Accidental Revelations Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Tbcody
Tbcody
360 Followers

"Can you tell me what those terms mean?" Cody asked Manny.

Manny smiled and nodded as he said. "We have five positions in our squads, FG, HG, RG, Support and Mages. FG means Forward Guard, The people who run out and confront the threats. HG stands for Home guard, the ones who patrol the area. RG which I focus on is the Rear Guard, We protect and escort the VIP," Manny said, pointing to Cody and Sarah.

"Supports and Mages are one or two person roles, Supports are the healers and techies of the squad. Mages are the investigators and cleaners, they wipe out all magical traces and get all the information they can using magic or scientific means," Manny finished as the two men carrying the third put the third into the stretcher where the Support started to heal him.

"Thanks for that, I'm going to go talk to them and see if they still want to work," Cody said, nodding his head in Jack's direction.

Manny nodded and turned to help with the man who was now topless showing a massive bruise that was slowly healing while enveloped by a greenish blue mist.Cody started towards Jack with Sarah beside him and just as they were about to arrive Jack spoke up, "We will finish what we started. No point in doing half work. Plus the food ain't done yet."

Cody held out his hand and Jack took it. "Thanks for staying, I'm sorry this all happened," Cody said as Jack finished shaking his hand.

"No problem. Grandma already explained that we would be safe today. I didn't understand what she meant till now," Jack explained as everyone slowly walked back into the building to continue their work.

"What do you mean?" Cody asked as he followed them to the door to watch them continue what they stopped.

"Grandma told me last night that after a horrid ringing noise everyone will be safe and sound, nothing will get us or hunt us. I had no clue what she meant," Jack explained as he helped the others. Cody nodded and walked away towards the stairs.

After a few hours the kids had managed to sweep the whole building clean and move the smaller debris, Jack's men finished scraping everything while Aaron's crew had pulled out all the furniture from every room and floor then sorted between keeping and garbage.

Cody helped where he could. After the kids finished Cody kept up his promise and handed each one a hundred dollars. Sarah had left for home shortly after the incident.

Cody and his Security force were invited to eat but before everyone could start Cody saw Kelsie and Chuck along with a woman pull into the lot. Kelsie got out first and said loudly to Cody, "Hey bud, I'm done everything today and wanted to see how this place came along."

Chuck stepped out of his car along with the woman who Cody guessed was his wife. "Same, but I have a request if you're okay with it Cody," Chuck said as he approached him along with Kelsie.

"What would that be?" Cody asked as a young man handed him a paper plate filled with various food.

The young man nodded and walked back with Kelsie following him. Chuck spoke up while his wife looked up at the building. "This is my wife Angela. Around Ten tonight can she help me look around at all the piping and wiring in here?" Chuck asked as Kelsie walked back with a plate of food looking ecstatic.

"May I ask how she'll help you?" Cody asked as he took a bite of the meat and groaned in pleasure. "Damn that's good," Cody muttered to himself.

Angela smiled which caused Cody to flinch which confused him, Angela asked in a very gentle and soft voice. "Are you afraid of spiders?"

Cody looked surprised as he caught the meaning. "No, I had a pet tarantula when I was eight. He passed away the same year I left home," Cody explained.

"It's good that you're not afraid, I'm sorry about your pet," Angela said, walking into the building behind Chuck.

"I heard they cleared the steps that lead to the basement where the elevator motor is. Can I go look at it?" Kelsie asked Cody around a mouthful of food.

Cody nodded and led the way, Chuck saw them walk and followed them. As they got to the steps Cody pulled out a flashlight and pointed to the dark corner. "Over there, careful though; the bottom seven steps rusted away. We think the water is eight feet deep," Cody explained as Kelsie carefully stepped down a few and squatted to look into the flooded room.

"I won't say it's that deep but close enough. Shit ton of wiring and piping and Chuck there's no fuze box here either," Kelsie said loudly as he scanned the walls.

"Damn it, I might have to install some which is going to fucking annoying," Chuck said rubbing his forhead while Angela rubbed his back in consolation.

"Well If we're lucky we might be able to save the elevator motor, it doesn't look that bad thankfully but I'll have to pump the water out before I can give any real answers," Kelsie said as he walked back up the few steps.

"I hope so, I would like to save money where I can. Also since you're going up the walls and maybe the ceiling could you do a small favor?" Cody asked Angela more so then Chuck.

"That depends on the favor," Angela replied.

"Take a can or two of white spray paint and check for holes or weak parts on the walls and ceiling? This way when we start we can tell where to focus our efforts first," Cody explained as Chuck looked at his wife and nodded.

Angela smiled and said, "I don't mind."

"Thank you," Cody said as he led them out of the building, most of the adults had started eating and were relaxing while the kids played and ate.

Jack and Belinda along with Aaron walked up to Cody. Jack spoke up first, "We will be heading out in an hour or so."

Aaron spoke up after and said, "My crew will start tomorrow, We will bring some tools and take out the cement pads then the asphalt along with the boat house area."

"Sounds good, I'll probably get Linda and Tina out here tomorrow to help start the floor plans. I'll start by marking the park area tonight," Cody replied. Aaron nodded and walked back with Jack.

Belinda stayed behind and said, "Grandma sends her regards and will try to get Pascal to come back here at some point soon. Grandma also asked me to tell you to be careful of loud noises here, she can't see much of anything when it comes to you but she saw Pascal cover her ears for some reason." Belinda finished before leaving.

Cody nodded and said, "Thank her for the warning, I'll do my best to be careful."

Belinda waved at him as she caught up with Jack and Aaron. "I'll go change in that room over there when everyone's gone. Also just how safe is it here?" Angela asked.

"Go talk with Manny, he can explain it better than I can," Cody said as he walked to his truck, Cody saw the permit and the business card from Christopher Lean and smiled remembering Amell telling Cody to 'bleed him dry'. Cody looked up and saw Aaron and Kelsie talking to each other pointing at the building, Chuck was walking with Angela who somehow looked even more relaxed after having spoken with Manny.

"Aaron! Kelsie! Chuck! Come here please," Cody yelled out to them. All three looked at Cody and walked over looking confused. As they got closer they saw Cody with a giant grin on his face.

"What's up Boss?" Aaron asked.

Cody pulled out his phone and opened an app to write things down. "I was going to ask to make a shared document where we can plan stuff and make a list, let's make a supply list right now. I need everything you can think of and make it bulky. Make it expensive while all useful to this location if you can," Cody said, putting his phone on the truck's hood.

"Why?" Kelsie asked looking confused.

"Remember when I was dropped off and that stuff happened? That was after a meeting with my dad and the person who owned this place. Well this morning he sent a messenger saying he would make me an offer of some kind and I'm going to ask him to cover the first order of building supplies and I mean all the supplies," Cody explained, causing all three men to look at each other and smirk.

"I'll do my part after I go around the building tonight," Chuck said laughing.

Aaron and Kelsie both started to list items and Cody wrote them down. During this time Cody, Aaron and Kelsie moved to the truck bed where they sat down, after thirty minutes Jack and Belinda walked up to the group and said goodbye to them while their family started to pack everything away. "Thank you for coming, It was a pleasure meeting you and working together,"

"No, thank you; everyone had fun and earned some cash. If you need anything just ask, we don't mind helping out if need be," Jack responded while Belinda said goodbye to her brother.

After they walked away Cody listened and wrote things down while they listed them off. After about twenty minutes they ran out of ideas having used most of them. "Let's go see Chuck and see if he can add anything," Cody said standing from the bed of his truck, Aaron and Kelsie both stood up as well.

"He should be close to done by now if he's checking on things," Kelsie said as they neared the open building.

They walked into the office area and saw that new marking adorned the walls mostly near sockets and light switches. "Seems like he checked this area out already," Aaron said as Kelsie jogged up the steps.

After a few moments Kelsie came back down and said to Cody and Aaron. "He's done all three floors."

"Let's go find him then, it shouldn't be that hard," Cody said as they walked out and looked around, seeing marks along the walls and even some old wires bunched up on the floor.

"Chuck, where are you?" Aaron asked loudly, making a slight echo in the large empty building.

"Up here," Chuck said, causing all three men to look up, Cody looked surprised as Aaron flinched while Kelsie jumped and started to mutter and hum while walking circles calming himself down.

"I'm sorry if I surprised you," Angela said loudly as she used her eight long legs to stick to the ceiling where Chuck was tied to the front of her human half checking on the wires near a row of lights. "Do you need Chuck to come down? He's nearly finished," Angela asked but was interrupted by Chuck patting the spot where her human skin met the soft brown chitin.

"I'm done, if what I've seen is any indication the wiring here is completely fried, we can't turn anything on until the whole grid is pulled out," Chuck said loud enough for people below to hear them.

As Angela descended from the ceiling Cody noticed that her spider body was mostly brown with the legs being a reddish brown and the center of her body almost black with stripes of light brown running down her body towards her human half.

"I'm sorry if this is a bit rude but may I ask what species of spider you're based on?" Cody asked, letting his curiosity take hold.

Angela simply smiled. "First off, we Demis aren't based on a species, more like we match the native species of our area. My mother was based on a dock spider while I look like a wolf spider," Angela explained to Cody as she landed gently on the ground. "Since you're asking, I'm guessing you're new to this world right?"

As Cody answered Angela untied some webbing letting Chuck gently fall from her waist and land on his knees where he quickly rose to his feet. "That's right; my partners are a snake demi and a lizard demi. I woke up with her in her natural form after a one night stand and when she explained everything I decided to stay with her," Cody explained with no hesitation.

"That's good, I hope everything goes well for both of you," Angela said as she lowered herself from the eight foot height to a six foot height to be closer to Chuck giving him a kiss on the cheek. "I'll go change and I'll wait in the car for you," Angela told Chuck who smiled while nodding his head.

"Are you done? I noticed a few white patches along the walls and ceiling," Cody said, pointing to a few large circles that were barely visible.

"Yes I did that while he was in the office area, I don't know why but the third floor door is locked from the inside on both sides. I didn't sense anything or anyone so please be careful with getting in, there might be a homeless person who never left in there," Angela said as she moved towards a secluded corner.

"Why do you say that?" Cody asked her as she walked away.

Angela held up one finger as she turned the corner, after a few moments she walked back in her short human form fixing her loose skirt. "I smelt old blood and various body odors, Since I felt no movement I'm assuming it was dead," Angela explained.

"Thank you, I'll look into it later. Chuck, as for you I need your help adding to the list of supplies," Cody said smiling.

Angela waved at them as she walked to the car, Chuck walked over to Cody and said, "Sorry if she surprised you. Let's see what you have so far."

Cody handed him his phone to let him read the list, "I'm fine, Kelsie, on the other hand, I think needs some air," Cody said, looking at the pale man.

"Sorry, I don't do well with spiders. Bad accident as a kid and I haven't been able to get over it since," Kelsie explained as he sat down taking in large stuttered breaths.

"Fair enough," Chuck said as he started to add items to the list, after a few moments of Silence Aaron and Kelsie walked out of the building as Cody followed Chuck who walked slower to focus on adding items.

"There, that's all I need," Chuck said, handing Cody his phone.

"Thank you, I hope you have a good night," Cody said as he walked to his truck while Chuck walked to his vehicle. Aaron and Kelsie had left already. Cody looked up and saw how dark it was and looked at the time. Since it was nearly eight P.M he decided to go home.

As he started his truck and drove home he waved bye to the security team and wished them all a good night as he pulled out his phone with a cocky grin that promised whoever was receiving it a bad time.

Tbcody
Tbcody
360 Followers