Adventures of Tess Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

There was nothing and he complained bitterly, obviously concerned that his time was being wasted.

Tess urged orange juice and coffee on Mark, further irritating him, and seemed happy that there was no news.

"Perhaps we will hear tomorrow," she said insincerely, "Before the ship leaves."

"The ship sails tomorrow afternoon," Mark snapped, "I'm not paying unless I have time to inspect the merchandise."

Tess started to speak but then nervously stopped herself.

"Just say it, Alice. Whatever you have to say," Mark demanded in a long suffering tone.

"I just wondered, about the slave. Well," Tess blushed and looked at her hands, "What will happen when we start a family?"

Mark burst out laughing, "Well obviously I'm not going to keep some slave around my children. I'll sell him. Although he'll probably be too damaged. More likely just dispose of him. That would be safer."

He stood and moved behind Tess. Kissing her hair in a parody of affection before sliding his hands around her throat. "What did you think, Pumpkin. That I was going to keep him?"

He squeezed and made Tess gasp, "I want to break him. Not start a collection!"

The hardest part of the day was maintaining an aura of frustrated moodiness as they explored the city.

It was so different to anything they had experienced before, and they understood that they would never be able to return.

Tess found the food and the people fascinating and deep inside enjoyed exploring very much.

Neither of them had any doubt that contact would be made. The only question was, would it be Simon?

That night, exaggerating a fury that was more fear and tension, Mark hung Tess from the ceiling by her wrists and whipped her with his belt until she damn near passed out.

Tess wrapped herself in a sheet and slept in the bathroom.

They both knew if she returned to the bed, Mark would not be able to stop himself from comforting her.

She was exhausted. The hard use, which she loved and craved, but without the usual aftercare, was starting to wear on them both.

-X

Tess was a step behind Mark as they entered a large room and she saw the body hanging from a heavy-duty frame set in the centre.

At first her mind refused to accept this could be Simon.

Her eyes were wide as Mark indicated she should sit. She sank, shaking, on to a cushion placed near a couch. Watching as Mark, his face expressionless, walked slowly around the frame, studying the inert figure.

Simon hung limp from his wrists. His head low, chin on his chest, which was barely moving. Matted hair mostly covering his bruised face. Not much of his face could be seen past the hair, beard, plus gag and blindfold, but Tess could see his cheeks looked hollow and he was terribly pale.

A token effort had been made to wipe the blood and muck from his body, but the welts, bruises and other damage was clear and there was ingrained dirt around his hands and feet.

There were chains around his ankles to match the ones on his wrists, holding his feet slightly apart. His balls were swollen and red, with wounds Tess could not make out, but she recognized the signs of canning on his flaccid cock. Matching lines had scored his back, on view when they entered the room.

Tess didn't try to stop the tears from running down her cheeks. No one would suspect her, they already knew she was upset, but she knew that Mark's heart would be heavy to see his friend so sorely abused and broken.

Mark stopped and eyed Ali, "He looks barely alive," he accused. Keeping his voice low and rough, his accent exaggerated so that Simon would not recognize his voice and endanger them all.

"Oh, don't worry," Ali smiled gently and reached for Simon's cock, starting to stroke him roughly, "It's the opium. It keeps him docile but also allows us to stimulate him. He is very strong, very reactive."

Simon's head had risen as soon as Ali touched him, and he moaned behind the gag. Shaking his head as if in denial as his cock stirred in Ali's hard grip.

"Very strong," Ali repeated as he released Simon, now bobbing at half mast, and breathing hard.

Mark reached out and gripped Simon's chin, causing him to go still, ceasing his weak and useless struggles, "Why the gag?"

"His language and threats are very offensive," Ali explained, with no hint of irony.

"Will he take cock?" Mark asked, running his thumb along Simon's bottom lip, and hissing when Simon weakly wrenched his head back.

Ali chuckled, "I understood that you were happy to train him yourself. Me, I would not risk my manhood near his teeth, but maybe you have a plan. Or you remove the teeth?" he shrugged, uncaring.

Mark had gripped Simon's hair and once again ran his thumb along where the gag and lip met. Hissing again as Simon struggled and complained behind the gag.

"Oh, I can train him," Mark cautioned as he placed his large hand over the gag and Simon's mouth at the same time as he pinched his nose closed.

Ali chuckled as he watched Mark smother Simon, a look of thrill and hunger on his face. Simon struggled weakly at first, but then more panicked as his breath was stopped.

His stomach was straining, his cock rock hard before Mark let him draw a quick breath through his nostrils before blocking again.

"You kill him, you've purchased him," Ali warned quietly.

Mark nodded and released Simon, reaching down, and examining his now fully erect cock.

"You assured me that he does not enjoy pain," he queried, once again circling the now shaking and sobbing figure.

"He does not," Ali confirmed, "but he is easily stimulated." He gave Simon's cock a quick slap, "And you just half asphyxiated him."

Mark circled again, running his hands over Simon's body, his butt and around his chest and abs, "And he speaks good English?"

Ali lit up in a knowing smile, "Mr O'Leary, forgive me if I was unclear. He is English."

Mark took a step back, a look of shock on his face, "English?"

Ali laughed, pleased to have taken the arrogant foreigner by surprise, "Indeed. An Englishman, born and breed."

Mark gazed at the quivering, vulnerable body for a moment in wonder, before swinging his fist hard into Simon's midsection.

Simon grunted and choked around the gag, the entire frame rocking with the punch.

"English bastard," Mark growled as he stepped back, "I'll take him. I'll break him myself."

Ali smiled in delight and clapped his hands. Servants came running.

"Pack up Mr O'Leary's goods and get it ready for transport," he instructed. Indicating Tess and Mark should follow him into the adjoining room, "We have a travel trunk ready to go, it will not look misplaced in your luggage."

"You are most kind," Mark told him.

"My men will load it with your other luggage, it was wise to bring it along. They will help you transport it all to your cabin."

"Thank you again," Mark said gratefully.

"Here, have tea. It will cool you, and make more pleasant the bitter necessity of finance."

Tess thanked Ali politely and sipped her tea, her stomach rolling as he and Mark completed the transaction.

The ship was due to sail in two hours.

Two hours and they would be safe.

-X

Trunks and cases piled in their cabin. Mark and Tess had tipped Ali's men (although it was beneath Robert O'Leary to thank them) and then wandered out to wave Hong Kong away, maintaining their charade until they were outside of the port.

Their instructions had been to wait for contact to be made to confirm they were safe. Far enough away that the ship could not be returned to port.

It was the longest fifty minutes of her life, but eventually a man in his late 40's approached them.

"Dr Henry Morris," he said holding out his hand to Mark and then Tess. "Army," he explained and held out identification for Mark to examine.

"We're pleased to meet you Doctor," Mark said.

"Jolly good job, I have to say. My cabin adjoins yours, shall we go and see what's what? Don't want to leave a fellow 'Tom' languishing in that damn trunk."

Tess felt that she would like Dr Morris straight away, as they hurried to the cabin and to the trunk. He seemed both capable and concerned. A combination that appealed to her.

Mark reached out and held the lid closed for a moment, "Tess, I want you to be prepared. He may not be alive in there."

"What!"

"If our cover slipped, even for a moment, they may have overdosed him. Or killed him for the hell of it. Just be prepared."

He moved his hand, and with shaking limbs they lifted the lid.

"Oh my God!" Tess exclaimed at the smell.

Simon was naked, bound in ropes and chains in the box. Gagged and blindfolded. His arms tight behind his back and his knees against his chest.

Dr Morris pushed a hand down between his legs and chest, and then up to his neck. Tess watching with terrified eyes.

"He's alive," he told them, smiling grimly, "Let's get him out."

They worked quickly. Mark and Dr Morris lifted Simon out of the box, cutting away the ropes and chains. Pulling free the gag and blindfold.

Tess threw everything in the box, slammed the lid and dragged it into Dr Morris' adjoining cabin.

Dr Morris checked Simon's chest and breathing and then his reactions, "He's heavily drugged," he said, "They must have dosed him right before packing him."

He gently examined Simon's arm, "Here. Lots of needle marks, but some are very fresh."

Tess held Simon's head in her lap and stroked his filthy hair as Dr Morris continued his examination. Simon was limp and completely nonresponsive.

"Is this fresh blood?" Mark asked, and Dr Morris leaned over to examine Simon's anus.

Sighing, he slipped on a glove, lubricated it, and gently pushed inside.

Simon muttered, and Dr Morris rubbed his hip kindly, "It's okay. You're safe now, Simon," he said loudly.

Removing his hand, and the glove, "Not much blood," he reassured Mark, before slipping a thin torch into his backside and peering closely.

He rubbed Simon's hip again and said, "All done," loudly. Despite the fact there had been no more movement or noises from Simon. Tess decided she adored him for his kindness.

Dr Morris moved his gentle hands and careful eyes over Simon's body, before sitting back on his heels.

"I would say this is a young man who was in prime fitness prior to being taken," he looked at Mark who nodded in agreement.

"We have around six weeks of malnourishment, dehydration, repeated beatings, and forced drug use." He indicated some healing marks on Simon's body, "He has been beaten with whips, canes, most likely bamboo, and what looks like chains, as well as fists. Some of these are weeks old."

He took his glasses off and pinched the bridge of his nose, "Ah, burns, thankfully not deep, possibly from cigarettes, but more likely a cigar. This bruising suggests cracked ribs, two or three, but at least four weeks old, and I suspect he was raped just prior to being locked in that box."

"Oh God," Mark ran his hands down his face, "I should have insisted on watching him be prepared."

Dr Morris shook his head, "Don't blame yourself, dear chap. I would say this man has experienced repeated assaults over quite a long period of time. It wouldn't have been the first time, and you may well have put the whole rescue in jeopardy had you insisted."

Tess sobbed as they sat for a few minutes absorbing the horror that Simon had experienced.

"I'm going to give him some shots, before he wakes up, I may struggle to inject him once he comes round. He has a slight chest infection, and I'm going to assume I need to treat any sexual diseases I can think of."

"Do that now," Tess told him, "Mark, go and run a bath, not too hot."

"Tess, he's unconscious."

"Then you can help me. He's our friend, Mark. We can't let him wake up in this state."

"It's a good idea," Dr Morris agreed, "I'll help. He's already got a slight infection on this cut here."

"What is that?" Mark asked, gently running his fingers down a torso length cut.

"Knife wound," Dr Morris said, as he dealt with the syringe.

"Someone ran a knife down his side. It's healed in places, not too deep, but in other places it's been aggravated by other injuries."

Mark wiped his eyes with his fists. Kissing Tess before he stood up, because he needed the comfort of her lips.

"I'll run the bath," he said quietly.

-X

Simon didn't wake up slowly.

Almost twelve hours into their trip home, Tess had been dozing on the bed where Simon was curled up in a protective ball behind her.

She barely had time to register Dr Morris' shout of, "Watch out," before she was dragged against Simon and her breath stopped.

She struggled and grunted, but then suddenly was free and fell onto the bed. As Simon was dragged from the bed, his breath rasping as he struggled weakly in Dr Morris' hold.

Mark glanced at Tess, and she nodded, "I'm okay," waving him towards Simon.

Tess sank against the pillows massaging her neck. She realized with horror that only Simon's weakness and the doctor's quick reaction had saved her. Simon had nearly snapped her neck.

"Simon. Simon. It's Mark. Stop, it's Mark," Mark was repeating the words calmly, but firmly and after a few moments Simon stilled.

"Mark?"

"Yes," Mark moved forward and gripped Simon's shoulders, "You're safe. It's over."

Dr Morris loosened his grip a little, but stayed alert.

Simon tensed and moved closer to Mark.

"This is Dr Morris. He's Army. He's here to take care of you."

"Good to meet you, old chap," Dr Morris said, taking a quiet step back, giving Simon a reassuring smile and some space.

Simon stood for a moment, swaying with the motion of the ship.

"I don't understand. Ali? And there was a man. Someone brought me," he unconsciously rubbed his stomach.

"Simon," Mark waited until Simon's confused eyes lifted to his, "That was me. I brought you."

"You?"

"Sorry about the gut punch, but my cover was a total bastard and I had to sell it to keep Tess safe."

Simon clutched at Mark's arm, his eyes slightly wild, "It was you? It was you who examined me? It was you touching me?"

"Yes," Mark looked calmly back, "I disguised my voice, but it was me."

"Oh thank God," Simon didn't resist as Mark's arms came around him, and he started to sob, sinking to the floor.

Tess, tears running down her face, lowered to the floor and crawled across to him.

"Simon, my love. If you want you can have a bath, but I washed you. Mark helped me and we bathed you and I cleaned you," she stroked his hair as he lifted his face to hers.

"Every inch of you, there's nothing left of them on you, sweetheart. Nothing at all."

Simon examined his arm first and then sat up and looked down at his own body, seeing the grime and dirt had gone and understanding the truth of her words. Running his hands over his now clean-shaven face.

"Tess," his voice cracked, "Thank you."

She kissed him softly, "And now you must rest," she insisted.

Simon allowed himself to be lifted and half carried to the bed, but then started to panic, backing across the bed until he hit the far cabin wall, and looking at them in horror.

"You'll have to tie me. I can't risk hurting Tess again, you'll have to tie me."

"No, Simon. I know you won't hurt me."

Mark shook his head, "Absolutely not. Not after everything you have been through."

"You don't understand," he begged and gripped his hair, "I feel like I'm losing my mind. I could snap," he broke off, his chest heaving.

"I really do not want to sedate him," Dr Morris admitted, "he's too weak, but he could forget where he is. Even briefly, he's right, he could hurt someone."

Mark bit his lip and looked worried, "It doesn't seem right."

"I have an idea," Tess said, and walked to the wardrobe. Puling a belt through the loops of a hanging dress, she then wrapped it around her waist over her nightgown.

"I beg your pardon, Dr Morris," she said, as she moved to her case and pulled out some handcuffs, passing the key to Mark.

Tess sat on the bed, her back to Simon and smiled over her shoulder, "Come on, put your arms around me."

Hesitantly he moved forward and slipped his arms around her waist, shaking and pushing his face into her hair.

Mark let out an, "Ah," of understanding, as Tess gently slipped a cuff around Simon's right wrist, clicking it closed. She then fed the chain through her belt and took his left wrist.

"You will be holding on to me, Simon. Attached to my belt, it will give us time to calm you and remind you, should you wake up afraid. You won't have a chance to hurt me."

Simon nodded, but trembled from head to toe when she clicked the left bracelet closed.

Mark gripped his shoulder, "Take a deep breath my friend," and watched as Simon did, "Okay?"

Simon took another breath before he spoke, "It needs to be a little tighter, Tess. I could slip out of the left cuff," he trembled again as she clicked it twice more.

She twisted and kissed him again, "You're safe with us, Simon. Lie down and hold on to me."

They snuggled down, Simon spooning Tess, and gradually his trembles eased.

-X

Tess had been to lunch with a young couple she had met at dinner.

Returning to the cabin, she was surprised to find Mark alone.

Simon had refused point blank to allow Dr Morris to wean him off the opium, and so had gone 'cold turkey'.

Dr Morris had thought this an unnecessary risk to his health, as weak as he was, but Simon could not be persuaded.

It had been a battle.

Simon's will against his body's determination to shut down and Tess had been terrified for him.

Finally, after about ten days of Simon's life hanging in the balance, the tide had turned and Simon had started to be able to eat and rest a little.

He was cautious around Dr Morris, but was able to allow himself to be treated as long as Tess or Mark were present.

The night terrors had been horrible. Tess' heart had broken for him.

Mostly Simon stayed with Mark, and lent on him to take a short daily walk and build up some stamina.

Finding Mark alone in the cabin came as a shock.

"Where's Simon?"

Mark looked up from his book. "Hello, Darling. Simon is on the back deck."

"Doing what?"

"Taking some air and thinking time," he smiled a little, "Taking a break from me!"

He stood and gave Tess a quick hug, then kissed her. "You should go and join him. If he's not ready for company, he will let you know."

Tess stroked his face, "And you should take a nap. You haven't been getting enough rest."

Mark kissed her hand, "That's a good idea, now you are back I think I will."

Tess hurried to the back deck and was relieved to find Simon safe and sound. She felt the ship's wake created the strangest sensation of wanting to jump.

It was hard to see his eyes through the dark lenses, and he looked so serious, but then, as she approached, Simon held out a hand to her, without looking away from the racing water stretching out behind the vessel.

Tess sat and took his hand, moving her chair close and leaning against him.

She rested her head on his shoulder and smiled when Simon kissed her hair and sighed before squeezing her hand gently.

"Come to check on me, Tess?" he asked.

"No," she paused at his half laugh, "Maybe!"

He squeezed her hand again, "Mark's crept along three times to make sure I hadn't gone overboard."

"Really?"

"Thinks I didn't see him."

"We're concerned."

"I know, I'm sorry."

They sat for a while in silence before Simon spoke again.

"I've made a decision."

Tess turned and looked at him with interest.

"I'm going to resign my commission."

Tess just waited.

Simon took his glasses off and turned himself towards her.

"I'm an officer in Her Majesty's Army with the rank of Captain," he confirmed, "but for the past eight years I have been seconded to MI5."

"You're a spy," Tess stated blunted, and enjoyed the flash of a grin, a reminder of the old Simon.