All Comments on 'Aces Pt. 06 - The Naked Philosopher'

by intim8

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
AingealanLannAingealanLannover 1 year ago

I caught one of your stories in another category and just happened to look at your other stories. I'm glad I did because normally I don't read anything in the Exhibition category but this is a *really* good story. I would love to see Abby and Lisa to co-exist with Brian because I'm a sucker for a good love story, especially unconventional ones. But the plot to untangle there is really good regardless. Also, Jennifer feels like a loose thread that never got finished. Curious to see if we hear from her again.

intim8intim8over 1 year agoAuthor

Aingealan, thank you so much. I'm writing this as I go, so I don't know exactly where it is leading yet. Sometimes I don't even know until I get the characters talking and see what happens. I'm thinking Lisa will be seen more, and yes, Jennifer has been in the back of my mind while working on the last few episodes. But given what she wants, she probably won't be coming around till a month or so after her initial appearance, thought the timeline will necessarily accelerate from here on. In the meantime, I have another complication in mind, tangent to the Abby and Lisa situation. Around all this, Brian does have to keep up his "mission" after all.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I would love to read more of this story. Is there a new chapter coming out soon?

Nzq11Nzq11about 1 year ago

Really enjoyed the twists and turns of this very different approach to a “real” world problem. Would definitely like to see this continue with the Abby Lisa story and how they all co-exist within this new world of the Aces. Part of me also want to see a bit of revenge on Jennifer for walking out, something around meeting on campus, and just being used, but not sure how that would work in with the way the series has developed. So much scope to keep building, and I hope you do.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

intim8, any plans for future chapters?

intim8intim811 months agoAuthor

Anon, yes, but I want to take it further into the future to deal with how society changes as what I am calling "The Great Unwinding" plays out. I've written a few disconnected pieces of it, but I haven't had time to really work it through well enough. In my head, it wants to become a slow-rolling dystopian-ish thing, with a kind of "Alas, Babylon" and "Canticle for Liebowitz" feel to it.

I don't want to just move on from Brian, Abby, and Lisa, not right away, anyway. And of course, it's time for Brian to start finding out he has succeeded in some of his efforts. Jennifer is indeed a loose end, and an interesting character in her own right, as is that damned nurse. But I need to figure out what direction to go in from there.

So yes, but I don't know when.

James_DuncanJames_Duncan9 months ago

Excellent, although if I had one piece of advice.. do not let him spend too much time down in the depths of despair. I utterly understand why and applaud you for taking him there, it felt right, but also it feels right for him to realise the situation and start to grow up a bit more and stop trying to control that which is utterly uncontrollable.

AingealanLannAingealanLann6 months ago

This story is so different and so well written from others out right now. It makes me sad it's sat dormant for so long. Hopefully you're getting closer to the point of being able to release more.

maddictmaddict6 months ago

This will make a very good series, I'm happy to know you are thinking of it.

Matt Wiener creator of MadMen said, you have created these characters be thoughtful where you leave them when it's over

Djmac1031Djmac103127 days ago

Wow. Well done. I'm always a little torn between things moving too fast and things being dragged out too long. I think you did well all things considered. Now what I'm really curious about is if Brian can find love with both Abby AND Lisa. Can they share? There are plenty of polyamorous couples that make it work.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userintim8@intim8
I write in a fantasy universe where STD's aren't a concern and birth control works every time, where most people are intelligent, respectful, and well adjusted, where 18 or 20 year olds can be both sweetly innocent and wise beyond their years. and where older people are open t...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES