All Comments on 'Adventures in Open Marriage'

by swingerjoe

Sort by:
  • 41 Comments
DragonFistingDragonFistingalmost 10 years ago
works for some

Depends on each person. Some women I knew, fell in love easily in the lifestyle, and develop attachment to their partner for the night. Closest I came to swinging is fuck buddy, or a poly relationship. I love the fuck buddy, but the poly got too complicated. It really depends on your brain biochemistry. Oxytocin is released during sex, and causes bonds of attachment. So it could be dependant on how much the oxytocin affects you. Okay story, it reads more like an account.

javmor79javmor79almost 10 years ago
Open marriage not for me, but that doesn't make it wrong

Wow. Nice story. I can honestly say that the swinging or open marriage is not for me. I can see how it would benefit some couples. I admire them on their adventurous endeavors. But I can say that I would rather be single than to be married like that.

For one, it seems that even if the couple's core relationship remains intact, it leaves too many broken hearts in its wake. People have a natural inclination to want evolution from a relationship. It may start off as sex, but as humans we are naturally drawn to evolve and grow closer. If you are the third wheel, you are doing yourself a serious disservice. The third wheels in this story felt the brunt of that. While the couple remained intact, the hearts that were broken are just as important.

For another, I see sex with my wife as something special. There is a connection there that is beyond physical. It seems that with the swinging lifestyle, sex is just a something that feels good. It is almost like eating a big bowl of ice cream. It feels good, it tastes good, you love doing it, but you will never be satisfied and will be hungry soon after. It did nothing but add empty calories to your body, and you still have to eat more to get the nutrients that you need. I view sex as something more than physical. My wife does too. Now granted, my wife and I are VERY unselfish lovers and try to bring each other the most pleasure as possible, so for us to say that is easy. I know that there are many people out there who can not get off with their significant other. I feel that this is the case because sex hasn't progressed any further than being physical.

I feel that if a couple works at it, then their partner will know their body and their mind more than ANY other person in the world. That is what is going to make sex special. Not the orgasm. I know that it sounds cliché and like a fairy tale, but its possible to do. Besides my wife and I, there is another couple that I know who are just as hungry for each other as they were when they were first married.

I'm not saying that the swinging or open lifestyle is wrong. I think that they are built on a different foundation than monogamous marriages. But there are people, like swingingjoe, who live in these marriages and are quite happy. If they are happy in their marriages, isn't that the point? Forget what people expect marriage to look like. If two people are in it for the long haul, then they have to do what fits them. What works for some won't work for others. I have my point of view, but this universe is too big for it to be the only right one.

calclovercalcloveralmost 10 years ago
javmor79 Said it well

Not my cup of tea but a well written story of a different lifestyle.Seems to me whatever works for.them but..... there is always that fear of attachment.Hard to avoid

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
In a word......

NO! Why would I care? Swingers are just single people waiting to happen. If you want to fuck other people, why get married? Just live together common law and do your thing. Marriage is all about commitment, and swingers never met a promise they wouldn't break, so why make the promise? It just seems like silly self destructive behaviour to me.

Tim413413Tim413413almost 10 years ago
Obviously,

this story's star average should be +/- 4.00. Too many readers must have read the title, knew they didn't like open marriage stories, read or didn't read story, and rated it low to show their displeasure with the subject. Rate the story!

I have no idea what alternative lifestyles are like, but I assume this story could happen in real life (for some folks). Some of the characters could have been more fleshed out, but that might have made the story too long. Additionally, the mechanics were nearly perfect. I AM GLAD I IGNORED THE STAR RATING AND READ IT. (THE TITLE DID NOT OFFEND ME AND I HAVE ENJOYED PREVIOUS sj STORIES.)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Wrong category

1*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
1*

Clear enough, Tim? What are you, the spokesman for this cucky?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
"Wrong category?" Fucking seriously??

"Married extra-marital fun; swinging, sharing and more."

What part of that description do you fucking BTB morons not understand?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
"Cuck?"

It's interesting that whenever a story involves a wife who has extra-marital sex, the husband (and the author) is called a "cuck", and the readers complain that the husband isn't having any extra-marital fun of his own.

And yet, here's a story where BOTH spouses are having extra-marital fun, and readers are still calling the author a "cuck" and one-starring the story without even reading it.

I guess you can't even please most of the people most of the time.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Swingerjoe this is a real well written thoughtful story

and hot as all hell. Fantastic job, well done! 5*

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggalmost 10 years ago
Well written, but the narrator and his wife's control far exceeds most people 'in the game'

The reason why swinging gets a bad rap is so many couples' don't have the foundation that this couple does. Together they navigate the numerous pitfalls and come out smelling like a pair of collective roses. Most couples wouldn't. The author definitely relates the adventures with elan . The flaws of the outsiders that extinguishes the initial carnal flame are related well.

There are some credibility hiccups - what kind of man is content to let his wife cat around and remain utterly confident that there is no threat to their relationship ? Its far fetched but yes its possible. In the end, Swinger Joe's literary nuances won me over as a reader - all the while confirming that this corner of the ' open marriage' pool is a bit too deep for my liking.

I incredulously rate this story at full marks. My admiration for style trumps the usually reflexive need to believe *****.

gordo12gordo12almost 10 years ago
To: In a word......

"Swingers are just single people waiting to happen."

If you read some of the research you'd discover that swingers have a divorce rate of around 5% compared to the 50% of the gen pop. They also report higher satisfaction and happiness in their marriages. Hardly single people waiting to happen.

Argue the facts not your erroneous beliefs....

gordo12gordo12almost 10 years ago
Sorry forgot to add:

Great story 4*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
1*

I think the score speaks for itself.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
# 1

# 1

Goodtx2010Goodtx2010almost 10 years ago
Good Story

I like the originalty of the story. 5* from me!

I'll never understand the mindset of people that open a story that is clearly about swinging or consensual open relationships only to bash the idea of it. Makes no sense to me. Thanks for sharing your story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Great Read!

I found the story very hot, and very believable. Speaking from first-hand experience, I could relate to much of the story. Good writing style, and I liked how the story opened. It is a shame that some readers are so judgmental.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
re: gordo12

Where did you get your facts from? Made them up, I bet. I chuckle how so many of these swingers flame others who disagree with their concept of marriage. Pisses them off. lol What a sorry bunch of sickos, no wonder loving wives has turned into "cuckerotica". A haven for the sickos with a fetish.

greowulfgreowulfalmost 10 years ago
okay writing

But no conflict, climax, or excitement. Nothing to hold the interest. I found myself skimming after the first couple pages to see if anything interesting would happen--it didn't. I DID find it interesting that what was clearly a justification piece ended up pointing out a flaw in the "open marriage" schtick. Wifey lost interest in hubbie after her lovers were gone. How sad. Who wants to realize that you are only exciting to your mate when she can tell you about her exploits. With someone else?

Oh, and the divorce percentages below clearly come from the "Encyclopedia of Made-Up Shit". C'mon, Gordo. If you're going to claim to argue from facts, come forward with some facts. I'll give you $50 if you come up with a legitimate source for that statistic.

swingerjoeswingerjoealmost 10 years agoAuthor
To greowolf

Bergstrand and Williams, Bellarmine University, 2000.

Google it.

Yes, not every story ends with divorce, death, dismemberment and/or drama. I'm happy to say this story ends the way that most do in real life.

MalbionMalbionalmost 10 years ago
A real loving couple

I enjoyed reading your story and understand that an open marriage is the most loving and selfless of all. Let's hear some more. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Erotic

Very good story.

irvlynirvlynover 9 years ago
Thanks for this ....

My wife and I did this thirty years ago when we were young and adventurous and sexually powerful. There is a difference between loving the sex and loving the person -- so much, you can't disentangle it from sex. That's how she and I were able to live an exquisite life then, and a long, happy and ardent life ever since.

Not everyone can pull it off, but when you do, it's spectacular! Fuck the moralists; if what I'm doing doesn't hurt anyone else -- including me -- it's cool.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
been there done that

with two wives over a period of 45 years

SigintSigintabout 9 years ago
That's What An Open Marriage Should Be

Glad for you that you're happy and successful.

impo_60impo_60about 9 years ago
Marriage?

Marriage? What marriage? They only shared the same house!!! 1*

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
That is what an open marriage is;

I saw the comment of what marriage; all an open marriage is are fuck buddies with a piece of paper. I thought the story was good for what you were trying to get across.

swingerjoeswingerjoeover 8 years agoAuthor
Re. Open marriage

An open marriage is exactly like every other marriage, except you get to have sex with other people besides your spouse. That's it. Just sex. I'm always amazed to see grown adults consider sex to have such magical qualities that it can actually change the dynamics of a marriage. Either you love your spouse or you don't. Having sex doesn't change that.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
what a open marriage means is you are not enough for your wife or she for you.

There is a big chance one or both find someone they like better, hurt feelings because the couple may not form attachments but the fuck buddies will, S.T.D.s and ect. SwingerJoe is not a guy you would trust around your wife, your daughter or your money, he has the morals of a dog.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
More tantrums!

For years cuckoldry stories are posted on this site and people enjoy them as fantasy stories.

And for years some people who hate cuckoldry read them to feel angry and attack authors on the basis of their own tastes, having read the story knowing they will feel angry.

At the very least these psychotic people should thank the authors for a free form of therapy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Thanks SJ!! Now as one hath noted, this is a recitation, not necessarily a "story"..

So what? He lets you know right in the description it is not a created piece!

For the OM and cuckold haters, I don't think an OM necessarily means either spouse is deficient or lacking. It just means both spouses are allowed to have sex with others. Almost no one is going to be perfection to any partner in a total mental/psycho/romantic/sexual sense. How important is it for that to all be obtained from just one sex partner? Depends on an individual value judgement, right?

I don't think I would ever want what SJ describes here, but I can see how it could work for some people I know.

For me, if I found someone I wanted to be with enough to marry, the risk of losing them to a new lover would outweigh the benefits, To each his own. OldBearSwitch.

silentsoundsilentsoundabout 7 years ago
Ok not my thing

Not into swinging and sharing but this was entertaining and fun to read.

Too bad Sabrina wasn't hot for her husband unless she was getting plowed by another man.

Guess he didn't do it for her anymore.

enderlocke77enderlocke77about 6 years ago
ok

didnt rate not even sure why im commenting. thot i would try a swinging story but just dont get it. seemed a bit boring to me like i said tho i dont really get swinging. that being said why is a single person on a swinger's website, and why is the swinging website letting a single person. really dont understand why these ppl are married they sound like roommates with benefits owell idk like i said i dont get swingers or open marriages lol

FirstSgtBillFirstSgtBillalmost 6 years ago
Fun Story, More Open Marrage Than Swingers

Fun story & fairly good descriptions of sexual activities. Good story line. Kind of "like" some of my swinging experience, kind of different too. Good Job!

thecarolinadreamerthecarolinadreameralmost 6 years ago
Five stars from the Lowcountry

Might be an oldie, but still a goodie; and if it's the first time I read it, it's just like a brand new story. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Stupidity runs amok

These are people looking for an excuse to divorce. They're bored with their love life. When his wife finds a man with a bigger cock, or one that uses his cock better, or gets her pregnant, she'll file for a divorce. When she finds a man with more money or her "soul mate" she'll divorce him. Sex is the most intimate thing two people can share. And Swingerjoe thinks that having sex with other people won't effect their marriage? What planet are you living on? Of course it will have an effect on their marriage. If it didn't have any effect, why bother having sex unless you're going to make a baby? This has to be one of the sorriest and dumbest stories yet. Willing cuckolds, cheating sluts and just plain dumb people populated this story. What's sexy, erotic or entertaining about that?

No stars

26thNC26thNCalmost 5 years ago
No score

Won't score this as it is so far out of my range of comprehension. Why be married in the first place?

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Why be married

If you are going off with someone else and having better sex. Eventually spending more time with that person than your spouse. They are clearly bored with each other so why stay married. It was obvious that the wife wanted to hook up alone and that's why she found a single guy. The sex with hubby was just pity sex. The only good part is hubby found a hotter woman to have better sex with and left his heartless wife to do whatever. He should have moved in with Beth. That would have been sweet to shove in the heartless Cunt's face.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
It's Fiction

Except that tag line that promises a "what it's like" story that doesn't deliver. If you're going to promise something, Do some research first. Because it's not like this at all for 99% of open marriages.

On the other hand, maybe the stag line was fiction...

BeauReadyBeauReadyover 2 years ago
Left Hanging

No conclusion, I feel like I'm left just hanging there; like the story just peters out because of a lack of words. Rather pointless and unsatisfying.

MightyheartMightyheartabout 2 years ago

Why marry if you want such a relationship ?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userswingerjoe@swingerjoe
Update, 4/23/19 Every once in a while, I forget why I don't write here as often anymore. Then I submit a story and remember, "Oh, yeah! That's why!" This site, and especially the Loving Wives category, used to be a great deal of fun. But then some spammer began leaving anonym...