All Comments on 'Aces'

by intim8

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
G5902G5902almost 2 years ago

THANK YOU!!! This is such a good story and it looked like it was going to end at page 5. Thank you for the “… to be continued”. This is nicely written, it has a nice pace, it has so many promises for more sub-stories, and it so different than anything else that I have read. Thank you for sharing this wonderful story!!! (I can’t wait to see the next chapter)!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Summary is a bit misleading and I think putting it in the Exhibtionist & Voyeur category seems to focus more on superficial elements of the story as opposed to maybe Sci-Fi but it was well written. Good job!

intim8intim8almost 2 years agoAuthor

About the summary, it was the best I could do in the small character count they give you. There wasn't room to add "one of". Or did you mean something else?

About the category, yeah, I'm never sure where to go with that. I tend to write stuff that could fit a lot of categories in the same story. I have more ideas for stories in this same "universe" where E&V is more on point, and the whole concept has the element that their sex lives are basically public information. They're being "watched" by the media and others even when they're not watched directly. In some of the future entries, I'm imagining it being more direct in a lot of cases.

I don't like when series jump categories, and since E&V is my favorite category, I tend to favor it, for better or worse.

I do appreciate the feedback.

G5902: Thank you. I especially appreciate "so different".

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

After submitting my comment about the summary it occurred to me that the summary might be foreshadowing what could eventually happen from something like population loss or isolation. Obviously I've never written or submitted anything here as evidenced by my lack of an account, so I wasn't aware of the c!haracter limit on the summary. I understand how the categories can be a blessing and a curse. Sometimes I wonder what good stories I might be missing just because I don't browse those categories.

intim8intim8almost 2 years agoAuthor

"might be foreshadowing what could eventually happen"

It is that, but also the fact that in the present, he is one of the last that can father children. Referring to the old cliche, "I wouldn't sleep with you if you were the last man on earth". Brian is not quite the very last of those, but he's one of a very, very small number, and women who normally would not give him the time of day are now begging to sleep with him.

Thanks, I like this kind of feedback. It helps me identify where I didn't make things as clear in the story as they could have been, or where I might have left inconsistencies.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I’ve read other “the last male on earth” stories… They all differ from yours in the same way: the “Aces” would not have their pick of girls. They’d all be getting shipped to a center somewhere and having their almost every need taken care of while being mechanically pumped for their semen and sperm to be bottled up and used to impregnate dozens of women each time. Like the government is going to let them turn into party-hearty, pampered gigolos having a good time in a mansion full of college coeds - that’s not too likely at all.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The exploration of freely available sex with basically any woman against the dichotomy of genuine intimacy and potential human connection is what interests me about this story. Thanks for the story.

maddictmaddict6 months ago

This is a hell of a dilemma. A guy with a conscience woman without one and a very real tragedy coming fast. To ruin a good time woman can only get pregnant a few days out of the month ? I think a system needs to be established, if probably is and Brian will soon be disappointed at the genetic diversity requirements. Tall ones, short ones, round ones, old ones, every kind of woman from all over the world. Lyrics from a 60's song I almost remember the words to . Brian I hope you don't end up strapped to a table, masturbated till the end of your usefulness. What did Ivan say, like there is no tomorrow

BobbyBrandtBobbyBrandt5 months ago

Thank your backstory blurb in the AH forums for enticing me to read your story.

Well done and entertaining. I do have the same curiosity as others have stated and that relates to your choice of category.

Djmac1031Djmac1031about 1 month ago

Fascinating premise, and I appreciate the more realistic tone as opposed to turning it into an elaborate excuse for orgy scene after orgy scene.

How does one go about finding love and true companionship in a world where sex has become a commodity?

Looking forward to seeing where this is headed

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userintim8@intim8
I write in a fantasy universe where STD's aren't a concern and birth control works every time, where most people are intelligent, respectful, and well adjusted, where 18 or 20 year olds can be both sweetly innocent and wise beyond their years. and where older people are open t...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Aces Series Info