Across the Pond Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Swig
Swig
433 Followers

***

X: Electric Love.

Is it wrong I'm jealous of your leisurely afternoon, James? Not for your lack of responsibility while I'm stuck in a meeting but almost entirely because others are able to spend time with you and I'm not.

"Who's she been textin' all afternoon?"

"A boy, I think."

Well whenever you get back hopefully you can come with me. I mean, come to my friend's beach house, not come, like, orgasm with me. Though I wouldn't mind that either, if you wanted. It's not a requirement...or maybe it is? Damn you for frying my brain with your dashing good looks and quick tongue.

"Aww, does our little Sydney have a boyfriend?"

"I hope so, she really needs to get laid."

"You dipshits know I can hear you, right?" I looked up from my phone - that, admittedly, I'd been on all afternoon - to Tess and Shane sitting across from me grinning from ear to ear. We were sipping beers on the back porch, the covered patio giving us a little relief from the blindingly sunny Delaware day. Holland and I had been texting non-stop since I received his gift, making my morning run and his afternoon meeting almost impossible to get through. "You guys are like teenage girls, and may I remind you that you were so much worse when you were dating?"

"Which your ass stayed meddlin' in, so don't ruin our fun," Shane teased.

My phone vibrated and I unlocked it to read Holland's latest message. I would be glad to meet your friends. I'm curious to see what sort of people can put up with you, wicked girl. "And you are now married with a kid, so really you should be worshipping the ground I walk on."

Tess balanced her beer on the arm of her chair. "Will you settle for occasionally calling out your name in bed as tribute?"

"Deal." Excuse you babe, I'm fabulous. Not everyone is lucky enough to be in my presence, even these assholes who keep making fun of me for texting you. I peeked up to find them with smug looks on their faces. "Stop staring at me."

"Daaaaaddy? Daddy! Daddy Daddy Daddy!" Eli - my saving grace - was up from his nap, his sweet voice coming through the baby monitor. Shane glanced over at Tess as she pulled her baseball cap low over her eyebrows. "Hey, he called for Daddy."

Shane groaned as he stood, his muscular frame casting a large shadow across the octagon-shaped wooden table. "I'll remember that at three in the mornin', woman." He bent down to kiss his smiling wife before disappearing into the house. My phone buzzed again. Ah, so it's not just me. McKenzie has been mocking me endlessly each time I mention you, which is so very often. You're not the only one with a fried brain, love. Have I mentioned how much I miss you?

My fingers rested on my lips as I tried to hide my smile. I miss you too, Boss. I don't do the feelings thing too well but I'm so wrapped up in you, it's tortuous. You keep it up with the sweet words and you'll be stuck with my ass for the rest of your life. I dropped my phone in my lap and raised my eyes up just in time to see Tess laughing at me. "Shut up."

"You are so in love right now!"

"Shut up. Shut up shut up shut up." I took a deep swallow of my beer, the fizzy liquid flowing smoothly down my throat. "Lemme ask you something. When did you realize you were in love with Shane?"

"Oh yes, he mentioned you might ask that." Her eyes followed the surf as I watched the pleasant memory wash over her face. "If I'm honest, it was probably the minute my eyes met his. At least, that was the start of it. My fate was sealed when I kissed him, though."

"Aww. That's gross." She picked up a tortilla chip on her mostly empty snack plate and chucked it at me, and right when I threatened her to throw one more damn thing at me Shane appeared with Eli tucked under his arm as if he were carrying a log. "Someone take this kid before I throw him in the trash." The toddler shrieked with delight as Shane shook him before setting him down. I opened my arms wide as he ran over to me, climbing onto my lap and hugging me as tightly as his little arms could. 'Hi Auntie S'ney! Gimme kisses!"

I did just that, kissing all over his fat cherubic face. He had his mother's facial features and smooth brown skin, his greenish-brown eyes and dark red hair was all from Shane. Tess faked a pout. "Hey, what am I, little boy? Chopped liver?"

I cradled the sweet boy in my arms while he stuck two fingers in his mouth. "Oh don't worry, as soon as he gets hungry he's going right back to you. These D-cups are for decoration early."

Shane stood behind his wife and her shoulders. They clearly solved their argument from earlier, being all lovey-dovey and shit. I liked it. "Oh no. That boy is weaned and I'm tryin' to get started on baby number two."

"Oh yay! I hope you have a girl this time so Eli doesn't get too jealous. Then have another boy. Ooh, or twins!"

"Um, excuse me." Tess interrupted with a disinterested face. "Are either of you carrying all these freakishly large children?"

"Sorry, but I love my vagina too much to do that to myself." The couple laughed and my phone buzzed with a new text.

You say that as if it would be a negative thing. You've consumed me. Which has come as a shock and is quickly becoming a vicious need to be near you. Touch you. Kiss you. Show you just how quick my tongue can be. In fact, I'm certain talking is the last activity we'd be indulging in were we in person so perhaps we should get that out of the way now. Are you available to talk for a few minutes?

"Oh...guys, I have to make a phone call." They started making exaggerated kissy faces and Eli started copying them. "Yeah yeah, I'll be back in a few minutes."

"Hey, you got another package," Shane said when I stood and handed his kid off. "This dude must really like your evil ass."

"Don't act like my evil ass isn't amazing." I smacked my left buttcheek for emphasis while I ran into the house, to the kitchen table where my last gift was left. This one wasn't from Holland, though. It had a Connecticut P.O. Box address on it and it was wrapped in plain brown paper. I tore it open and a piece of ripped college-ruled paper was taped face down on a worn leather square box. I turned it over and read the chicken scratch handwriting.

Talked to Mr. Darcy. Taking his offer.

Sorry for being such a dick.

Don't ask how I bought it back. See you in a month.

-Colin

Opening the box, nestled in an off-white cushion was the watch Dad gave me.

My hand flew to my chest as happiness bloomed inside me so suddenly it was overwhelming. Colin was going to get help, that was the most important thing to me. Having my watch back was simply icing on the cake. I left the box on the table and dialed Holland's number, making my way back to my room as it rang. Maybe my bright and breezy summer could be salvaged after all.

Swig
Swig
433 Followers