Adventure of Rekka Ch. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

“All right. I’m going to go poke the bear again. She’ll need new orders if I’m going to deal with this new Order,” Bill said.

He patted Rekka on the back and went to interrupt the festivities. Rekka and Tabitha padded over to the window, ready to save Bill from himself if the hero tried anything. Bill smiled at them, nodding his thanks. Stupid as this was, it was necessary.

Evil stalked forth to once again torment mankind's heroic guardians.

-

“Fuck, Teresa! Please, give me a moment,” Marcus gasped, flopping to his side and breathing deeply.

“Marcus.. We need to be sure, come, this is no more strenuous than sparring,” Teresa grumped halfheartedly as she rubbed his shoulders for a moment.

She decided to relent, snuggling into him while he heaved out breaths and put his arm around her. They cuddled together, feeling content and happy. She’d nearly forgotten why they were there, so wonderful she found this new relationship to be. Cold reality hit her in the face as the door swung open and the vilest evil revealed itself.

“Stinks like sex in here,” Bill greeted them.

“You! How fucking dare you!” she screamed, covering herself with the blanket. Marcus struggled to a seated position to glare at the intruder.

“Uh oh, look who’s eaten from the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil,” Bill taunted.

“What?” she asked.

“You didn’t seem to care about being naked before. Why cover yourself now?” he asked.

“W-what? I.. I don’t..” Teresa said, unsure herself. Surely her body was nothing to be ashamed of. It wasn’t cold, even with the door wide open. She only knew that she did not want this man to look upon her.

“Looks like one of His sheep has been led astray. Damn, maybe I am the devil. How’s it feel to be a monster?” Bill asked, “You’re in good company for it.” He dragged a chair over and straddled it with the back facing them, laying his arms on the backrest.

“The only monster here is you,” Marcus snarled.

“I’ll agree that I’m a monster, but now so is she. Well, it’s more correct to say she’s committed what you believe is the sin these girls are responsible for. One less man for humanity. Won’t be passing those heroic genes down to anyone but little valkyrie girls I’m guessing,” Bill said.

Teresa brightened at his last statement, anything perhaps confirming she could receive children giving her hope.

“I won’t hear one more word from you, damn you-” Marcus began, working his way to his feet.

“If he gets out of that bed, I want you to beat the ever living shit out of him. Then I want you to slap yourself in the face as hard as you can until I tell you to stop,” Bill ordered.

He turned to wink at Rekka through the window. She looked furious, ready to crash through the window and tear Marcus apart. Bill’s confident smile for her was the only thing that held her back.

Marcus’s growl was a fair imitation of Rekka’s. He jerked his feet away from the edge of the mattress to scowl at him. Bill winked again at Rekka, then turned back to Marcus. His expression returned to the cold fury the hero deserved.

“Shut up and listen. What you did here is no different than what those women go through. You took advantage of her and she did the same. I’m your own personal Demon Lord. I didn’t give you a choice. Now the entire world will see you as evil, even the people who’d cheered you on to heroically kill us. If I’m right about how they’d see this. Usually am.”

Bill was fairly certain this Church of theirs would not like this development one bit.

He continued, “And all you did was love each other.”

“The only thing we did is love each other, monster,” Marcus replied, pulling Teresa to him protectively.

“Yeah. That’s what I said. You didn’t have a choice. Yesterday, could you see any of this happening? I bet you think your relationship is some happy little miracle. Sorry. I had a high orc standing outside your door the entire time. I’m sure she’s told you about those. You would have fucked anything I locked you in here with. Sure, might have taken you a while, but the result would be no different. How does it feel? Which of us is the bad guy?” Bill asked.

“Fucking you are you fuck!” Teresa screeched, furious.

Exactly. Fucking exactly, Teresa. You need to understand that. This is what the Demon Lord did to these women. You’ve been hating victims. Heroes like you have been killing victims of a crime so heinous there is no punishment great enough for it. They’re people, just like you, who had their free will taken from them. They can’t help themselves, the Demon Lord’s magic won’t let them. One major difference between you and them. They don’t go around killing people and carving them up for trinkets and potions. They try to live their lives with as much happiness they can get. They don’t murder children, babies,” Bill explained.

He only just managed not to begin shouting at them, throwing his chair into Marcus’s heroic fucking face. It’d be appropriate, but not helpful.

“We’re nothing like you or these demons, nothing! What we have is pure, beautiful!” Marcus roared.

Bill rolled his eyes, then pointed at the angel.

“Teresa, I order you to think about what I said. Think hard. Don’t turn away from uncomfortable truths. Find the lie in my words,” Bill commanded, holding her gaze.

Teresa went still, staring at nothing, deep in thought as ordered. After a moment her shoulders hunched, drawing into herself. Her face had gone pale, her eyes haunted. With a small cry of anguish she fell to her side into one wing, hiding her face with her hands and folding the other wing over her as she tried to make herself as small as possible.

“What did you do to her, damn you?” Marcus cried, pushing himself forward.

“The previous order still stands, Marcus. I’ll let her explain it to you, clearly you won’t hear it from me. Teresa, tell him,” Bill ordered.

“He is right. They cannot help themselves. They are not in control of their own actions. Oh, Marcus.. We have been so wrong. So very wrong. Everything is wrong. Why could I not see it before? It is the Demon Lord, only the Demon Lord we should be fighting. Why are we here? It is not.. good, not valorous,” she whispered, shaking with the horror of what they had nearly done.

“What? What do you mean, Teresa? We’re fighting for humanity’s future! The demons have always been a plague, just because they aren’t shaped like monsters anymore doesn’t change anything!” Marcus cried, trying to reach her. He locked his eyes onto Bill then.

“You’ve done something to her mind, damn you. I’ll never forgive this. Never. When you make a mistake your life will be mine, devil,” he promised, staring death.

“You’re right. I did. I let her see the truth. You’ve all been fighting this stupid war for so long anything besides fighting is unthinkable for you. Well, she’s thought about it and now she’s seeing what I see. I’m not sure if I can force her to believe anything with an order, and I’d rather not find out. I may be the bad guy, but I’ve got standards. Still, so help me God, I will do anything to keep my people safe. Even if I have to lose every bit of my soul to do it. So you’d better listen hard when she gives you the true gospel,” Bill ordered, not impressed with the hero’s anger.

“Marcus, don’t, he is right. If only in this. He’s a fucking.. fuck, but he’s not evil. I think. Not entirely. I don’t know what he means to do, but he is right about this.. the fighting. Our.. fucking quest. I wish we had never come here. I fucking wish so very many things were different,” she said softly, still curled up.

“The word you’re looking for is asshole. Or prick. Son of a bitch would work in a pinch. Stick around, you’ll learn all sorts of new words from us. We’re damn near poetic at times.”

Teresa uncurled a bit to look at him with wonder.

“You’re a fucking asshole,” she stated.

“There you go,” he said softly.

“We aren’t monsters, and neither are you. Though you were very close to becoming monsters. I was telling the truth when we killed no one here. Haven’t you people noticed that these women only capture men? It’s still terrible, I’ll agree, but like I said. They can’t help it. I doubt very much you’ll see them kill unless their own lives are at stake. Or their families. They love men, they love their husbands. They love their children. I know this can’t last, but there has to be some other way besides killing each other. It’s beyond stupid. Hell, it was stupid before the Demon Lord changed them,” Bill told them, hoping he could reach them in some way.

“I’m trying very hard not to hate you. So fucking hard. Think about the other heroes that came and went since this mess with the newest Demon Lord began. You think they didn’t kill the children of these women? It drives me insane thinking about it. You should see the kids, they’re just fucking kids. They’re so adorable I don’t have the words. They play, they love their mothers. They love their fathers. They don’t deserve all this. I want them to have a future. You’re supposed to be heroes, what would you have done if after you’d killed all the brave and terrified people on that wall and found orphans hiding under their beds?” Bill asked, nearly driven to tears as he glared his fury at them.

“I.. I don’t.. I didn’t think..” Marcus replied, looking into Teresa’s eyes, shock and horror writ clear on his face.

Teresa was openly crying, lifting a hand to cup Marcus’s cheek. “Yes, we didn’t think.. My teachers.. they did not speak of it. Those.. fucking assholes.. they must have known of this. They must have. Oh, Marcus, please listen to him. You’re a hero. You’re so very good, so valorous. I’m sorry I was so blind.. that I did not know to teach you this. I’m so.. I’m so relieved he stopped us. You should see this town, I could not understand before. It is no different than any we have visited. Perhaps.. perhaps far more peaceful and happy than even those.”

“I.. I don’t know, Teresa. I don’t think.. no, I’m certain I could not harm a child. Demon or not. I don’t know what we would have done. Still, I do not trust this man. This could all be some trick, some design of the Demon Lord. I don’t.. I don’t want to kill, but I will not allow you to be harmed. I will find some way to free you. We can just go far away. We will have children, some way. Somehow. If I am truly a hero, I will find some way to do this for you.. but, I’m sorry, this man cannot be trusted. At the very least we can.. we can abandon my quest,” Marcus promised, looking at Teresa with love. Then he turned his eyes to glare at the man holding her captive.

“Shit, I hope you’re not lying, Marky. I’d love to just kick you out of this town and forget I ever met you. Trouble is, I can’t trust you either. You’re too fucking dangerous. I will fucking end you if you harm my people. I’ve got plenty of ideas to do it, so don’t think you’re safe because you’re a scary motherfucker. Hell, Teresa would be free then. I’d order her to leave and never come back. You willing to die for her?” Bill asked.

“Yes. I’d die for her. I’d kill for her. I can’t trust your word, you’re obviously some.. scoundrel. Even if you are not.. if you are somehow not.. You would use her to keep your people safe. I cannot leave her alone in your clutches. I will free her,” Marcus replied, his words filled with conviction.

“Hell. You’re probably right. It would be nice to have an angel guarding those walls. I’m not sure I could deal with her mourning you, though. Crying women break my heart. I’m only managing because you might just be a fucking liar, too. I get what you’re saying, fucking believe me I do. If you had so much as harmed a hair on my wife’s head I would have destroyed you.”

“This world thinks it knows war? If she dies.. if she fucking dies,” Bill said, his voice shaking as he stared at his hands. Bill was hurting just thinking about it. He’d not felt anything remotely like this since he was a child, not since.. Shaking his head he looked into Marcus’s eyes.

“I will burn this world to ashes. I’d be the monster you believe I am.. no, I would make your Demon Lords look like fucking saints. I’d lose my mind. I live for Rekka. You better believe I’d kill for her. I’d kill anyone to keep her safe. I’d make this world hell on earth. The devil would be sick at the sight.”

Marcus felt an unfamiliar tremor of fear run through his body. He did not know if this man was capable of even half of what he claimed.. but he knew he was speaking the truth. Bill finally sighed, seeming to lose some of his cold fury.

“I really wish I could believe you, Marky. I’d toss you two out of this town with a fond farewell and a merry fuck off. If I was certain you’d leave, just leave and never come back.. Never harm a woman or child. I’d do it. In a second. I don’t like what I’ve done to Teresa. It was just the only thing I could do to keep you two alive, keep my people alive. I fucking enslaved an angel.. Christ, when my time comes.. answering for that is going to be interesting.”

Bill laughed quietly, wondering if he’d be able to bullshit his way out of that punishment he dearly deserved. He’d managed it fairly often, maybe the devil was as dumb as these two.

Teresa surprised him by speaking up.

“I.. If you are true.. If you are truly doing all this for.. for good and valorous reasons.. You would not be punished. If you are true.. I cannot but accept my fate. If you truly did this to save these people from us. It would be right. If I could not accept this I would be.. a.. a motherfucker?” she asked, being curious since the man had spoken it.

Bill laughed, he couldn’t help himself. He dearly hoped at the very least these two would consider what he’d said today. They made a cute couple, and before all this he would have found them charming.

“I don’t know, Teresa. I guess so, but I suppose I’ll find out. I’ll find out if you’re a motherfucker. I’ll find out if I’ve damned myself,” Bill said quietly. Then he looked at her with a smirk and spoke.

“I guess I should explain it to you, not like I can get any more damned than I already am. It’s funny as hell to hear an angel swearing her ass off. Motherfucker has a lot of uses, and doesn’t literally mean fucking a mother. I think. Hell, I really don’t know come to think of it. Generally means the same as asshole. It can even be a compliment if you add bad in front of it,” Bill explained, chuckling as she began to open her mouth. “No, I can see you’re confused. Where I come from, bad can mean good. I don’t fucking know why. Just don’t think that’s some obvious clue that where I come from is evil. The place sucks, but it’s just another place. Just slang.” Bill shrugged.

Teresa seemed to be concentrating, her lips moving as she considered this new revelation. Finally she nodded, looking into Bill’s eyes.

“I think you may.. possibly.. be a bad motherfucker.”

Bill laughed, surprised he was starting to enjoy speaking to her.

“That’s what my purse says, anyway. It’s pretty fun knowing way more than the average person roaming this world. Still, seems like half my jokes are just for me. Even Larry thinks I’m weird. I’ll have to start explaining myself so some of these people can laugh along with me instead of looking at me like I’m crazy.”

“I see.. Can.. can I ask you something?” the angel said, looking nervous and hopeful.

“Yeah, shoot,” Bill said, pointing at her. Teresa decided that this was probably an affirmative.

Bill’s inner-genie was furiously berating him, that slip up could have been a very helpful order for her.

“You say you know much.. have you.. have you heard of a valkyrie having a baby? I would be so happy if this was possible, so fucking happy,” she pleaded, sitting up to put her arms around Marcus.

“Shit, Teresa. I’m not one hundred percent, but if what I’ve been thinking.. you’ll probably have a whole tribe of adorable winged girls running around in a few years. I’d put fucking money on it,” Bill told her, rooting for her despite himself. He just hoped they could all make it out of this alive first.

Bill figured he’d be pretty good at handling any nitroglycerin Larry managed to squeeze out of that slimy woman. After this experience he would surely be an expert in dealing with anything dangerous and volatile. He had to believe that was the case, if he fucked this up it would only end in tears. Teresa couldn’t even wait for that apparently.

Teresa had begun crying once again, only tears of happiness this time.

“I fucking hope you are right, Biggius, I fucking hope so much.. I would take such good care of a.. of my baby. I would love her so fucking much,” Teresa gushed, closing her wings about Marcus as she hugged him with all her strength. Marcus squeezed her back, warming so very slightly to the evil man. He had made Teresa so happy, it was hard to hate him. Bill’s sudden laughter shocked them both.

“Ah, sorry, I wasn’t laughing at your happiness, I’m not that kind of asshole. My name’s Bill. Biggius Dickius is another joke you people just won’t get no matter how often I pull that shit. Teresa, I figured you might have understood it, you got a laugh out of it.. right up until not a damn thing was funny anymore,” Bill explained, losing his grin as he finished speaking.

Teresa looked a little embarrassed then, surprising both of the men, before nodding and saying, “Um, yes. Dickius.. it sounds a bit like.. another word for cock, yes? I am sure you have heard it before, you’re very well versed in human anatomy. I shouldn’t have laughed at someone’s name, it was impolite.” She had begun to feel a little bad for the man to have such an unfortunate name. She should not have been so rude as to laugh at someone for such things. Hearing it was a joke made her feel much better.

“Yeah, no worries on that, at least. There’s very few things in this world that would shame me, not since I switched out my tattoo. You get it now, right, Marky? Biggius. Big. I swear, you people hang an -ius on something and it’s somehow a name. I was sure the first time I used it Scipio would burst out laughing, right up until the joke ended, doubt he found that funny. Hell, he’s one of my best friends now, he might even feel the same. He met his wife because of me. I’m almost certain he doesn’t regret meeting me anymore. I wouldn’t bet my life on it, though.”

“What? Big.. Dickius. No!” Marcus groaned, placing a hand over his eyes in disgust. “How could I not have seen it?” He shook his head ruefully, disappointed in himself.

“Don’t worry. You’re not the first. Hopefully not the last, I’ve been enjoying the hell out of being Biggius Dickius, guys a damned laugh riot,” Bill said, smiling out the window at Rekka, who’d relaxed a bit as the atmosphere in the room had changed. Just watching her calmed his heart, let him enjoy this fucked up situation.

Rekka smiled back, then immediately returned her glare to Marcus. She would be on him if he moved so much as a hair closer to her husband. She would fight anything, face any stupid hero to keep Bill safe. She told herself she really would kick her husband's ass if he got hurt again.. after Helena healed him. She very nearly believed it, but knew she’d only be grateful to Helena.. Deeply grateful if her amazing and gentle friend were always around when Bill inevitably did something stupid.

Teresa was looking thoughtful, impressed Bill was able to find so many uses for such delightful words.

“Yes.. I see it now, it’s very interesting. I.. I like the sound of it. Dick is very nearly as funny as cock, you agree? Marcus would make a fine Biggius Dickius, his is very large you know, it feels wonderful to fuck him. I believe.. even if I cannot have a baby I would want to keep fucking him anyway,” Teresa said, managing for once to not feel too terribly sad at the thought of not having a baby. Marcus’s baby. She shivered excitedly at the thought.