Adversity and Serendipity

Story Info
Two colleagues find themselves having to share a hotel room.
10.9k words
4.54
10.3k
10
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Ugh!" a feminine voice groaned tiredly as a smartly dressed woman opened the heavy door of a hotel room and lumbered inside. The door almost clattered against the wall as she wearily lugged in her bags, doing exceptionally well to maintain her balance even in her high heels, and a similarly well-dressed man followed in behind her.

"Are you sure you don't want me to carry that for you?" the man asked the woman, suggesting that he had already kindly offered to carry her bags for her before and that she had declined.

"No no, it's okay, thank you, we're here now," she replied, and the door closed behind the two. The man switched on the light and the hotel room lit up, and they discovered that it was fortunately quite a spacious hotel room. Scarlett, which was the name of the woman, lifted her bag and placed it on the large bed. Tom, which was the name of the man, took his own bag and placed it on a nearby chair instead. He loosened his tie which had been strangling him all day long and unbuttoned the top button of his immaculately ironed shirt, though having worn it all day it no longer looked as immaculately ironed as it did when he put it on this morning.

Scarlett sat down on the bed beside her bag and the two engaged in conversation. "Well..." Tom began, "What do we do?"

What do they do about what? What was going on? Had there been some sort of quarrel between lovers? Well, no, and that was the problem. The problem was that Scarlett and Tom were not lovers, they were colleagues. Colleagues? Why were they sharing a hotel room, and a hotel room with a double bed rather than two single beds? This wasn't something that colleagues typically did, unless they were pornstars.

They hadn't planned on staying overnight tonight as the multi-day conference they had attended was due to finish earlier on the final day than it had, so they hadn't booked a hotel for tonight in advance. They were planning on travelling home after the conference had finished, however, the final day overran considerably and by the time it had finished it was much too late and they were much too tired to make the long journey home. So, they resolved to find a hotel, staying over one more night and then heading home in the morning. It wasn't ideal but it wasn't the end of the world either.

***

When they arrived at the hotel a short while ago, they attended the reception and were greeted by the clerk. The two enquired about booking a couple of rooms, however as they had not pre-booked any rooms and given the large conference that had been held nearby, there were barely any rooms left as they had already been booked by other attendees and other members of the general public. "I'm sorry," the clerk had told them, "We only have one vacancy remaining." Their faces dropped.

"Are you sure?" Scarlett replied with a hint of trepidation, and the clerk's reply was sure enough.

"Is there nothing you can do?" Tom politely but firmly asked, but again the clerk was insistent. And the clerk was right, there was nothing they could do, and they were simply doing their job. Tom looked at Scarlett and tried to gauge the look on her face, and she suggested that they could manage sharing a room, it was only one night, and they'd go their merry, separate ways first thing in the morning. Besides, as they wouldn't be able to claim the hotel stay on expenses due to not booking it in advance, they'd be able to split the cost between them.

"It's fine by me," he replied, simply keen on getting into a hotel room and getting some rest.

"Okay," Scarlett addressed the clerk, "We'll take it."

Tom took out his wallet, his card, and proceeded to pay for the room, and as he put his card away Scarlett told him that she'd give him her half tomorrow, to which Tom thanked her. The clerk grabbed the last remaining key and, as they handed it over, they dropped a bombshell.

"Oh, by the way," the clerk said, "This room is a double."

"I'm sorry?" Scarlett responded to the revelation, startled.

"A double?" Tom asked for clarification. The clerk held their hand out to pass them the key, but neither Scarlett nor Tom took it.

"Is there a sofa in the room?" Tom asked, wondering whether one of them could sleep on that rather than them share a bed, but the clerk replied negatively. They looked at each other in brief, disbelieving silence, the situation rapidly getting worse and increasingly uncomfortable. "Unless you're about to drive several hours home, in the dark, during the middle of the night and when you're tired, then this is the only other option," Tom reasoned, both with Scarlett and with himself.

Scarlett looked at him, his words wholly logical and sensible and she knew he was right, yet she could sense his unease and knew all too well her own, but it wouldn't be safe for either of them to drive tonight. That, at least, helped allay their unease somewhat, they would be doing it because it would be the safe and sensible thing to do. "Alright," said Scarlett, and Tom took the keys from the clerk.

"Which floor is it on?" Tom asked as he took the keys, and the response from the clerk wouldn't be kind on their already weary bodies. It wasn't on the ground floor and wasn't on the first floor, put it that way.

Thankfully, there was an elevator, so they wouldn't be climbing several flights of stairs at least. "After you," Tom said to Scarlett as he picked up his bags, and Scarlett picked up hers. "Would you like me to carry any of those for you?" Tom chivalrously asked his co-worker, however, Scarlett assured him that she was fine, and she led the way to their respite. And so, they made their way to the elevator, to their floor and their room, their shared room, and to where they both were now.

***

"We settle in for the night," was Scarlett's response to Tom's question about what they do now, and there wasn't really much else they could do. Tom picked up the bag he had just placed down on the chair so he could sit down on it, and he put his bag beside the chair. Sitting down, he then slipped off his smart but rather uncomfortable shoes and stretched his feet and toes, such a relief it was to get them off after such a long day. Scarlett likewise slipped off her heels. Sure, heels looked great, and Scarlett looked great in them, but lord were they uncomfortable. Smart shoes had a bad habit of being perennially uncomfortable.

Off they came, the pair kicking their respective pair aside and letting their poor toes free and giving them a satisfying stretch. Tom took off his glasses and put them in their case, and likewise, Scarlett took off her very stylish eyewear, set them aside, and then let her hair loose. It had been up all day, and as chic and lovely as it looked it wasn't the most comfortable, particularly for hours on end. Even though he had taken his glasses off, Tom could still see Scarlett clearly enough, and realised that he had never seen her without her glasses on and with her hair down before.

Naturally, Tom thought she was gorgeous with her glasses on and hair up, though she was equally so with them off and with it down. He averted his eyes to not make his colleague uncomfortable and took off the tie he had loosened, setting it aside beside his glasses case. There wasn't much else either of them could take off in front of one another as it would've been much too personal, and Scarlett had something bugging her in the back of her mind. "Would you mind at all if I occupy the bathroom?" she politely asked Tom, intent on taking a bath but courteously checking whether her workmate needed to use the facilities before she locked herself in there.

"By all means," he said, "Though could I quickly brush my teeth first?"

"Of course," his workmate kindly responded, and Tom rummaged through one of his bags, into the toiletry bag within, and pulled out a toothbrush and tube of toothpaste he brought with him.

"I won't be two minutes," he said, jotting off into the bathroom. Scarlett watched Tom walk into the bathroom, and then picked up one of her smaller bags and peeked inside, then looked toward the slightly opened bathroom door with a coy, unsure look etched upon her face.

A minute or two later, Scarlett heard running water, and then Tom exited the bathroom moments later. "Thanks, it's all yours," he said, putting his toothbrush and toothpaste back into their bag.

"Great, thanks," Scarlett replied, "I won't be too long," she assured him as she stood up out of her chair with her bag in her hand, then she made her way to the bathroom, walked in, and pushed the door behind her. The bathroom would offer the only means of privacy for both Tom and Scarlett until the morning, and while they got along well enough for colleagues, it had been a tiring few days spent away from their homes and familiar, comfortable environments and in almost constant company of others.

However, it wasn't the bathroom that provided privacy, but rather the bathroom door that did. Suddenly, Tom had found himself in the hotel bedroom on his own, just as private as Scarlett found herself in the bathroom, and he took the brief period of privacy as an opportunity to change into his pyjamas. He grabbed one of his larger bags and rifled through it until he found what he was looking for, then pulled the pyjamas out and set them aside. Then he unbuttoned his shirt, button by button, and wiggled his way out of it, folding it neatly and putting it back into his bag.

His belt came loose as he unbuckled it and pulled it through each hoop, then - like the buttons on his shirt - the button on his trousers came undone, down came the zipper, and he pulled his work trousers down and off himself, leaving him wearing not very much at all. It would be a tremendously inconvenient time for Scarlett to walk out of the bathroom right now, however she was busy attending to other, important matters. Tom could hear running water as he got undressed, the sound of the bathtub filling up slowly but surely, and he got into his pyjama top and pyjama bottoms and sat back down to take his socks off.

Neither of them knew that they were doing similar things on either side of the not-particularly thick door and wall as Scarlett undressed herself ready to step into the bath. However, unlike Tom, she wasn't going to stop at her underwear. She too started with her blouse, unbuttoning and shimmying out of it, then her modest skirt followed suit as she pulled it down her legs, stood out of it and put it with her blouse, leaving her also not wearing very much at all. However, she was about to be wearing even less.

It wouldn't be wise to bathe in a bra and panties, so they needed to come off too. Scarlett undid her bra with a swift movement and pulled it off, exposing her breasts to the bathroom mirror. Then her panties did as her skirt had done before as they fell down her lovely legs, leaving her in only her skin, just how she liked it. She checked on the progress of the bath and that the tub was sufficiently full of sufficiently hot water, and indeed it was. Scarlett turned off the tap and the last drops of water fell from the faucet into the water below, then she picked up the bag she had taken into the bathroom with her.

It opened and Scarlett peeked inside like she had before, and she felt a modicum of shame wash over herself as she considered what to take out of it. "No..." she thought to herself, "Not that one. Too noisy. That one isn't waterproof..." and so on. What was she looking for, exactly? After a few seconds of careful consideration, Scarlett made her choice and pulled out of the bag something that was lodged near the bottom which hadn't made an appearance at the conference this week: a dildo.

Perhaps that was why she didn't want her colleague to carry her bag for her, just in case something untoward happened accidentally and the contents of her bag became public knowledge. How embarrassing that would've been. But she never, ever travelled without her friends, such was her seemingly insatiable libido and craving for sexual pleasure. So insatiable, in fact, that she had been looking forward to having an orgasm all day long and had planned on having one when she got home. However, thanks to overrunning conferences she wasn't going home tonight, though that did not change her orgasmic intentions.

She put the bag back down and slowly stepped into the bath, testing the temperature of the water with her foot. It was perfectly hot, but not nearly as hot as the woman herself whose other foot followed the first into the bathtub. Scarlett planted the dildo on the side of the bath and eased herself down into the water, letting her body acclimatise as the liquid rose farther up her body and eventually covered her breasts and nipples with its warmth. The tired, horny woman basked in the glory of the bathtub which, while not as large or nice as her one at home, was a welcome refuge.

After resting for a minute or so, she got to taking care of the business of hygiene and quickly gave herself a once over with the hot water. She wasn't dirty having had a shower this morning - something this hotel room did have over her previous one was the presence of a bathtub - but she cleaned herself regardless. However, that wasn't why she was in here. She was in here because of the privacy it offered her, privacy she needed to do what she very much wanted to do, which was herself.

Scarlett turned her attention to her debauched intentions and began playing with her warm breasts and erect nipples, affording herself the luxury of foreplay. However, Scarlett would argue - as would Tom if he knew what she was up to - that paying attention to one's breasts and nipples isn't simply foreplay and is instead an important element of what can make sex great. Even though there was indeed a star of the show, breasts and nipples are not merely a supporting cast, and they never were when Scarlett saw to herself.

She caressed her bosom and pinched and twisted her nipples in a naughty, kinky manner, and her legs seemed to slowly spread of their own volition. It was a subconscious act as sensations of pleasure flooded through her body and mind, and a yearning throb emanated from beneath the water's surface. Her dominant hand began to dive down her slender figure and it breached the water, just like she wanted it to be the hand of a dominant man doing the same to her. It dove deeper as her other hand continued to grope her breasts, and soon enough her dominant hand was swimming through the coral reef of her pubic mound to explore the treasure beyond.

Her fingers found her clit which was already throbbing delightfully, and they ran over it in hypnotic circles, making it throb even harder. Slightly deeper beneath the water's surface were the swollen lips of her pussy, and Scarlett felt like her lips and her clit had been swollen all day long as all she had on her mind was getting to play with them tonight. Her mind should have been on more professional matters, but she could not help herself. Those same dainty fingers that were stimulating her clit found their way past it and to the beautiful, swollen lips of her pussy, and without any effort at all they dove inside her pink cove.

Scarlett moaned gently and lightly, trying her best to be quiet, trying not to let herself be completely overcome with lust. But it felt so naughty masturbating with her colleague next door, it felt sort of taboo, and it fuelled her arousal further. Her fingers burrowed deep and made her feel wonderful, and sometimes the simplest of activities yielded the most satisfying of results. But, speaking of satisfying, Scarlett's friend caught her attention through the corner of her eye, and she knew that her fingers weren't nearly as satisfying as he was. Water dripped off her hand as it breached the surface of the water, and Scarlett reached over toward her phallic friend and took it in her grasp.

Once there, it found its way between her lips and into one of her many hungry orifices, though this particular one was on her face, and she lubricated the toy with saliva, sucking on it as though it were real, though perhaps a little more reservedly than usual so she didn't make too much noise. As delightful as it was, she had not brought the dildo out of the bag to fuck her throat with it, so it too had to take a plunge into the hot water so it could plunge into something altogether hotter.

The toy dove bomb into the water and down between Scarlett's wide-open legs, one of them hanging out of the bath as she tried to spread them as wide as she could, the slut. Scarlett ran the toy back and forth along her pussy, feeling it envelop her swollen and sensitive lips, and a few moments later the head of it breached her pussy like it had the water and plunged right to the depths of her wet pussy. She groaned deeply as she felt herself being filled and stretched, and it was a feeling like no other, and she almost sank deeper into the bathtub when the pleasure almost overwhelmed her.

Meanwhile, on the other side of the fairly thin wall, Tom walked back past the bathroom door to check that the door to the hotel room was secure, such was his attention to such safety and security details, and indeed it was. Then, as he made his way back to where he was sitting, he walked past the bathroom door again and noticed that it wasn't completely closed. In fact, it was slightly ajar, and the sound of water sloshing around could be heard quite clearly. It wasn't a five-star hotel, to say the least, and there was good reason why it was the only hotel in the area with a room left - the door and the frame were not the highest quality, and it hadn't shut properly when Scarlett closed it behind her.

Tom took another step past the door, averting his eyes away from the crack between the door and the frame, and then stopped in his tracks. His colleague was in there, in the bathtub, naked, and he shouldn't, he knew he shouldn't. But Scarlett was gorgeous, and Tom rather fancied her - as did probably everyone in their team - and his perversions got the better of him. He couldn't help but take a peek. As Bowling for Soup sang in their 2002 hit 'Girl All the Bad Guys Want', all Tom wanted was to see her naked.

Back on the other side of the door, Scarlett was trying very hard not to get too carried away with herself. She could feel that feeling she desperately wanted building up inside of her, and she wanted it badly. But she couldn't stop herself from vocalising the pleasure she was feeling, and the most erotic of moans escaped her despite her trying her best to hold them in. And the sloshing of the water as she fucked herself harder and faster was also making too much noise, and she knew that she wasn't going to be able to cum quietly.

She had a habit of making quite a lot of noise when she came and this felt too good, and she knew that, if she came, then she would moan so loud that all the hotel rooms around, above and below would hear, let alone Tom. So, she either had to cum hard and cum loud - which she very much wanted - and hope Tom somehow didn't hear or simply didn't mention it out of embarrassment, or she had to stop. Realistically, she was going to have to go with the latter, and her orgasm was sadly going to have to wait until tomorrow. She hadn't planned on edging herself or leaving her pussy yearning and throbbing, but it was the wise decision.

So, halting her pussy pounding exploits was what she did, much to the displeasure of her pussy and her libido. Tomorrow, when she was home, she could go full tilt and use each and every toy she wanted, including the loud ones, the waterproof ones and the ones designed for even tighter orifices. Tomorrow was going to be a day dedicated to masturbating, she decided. Nothing but Scarlett was going to get done. But, for now, she needed to clean her toy, put it away and get herself settled in for the night.