Adam's New Beginning Pt. 02

Story Info
Adam navigates a work situation.
2.9k words
4.68
3.8k
9

Part 2 of the 4 part series

Updated 08/02/2023
Created 07/10/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I groaned and swung my arm up, smacking my phone a few times to silence my alarm. It was Monday morning and somehow the events of Friday night seemed to still be weighing heavily on my body. I had a bit of a hangover headache, a mildly nauseous feeling in my stomach, and my hole was still a bit sore.

I flipped over onto my back and rubbed the sleep from my eyes. I was already dreading work. I had taken up a job in copywriting for an ad agency while I applied to law school. Now that those dreams had been shattered, I was faced with the reality that I might be stuck copywriting painfully corny paragraphs about pet food for the rest of my life. My alarm beeped again, saving me from spiralling into a pit of existential despair.

My morning routine was pretty much always the same. I got out of bed, showered, brushed my teeth, sat on the toilet a few minutes too long while scrolling my phone, pulled on some clothes (today, a pair of dark jeans and a casual button down shirt), and headed down to the closest subway station. I always walked to the end of the subway platform, got on the very last subway car, and sat in the corner furthest back. I counted the stops to work slowly in my head as I eyed the route map, despite having done the same commute every weekday for the past 8 months. When I finally arrived at my stop, I stepped off the train, half-jogged up the stairs, and took a deep breath once finally outside.

My office was on the fifth floor of a dated walk-up, just four blocks from the subway station. Some days, like today, I would stop in at a small cafe for coffee before work. The cafe was quaint, nestled between a dry cleaner and a laundromat, aptly named "The Launderer". Inside, the walls were exposed red brick with modern fittings. The large coffee bar to the left was staffed by two friendly baristas, the seating to the right was comfortable but basic, and the walls were lined with shelves of old books and trinkets from around the world.

"Just an iced latte, please. With almond milk, please." I smiled softly. The barista punched in my order and as I tapped my phone to pay, I heard a deep voice chuckle from behind me.

"Everyone here's allergic to dairy, huh?" the deep voice spoke, sending a shiver down my spine. I couldn't tell if it was good or bad.

I turned quickly, finding myself face to face with Michael Sawyer. I swallowed nervously. Michael had just been hired at the ad agency as Senior Vice President of Creative after having moved into the city from Texas. Everyone had fallen in love with him immediately and I didn't blame them. Michael was tall, broad-shouldered, and had a full head of well-groomed salt-and-pepper hair and a short beard along his chiseled jaw. He also carried himself effortlessly, with a confidence that only seems to accompany the men who know how handsome they are. His slightly southern drawl added to his overall appeal. He also made me incredibly nervous and I couldn't figure out why.

I faked a polite laugh and shrugged, "I guess so."

I walked a few steps over to wait for my drink. Michael made sure to order his loud enough for me to hear. A medium latte, nice and hot, with regular milk and no sugar. He winked in my direction as he said 'regular milk'. I felt my heart almost skip a beat. Did he just wink at me? Why was my drink taking so long?

Michael stepped beside me and smiled again, holding out his hand this time.

"I'm Michael, by the way."

"Oh." I took his hand, noticing the firm strength in his grip. "Yeah, I work at AdVent too. I'm Adam.."

"Oh? Hm. Strange. Can't say I've seen you..." He said in such a charming way. His smile was a bit disarming and I started getting more impatient for my coffee, but he seemed to be waiting for an explanation.

"Oh. I'm a copywriter. I'm on Lindsay's team." I couldn't bring myself to make eye contact anymore so I looked over at the barista, who seemed to be working in slow motion.

"Ah, yeah, Lindsay. I'll have to come get a proper introduction to the team, then." Even out of the corner of my eye, it seemed like Michael was checking me out. His voice was suspiciously slow and lilting when he spoke. I looked up at him, regretting it instantly as his sharp green eyes bore straight into me like a hungry wolf.

I didn't realize I had stopped breathing until the barista finally called my drink. I nodded politely towards Michael and grabbed my drink, quickly slipping out of the cafe and speed-walking to work. I didn't stop moving until I was sitting at my desk. I could hear myself panting. My mind was reeling from that encounter.

I threw myself into work to distract myself. There was no way that Michael Sawyer could have been checking me out, let alone flirting with me. I chalked it up to wishful thinking. He was certainly attractive. Maybe I was just feeling withdrawal from the end of a long-term relationship, seeing the potential for intimacy and sex in any given situation. That must have been it, just my imagination playing tricks on me.

Around 4:30PM, Lindsay walked over to my desk.

I looked up at her and smiled lightly. I may not have been working in my ideal job, but Lindsay always made me feel like I was indispensable to her team.

"Adam, Adam, Adam!" She beamed.

"Hey, Linds." Clearly unable to match her energy.

"Exciting news! The new VP has this big client, won't say who, but they're big. Like huge. And loaded. Very loaded." She gestured with her hands, as if making an invisible stack of bills rain from the sky. "Anyway, he needs a dedicated copywriter assigned to the project and when he asked me, I knew it had to be you. I know copywriting isn't your thing, but, it sounds like you'd be doing a lot more - some client work, real hands-on stuff!"

I stared at her with a blank look on my face. I had spent the whole day trying to get Michael Sawyer out of my mind and here was Lindsay, offering me up to him on a silver platter.

"Anyway, you won't officially start until next week but Mike wants to see you at the end of the day just to get acquainted."

"Mike?"

"Michael Sawyer. He likes Mike, apparently. Such a sweetheart." Lindsay smiled, tapping my desk. "Anyways, you'll have this week to wrap up work on my projects and then you'll be his! It'll be great, I promise. Better than pet food campaigns." Lindsay chuckled and walked away.

I sat at my desk and stared at my screen. I couldn't exactly say no, not after Lindsay had vouched for me so passionately. And I couldn't exactly quit. I had no backup plan, no job leads, no career plans. And maybe I would actually learn something useful. Maybe Michael Sawyer was just being nice. Maybe this was the start of something new, something good.

I sent Max a text. You won't believe what happened at work..."

I waited a few minutes but didn't get a response. I sighed. It was 4:59PM. I cleared up my desk, shut down my computer, and took a few deep breaths. Without thinking, I also reached up to fix my hair as I walked over to Michael's office.

The door was open but I knocked anyway, three soft raps. Michael was sitting behind his desk, staring intently at his computer screen. He had taken off his suit jacked and was wearing a light blue collared shirt. He started typing, his fingers moving impressively fast. I caught a glimpse of a small silver wedding band in the blurred movement, glinting in the pale office light along with the heavy metal watch strap of his large watch.

"Come in, come in. Take a seat. Almost done." He said shortly, his low voice echoing over the tapping on his keyboard.

I nodded and quietly stepped into his office, taking a seat opposite his desk in one of two armchairs. It was more comfortable than expected. I glanced around the office as I waited. It was sparse as Michael had only start two weeks ago, but there were several boxes piled around the room that had yet to be unpacked.

Finally, Michael hit a key with triumphant 'tap' and looked up at me. "Done!" His eyes did that thing again, boring into me with a strange hunger. He seemed to be staring into me. I felt completely exposed.

"It's good to see you again, Adam." He grinned. Somehow he looked more handsome than he did this morning.

"Um, you too, Mike." I replied.

"Michael." He corrected me. "You can call me Michael." His tone was firm, almost authoritative. I simply nodded in response.

Michael stood and walked through his office as he spoke, "I'm sure Lindsay has told you about the opportunity..." He closed the door gently, "She spoke very highly of you, so I thought it would be best for us to get to know one another before we get to work."

Michael walked back towards the desk, taking the seat right beside me rather than on the other side of the desk. I suppose it was his way of trying to make me feel more comfortable but it had the opposite effect. The two armchairs were angled slightly towards each other, so his left knee was just barely brushing against my right knee. He interlaced his fingers and rested his hands in his lap.

"So, tell me about yourself, Adam."

I stared at him for a moment before I started speaking. "Well, I...I have a degree in English and Economics from UPenn. I've been at AdVent for about 8 months as a copywriter. I actually had plans to go to law school but I just got rejected from my dream school and so I'm still here, stuck, not knowing what else to do with myself." The last sentence came out before I could stop myself, and my eyes widened as I realized what I had just admitted to my boss' boss.

Michael just smiled. He looked at me for a few moments, giving me that signature disarming look before he spoke again. "Well, how about you help me with this project, and I'll help you get into that dream school of yours?"

I stared at him and raised an eyebrow in disbelief.

Michael chuckled, "I should explain. My brother is a lawyer in the city. His wife too. And at least one of their sons is in law school now. I'm happy to connect you, I know getting access to the right resources can make a big difference to an application."

I continued to stare at him as my brain processed his words. "Oh. Wow. I mean, thank you, that would be amazing..."

"It's nothing. The least I can do. The project you'll be helping me with is a big one, quite the handful." I could feel Michael's knee now resting against my own. It was bigger than my own and I could see the faint outline of powerful quad muscles under his dark blue dress pants.

I nodded.

"You're not the only person on my team for this, but the only copywriter. So you'll be responsible for the end product, compiling everyone's work, editing, proofreading, the whole nine yards."

I nodded again.

"Good. And I understand you can handle a big load?"

My head shot up to look up at Michael and my heart started pounding against my ribcage. My cheeks burned red and my mouth went dry. "Wh-what?" I stammered.

Michael smirked ever so slightly. "A big workload? Lindsay says you can handle a number of ongoing assignments?"

"Oh. Oh. Yes." I said, my cheeks a complete crimson now. I could feel the heat of embarrassment rising through my whole body. I stared down at the floor.

"Great. We'll get started next week, but if you have any questions you can always come to me." Michael concluded.

I was too embarrassed to respond or even move. Michael chuckled and reached his hand over, placing it gently on my right leg just above where our two knees were touching. He squeezed gently and smiled. The involuntary response in my body was impossible to ignore. His hand was large, strong, and heavy on my leg. All the blood in my body seemed to rush towards my groin, giving me an uncomfortably hard erection in my jeans. I was completely frozen now, my eyes staring at the silvery metal of Michael's ring as his hand rested on my thigh.

"Adam? You okay?" Michael's tone was still firm, but I could hear a hint of concern. I watched as he lifted his hand from my thigh and brought it slowly to my chin. He gently lifted my chin with his fingers until I was looking at him. He repeated himself, "You okay?"

I simply stared back as my body and brain finally acknowledged the undeniable truth. I was putty for this man. If he was a puppet master, I was his puppet. If he said 'jump', I'd say 'Yes Sir.'. The realization was embarrassing, arousing, and confusing. Yes, I liked older men, but never someone Michael's age. He was twice my own age. He was married. But here I was, hoping he'd never pull his hand away.

Michael looked back at me with that same disarming expression and he must have seen the truth in my eyes. He kept my chin held up with his fingers as he very softly brushed his thumb across my lower lip. It trembled slightly. He brushed his thumb higher, across both my lower and upper lip. Without thinking, I kissed it softly. My heart was pounding at this point and any ounce of thought had left my brain. I closed my eyes and waited, unsure what Michael would do next.

He pressed his thumb against my lips a bit more firmly. I kissed it again. I could feel my cock straining in my jeans. It was such a simple gesture, but something about the fact that it was Michael was driving me wild. The taboo nature of it all was exciting.

The third time Michael pressed his thumb against my lips, he kept pushing until his thumb popped into my mouth. My eyes flew open in surprise but I didn't pull back. I looked at Michael and he just nodded. I didn't hesitate. I suckled on his thumb like it was my job. It didn't have a distinct taste, but it was big. He pressed it against my tongue and I moaned involuntarily.

Taking cue from my obvious desire, Michael slowly stood up while leaving his thumb in my mouth. He stepped over towards me until he was standing between my legs, his hand in front of his crotch, and his thumb in my mouth. He brought his other hand up to the back of my head, slowly pushing his hips forward as he sank his thumb deeper into my mouth. I looked up at him, my eyes wide and my lips tight around his thumb. He gently pushed and pulled his thumb in and out of my mouth, as if he was fucking my mouth with just his thumb.

I was completely at his mercy. I could feel my cock pulsing, leaking precum into my boxer briefs and jeans. I reached down, eagerly rubbing myself as this older, married man fucked my mouth with his thumb. It was exhilarating. But then he stopped.

Michael slipped his thumb from my mouth and looked down at me. I looked up, afraid that I had done something wrong. He slowly unbuttoned and unzipped his pants, revealing a large bulge under a pair of white briefs. I stared at his bulge. I could smell him, but just slightly. A sweet musk emanating from his covered member. My mouth started to water. Using the hand on the back of my head, Michael pushed my face forward into his bulge. I felt the outline of his cock against my face. I could feel its heat now. And I could smell it too, its deep musk wafting into my nostrils as he buried my face into his crotch.

I practically lost myself in his crotch. I brought my hands up to Michael's thighs, feeling the strong muscles under my fingers. The heat and musk of his cock washed over me as he held me in place. Then, his cock throbbed. A deep throb right against my face. I couldn't control myself. I let out a soft whimper and exploded into my jeans, my body bucking as I came hands-free. Michael held me against his bulge, his cock pulsing against my cheek through my orgasm.

When my body finally stopped shuddering, Michael lifted his hand from my head and I pulled back to take in a deep breath. The reality of what just happened started to set in and I looked up at Michael in complete horror and shame. Michael simply leaned down and pressed a soft kiss to my forehead.

"Go get cleaned up and head home. I'll see you tomorrow."