Affair of the Heart Becomes More

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He said, "I know, love ya too," And off he went.

I spent the morning cleaning up around the house and putting together another load of laundry which seems to never end. Then I made myself a cup of tea and went out to the garden and puttered around in the flower beds for about an hour. After that I decided to take a shower and freshen up. When I got out of the shower I put on my pale green sun dress with a tiny floral pattern and put my hair back in a ponytail and decided that I might as well do the grocery shopping.

As I backed out of the driveway and was heading down the street I thought to myself I wonder if Audrey and her dad or at the town park right now she said they'd be playing So I decided to take a detour and drive by and see I don't even know why that became important to me in that moment I know talking with little Audrey last week put a smile on my face and I had this overwhelming curiosity to meet her mother and see Travis''s wife.

As I neared the town park I saw a bunch of children playing in a field kicking a ball around pylons and adults sitting on bleacher benches adjacent to the field. I parked my car and decided to stroll along seeing if either one of them might be there. Standing by the side of the field in no time at all I spotted Audrey she was running back and forth with another little girl both of them waiting their turn to get the ball. To my surprise she spotted me and started waving. Which was unfortunate because at that exact moment one of the other children kicked the ball her way and she missed it. I was so embarrassed, I just waved to her and walked over to the bleachers. The older woman who appeared to be the coach blew a whistle and all the girls huddled together sitting on the grass as she spoke. They then got up and started walking towards the parents sitting around the bleachers. Audrey walked up to me and said "Hello Jessca"

I said "well hello Audrey I am surprised you remembered me. Where is your mommy and daddy sitting?"

"My daddy's right there."

At that moment Travis walked up behind me, "hello, it is good to see you again Jessica"

I shyly looked at him and said, "oh hello I'm sorry to intrude I just happened to be driving by and thought I would stop to see if Audrey was playing, if that is okay?"

"Of course it is."

"Daddy can I have my water bottle?"

"Excuse me Jessica. sorry here honey."

"Is this the end of the game?" I inquired.

"No, no this is just a little break before they do the second part why don't you join me up on the bench Jessica!"

"Oh, I would not want to interfere. I am sure your wife would not be impressed."

"That is okay Jessica, I am not married. Come join me you can watch her play from up here."

At that moment, the coach blew the whistle, and the girls ran back out into the field, Jessica running sideways waving back at us. Turning Trevor reached out his hand and took mine to help me up into the bleachers. Upon reaching the top level he reached into a bag he had set there and pulled out a towel and laid it down beside himself he said, "here please sit on this towel. I would not want you to get that beautiful dress you are wearing dirty."

I thanked him profusely for being such a gentleman, I was flattered as well that he had noticed my dress and commented on it. He reached back into the bag and pulled out a couple bottles of water and offered me one. Once again I thanked him as we watched the game periodically he started small talk asking me how my week was and if I finished my flower garden. I told him yes I finished the flower garden and I was very impressed with it.

"Thank you for asking I did have a wonderful week how was yours. I don't know exactly what you do Travis if you don't mind me asking?"

"I am a graphic designer which is great it gives me a lot of flexibility to work from home. That gives me plenty of opportunity to look after Audrey. Tell me Jessica what do you do for a living?"

"I work at the animal rescue shelter downtown I've worked there for quite some time now, I really enjoy it... So you were saying it gives you the opportunity to look after Jessica and her mother, if you do not mind me asking?"

"It's a bit of a long story but the short version Audrey's mother is not involved in her life she's chose another path and another partner."

I did not know what to say to that I could not imagine a mother not wanting to be involved in her child's life. Nor could I figure out why Travis would be single he seemed like such a catch,handsome and charming. Before I could come up with a response Travis spoke up.

"I don't want to be rude I notice the wedding ring and your husband?"

I looked down at my finger and flicked my ring with my thumb. Oh yes John, my husband. He is off playing golf as usual with his friends. We don't share a lot of the same interests any longer, I am sure you know marriages change over time."

I don't know why I said all those things, I just felt as though I had to give him some sort of insight into my life now. I felt embarrassed I quickly rebuttal, "he's a good hardworking man don't get me wrong but...."

"I am sorry I did not mean to pry"

"That is okay Travis I am an open book I have nothing to hide"

About that time, the coach blew the whistle again and they were wrapping things up. We stood and Travis helped me back down the bleacher stair. Upon reaching the bottom Audrey approached us and her dad praised her for doing such an excellent job. At which point she said, "is that mean you are going to buy me ice cream, can Jessca come too?"

"I am certain Jessica has better things to do than hang around us."

"On the contrary I would be happy to join you I even insist on paying my treat."

"Well, you are more than welcome to come with us Jessica we would enjoy your company, but I insist I am paying."

We had an amazing afternoon at the ice cream shop. Even going for a walk afterwards as we ate our ice cream in the nearby park. Travis is such an amazing father and so attentive to his daughter. He is so handsome and very cordial and attentive to us both.

As weeks went by it became a habit that I would meet up with Travis and Audrey, either on a Saturday or a Sunday and spend a few hours with them. One time we went to the zoo another time we went to the butterfly observatory sometimes we just walked in the park or went to Audrey's games. We even attended an amusement park one day. That was the day that Audrey held my hand and her dad's hand at the same time I almost started to cry. I was careful not to let either one of them notice.

As for the home front, everything was the same, John and I just went about our lives. I felt more like a housekeeper and a mother figure for him than a wife. The only thing wifely about our relationship is periodically we would have sex as I would describe it. Definitely was not passionate like it was in years gone by. I had basically given up trying to suggest new and exciting ways to improve our sex life. Just performed my wifely duties in order to fulfill his needs, fulfilling my own needs in private. It appears as though John was so busy living his own life, he never even noticed the times that I would spend away with Audrey and her father.

It's not like I was doing anything wrong, so I was not embarrassed to be seen in public if anybody had seen us and reported back to him. Audrey on a previous occasion had asked me to come to their home, she wanted to show me her room. We never followed up on that situation, I felt it was too soon. It was in the early days when we had first met. But she brought it up again today and I accepted her invitation which pleased Travis too. He appeared to be as excited as Audrey was when we arrived at their home. Their house was small but suited their needs, a little three-bedroom with a nice sized backyard in a quiet neighbourhood. The house was clean and organized and upon arriving.

Travis was quick to ask me if I would like something to drink. I told him tea would be nice at that point in time Audrey could not hold back any longer, grabbing my hand and dragging me off to see her bedroom. It was a beautifully decorated pink little girl's room;

She had a small bed, and it had a canopy over top with lace curtains down the sides. Like a Princess would have and she had all kinds of stuffed animals at the foot of her bed. In the corner she had a bookshelf and Audrey began to show me some of her favourite books. I sat down on the end of her bed and asked her if she would like me to read one of her books to her, which she quickly accepted, handing me a book about families. At one point in time when I was reading Audrey interrupted me and said that her grandma is her mommy sometimes and looks after her when daddy is busy. I did not dare bring up the subject of her mother, but I was curious to know more. At that exact moment Travis walked in with a cup of tea. Audrey said to me," would you be my mommy?"

I could feel the tears welling up in my eyes, I got up quickly setting the book down and said, "excuse me for a minute Audrey, Trevor. Can I use your washroom?" Then rush down the hallway before they could answer.

I quickly rinsed my face in the sink and tried to compose myself. I am so grateful I was not wearing mascara it would have been running down my face. I heard a gentle tap at the door, then I heard Travis.

"Jessica is everything okay?"

I flushed the toilet, opened the doors, and tried to put a smile on my face. "I'm just fine thank you,"

But he knew better, Travis looked at me for a moment and I could not keep eye contact he stated, "your cup of tea is out in the kitchen, won't you join me? I have Audrey busy talking on the phone to her grandma"

When we got to the kitchen, I apologized to Trevor I said, "I got caught a little off guard when she asked if I would be her mommy."

I laughed nervously and wiped the tear from the corner of my eye. "I've always wanted to have children and she's such a beautiful little girl, you're a lucky man."

At that moment Trevor then told me the story of him and his ex-wife. How she was an airline attendant for British Airways and how at one point their relationship had taken a nosedive because he was certain she was having an affair with a pilot. She insisted that when there's a stay over flight she was staying with her father who lived in England. That he missed her so, now that her mother had passed on. But I did not buy it, She eventually confessed to an affair. Professing her love for me, she would quit her job and would end the affair immediately. That she had made a mistake, sorry for what she had done. At the same time announcing that she was pregnant and that the baby was mine. They had come close to divorce; I told her that I would forgive her, and we could rebuild our relationship, based on the outcome of a DNA test.

It turned out that Audrey was definitely mine and for the longest time our relationship did improve. Until one day I came home and found a note stating Audrey was at my mother's and there were divorce papers and her wedding ring. The note stated that she was sorry, but she was not cut out to be a mother and was giving me full custody and asked me not to try to follow her as she sleeked the happiness she was looking for.

Travis quickly changed the subject and said that he would like to take me out to a movie or something. Just the two of us, He did not want to cause me any problems and stated he knew how forward it was of him to ask.

Audrey would be with his mother next weekend if I'd be interested, he would be honoured...Before he could say anymore or change his mind, I told him I would be happy to go to the movies with him. We sat quietly and sipped our tea when Audrey came back into the kitchen and asked for an ice pop. At which point Trevor insisted that she had already had ice cream and that she could have a little bit of apple juice. Audrey pulled up a chair between us and Travis gave her a glass of juice. She began telling us all about her plans to spend next weekend at grandma's house. Travis asked me if I wanted to join them for dinner tonight. I sadly declined telling him that I better get home, but I was looking forward to getting together next weekend. As we said our goodbyes at the door Audrey reached out her arms, so I crouched down, and we hugged each other standing back up I looked into Travis blue eyes as he smiled back at me and stated, "take care of Jessica."

It was a long dragged-out week, but the weekend was finally here. Coincidentally enough John announced to me Friday then on Saturday he was going to a ball game with a buddy from work who had tickets. I had told him that I was planning on going to a movie.

The plan was that I was going to go over to Trevor 's house leave my car there and he would drive us to the theatre. We decided the next town over would keep us from prying eyes. I was preparing for my night out, truth be told it was a date. What was I doing, what am I thinking?

Earlier in the week I went out and got my nails done and picked out a black skirt with a royal blue satin blouse. I had my hair back in a braided ponytail being held by a blue scrunchy. I had picked out a pair of black modest high heels and was putting the finishing touches on my makeup. After checking myself in the mirror I left a note for John saying that I had prepared something for his dinner and left instructions on heating it up. Once again reminding him and stating that would be back after the movie.

Arriving at Travis's house I was a nervous wreck. I do not even know why for certain, possibly a guilty conscience. Maybe just worried, wanting to make an impression. When he opened the door, He immediately reached out and took my hand and invited me inside.

"Jessica come in, come in. May I just say you looks stunning beautiful!"

I was so flattered I could feel myself blushing, "thank you Travis you are such a gentleman."

I must admit he looked fantastic himself, straight fit blue jeans brown leather Chelsea boots, blue/grey button-down shirt and matching sports jacket. He took a minute and quickly sent a text to his mother inquiring about Audrey and then walked me to his car holding the door for me. Travis picked out a romantic comedy and insisted on paying for everything including popcorn and drinks, We found a seat back row centre and settled in for the movie. It was approximately halfway through the movie when Travis took my hand and held it. I immediately felt my Pause quicken I've been craving his touch from the moment I saw him tonight. My body automatically responded by leaning into him and resting my head on his shoulder. Nothing in the world mattered but this moment I never wanted it to end. I found myself having a hard time concentrating on the story line of the movie.

When the movie concluded and the lights came up, He let go of my hand and I immediately felt a longing for its return. As we stood up and gathered ourselves, Travis reached out and took my hand again to steady me as we exited the theatre stairs. Upon reaching the lobby I turned and stood in front of him and looked up into his eyes, thanking him for taking me out. I told him I needed to take a moment to use the washroom before we left. When I returned I found him standing waiting as the crowd moved around us. We exited the theatre upon reaching his car once again he held my door. There was awkward silence at first as we proceeded back towards his home. Travis eventually broke the silence with small talk about the movie. I know we were avoiding the elephant in the room.

When we reached his home, Travis parked in the driveway, shutting the car off. We sat quietly for a moment then he turned towards me.

"Jessica, I do not want to cause you any problems, but I have to be honest with you, I am developing feelings for you."

"Travis, the days that I have spent with you and your daughter have been some of the happiest days of my life and I would be a hypocrite if I were to deny my emotions."

As the words were leaving my mouth Travis leaned towards me placing the palm of his hand on the side of my face and kissed me ever so gently on my lips. My mind was spinning heart racing I felt faint. I wanted this man more than I wanted my next breath. As quickly as the kiss began it ended, he got out of the car walked around and opened my door putting his hand out he helped me stand to my feet. Then gave me a hug, whispering in my ear. "I think we should call it an evening before this goes to a place that we cannot return from."

He broke the embrace took my hand walked me to my car opened the door and helped me inside saying good night. He gently closed the door, I was speechless just following his lead. Travis turned and I watched him walk towards his home. Opening his door he turned looking at me. Smiling and waved, that was my cue to wave goodbye and back out of the driveway and head for home.

Upon arriving home I saw John's car parked in the driveway. I had to use my key, the front door was locked. I called out to John but he did not answer so I kicked off my heels and headed into the kitchen to see if he was there. There were dirty dishes in the sink and an empty beer can sitting on the counter. I decided to go to master bedroom and change into my night clothes. I took a quick peek in the living room on my way up the stairs. Still no sign of him, reaching the bedroom I opened the door and John was laying on the bed watching television. He looked at me and before I could say a word, he said "oh, so you decided to come home where the fuck have you been?"

I was shocked by his outburst and said, "excuse me I told you I was going to a movie."

He stood up and walked towards me and said, "with who."

I could smell the alcohol on his breath and decided not to escalate this argument with the truth. Instead, I answered his question with a question. "How much have you had to drink John?"

"Don't turn this around on me Jessica, I asked you a question and I expect an answer. Tell me who he is and you tell me right the Fuck now!"

I don't know if he actually knew that I was with Travis, or he was speculating that I was with some man. I knew enough in his state of agitation and alcohol that the answer would be volatile. So I decided to try to go around him and lock myself in the washroom. As I went around John, he reached out and grabbed my wrist and jerked my arm hard back towards him. Causing me to lose my balance and fall to the floor, bumping my head against the dresser. My hand instinctively reached up and it did not appear as though I was bleeding. But it hurt like hell, he was scaring me. I crawled away from him and then ran for the hall. Running down the stairs I heard him yell my name, telling me to stop.

"I didn't mean to knock you down Jessica, come back here."

I grabbed my purse and car keys and a pair of slip-on sandals and ran out the front door without shutting it. Jumped in my car and backed away, I did not know what to do. I was scared, crying profusely. My hands were trembling on the wheel. Reaching up and felt my head again, there was a small bump, nothing serious. Not knowing where to go I thought it was probably inappropriate to involve Jennifer from work and her husband. My family lived nowhere near. The only thing I could think to do next was to go back to Travis's house.

Upon my arrival the flash of my headlights on Travis's front window must have alerted him because he was at the door before I could even knock. Tears running down my face I must have looked a wreck. If the look on his face was any indication. I just rushed into his arms and threw my arms around him, and he wrapped his around me holding me tight.

"Jessica please tell me what is wrong, are you hurt?"

I was crying so hard it was with stutter breath, I could not speak he Brought me inside closed the door. He walked me to the sofa, sat down holding me in his arms until I calmed down letting. me cry out enough that I could speak. Travis said, "Take a minute let me put the kettle on then I want you to tell me everything that happened."