Affair of the Heart Becomes More

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

As Travis busied himself in the kitchen preparing our tea, I reached into my purse and checked my cell phone. There were no missed calls or messages. I did not know if that was good or a bad. He returned to the living room handing me a cup. Travis asked me if I wanted milk or sugar, which I declined both. I took a deep breath and tried a couple of sips of tea and then started to explain the evening's events.

When I got to the part where I said I bumped my head he jumped up and quickly checked and stated, "Oh my God there is a bump let me get you some ice." Rushing to the kitchen, Travis came back with ice wrapped in a towel and held it to my head. He insisted that if John had hurt me that we should call the police and make a report. I said. "That would only escalate things further. I do not think that he meant to hurt me. I am not even certain if he knows for sure that I was with you or he was just reaching, to see if I would fess up to being out with some man."

Trevor stated." He had no right to grab you and alcohol is no excuse."

At which point I told Trevor that I agreed, but also that I am no angel either.

"Trevor maybe this is the wake-up call that I needed. My marriage has not been good for a while, and I do not think after what happened tonight that John is particularly happy either. Things happen for a reason; can we not talk about this any further. Will you please just hold me, can I stay here tonight?"

"Of course, you can stay here Jessica my home is your home stay as long as you need stay forever"

"With that statement I looked into his eyes and tear it up again you're such a good man, you be careful with those kinds of statements a woman such as myself would be lucky to have you."

"Do not sell yourself short Jessica, this man would be honoured."

With that statement I leaned forward and kissed him this time not holding back as I opened my mouth my tongue darting into his. Wrapping my arms around him holding him tight as he reciprocated. After what seemed like an eternity, we broke our embrace and looked into each others eyes, both of us speechless. We reached for our cup of tea and sat in silence and drank. After a bit Trevor said that he would get me one of his T-shirts to where, towel and toothbrush. Telling me that I should make myself comfortable. Please feel free to use my shower and take my bed. I will sleep on the sofa tonight. I thanked him and said "I will take you up on that offer of using your shower, but I insisted on sleeping on the sofa."

He did not argue, he picked up our teacups and took them to the kitchen and came back in a little while. I thanked him by kissing him on the cheek and walked off to take a shower.

When I came out wearing his T-shirt that just barely covered my bottom. I saw Travis had laid out blankets and pillows on the sofa for me. He walked up and kissed me gently on the lips then asked me if I was feeling any better. I nodded my head yes and said "I am tired I think I'm turning in. Travis thank you for everything."

He smiled and kissed me once again this time on the forehead then walked away and went to his room.

I woke in the middle of the night and for a moment was confused about my whereabouts. When it came back to me, I got up off the sofa and crept down the hall. Peeking into Trevor's partially open bedroom door.

I stood there for a moment. Contemplating my next move.

Then gently Opening his bedroom door I walked towards his bed and crawled in behind him.

I snuggled up against his back. He did not stir I could feel his Rhythmic breathing It felt good, and I just laid there. Feeling his naked body against me. I must have drifted off. When I awoke again. He had me in his arms. My head resting on his chest. I began to put butterfly kisses on his chest. I felt his hand reach under my top and gently caressed my lower back.

Then he whispered come, Jessica, kiss me. I threw my leg over top of him and straddled him, reaching down with my hand on either side. Pulling my T-shirt up over my head. Then laying my Bosom down on his chest, He wrapped his arms around me. We passionately kissed our mouths hungry for each other. I could hardly catch my breath and did not care. I could hear him moan and I wanted this moment to never end.

I do not need to describe what happened next but when I woke again, I was still wrapped in Travis's arms. He had made love to me so tenderly. Thinking of the things he had done. The way he had made my body feel excited me all over again.

I could not help myself.

His eyes fluttered open, and he reciprocated my tender kiss.

Then whisper in my ear.

"I'm in love with your Jessica." Then sitting up, "I meant every word of what I said to you Jessica."

"I know and I love you too Travis, but it's complicated you know that. I have to sort this out. I need to go home now and deal with the mess that I have made please don't give up on me Travis just give me a little time."

"Take all the time you need Jessica I am here for you and I always will be."

*****

After freshening up and having breakfast we cleaned up our dishes and he walked me to the door. This time holding my hands Travis kissed me gently on the lips and told me to be safe.

" Are you certain that you're going to be okay, should I come with you?"

"Oh God no, but I do appreciate the offer I will be fine, and I will reach out to you when I get a minute. I am going to call my friend Jennifer and ask her if she will meet up with me for coffee. If need be, she would be more than happy to accompany me to the house if there's going to be any problems."

That eased Travis''s worry about my well-being and off I went to face what a wait for me at home. As I pulled into the driveway, I noticed that John's car was not there. Unlocking the door, I went into the house and walked around. Everything was exactly how I had left it the night before. The bed did not appear to have been slept in. Once again, I took out my cell phone and checked to see if there were any messages. I decided to text John and ask him where he was and if he was okay.

About twenty minutes later he texted back. [I am fine, I have gone to my parents' house, okay? I have taken a couple of days off work; we need to talk. I will let you know when I am coming back.]

I answered back. (I am fine; yes we do need to talk I will see you when you come back)

I took a minute, gave Travis a call and told him that I was home. I explained the situation to him briefly and told him not to worry about me. Give Audrey a big hug and kiss for me. We will talk again soon. I then called my friend Jennifer from work and asked her if she was available to go for coffee. I needed another woman to talk to and get a little bit of insight and clarity of mind.

We met for coffee at a little cafe a couple of hours later she gave me a big hug and we sat and ordered drinks. I slowly gave her a little insight as to the situation that I have That I was not happy as I had told her before. I did not plan it, but I found myself longing for the company of someone else. She quietly listened and did not pass judgment. Her only statement was that I must do what is right for me because if I am not happy it is not fair to myself or John to continue. We changed the subject and talked about work for a while. Afterwards we stood and we gave each other another hug and I told her thank you for listening. I' will see you tomorrow at work.

I decided to sit down and write out my thoughts so I could get them straight in my mind regarding what I wanted to say to John or where I wanted to go from here. I had no idea what he was thinking or if John was going to fight me. Time would tell. Before bed I decided to take a minute and make a call that I was not looking forward to. I called my mom I did not get into any details regarding Travis or Audrey. I just told her that John and I were having a real rough go of it and our marriage was not going to make it. She listened to me quietly. I thought at first, she had hung up and then she just said, "I love you Jessica you're my baby girl. I want you to be happy, are you sure this is what you want?"

I spoke. Yes Mom our relationship I think died about a year ago, I just did not realize it until recently. Thank you, mom, I appreciate that. I will keep you up to date goodnight, Mom tell Dad I sent my love.

At work the next day I took a moment and sat down with my boss and told her that I was having some personal issues at home. That I may need a day or two off if that was okay. She was more than accommodating and told me I should let her know as soon as I was certain as to what days I would need.

Tuesday evening, I got a text from John saying that he was on his way home and that he would be coming in late. Not to wait up for him, that what we had to discuss could wait till the next day. About an hour later I heard him come in downstairs. I went out into the hall, and I was going to go down. Then I just stood there, my legs frozen in place. I heard him in the kitchen puttering around not certain what he was doing. After a little while I see him pass the bottom of the stairs and go into the living room turning on the television volume on low. I went back to bed but could not sleep. An hour later I crept downstairs and peeked in on him. Seeing that he was sleeping on the sofa, John's outline silhouetted in television light. I went out to the kitchen and saw cutlery in the sink. Looking in the refrigerator, I saw he put together sandwiches for his lunch. I assume he was going to work tomorrow. I then went back to bed.

When I awoke and came downstairs, there was coffee in the coffee maker. John was gone but left a note on the table. I picked it up and read it.

...Gone to work, will talk to you tonight when I get home...

That day at work I told my supervisor that if it was okay, I would like to take tomorrow off. I did not know what the conversation was going to be tonight. Feeling certain that tomorrow would probably be a day that I would not want to be at work. That evening I got home and was putting together some dinner when John came in the door. I greeted him with hello, and he smiled and said hello back. He went to the refrigerator grabbed a beer and rather than heading off to the living room John sat down at the kitchen table. He watched me as I put together dinner. I asked him if he was hungry and he said, "I could eat."

I put down two plates of pasta, got myself water from the refrigerator and sat down. Pecking away at my meal, as we sat in silence my nerves were on end. I finally gave up on my meal and just sat quietly drinking my water. John finished what he was eating then he sat back, took a drink of beer, and spoke.

"Jessica I am sorry if I hurt you the other day it was not my intention."

" I understand John it was an accident."

"Listen Jessica I'm not a stupid man I know that we've been having problems and that you are not happy... I've talked to my work and have put in for a transfer. There is a better job opportunity at one of our other locations. It is closer to our families and I was thinking maybe a new start would be good!"

He sat silent for a moment."John, I do not think a move is going to fix the problems that we have! Once again John you're not thinking of what I want. Remember when we first got together we wanted to leave our hometown and start fresh and I am happy where I work, I don't want to change jobs."

He sat silent for a minute, "yeah that's what I thought. So where do we go from here?"

John, maybe we both need something new!!"

Are you talking divorce?"

"I think I am."

"Oh." He got up and put his plate in the sink. "I think that's enough talk for now."

He went into the living room and turned on the television. I cleaned up the kitchen and went up to bed to watch a little TV myself. Once again John did not come up to the bedroom, sleeping on the sofa. When I came down in the morning, he was gone to work. Having the day off I looked into speaking with a solicitor. Finding one I made an appointment for later in the afternoon to speak with him about my options. Hoping for an undisputed divorce, no children, no property. Later I took a minute to call Travis.

"Hi, it's me Jessica I am not bothering you am I Travis?"

"Of course not Jessica, I am happy to hear from you, are you okay?"

"I am fine Travis, thank you. How is Audrey?"

"She is as happy as ever, she asked about you! If you were going to be around on the weekend"

"I am not certain just yet Travis, but if I am not around is it okay if I talk to her on the phone for a bit?"

"We would like that. is everything okay Jessica?"

"I talked to John about divorce, he has not fully responded back. I am sorry to drag you into my mess Travis, it was not my intention."

"I feel responsible for what you are going through."

"Don't you dare feel responsible, my marriage was in trouble long before you came along. I do love you Travis."

"I love you Jessica, talk to you soon okay! you take care."

That evening, when John came home from work. He immediately announced he had already had dinner. So we sat at the kitchen table, and he began.

"Let us sit down and talk, I have some questions. Is the reason you are asking for a divorce because you have met someone new?"

"John, it is not about that, it is about you and I... We have not been a loving married couple in a long while now and you know it. I feel like a roommate and housekeeper."

He sat silent for the longest time

then said, "you are right.... So how do we go about this then?"

I took a deep breath. "Well we do not have children or a house, John. So there is very little to dispute. Our finances are basically separate other than one joint credit card and account. We can sit down with a solicitor and file papers. The lease on this house is another six months. I can leave if you want or you. Or we stay sharing the house, there are three bedrooms. Until the lease is up, then go our separate ways!"

That was that no fighting no court, no judge. We sat down in the lawyer's office, signed the papers and filed them. Continuing our lives under the same roof until our lease was up. We were civil to each other and the only difference in our relationship is we spoke even less. Only when we needed to, it was sad knowing that our relationship had come to an end. John went about his business and I went about mine.

Travis and I spent a lot of time together. During the Christmas holidays, I ended up going to my parents house. On Christmas Day I met with Travis and Audrey It was such a beautiful experience. Like having a daughter to spoil. and enjoy the holiday with. The love between Travis and I grew even more.

Strangely enough while visiting with my Mom and Dad. My mom told me that she heard from John's mother, seeing as though they still stayed in touch. She said John started dating a woman only three months after we filed papers. Which makes me wonder if he had another woman in line before we even split up.

When the six months were up, John moved back to our hometown and started his new job.

I continued with my job and was overjoyed when Travis insisted I move in with Audrey and him.

EPILOGUE

It has been well over a year now since that day I met Travis and his daughter at the garden centre. I am so happy, Travis is the man of my dreams. He asked me to marry him and we are engaged. We are a family, Audrey accepts me as her mother and calls me mom, I love her so much. We have a little garden outback where Audrey and I grow flowers together, while I grow a little sister for her. God blessed me, I am now pregnant. Travis and Audrey are both overjoyed that we are extending our family.

When we reach life's fork in the road, sometimes the path we choose allows our dreams to come true.

The end