All Comments on 'Adjusting My Attitude Pt. 03'

by Carl_Bradford

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
teehaateehaaover 4 years ago
Good so far...

It is more or less a mirror of nickys experience. As a well educated intelligent person they get more or less undamaged through the enslaving procedure. I hope.

But the really dangourous part is still to come. Nickys risk was to have to go to a brothel. But her slavelife was completely compartementelized from her normal life. Laura could intentionally or unintentionally ruin his complete life. Make a mess out of every relationship. And leave him completely damaged. I ought to say that out of every protagonist so far. He is in the most vulnerable position because laura can ruin his personal life completely.

Changing his friendships. Altering his social status with other people. She could even parade him around in front of his parents. What a damn mess.

Carl_BradfordCarl_Bradfordover 4 years agoAuthor
Mirror Image

Dear Teehaa: Yes, to some extent this is a mirror image of my previous stories, although male slaves may have different things to fear than females, and as you said Dan's motivation makes him especially vulnerable. In the interests of equal opportunity, I thought it was time to examine the problems of a male slave--it would be chauvinistic to assume that only women would be exploited in a Texas where slavery was again legal.

As you'll see in Pt.04, Laura really does care about Dan even as she applies tough love. Yes, she will expose him to two of his friends, and yes, in a few cases she will push him too far. Fixing that will involve guest appearances from some of my previous characters (Pt. 06). Some of Dan's experiences will be deplorable, but that's inherent in legalized slavery. I won't promise a HEA ending, but (spoiler alert) your worst fears will probably not come true in this story.

ZZchromosomeZZchromosomeover 4 years ago

Teehaa, you nailed it. I've always thought the most painful and humiliating aspect of someone being enslaved would be for people from their former life as a free person see them or, worse, use them in some way. We'll see where this goes, the dramatic tension is very high.

KansalainenKansalainenover 3 years ago
Fantastic

You are a very talented writer

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous