Accidental Revelations Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Building some businesses and a home for my family," Cody answered honestly, without hesitation.

"Congratulations on the girl," Doris said at the same time as she put one finger on Cody's lips. "Let me finish please. These old faded eyes of mine see more than you would expect. I'll be honest, you're the first person who I haven't been able to see clearly and so I want to ask you a question or two, you'll answer them right?" Doris asked in a gentle tone that offered no other choice.

Cody nodded his head, Doris nodded as well then said, "Let me explain one thing first, the only things I see are what you've gone through and who you've met. I'm going to ask you if you would be open to accepting a woman from my pack," Doris asked Cody seriously.

"Honestly I wouldn't if it was up to me; I know Sarah would be happy to have others join us and plans to introduce me to other women," Cody answered.

Doris rocked for a bit. "I would like to talk to her today. The reason I ask is because when it comes to the pup I have in mind I've never seen her happy with others but when I came here I saw it clearer then I have ever seen something before. I could see such a radiant smile on her face when she's here," Doris said looking at the run down building with a deeply satisfied smile on her face.

"She might show up today, as for her smiling, how do you know it's because of me?" Cody asked Doris who was gently rocking.

Doris was quiet for a few moments looking at Cody smiling happily, Doris sighed before answering, "I know it's because of you since her first child isn't a pup,"

Cody's eyes widened as he heard this and as he went to speak Doris held up her hand silencing him. "I know what you are because of her and I know something is going to happen that changes her and maybe changes this world. But seeing that hurts and my glimpses have never hurt me before. I can only assume that you are involved with powers beyond my understanding so I won't pry or push for anything but her happiness," Doris said with a calm firmness.

"I don't plan to do anything but protect those I care about," Cody said after listening to Doris.

Doris leaned forward and put her hand on his knee. "I know that and that's all I ask, but when someone of your caliber wants to protect something or someone you put everything on the line to make sure they're safe. That's a great trait to have but also a bad one because you won't hesitate to use everything you can, right?" Doris asked Cody quietly.

Cody looked down in contemplation, after a few quiet minutes Cody looked up with apprehension across his face, "I will always do everything I can, even if that means exposing myself. I truly hope that never comes to pass though," Cody said as Doris signaled for Jack.

"This conversation is over; I know what I need to know and I'm happy with the answers you've given me. Now get this job done so I can go back to my shows," Doris said laughing as Cody stood up as Jack stepped close.

"We will do our best grandma," Jack said as he put a hand on Cody's shoulder. "Let's go meet the crew and the kids," Jack told Cody who breathed in deeply and nodded.

"So what now?" Cody asked as a bunch of people grouped up in front of them.

"These are the kids that will be cleaning this place up, the tallest in the back are the oldest and will take care of the bins while also leading the kids. That group with the tools are going to scrap the belt system," Jack explained as Aaron's car and one van pulled in.

Belinda walked up to the car and hugged Aaron as he got out, "Hey hun, You finally got here," Belinda laughed as Aarons crew got out as well and walked over to Cody and jack.

"Ya I had to do some finalizations and such before coming here," Aaron said as he looked up. "They know what needs to be done, Can they get to work?" Aaron asked.

"I think we were just about to start cleaning, so perfect timing," Cody said as one of the tall kids walked over to his truck and pulled out the bins.

Various large brooms and shovels were handed out to the kids, some looked happy about the work, others looked annoyed and some didn't seem to care. As they all walked into the large open door, Cody followed them and waited for all the kids to get in. Once they were in Cody said loudly, "Just sweep this place and put the dust and garbage outside the doors. As for furniture you find in the area between buildings just leave it alone and sweep around them. We will deal with that. People with the bins make sure you have gloves on and if you get hurt dealing with stuff get an adult right away. Everyone understand?" Cody asked loudly as Jack walked around and stood beside him giving the group a look that said 'be good'. Cody heard various grunts and verbal affirmations.

Aaron had already led his group into the office area, Cody walked in while Jack and a few other adults watched the kids, the scrap crew started to strip the old belt system. "How's it looking in here?" Cody asked Aaron.

"Good, most of the guys got their thick gloves on and were just going to make a garbage pile out in the back until a dumpster gets here. I'll also have Doug look over the office furniture to see what can be saved and what can't be," Aaron said as his men started pulling out old mattresses.

"Thank you, I want to refurbish a lot of this stuff if possible. I also got some spray cans for when they're done cleaning," Cody said waving at the army of cleaners. "Tomorrow my two associates will get here to go over basic layouts and spray paint simple floor plans for what goes where," Cody explained to Aaron. "Also I'd like to make a shared document system that you, me, Chuck and Kelsie can use to plan and budget stuff, think they'll be up for it?" Cody asked.

Aaron looked at Cody and nodded. "Ya they will be, I get the feeling you're going to be here a lot and wanting to be involved with everything. I just hope you don't pull any stupid shit," Aaron said, sounding annoyed.

Cody laughed and said, "I plan to work as an equal to you guys and not be a manager that nitpicks everything," Cody assured Aaron.

"I hope so, Kelsie might deck you if you do," Aaron said laughing as one of his guys moved a desk and needles fell out around his feet. "Let's finish this later," Aaron said as he and one guy rushed over to check the man.

Cody walked out leaving them to their job and whistled in appreciation when he saw that the kids had already gotten one fourth of the floor done, while the conveyor system was half done. "Damn Jack, your people work pretty damn fast," Cody said as he walked up to Jack who just finished helping a kid with a large rock.

"I know, we try to teach them to work fast and accurately," Jack said with a proud smile on his face.

"I have one question, do you have a person or two who is light and not afraid of heights?" Cody asked.

Jack thought for a moment before responding, "I got few in mind why?" Jack asked Cody who started to walk out of the building, Jack following him.

"I'm going to go on the walkways inside, both levels and test for weak points and in the storage area to find holes and places that you can fall through," Cody said as he reached in the back of his truck and pulled out three white spray cans. "Then mark them, if you don't wanna risk anyone that's fine but I think just me doing it won't be fast enough to move scrap out of the storage area," Cody explained as he walked back inside and to the metal stairs near the office Cody stopped at the steps.

"I can call two of them right now, they'll be fine with it," Jack said as he walked to the door and called for them. After a few moments Jack walked up followed by a young woman and a young man. "Cody, meet Bart and Pascal, they'll be the ones to help you,"

Cody smiled as he reached out a hand and shook their hands in turn. "Hello Bart, hello Pascal. Nice to meet you, here take this," Cody said as he held out two spray paint cans. "Did Jack tell you what you're going to do?" Cody asked them as they took the cans.

Bart nodded as Pascal said, "Yup, we go up with you and paint circles around holes and or rust parts that can't hold any weight."

"Great, I'll be going to the second walkway while you two take care of the first level. Once you're done you can go up and help finish the second. Once the second one is done we will move to the storage area and work together on each floor," Cody explained as Jack walked away.

Pascal nodded as she went up the steps, Bart walked to the other staircase at the back of the building. "I'll go up those steps and take care of that side first, Bart said.

Cody nodded as he went up the stairs and saw that Pascal had already marked one spot a bit down the walkway, Cody went up the second set of stairs to the higher walkway and proceeded to check for weak points.

After an hour worth of work Cody, Bart and Pascal had finished marking all the weak points on the walkways. Cody and Pascal had to work together for a bit to get the broken handrails down to ground level where they were moved to the scrap pile. The kids had finished cleaning the first building's floor and started cleaning up the small areas connecting both large buildings. Two of the sharp bins had been filled while Aarons group had pulled out all the furniture and made three piles, one for garbage, another for unsaveable furniture and the last for saveable furniture.

Cody watched as a large line of men and teenagers helped move the long conveyor belt systems out of the old factory and to the far wall where three people were busy cutting them apart, Belinda walked up to Cody with a small bowl with finger food and said, "The kids are going to take a break while the storage area is cleared."

Cody took the bowl and smiled. "Thank you. Myself, Pascal and Bart still need to check the three floors. Aarons crew is nearly done on the third floor, how is everyone feeling? Because I'm ecstatic with how fast this is going," Cody said with a giant smile on his face.

"Kids are annoyed with how boring it is, the adults are having fun meeting and talking. I'm just happy that everyones together," Belinda said with a motherly smile adorning her face.

"That's good, also who made this? I want the recipe," Cody said laughing a bit before taking a bite of the well spiced meatball.

"I'll tell the cook that, good luck prying that recipe out of her hands." Belinda laughed as she walked back to the cooking area.

Cody turned around just in time to see Jack lead a small team of men to carry another long piece of machinery, Cody felt eyes on him and turned to see Sarah walking up with a container of food in her hands. "Hello hun, How are you?" Cody asked as Sarah drew close enough to hand him the container.

"Good, I came to see how everything was going, Looks like it's almost done," Sarah said looking into the building.

"Almost, after this one we have to work on the storage area," Cody said as he finished the meatballs and opened the container to see a mix of fruits.

"That shouldn't take too long," Sarah said, smiling at Cody.

"I don't think it will be that long, everyone works pretty fast here," Cody responded as a small child walked up to them.

"Grandma wants to talk to the pretty lady," the child said as she took Sarah's hand and started to guide her to Doris.

"Oh! Okay," Sarah responded as she followed the little kid.

"Sarah be nice and don't get me in trouble please," Cody said to Sarah as he watched her get pulled away, Sarah smiled while holding up crossed fingers.

Cody hurriedly finished his fruits and walked over to Pascal and Bart who were sitting in the shade. They saw Cody walking towards them and put their drinks down to stand up. "Ready to work in the storage area?" Cody asked as he put the now empty container and bowl on the ground beside the wall.

Sarah giggled as she reached Doris. "Thank you, now go tell your mother she needs to check the food," Doris told the little girl as Sarah stood nearby.

Doris looked up at Sarah and smiled. "Hello dear, please sit down," Doris said pointing to the chair beside her.

"I will and hello I'm Sarah and you must be grandma?" Sarah asked as she sat in the chair.

"Hello Sarah and yes I am. I want to congratulate you and Cody on your little girl. I also want to ask you if you're willing to help me?" Doris said to Sarah.

Sarah's eyes widened and looked around trying to spot Cody. "He didn't tell me, I saw her myself, I'll explain if you agree to help me," Doris said to Sarah, causing Sarah to focus on Doris.

"Depends on what you're asking?" Sarah responded as she sat forward.

"I can see things when it comes to others. I have nothing on Cody but I do see those around him," Doris explained before continuing, "I'd like it if one of my girls here can join your little family. She gets the brightest smile I've seen when she's around here. My request is that you ask Cody if she can join your family, I would love to see her smile like that," Doris explained to Sarah.

"So that's what he meant," Sarah mumbled after Doris finished, "Cody asked me not to get him in trouble." Sarah laughed as she looked around before asking. "May I ask which girl it is?"

"It's my granddaughter. She's currently working with Cody right now," Doris said as she put her hand on Sarah's leg. "Please help her find her happiness?" Doris asked Sarah wholeheartedly.

Sarah smiled lovingly. "I can't promise I'll make it happen but I can promise I'll try," Sarah said as she went to stand.

Doris pushed on Sarah's leg gently to keep her seated, "Not right now, let their first meeting go as it should. In the meantime I wish to tell you something if you will listen," Doris said leaning back.

Sarah nodded and stayed seated. "Sure I don't mind listening to others," Sarah said waiting.

Doris frowned slightly before saying. "I hope you don't get upset by this, but Cody will see past your mask and learn about your true self. At the same time this mask will become your true self later on. When that is I don't know, I can't see it probably because Cody is close by at that moment," Doris said, causing Sarah's facial expression to flattened.

"What do you mean?" Sarah asked in a serious tone.

"I see others as their true selves, I see what you don't have and I'm telling you that will change later. But not before Cody sees it," Doris explained to Sarah.

Sarah spoke in a flat tone that held no emotion. "Tell me more about when this change happens, please."

Doris shook her head lightly. "I can't see that moment, I only saw a moment afterwards where who you are now and who you want to be will switch places. This person you are now will become the mask when you need it," Doris answered Sarah.

"Thank you, for telling me this," Sarah said as she stood up, "I'm going to see Cody before going home, I have a lot to think about right now."

As Sarah walked away she heard Doris say behind her, "Don't worry my dear, Cody will love your father and treat him well." Sarah turned instantly and looked at Doris who was rocking gently with a gentle smile on her face with a barely contained anger that put others who saw her on edge. Before Sarah could say anything Doris spoke again. "Now go see him and tell him goodbye," Doris finished as she closed her eyes and rested her head back while still rocking.

Sarah turned and took a few calming breaths before the calm pleasant smile spread across her cheeks before entering the building, a young woman walked over from the cooking area and asked. "Grandma? What's wrong with her?"

Doris turned and said, "Nothing dear. She just has a unique past that has shaped her into a force to be reckoned with. I just hope she can turn it to her favor." Dorris mumbled the last bit to herself.

Sarah walked into the building and saw people moving stuff around getting it ready to be pulled out. She walked up the stairs avoiding the marked areas, she saw Bart in the back corner testing the flooring with his foot. She saw Cody near the window tapping the floor before marking it with the spray paint. Pascal was by the wall breaking the rusted pieces off the floor near some old shelving.

Cody spotted Sarah and asked, "Hey hun what brings you up here?" As Cody spoke Pascal looked up to see Sarah walking towards Cody.

Cody changed instinctively, feeling the spell targeting him, he put both hands out and palms facing Sarah, letting his draconic traits show. He turned and saw that the barrier around the old factory was undulating as a keen ringing was heard all over the place, he looked down and saw a few of Mino's men run past the gate and towards a building that had smoke coming out of two windows.

Sarah ran up to Cody and made him turn to face her. "Calm down; we're safe here," Sarah whispered to Cody.

Cody's gaze flicked to Pascal who stared at him in a mix of fear and awe, Sarah turned around and saw Pascal, when their eyes met whatever held Pascal in place broke, letting Pascal run to the stairs where she descended them and ran out of the building. Cody calmed down and saw Burt looking out the back window having missed the change. Cody looked at Sarah and said, "Sorry let's go."

Cody walked out in time to see one person standing in the gate, keeping Jack's men from leaving, Cody noticed they all looked nervous being unable to move closer to the single guard. Manny and another guard found Cody. "Sir are you alright?" Manny asked as he looked up at the now calm barrier.

"Yes I am. What was that all about?" Cody asked while looking for Pascal and not seeing her anywhere.

"Someone tried to use a spell to see past the barrier, judging by the smoke coming from those windows the barrier did its job and reflected the spell. That caused the source to explode. I have men going in now to investigate," Manny explained as he led Cody and Sarah towards the RV.

Cody and Sarah followed Manny while his partner walked behind them, Cody heard Doris yell to Jack, "Jack boy get your pack in order and leave that dire wolf alone, we don't need to do anything but stay out of their way." Which prompted Jack to leave the small kids and elders to some of the younger people and run towards the group of men standing in front of Manny man.

Cody looked at Manny and asked, "Dire wolf?"

Manny put Cody and Sarah into the RV before answering, "It's a term for canine demis for a person who is too powerful to lead or be part of a pack."

Cody watched as Jack stood in front of his people and shouted at them, "Get back, protect the kids." Jack looked back at the one guard and said, "Sorry about them, but I'm sure you understand."

"I understand. But I can't have them go in and jeopardize my team, they're not trained like we are," the guard said. Jack nodded and turned to follow his men.

Cody heard from Manny's radio, "Sorry sir; they got away. It was a team of four and one of them was badly burned. He was being carried by one person while the other two fired a mix of spells and bullets at us. They broke FG three's ward and sent him into a brick wall. We are investigating the room while FG one and two bring Three back, Over."

Manny spoke into the radio, "Roger. Get everything you can then wipe the traces of magic, Over."

"I wonder if they'll find anything useful," Sarah said as two men came around the corner of the building across the street.

"Sir, we secured the area. We found their vehicle but as we went to engage they used a fire spell and forced us back. Luckily no bystanders saw it," the woman on the left said.

"Good job, HG one and two. Now go in and get things ready for FG three recovery," Manny ordered them. They both nodded and walked around the RV and jumped into a back door.

"Can we step out now?" Cody asked as he saw three men rush across the street.

"Yes, I'll be getting HGs and FGs to increase the patrols tonight," Manny explained as the guard who kept the bikers at bay moved to help the injured man.