Mom. It was kinda' touchy for the first week or so 'til I was able to get all my clothes and stuff put away and get used to sharing a place with someone else. But we managed and I think it's all gonna' work out just fine."

"I think it will too, Adam. I'm very proud of you, you know. It took a lot of courage to do what you've done. Remember that I'm always here for you if you need anything or even just to talk. I miss you not coming over to the house now. But, I love you and want what's best for you."

"I know that, Mom. And I love you too."

"Ronnie! Heya man. Glad you called. What's up?"

"Hey Adam. I forgot to mention to ya' last time we were at the LE about Valentine's Day comin' up next week. I was thinkin' maybe we could take our two boys out for dinner together down on The Market. They've got a place there called Daphne and Victor's that Jason here has been bugging me to take him to and we were thinkin' it would be a perfect time to meet everyone. We could pick you two up and drive down there for dinner that night. Whatdaya' think?"

"Shit, Ronnie! Jeez' man! I forgot all about Valentine's Day! Sure as hell glad you called. I've been so busy getting settled myself and tryin' to keep things calm around here with Aaron and his school schedule and all. You know, that sounds like a great idea. I'd like to get a look at this Jason guy you're seeing and I know Aaron likes you and wants to get to know ya' better too."

"OK, Adam. Great. I'll call them today and make reservations. I'll swing around and pick you guys up with Jason and we can head out from your place then. I know it's on Argyle. What number on Argyle and can I park in front there?"

"Yup... you sure can. Parking is not a problem here and it's unit #2 on the first floor at 37 Argyle. If you see Aaron beforehand though, Ronnie, don't say anything to him. It'll be a surprise for him that way, OK?"

"You're sure about the surprise part there, Adam?"

"Yeah, Ronnie. He's been too focused on some of his assignments at College this past week. I think I might wanna' shake things up a bit for him. It's all good."

"Ummm... OK. If you say so, Adam. We'll pick you guys up at 7:00pm and I make reservations for 7:30 then."

"Actually Ronnie, I have to be downtown and close to the LE that afternoon to get my driver's license changed with the new address up here now. I'll meet you guys in front of the LE and we can head over to pick up Aaron after that. OK with you?"

"Sure thing, Adam. We'll pick you up at the main entrance just off Elgin there."

I'm sitting with Eleanor in Alan's class and she leans over and starts to whisper to me, "Now that we've got that axonometric drafting assignment done finally for Gordon and before we have to start coming up with ideas and a concept for that retail store design assignment from Camilla for our mid-term grade, we'd better start with this chicken and egg thing we have to do for Alan's class, Aaron. I know you've been preoccupied with Adam moving up, so I went ahead and did some research and think I might have an idea here."

"God! Thanks Eleanor. I was thinking of something maybe using elastic panty hose and cotton batting inside a really big box that could be dropped out the window. But, I just don't know. Seems to me there must be better ways to think about this. What have you got?"

"Well, Aaron. Alan told us there were absolutely no limitations to what we could do here. Only that we have to make sure the egg doesn't break or we fail the assignment. And since neither you nor I are going to jump out of a second floor window holding the egg and wearing a parachute, I think I might have something that could work."

"Go on Eleanor. I'm listening..."

"The yolk and the shell are the most fragile parts of an egg. Are you with me on that one, Aaron?"

"Ummm... yeah. Go on..."

"Well... what if we were to inject something into the yolk of the egg to make it's consistency more like jelly and then coat the outside of the shell with something like an industrial enamel paint to make it super rigid and hard? Everyone is concentrating on doing something to protect the egg without thinking about somehow actually physically changing the egg itself."

"Hmmm... you're right. Alan said there were no restrictions or limitations here. But, do you really think he would let us do this to the egg, Eleanor? We could still do up some kind of enclosure to hold the egg and either use a little parachute or wings and a tail rudder so it could glide and sail like a paper airplane down to the ground..."

"He said himself to come up with something out of the box and to be as creative as possible, Aaron. If we market the idea and present it well, he really can't say we didn't comply with the requirements of the assignment. I say we do this! What do you say?"

"Well... it sure beats me having to go into a lingerie store to buy panty hose, I'll say that much for it."

Just then, Alan stops his lecture on building construction materials and stares back at the two of us. "Just what are you two giggling about back there?"

"Oh nothing, Alan... nothing at all!"

After Alan's class, it's my crit' time with Camilla for Interior Design 2 and I'm next on the list to discuss my store design project with her.

" 'Vel' Aaron... 'vhat' have you decided to do for a design for a retail store in Fifth Avenue Court? 'Vhat' are you going to amuse and amaze me 'vith' today?"

"Well, Camilla... I had this idea about maybe an exclusive small boutique that sells high-end, designer bathroom accessories and towels. I've already started to develop a programming study for it and I have a name for it too."

" 'Vel'... 'vhat' is this name you 'vant' to use?"

"I was thinking about when people take long bubble baths and use loofas, and expensive Egyptian or Turkish cotton bath towels and designer soaps and such and thought maybe the idea of bubbles... actually, I want to name the place Bubbles Bath Boutique."

Camilla stares at me for several seconds and then starts to break into hysterical laughter.

"Bubbles is a name for a stripper 'vith' balloons in Burlesque... hmmm... 'izzn't it' Aaron! Or a clown 'vith' a big bowtie, silly glasses and a 'vig' in a circus!"

The second she mentions the clown bit, I look up at her synthetic blonde wig and then down at her trademark red velvet 'Camilla' lips' bow tie and just remain silent. Tense moments follow until I pull out the signage logo I've already developed for the store and hand it over to her.

"Here, Camilla... I know it can be hard to get past stereotypes and preconceived ideas and notions. But take a look at this. I've come up with a unique slim typeface for all the letters in the word 'bubbles' based on a round circle bubble shape. Maybe instead of adding the words bath boutique, I should just call it 'bubbles'... "

" 'Vel' maybe... better... yes... hmmm... 'izzn't it'. This is taking a big risk 'vith' who you 'vant' to come to shop in the store. It could 'vork' though. It has suggestive and intriguing double entendres that 'vould' amuse sophisticated customers. Either that or they 'vould' be shocked, intimidated, scandalized and afraid to come in to shop. 'Vords' have meaning, Aaron. Remember that. I 'vant' to see how you develop this and how you 'vil' present it, Aaron."

"Happy Valentine's Day, cookie."

Aaron yawns and stretches out beside me in bed and then rolls over onto his side to put me into a playful head lock, while thrusting his probing, teasing tongue deep into my mouth. "I gotta' surprise for ya' later and not the big, hairy one that's pokin' atcha' right now under the sheets."

"Mmmm... Happy Valentine's Day, sasq. I have a surprise for you later too!"

"Ummm... I'll be out when you get home from classes this afternoon, baby. I have to renew my health insurance card and driver's license downtown with the new address here. I'll be back here around 7:00pm or so though. And then we can do something romantic for a late Valentine's Day dinner after that. Are ya' OK with that, honey?"

"That works out perfectly for me, Adam. I'll be finishing up that egg assignment with Eleanor today and we have to present it this afternoon. I'm curious to see who passes and who fails this one. Everyone's been kinda' secretive about what they're doing, so there's some suspense and drama and mystery happening at school for once. Even Greg is being quiet and not trying to check out everyone else's work, which is really shocking for him!"

"OK, baby."

It's the end of the day and the final make or break test for Alan's assigned project. The entire class is in the fire escape stairs on the second floor where the only window that opens wide enough to enable us to throw our egg projects out the window is located. Alan is there with a clipboard and checking each assignment off as each pair of students throws their project out the window.

"OK, Eleanor and Aaron... you're next."

"Here goes," says Eleanor, as she tosses the glider with the altered egg out the window...

It was beautiful the way the air picked it up and how it started to glide gently down to the ground. That is, until one of the wings broke off in mid-flight and it started to spiral and eventually crash onto the paved parking lot where the rest of it broke into several pieces.

Alan shouts down to the spotter below, "Did the egg break or not?"

"The egg survived!"

Just then, Greg comes bounding up the stairs with a live chicken wearing a collar and on a leash. "Here you go, Alan. Nature's perfect protection for an egg. Meet Daisy. We got her from a farmer down on the Market."

The poor hen is traumatized at the sight of all of us staring and laughing at her and promptly craps all over the stair landing. Alan is killing himself laughing and then Greg says, "So... do I throw her out the window to see if the egg inside survives the fall?"

Everyone is laughing at this point until Eleanor shouts out, "No! Chickens can't fly! You'll kill her if you throw her out the window!"

Alan is bent over laughing at this point and he says, "OK, Greg and Inga... I'll give you credit for imagination. Let's consider this one a pass. Now... what are you going to do with the chicken?"

"Inga says, "It's OK, Alan. I have to drive by a chicken farm on my way home to Manotick. I'll just dump her into the pen where he keeps all his other hens. It'll be days before he figures out he has one more than he thought he did. That poor farmer will never figure out how he suddenly wound up with an extra full-grown chicken. It'll likely be a question he carries to his grave!"

As an anecdote here, the next day Inga came back and told everyone that the hen she left with the farmer was the only black chicken there. Apparently, all the farmer's other hens were white. When I told Adam this the next day, I thought he was never going to stop laughing...

Adam is waiting in front of the LE as Ronnie and Jason pull in to pick him up. "Thanks for picking me up, Ronnie. It's just down a few blocks on Elgin Street and then ya' turn left onto Argyle." Then Adam leans forward to shake Jason's hand from the back seat. "Nice to finally meet ya' Jason. Aaron's gonna' be surprised we're all going out to dinner. I didn't say anything to him 'cause I wanted it to be a surprise."

"C'mon in for a minute to meet Aaron and see the little place we've got here, guys."

OK, Adam. I'll just park in front and you can lead the way in," says Ronnie.

Heya cookie! I'm home, baby. Happy Valentine's Day, honey! And look at the surprise I brought ya'!"

"Adam! Sasq! Happy Valen... ohhh... fuck!"

"I suddenly find myself standing in front of Adam, Ronnie and an open-mouthed, gaping Jason completely stark naked, except for an obscenely short white apron with big red hearts all over it! To top that off, I'm holding the 'kiss the cookie' sign that Adam brought up with him from his apartment back in Brockville.

Jason doesn't miss a beat and with a deadpan expression he says, "Gee... I wonder what Christmas and Easter must be like around here..."

12